BEDOK mommies club

ringo

yeah... i m workin at tampines leh!! ur bro is? reali got no idea leh... keke... let me noe leh.. ur bro stayin bedok also? i dun haf much friends in the east actually.. cos i used to b frm the west... so most of my frends are ther....
happy.gif

hi carrie

can share wif me wat is astigmatism?
my girl was refer due to her eye ball cant focus straight, eg when we talk to her or she watch tv he eye ball soemtime turn side way. long term it might lead to lazy eye.
doc say can only prevent eye sight problem no cure for it unless OP to re adjust the eye muscle. it sound so scary to me
her next appt in June, when is yur?

wendy

ohh.... astigmatism is another form of refraction error... like myopia.... also cause the vision to b blur... astig is usually caused by irregular eyeball shape or the internal lens of our eyes. usually inborn for those kids who has high astig. like my gal loh.....
ur gal squinting is onli sometimes yah? for real squint, the surgery to adjust the eye muscle is quite minor... n mainly for cosmetic reason rite? if not real squint, surgery definately nt necesary wan.. dun wory... lazy eye is possibly cos if the eye which is Squinted, usuali is not in use... thn in the long run... it ll bcome lazy loh..
happy.gif
hope i m not too confusing..
my appoint. in May
happy.gif

hi carrie

thanks for the info, to be frank i really have no idea on all these term. usually hubby will tag alogn for appt and he ask most of the ans cos he wearing spec and have more understanding. sound like i am a poor mum hor.

ya doc say her squinting is imtermitten type so just monitor first. ya doc say is a day surgery but as a parent it make us worries still.
ya we did ask is it more of cosmetic, cos we are more concern whether it affect health or work. doc claim it more to build up the self confidence due to eye contact.

which doc yur kid see? mine is guy doc christoper

hi carrie,

to be exact, my bro is your hb's secondary school's classmate. My bro has a nickname of certain brand instant noodles during his schooldays. Together with another 2 good friends, they form a gang of four. My niece (my brother's daughter) is 1 mth younger than your gal, born in Dec. If I've got the right pax, I met u last Aug when my bro went to your working plc. Besides my bro, I was also with my niece, my mum and my boy. At that time, the kids were climbing up and down your working place. Sound familiar?
kao_smile.gif

Daphne,
which branch of the PCF is your ds in? Mine is kampong chai chee. I think they stop absorbing the GST or something that's why increase price.

Hi mummies,
Do you know of anyone who needs PCF girl uniforms? I have 2 sets. Still in good condition, wasted to throw away so thought of giving away to needy family.

How about creating a table such as this?
Easier when talking about kids
happy.gif

<table border=1><tr><td>Mommy</TD><TD> Child 1</TD><TD> Year</TD><TD> Child 2</TD><TD> Year</TD><TD> Child 3</TD><TD> Year </TD></TR><TR><TD>sleepy</TD><TD> girl </TD><TD> 2002 </TD><TD> girl </TD><TD> 2004 </TD><TD> - </TD><TD> - </td></tr></table>

Hi lwg,

PCF Siglap.
I am not sure the sch gt absord the GST. Bt I don understand y they want to stop providing the food.

Yawn yawn,

Sorri I don knw hw to create table

Mommy Child 1 Year
Daphne Boy 2004

Daphne,
Is it the one near bedok court? Blk 12X PCF also do not provide food as they have no kitchen. That's why we choose the current PCF cos it provides food. Otherwise, v troublesome every morning muz prepare BF for my son. My son really enjoys school now cos he has so many outings. Last week he went Philatelic museum and next month, he's going Sentosa + underwater world for full day. After returning from outing, his class teacher ask them to draw and write about their outing.

My data:

lwg26 girl 2002, boy 2003, expecting bb boy 2009

Hi iwg26,

Yes is opp bedok court. Blk 17x. The reason y I choose there is convient for my mum to fetch him and my nephew bk. My sis gt comment say blk3x nt really gd as the teacher is not that caring compare to Blk 17x

My nephew is older than my son 1yr study @ same sch bt they provide food last yr this yr they stp + price increase.

<table border=1><tr><td>Mommy</TD><TD> Child 1</TD><TD> Year</TD><TD> Child 2</TD><TD> Year</TD><TD> Child 3</TD><TD> Year </TD></TR><TR><TD>sleepy</TD><TD> girl</TD><TD> 2002</TD><TD> girl</TD><TD> 2004</TD><TD> - </TD><TD> - </TD></TR><TR><TD>lwg26</TD><TD> girl</TD><TD> 2002</TD><TD> boy</TD><TD> 2003</TD><TD> expecting bb boy</TD><TD> 2009 </TD></TR><TR><TD>Daphne</TD><TD> Boy</TD><TD> 2004 </TD><TD> - </TD><TD> - </TD><TD> - </TD><TD> - </td></tr></table>

Hi Anxylyn, what bottle u intend to use for your new born?

Oops, yawn yawn me too don't know how to add into the chart?
NEMO10 : Child 1 Girl 2003
Child 2 Girl 2008

hello mummies..

gosh, been very very busy lately.

2sleepy, please add me into the chart..
Child 1 : boy / 2000
Child 2 : boy / 2005
Child 3 : girl / 2007

later i go run thru the conversations... i very lost liao now.

BTW, who's coming for the gathering? Mummies coming along please bring your NTUC cards and sock otherwise will have to pay S$1.50 for admission to explorer kids (for adults) and buy socks at the counter.
happy.gif

Mini Meet-up
Venue : down town east kid's explorer
Date : 3 March / 3pm

1. SNG mummy - confirm
2. Daphne Lai -
3. shirley tan
4. moonn (carrie) -
5. Anx -

<table border=1><tr><td>Mommy</TD><TD> Child 1</TD><TD> Year</TD><TD> Child 2</TD><TD> Year</TD><TD> Child 3</TD><TD> Year </TD></TR><TR><TD>sleepy</TD><TD> girl</TD><TD> 2002</TD><TD> girl</TD><TD> 2004</TD><TD> - </TD><TD> - </TD></TR><TR><TD>lwg26</TD><TD> girl</TD><TD> 2002</TD><TD> boy</TD><TD> 2003</TD><TD> expecting boy</TD><TD> 2009 </TD></TR><TR><TD>Daphne</TD><TD> Boy</TD><TD> 2004 </TD><TD> - </TD><TD> - </TD><TD> - </TD><TD> - </TD></TR><TR><TD>Nemo10</TD><TD>girl</TD><TD>2003</TD><TD> girl</TD><TD>2008</TD><TD>-</TD><TD>- </TD></TR><TR><TD>nicky05</TD><TD> boy</TD><TD>2000</TD><TD> boy</TD><TD> 2005</TD><TD>girl</TD><TD>2007</td></tr></table>

hi hi yawn yawn...
got to trouble u to update the table for me also can? cos i dunoe how to create also.. keke...
1 child-Gal yr 2005
thanks

hi jayce... welcome of cos....

sng's mummy..
i gg for the meet up on tues.... shall we xchange hp no. for easier meet up whn we get ther? so hope to cya thn...

ringo
HI HI HI... so u are mingxin's sister rite? yah yah. i rem tat time whn u guys visited my workplace... keke... so haf u decided wher to place ur kid in? dun stress n headache too much? so u gg bk to work soon huh? able to join us for the outing on 3rd March?? come join us leh...

wendy
i m seeing a female filipino eye doc... Dr garcia i think... cant rem her full time... hopefully ur gal's eye is only temporary prob... thn dun need any surgery or anything loh.. cos at first i thought my gal was squinting intermittently also... but thn the doc says its "fake-squint"... but if any surgery is needed, mayb u can consier second opinion loh....

Hi anymore mummies meeting up? The more the merrier... Maybe can write down whether bringing kids or not, so that we know whether the kids got company. Sngmummy, I PM you my HP no. Can you let me know your HP in case I get lost ; D

BTW, how to go to Explorer Kid. From Pasir Ris, what bus to take and where to stop?

Mini Meet-up

1. SNG mummy - confirm
2. Daphne Lai -
3. shirley tan
4. moonn (carrie) -
5. Anx - confirm, bringing ds

Anxylyn,

i dunno what number to go downtown east. Do we want to go T3 swensens instead? easier to get to and no need to pay admission fee..
happy.gif

Mini Meet-up

1. SNG mummy - confirm / not bringing the kids.
2. Daphne Lai - not coming
3. shirley tan
4. moonn (carrie) -
5. Anx - confirm, bringing ds

By the way, forgot to intro myself.. I'm 24, staying at bedok north. Boy is 3 years old, now attending sparkletots childcare at fengshan cc. Baby girl coming 5 months old, staying home with maid..

Welcome Xue Yi. Wa you are very young and already got 2 kids liao. Your baby gal same like my gal too she turning 5mths tomorrow.

Dear mummies, sorry I cannot make it hope can join for the next gathering.Happy gathering
happy.gif

welcome xue yi, a young mummy

2 sleepy
pls help me update
girl / 2004 girl / 2006

carrie
thanks hope is intermitten , tat why keep her on 6 mthly review, hope if anyting wrong can detect early.
today just went for speech doc review, now refer her to Occupational Therapy in May.

daphane
my mum stay ard yur area

hello mummies, am getting pretty confused liao... Can someone share with me how are those things like speech delay etc detected? Problem with my #2 is, he seems to have problems listening (as in getting instructions or his school work into the brain!) and these days, he doesnt even speaks properly (ie he tries to imitate his younger sister).. argh..

I'm ok with Terminal 3 or we just stick around nearby cos seems like we only have 3 mummies?

Hi Shirley,
Confirm you are coming?

Shirley,
I think we can kickstart 1st meeting. Next time can organize again maybe June holiday. We can meet somewhere nearby Bedok area or even Pasir Ris Swensen.

Hi sng mummy

if the kids osscaionally try diff funny then is ok, maybe they mischievious.
sometime those doc find we overreact. today the speech doc give hubby and thrashing say we have so negative remark for our gal.
but as a parent we are worried, and all these are feedback from teacher.
the doc say we over react and tis could be 1 reason why our girl is slow.
we feel she only see our girl for 15min she cant compare to us who see her daily.
so if u worried can get the doc to verify.

u still seeing dr tham for yur yearly check up? today i do my pap smear , dam ex lor he now senior con cost me $120+ con plus pap smear so ex

Hi mummies, anyone still breastfeeding their babies? Now I tried to pump 3X a day during work, usually pump around 80ml to 100ml per pumping session. Sometimes can only get 60ml, but today surprising i can get 140ml =)

My baby girl is coming 5 months, the amount i pump is it very little? How long should i pump in between? If i pump 4 hours interval, will it decrease my milk supply? Hope you all can help me!

wendypooh, doc tham is ex ex de... he promoted liao the last time i see him... Think 2007..

I know loh.. when parents see docs, they think we toopid, machiam finding problems with our kids. When parents see teacher, teacher also think we toopid, think too highly of our kids. damn difficult.. But they always say, got problem, need to get it rectified early.

Shirley, i'm fine with it... Maybe someone sms me tomorrow on the confirm venue? I will be out for meeting the whole morning and got no internet access..
sad.gif

hi sng mummy, shirley, anxylyn.
looks like we the only four mummies meeting up tml yah? i m fine wif ikea tampines or ehub or airport also... i haf shirley hp no. n will b meetin her at the sch first yah, shirley? thn wher shall we finally meet?? mayb shall contact thru hp? or shall we fix one venue now? btw, i bringin my gal.. bring ur kids too leh..

Hi Xueyi,

I am also staying at Bedok North. If you are a SAHM, you can actually feed direct. Pumping will reduce your milk supply.

I am still breastfeeding my 3 year old dd.

<table border=1><tr><td>Mommy</TD><TD> Child 1</TD><TD> Year</TD><TD> Child 2</TD><TD> Year</TD><TD> Child 3</TD><TD> Year </TD></TR><TR><TD>sleepy</TD><TD> girl</TD><TD> 2002</TD><TD> girl</TD><TD> 2004</TD><TD> - </TD><TD> - </TD></TR><TR><TD>lwg26</TD><TD> girl</TD><TD> 2002</TD><TD> boy</TD><TD> 2003</TD><TD> expecting boy</TD><TD> 2009 </TD></TR><TR><TD>Daphne</TD><TD> Boy</TD><TD> 2004 </TD><TD> - </TD><TD> - </TD><TD> - </TD><TD> - </TD></TR><TR><TD>Nemo10</TD><TD>girl</TD><TD>2003</TD><TD> girl</TD><TD>2008</TD><TD>-</TD><TD>- </TD></TR><TR><TD>nicky05</TD><TD> boy</TD><TD>2000</TD><TD> boy</TD><TD> 2005</TD><TD>girl</TD><TD>2007 </TD></TR><TR><TD>jayce</TD><TD>boy</TD><TD>2005</TD><TD>girl</TD><TD>2008</TD><TD>-</TD><TD>- </TD></TR><TR><TD>carrie</TD><TD>girl</TD><TD>2005</TD><TD>-</TD><TD>-</TD><TD>-</TD><TD>- </TD></TR><TR><TD>wendypooh</TD><TD>girl</TD><TD>2004</TD><TD>girl</TD><TD>2006</TD><TD>-</TD><TD>-</td></tr></table>

Hi cdajun,
i'm working, that's why i pump at work.. Sometimes can't even find the time to pump.. i really hope i can breastfeed till my girl is 1 year old, but not sure i can do it anot. You are so "wei da" leh, can breastfeed until 3 yrs old.. Did your baby bite u when he/she is teething? I so scare my girl will bite me..

Hi Xueyi,

Welcome to the club.

I was still working when I breastfed my gal. I pumped twice in the office then latched on when back at home.

It is very important to hv the employer's support when bf. I was very lucky as my company has a proper nursing room and all the utensils for bf.

I breastfed her for 14 mths. It is definitely worth the effort.

Hi Shirley,

I pumped in the toilet, somemore it's not my company's toilet, it's the common toilet which my company shared with another company which have more than 30 over staff.. Sometimes very stressful to pump when there are pple outside waiting to use the toilet. i'm using medela swing pump now, better than avent manual pump, hand not so tired.. Actually thought of buying electric double pump, but it's too expensive.. Any recipes to share for increasing or maintaining milk supply?

Hi Xueyi, I breast feed my gal but I latch her on. Ocassionally I pump 120ml for per feed which last 2 hrs. Last time for my first gal, I only pumped during lunch time at work only have 240ml per session. Anyway depend the amount your gal drink. If your milk supply is low there is a medicine to increase your supply.

Cdajun- I so pei fu you, u can feed your dd till 3 yrs old, so long. I still decide whether to stop feeding my gal after 6 mths.
happy.gif

Nemo10 - wow, 240ml! so much! I wonder when can i pump this much? or i can only maintain at 80ml-120ml.. usually milk supply will increase when baby grow older or it will get lesser and lesser over time?

Hi carrie,

Bingo! I'm Mingxing's elder sister. So "qiao" to meet u here
happy.gif

Just signed up my boy for those twice-a-week class at Zoophonics (Siglap) to let him get used to the school environment 1st. Will be starting his 1st lesson 2moro. Subsequently when I go back to work in July, will phase him to those daily classes/ playgroup near my Mum's place at Bedok South. So Zoophonics (Siglap) is just a "temporary" measure as it will be quite tiring for my mum to bring him there to and fro and the school fees for those daily classes are not cheap too. Still have not decided the playgroup and the nursery school to enrol him leh. very headache ...

Hi Xueyi,
I'm still breastfeeding my boy who just turned 21 mths old. But my ss is already dipping like mad. But yet he refuses to switch to formula milk. Another headache...

<table border=1><tr><td>Mommy</TD><TD>Child 1</TD><TD>Year</TD><TD>Child 2</TD><TD>Year</TD><TD>Child 3</TD><TD>Year </TD></TR><TR><TD>sleepy</TD><TD>girl</TD><TD>2002</TD><TD>girl</TD><TD>2004</TD><TD>-</TD><TD>- </TD></TR><TR><TD>lwg26</TD><TD>girl</TD><TD>2002</TD><TD>boy</TD><TD>2003</TD><TD>expecting boy</TD><TD>2009 </TD></TR><TR><TD>Daphne</TD><TD>Boy</TD><TD>2004</TD><TD>-</TD><TD>-</TD><TD>-</TD><TD>- </TD></TR><TR><TD>Nemo10</TD><TD>girl</TD><TD>2003</TD><TD>girl</TD><TD>2008</TD><TD>-</TD><TD>- </TD></TR><TR><TD>nicky05</TD><TD>boy</TD><TD>2000</TD><TD>boy</TD><TD>2005</TD><TD>girl</TD><TD>2007 </TD></TR><TR><TD>jayce</TD><TD>boy</TD><TD>2005</TD><TD>girl</TD><TD>2008</TD><TD>-</TD><TD>- </TD></TR><TR><TD>carrie</TD><TD>girl</TD><TD>2005</TD><TD>-</TD><TD>-</TD><TD>-</TD><TD>- </TD></TR><TR><TD>wendypooh</TD><TD>girl</TD><TD>2004</TD><TD>girl</TD><TD>2006</TD><TD>-</TD><TD>- </TD></TR><TR><TD>ringo</TD><TD>boy</TD><TD>2007</TD><TD>-</TD><TD>-</TD><TD>-</TD><TD>- </TD></TR><TR><TD></td></tr></table>

Back