BEDOK mommies club

yawn yawn

will check out the CC n the RC too for the phonics class
happy.gif
thanks

daphne

BLC is at bedok south ave 2 i think.... the fees for nursery is $540 per term.. slightly more exp compare to PCF... but ok lah... not those very expensive kind... i m not christian, but also send my gal ther...
happy.gif

Good idea to meet. I'm fine office hour or after work. I can take leave if office hr - plenty of leave to clear ; D One question: Can bring the kids? Would be good for them to play together.

1. SNG mummy - office hours / after work also fine
2. Daphne Lai -
3. shirley tan
4. moonn - will definately try to make it if its my off day
5. Anx - office hr / after work

Carrie,

my son also taught by her. I found she ok bt mayb my son is too active tat y she abit yan ge to him.

For the outing, u guys arrange and let me knw the time.

Hi all.. for the mini meet up, we do it at downtown east kid's explorer? Easier for mummies who are bringing kids. alternatively, we can also meet-up at an swensens at changi airport for some ice-cream.

Please indicate your preference.

Mini Meet-up
Venue : down town east kid's explorer / swensen changi airport
Date : 3 March / 3pm

1. SNG mummy - either location is fine
2. Daphne Lai -
3. shirley tan
4. moonn - will definately try to make it if its my off day

i guess its abit hard for everyone to compromise on the timing yah? why not mayb we can meet in the afternn ard 3pm as sng's mummy has suggested... thn those who can meet at tat time can come...we can bring our kids to the explorer kids or sit at the cafe for tea break? thn after tat those who has to rush home to fetch kids or cook dinner can go back home.. thn those who wana meet after work can later thn join us for dinner at Ehub (downtown east)? after dinner still can go movie,bowling or ktv? jus suggestions lah.. wat do u ladies think?

3rd March is okay. But I prefer 13th and 16th March like Daphne. School holidays can bring the kids to downtown east to play.

Hi Ladies,

Happy New Year and Sweet Valentine Day!

WOW! Everyone so active leh! Am lost now will try to catch up w u mummies.. me been busybaking and sending the kids to school, tuitions la... walking up and down everyday. But still so BIG size.

My D2 refused to take school bus... haiz... so now everyday I got to bring her to school.

Carrie and Shirly,
Thanks for remembering me! Me busy baking CNY cookies la...

My D3 just turn 1 too but CNY eve, didn't celebrate cos everyone having reunion dinner so
just a simple No.1 cake for her.
2157432.jpg

Thomas Cake for Friend
2157433.jpg

spagoh,
Thanks for your kind words. Hope see u more in the forum too : )

lwg,
how are you? how's preparation to welcome bb?

yawn yawn,
my kid loves young scientist and they learn alot of stuffs from there. I subscript level 1 and 2!

Hammy,
Wow, your cake is so IMPRESSIVE. I like the Thomas Cake. Do you accept orders? Me so far so good. Big and clumsy lor. Went for detailed scan was ok. Now baby very active kick me non-stop! S'times I shout when he kicks too hard and my colleagues thought s'thing happen.

Are you free to join us for the outing? Ya, I need to pick up some stuff from you. Will sms you again.

yawn yawn,
You can go to Popular to look at sample copy of Young Scientist. They also sell 2008 copies. Can see sample copies here. Seems like many good feedback. Likely I will subscribe Level 1.

http://www.englishcorner.sg/Magazine_Samples.aspx

Dear All

Difficult for me to take leave during those dates as it is my busy period at work.

Hi Hammy
long time never see u here. In midst of fetching your children here and there, you still can find time to bake??
Anyway I always enjoy looking at those lovely cakes you bake ... :p

Din celebrate Valentine's day. Brought the kids for lunch at Ikea Tampines and let them play for 1 hr in the playroom while we went "shopping". Not so romantic lah... hee hee.

lee tai. ya.. it's hazy and HOT... I've been perspiring big time these couple of days!

Anxylyn, at least better than mine v-day.. My dh was working on both sat and sun.. So i choose to get mad at him cos all the 3 monsters drove me nuts.! brought them to the beach on sat, but the 2 elder ones refuse to take cab, wanting to take bus.. and the youngest one refuse to go out without the pram, cry and cry until i carry the pram out of the house.! argh.. can you imagine, carry youngest one, hold the 2 older ones and still carry a pram drag them across the road, take bus.... argh.. And as if i did not learn my lesson yet, sunday be super woman again and bring them to changi airport!

Wow... sng mummy, you're so brave. To bring 1 bb + 2 kids out alone. 2 monsters already drive me crazy. A friend told my kids to let mummy rest cos now mummy gets tired easily now. If they do not fight (which is rare), I must 'xie tian xie di'.

Anyone has ideas for solving sibling rivalry. How to make them more cordial together? I saw in Ikea an ang moh mum brought 3 kids (ranging from 3 to 9) + a baby in a pram, for lunch. The kids are very well behaved and follow their mum everywhere. How to achieve that??

how to celebrate valentine day when busy cleaning backside, screaming kids to learn eng and chinese spelling etc etc...

sat, we celebrate valentine with my parents and sister+hubby! we had steamboat dinner... haa haa v romantic hor. sun, we went car boot sales at east coast park and took a walk there. weather is HOT but nice taking a stroll.

mmm.. sibling rivalry. my DS quite sweet to his 2 younger sisters so he normally get bully by dd2 haa haa.. my ds nowsday starts to close door and stop the bb from crawling in his room!

Me can meet, but 3 Mar only can bring bb cos kids in school n has tuition.

lwg,nemo
thanks for your kind words... i stress then keep baking loh. normally i bake in the day and deco at night. sometimes can be fun decorating at night (provided bb SLEEPS)

lwg,
yes, u got my hp no. hor... just give me a ring or we can meet during the gathering : )

hammy,
Very pei fu. You've a baby + 2 kids and still can find time to bake. If I've time, I either be couch potato (TVB serials) or sleep.

I almost went crazy on V day as well cos my boy cry over small little thing. Probably his last two teeth are coming out so he feel uncomfortable that's why cry over small little thing ...

Bad mommy here ... I didn't sayang him and just let him cry. Thereafter I just go to the bedroom, put him next to me and ask my girl to take a nap. Guess in the end, I am the one that fallen asleep first. :p

hammy, i've learnt to close 2 eyes and told my eldest son he will face his own music if he fails exams.. He can decide for himself what he wants in life.. :p

Anxylyn, so far i have not encounter real sibling rivalry yet. Maybe it should happen to #2 and #3 since their age group are closer. What do they fight about? Usually before i go out, i do pull #1 and #2 a side first and tell them what is the expected behavior from them. And i also tell #1 that if he does not behaves, he will not go to grandma house and sleep-over on Friday which he is very afraid i do that. #2 i'll tell him he will go into dark room when we get home if he misbehaves.

Lee Tai, me too... usually i end up zzzzz first...

siblings rivalry

This is very sensitive. I'm threading on thin ice too. I must always remind myself not to compare them (this would fuel rivalry) and never never admit you have a preferred child (according to a parenting book I read)

valentine's day

Kids have activities on v-day. Hubby & I make up the next day by attending a line dance party together while my mom babysits them, considered celebration?
biggrin.gif

winniebear

We stopped our classes so just practicing during free time.
Now must rely on my mom to babysit so quite hard to coordinate time lor. My mom is busier than me!

I find line dance fun leh. I tried other exercises like step aerobics, too shiong, cannot catch up physcially.

School holidays - my calendar stated 14 March - 22 March.

Any plans for school holidays?

Valentine
Eventually, went to Pete's place for lunch. Food - good. After that - go to Tampines IKEA - KLKK and bought our favourite - IKEA chicken wings - for the kids and us too....
happy.gif

lee tai, it's always on my mind. But dunno what can i do if i leave my current job! This year is kind of slow for us, so am taking this time to apply for half days and spend the afternoons at home with the kids.

hi hi hi...

hi ladies.. so we still meeting up on 3rd March? anyway i alreadi arranged my off day on tat day, so if the gathering is still onz, i ll b able to make it...
happy.gif

lee tai

career switch... haf thought of b4, but i m in my current occupation for almost a decade.... also dunnoe wat else can i do loh... abit scared to switch to a totally different line... although sometimes i thinkin of switching, so i would b able to spend more time wif my gal.. but i guess i m too comfortable in the comfort zone liao... afraid of changes
sad.gif

u tinkin of switchin bcos too busy wif the current job huh?

carrie, i supposed yes bah.. i've also applied my leave liao.. Shall we confim it at down town east explorer kids since some mummies are bringing along their kids?

Mini Meet-up
Venue : down town east kid's explorer
Date : 3 March / 3pm

1. SNG mummy - either location is fine
2. Daphne Lai -
3. shirley tan
4. moonn (carrie) - will definately try to make it if its my off day

2sleepy, u coming along :p

Hi,

wats the prog on 3 mar and can have a show of hands who is bringing how many kids?

i will bring my 3yr old dd but unsure if my 11 yr old ds wants to come along. if no one is bringing big kids then i wl put him at home.

carrie, if u fetching yr gal fm sch then we can meet at blc and go tog.

Hi Carrie

I am not always busy but certain time of the month I will be.

I have been in this line for more than a decade liao. These few days I am seriously thinking do I want to do this for the rest of my life before I retired?

I m feeling comfortable in the comfort zone as well hence I want CHANGE.
My ideal job will be something that is flexible and allow me to spend time with the kids when they need me

3 March - I will try to take leave on that day. If I come will bring my ds 5 year old.

Re: career switch
Do you mean switching to a totally different job? I actually did the preschool diploma course 3 years ago, thinking of being a preschool teacher. But it is not easy. The starting pay is low, hours long and the work is stress. Must really have the passion to be a teacher. If change job, there's definitely pay cut since everything start from zero again ; (

shirley

yah.. on 3rd mar, i ll b fetchin my gal frm sch n go out straight frm ther. so can meet u at BLC... programmes i guess is to go Xplorer kids? n teatime...n mayb dinner?

Hi Iwg

you are currently a preschool teacher?

I have this thought before I have kids.

But don't think I can do it now cos I don't have so much patience. When my kids fuss together, I can't even handle them, so how to handle the rest?

Back