bai fong wan.

dreamiez

been seeing bai fong wan around the forums, may i know what's the uses of it? and if it can be taken together with folic acid??

I took bai fong wan mainly to regulate my menses..and oso to "bu" my body after mense..took 2 small bottles every month..

Don't take it if you are preggy..

not sure if it can be taken with folic acid

I took bai fong wan in my younger days to regulate menses and prevent cramps, not so much to help in TTC..

Personally I haven't taken, but am planning to do so cos TTC-ing soon. According to salesperson at eu yan seng, take immediately after menses end (1 or 2 bottles?) then stop... then wait for next menses.. but better to check with the sales person first!! Yes, it regulates menses and more importantly, it will "bu" the womb to be in prime condition for TTC!

By the way, I think april (or is it March? Now??) eu yan seng has special promotion for bai feng wan for members! Can check it out!! I will recommend eu yan seng cos read stories of some cheaper brands containing some banned substances???!!

capri_gal,
i have been taking EYS one.u mean there's a promo for it..the last time i bot 2 for $68 which is pretty good price coz each box is abt $40+..now i left wif abt 4 bottles from the 2 boxes liao.let me know if there's a promo..tks

anybody wif G6PD but alrite wif taking of bai fong wan...have checked around wif various medicinal shops including EYS but no firmed answers given....thanks ya...=)

lynn,

i advise not to, bai fong wan is chinese med and folic is eng. med, it's mixing the both which is not good.

What is the reason for you to consume bai fong wan..? If ur trying TTC, maybe u can try drinking chicken/ginseng soup, taking birds nest, thats what I did..

I Mc-ed a couple of weeks ago, mother-in-law tells me to take bai fong wan. the gynae tells me to continue taking folic acid.

so just wanna know if its safe to be taken together.

errr..folic acid is not english medicine. Folic acid can be found in those green leafy vegetables. Thus, actually if you always eat A LOT of green leafy vegetables EVERYDAY, you don't need to take folic acid supplement.
however usually our diet is not so good, thus we are advised to take the supplements.

I also had a m/c early last year. I took the EYS brand once the bleeding stop. But I only took abt 3 bottles (in a gap of 3-4days each time). In the meantime, during that time, I still continued taking 1x folic acid tablet.

During my TTCing days, I take daily 1x folic acid.
and every mth, immediately after my menses ended, I take 1 bottle of EYS baifongwan and 3days later i take another bottle. After that, NO more until the next cycle.

baifoongwan cannot be taken everyday.

Hi,

BFY is good in regulating menses, "bu" for us after each menses. its best to be taken 2-3 days after menses. if taken during menses, will cos more AF lor.

However, some TCM would advice TTC ladies not to take. Think some of them believe that since it regulate our menses each mth, its cos menses to come, hence how to strike right..

I personally try taking it for my irregula menses, but i try to cut down to 1 bot 3 days after menses, its good not to take after we O.

happy.gif

mulberry: so its fine for me to take it every other day for the bai fong wan? and take folic acid daily???

1 bottle of eys baifongwan contains how many pills sia.

the bottle i have is quite huge..

Lynn,
Yup, folic acid i it take daily.
i'm not sure whether BFY can take every other day. That time after my m/c, i took it every 3-4 days. and i took 3 bottles only.

The eu yan sang one, the bottle is ard 4cm tall, not big. Inside got lots of pills but the pill is very very small, each is like 1mm diameter size.

How come you didn't ask the chinese medical hall how many bottle should you take?
hee...but personally coz I'm not local so I don't know which medical hall here is good, I just took the EYS one. EYS ones should be safe bah.

er. i have no idea. haha my mom in law ask me take 2 pills each day, just after the D&C done. now i take like alternate days. guess folic acid i'll eat it daily.

maybe i shld call up and ask if its okie to take both together.

actually ladies, can I check what is the main purpose of consuming folic acid. will there be side effect if taken daily. pls advise as I am also taking

mrs low,

folic acid is actually Vitmain B for BB not so much for the mummy.

Its for BB brain development and also to prevent any major birth defects and spinal cord.

Its impt for ladies to take before pregnancy (when u plan to have BB) and during pregnancy.

I had been taking before I have BB. A friend who gave birth recently advised me to.

Dear bladers, thanks for the prompt reply. However I am planning to have bb next year and therefore now start to take folic acid is it too early.maybe i more kiasu.

Mrs Low,
no harm to take folic acid daily even u planning next yr. i also took for more than a year. Coz i didn't 'strike' immediately also...hehe..

actually, folic acid can be found in leafy green vegetables, fruits, dried beans, peas and nuts. Enriched breads, cereals and other grain products also contain folic acid.
my gynae told me no worry of overdose coz excess folic acid will be 'passed out' by our system.

Hi Mulberry, thanks for the info but is folic acid heaty for the body. I feel like after eating the folic acid my body is heaty and tends to get sore throat. Worst still my period very heavy and alot of blot clot. Could it due to folic acid?

I just bought the Bai Feng Wan during the foodfair @ Yu Ren Sang. According to the box, it said to be taken 1 weekly after menses ends or 2 days interval of weaker body... This is heaty & may cause constipation. So recommended is 1 weekly...
As I felt giddy as & when, I will rather to have consipation, so decide to take it every 2 days in interval..

Hi All,

Just share with you all here, I heard only the bai feng wan from Yu Ren Sang is the GOOD one...I am trying to have baby now, and relative ask me take Yu Ren Sang Ba Feng Wan after my M....

star8888

<font color="0000ff">Yes Star8888,

Apparently, BFW from EYS is not bad, I took it for 2 cycles and conceived shortly
happy.gif
</font>

Yes, its good. Helps me to relieve my PMS symptoms. Apparantly regulates your period and helps u to conceive. Usually take it 1 wk after your period. I took it for few mths n conceived shortly as well.

<font color="aa00aa">Hi Ladies,

can someone advise whether can i take bai fong wan after delivery? If i plan to BF, can i take it?
My mil want me to take it for 2 weeks daily after delivery. SO wanna check if it'll caused any problem or not.</font>

Sorry to interrupt. I've a box of Wuji Baifeng Wan from the renowned Beijing Tong Ren Tang for sale. BN &amp; sealed. Bought at $20, selling at only $16.
Exp date: Nov 2010. Pls pm me if keen, thks!

View pic below:
http://tinyurl.com/myqab

Can I take bai fong wan when I am breastfeeding. My menses is alway irregular. People say that menses will become regular after birth but not for my case.

Hi all,I tried another product which can help to regulate menses and stop menstual cramps. Its a supplement foe the body and is tested.

Hey, just curious. Tot we shdn't take bai fong wan when we are trying to get preggy? I haven't taken any bai fong wan for more than 6 months cuz I tot it might hinder my chances of getting preggy lor. But anyway, till now still haven't preggy. Maybe I shd start?

Does it help in having more of the "egg-white"? I realized my mucus is less than before and its not exactly good news for TTC right?

Hi Jinnous,

Yup, parents and pil said that bai fong wan is good for TTC, good for regulating your period.

They bought for me, but I have not try, as I got pregnant already then
happy.gif
But be it bai fong wan or folic acid, I found that stressful work environment plays a big part in TTC
sad.gif

Don't stress up and get enough rest/sleep, good luck!
happy.gif

Hi ladies,

I bought bai fong wan to regulate my menses too. if did help after 2 boxes I thk .... I still have ard 4 boxes left. Bought from Yu Ren Sheng ... anyone interested ? now pregnant so cant take anymore.

Gold Label Bak Foong Pill (Small Pills)
Unit : 6 pcs / box
Outside Selling : SGD 45.30 (Price inclusive of 7% GST)

I am selling for $100 for 4 boxes ...

If buy individually, $30 per box ..

pm me if your interested.

Thanks.

I took bai fong wan for a few years already even when i was TTC, i continue taking one bottle every month after menses. I got pregnant begining of last year but MC and i continue taking bai fong wan and got pregnant again within 2 months. But i stop taking it when i was pregnant. Now my girl is already 3 months
happy.gif

Congrats gina! Wow BFW must be like a miracle pill. I am on my 2nd bottle now after my menses was recommended by mummies in Masia forum to consume alternate days...kind of heaty, headache spells tho..urine also green colour..is it normal..?

Understand others also may have headache..

Hi soho,

I only take a bottle once a month. I do not feel 'heaty' or headache etc. So not sure if it is normal or not. Anyway i believe that BFW play a part in regulating my menses. I took some tonics as well when i am TTC.

hi ladies,
i am planning to have BB soon, may i know when i should take the BFW to get preggy? for example : centain time? do you have any tips for that? thanks ^^

yullie: I read from mummie and EYS shop sales lady says 3 days after menses 1 bottle, after 1 week one more, another week 1 more bottle, so 3 bottles within the month.

Hey girls imm got bai foong wan promo - 68 for a packs, normal is 90+ for 2 packs. Only this wkend!

Wish me luck ttc-ing!

Back