Baby measuring smaller than expected in scan

Mamamarch

Hi mummies,

Just finished my first scan at (supposedly) 11 weeks today, when the doctor mentioned that the baby is only measuring at 8 weeks. They told me that they can't determine the exact age until I go for a re-scan since the calendar count and scan doesn't match, - a 'Dating' Scan that will be more detailed. Has anyone experience this before, and is there a cause for concern at all?

Thanks!

Hi mummies,

Just finished my first scan at (supposedly) 11 weeks today, when the doctor mentioned that the baby is only measuring at 8 weeks. They told me that they can't determine the exact age until I go for a re-scan since the calendar count and scan doesn't match, - a 'Dating' Scan that will be more detailed. Has anyone experience this before, and is there a cause for concern at all?

Thanks!

Hi! Has your menses been irregular? You could have ovulated late..

hi are all other parameters like heartbeat bloodflow to fetus ok?

Yes, everything seems normal except that they can't determine the exact number of weeks that I'm along, and that a re-scan for dating will have to be done again. I really hope it's nothing to worry about. :/

Yes, everything seems normal except that they can't determine the exact number of weeks that I'm along, and that a re-scan for dating will have to be done again. I really hope it's nothing to worry about. :/

Yes don’t worry! I hope everything is ok so far! Best is just rest, let Mother Nature take its course!

no need worry ..all will catch up sooner or later

Hi mummies,

Thanks!
Hi,
I am the admin of a daddy group chat and i got 1 gc member do share that doctor do reset the EDD and number of wk for the little one due to his bb the fetus too small. Something like 7wks pregnancy but size is about 5 wks nia during the measurement. And when they went for 10wks check up, doctor had "adjusted" it from 10wks to 7wks due to the measurement again. And now, his wife pregnancy on 32wks liao. Not too worry and relax. it will be good to your little one.
And congrats on your pregnancy. Cheers.

Hi,
I am the admin of a daddy group chat and i got 1 gc member do share that doctor do reset the EDD and number of wk for the little one due to his bb the fetus too small. Something like 7wks pregnancy but size is about 5 wks nia during the measurement. And when they went for 10wks check up, doctor had "adjusted" it from 10wks to 7wks due to the measurement again. And now, his wife pregnancy on 32wks liao. Not too worry and relax. it will be good to your little one.
And congrats on your pregnancy. Cheers.
Thank you so much for this! I'm so glad to hear this since I had trouble looking for similar situations in the forums. Will try to relax! ☺️

Back