Expectant Management

L3tch88

Hello, I recently had a miscarriage and was following up with Prof Tee at KKH. He first scanned me and said there was no heartbeat, so he recommended that I have a detailed scan with a sonogragher. He discovered a little heartbeat and mentioned that my pregnancy was 50/50. The fetus was supposed to be 7 weeks old, but the scan revealed that it was 5 weeks old and had a heartbeat.

I went to KKH a&e on the 3rd of January 2022 with bleeding and was told that the baby's heartbeat had stopped; they scheduled an appointment for the next day. I woke up with a cramp and bleeding, so I went to the bathroom and saw a clot come out. I felt so weak. When I saw Prof, he indicated that I had passed out and that my baby's sac was still there. He preferred that I have a natural miscarriage rather than a d&c. To cut a long story short, I went to see Prof today, and he scanned my tummy and said everything was fine, and he suggested I take bhcg, which I did, and my level is now 66, 5days back was 334. He is a quiet individual who rarely speaks. When I ask whether everything is fine, he responds that everything is fine and that I can resume my normal routine after my first cycle.

I'm completely lost, and I'm still spotting on and off. I'm anxious since this is the first time I've gone through such a natural procedure; my other two miscarriages were d&c, and I'm worried there will be leftover pregnancy bits that won't be seen or what. I'm still planning on having a baby; has anyone else gone through this? Please share your ideas or experiences in the comments section below.

Hi, our situation are similar and I am seeing the sonographer next week. I used Prof Tee as well. It is really painful and chances are slim as there was no heartbeat detected.

This is my first MC and it is really sad.

Me too, though I saw a different doctor. His name is Dr Jen Shek Wei -- we went private mainly for hands-on care. In my case I had a miscarriage but since I was farther along the doctor recommended D&C to ensure complete evacuation of pregnancy tissues. I can't imagine how it would be to have a natural miscarriage, so even if given the chance I'd still choose D&C. He also told me that a miscarriage won't affect my chance of pregnancy, so I'm optimistic that the hubs and I will be able to build our small family soon.

I’ve been having blood discharge and cramps since I found out that I was pregnant. Took 1st blood test and HCG level was pretty low, went back for a 2nd blood work and HCG level increased but not up to Doctor’s expectation. It’s quite frustrating for me as this is my first pregnancy, and waiting for a definite answer on whether the pregnancy is safe to carry on or abortion shld be considered is tiresome. We have been trying for 1 yr and I am close to 35, time is running out for me and the current situation is not favorable. Been telling myself that what will be will be. Still, each time when I saw the blood discharge, I am disheartened. If the baby will be healthy, am more than willing to go through the pain but the uncertainty is driving me nuts.

Back