~Baby Fair/Baby Expo

ruch

Hi All, I am a first time MTB and have not visited any baby fair in Singapore to date. A friend told me that there is going to be a baby expo in end Apr 2011 (@ SIngapore Expo). Any idea if one can buy strollers there? I am looking to buy a peg perego and am not sure what kind of price deals can one expect. What else can one expect from this baby expo so that I can plan my shopping in the coming weeks accordingly. Any advice will be appreciated? What are the other baby fairs to look out out for. My baby is due in mid May so am hoping there are some good deals coming up in the next 2 months. Thanks
happy.gif

Hi ruch

I m mom of one, just sharing with you. I bought a peg pergeo p3. It is a very good and sturdy stroller, but it is very heavy and takes up a lot of boot space in the car. It is also not one hand operated, so unless you will be pushing it all the way, you might not be able to handle it if you are going out alone with your baby - like if you need to get on the taxi. I got mine at the hypermart at Kaki Bukit. Maybe you should go Robinsons Centrepoint and check out first on your preference first before you go to the baby expo.

Thanks Magic, actually i also felt that the P3 was quite heavy so am looking to buy the Si Classico 2010 which is about 1.2 kg lighter. Only diff from P3 is that there is no footboard and no snack tray (Si has a bumper bar). Dont think i need either features. Plus apparaently the wheels and suspension for Si are supposed to be better. This stroller can be used from 3 months onwards I am told. How much was the P3 @ hypermart? Do they have a wide selection of models so that i can go down and view.

I looked at all possible brands available and somehow the only one that seemed to fit my criteria (suitable from newborn to 18months, easy to fold, should not fall back with diaper bag hanging on the handle, at least 170 degree recline for baby, roomy comfy seat and stand alone when folded, easy to handle as i will be using mostly taxi or publci transport with the baby)was this stroller. Some others that i saw were
Mclarens - surprised to learn that no model can stand on its own and putting them lying down wld also mean putting them closer to dust.
Combi - seemed to meet all the criteria but the frame feels quite light and flimsy. Also some mothers told me that once the baby is about a yr old and heavier, the combi (miracle turn/urban walker) are not as easy to manoeuvre. Not sure if its true!
Baby Jogger - easy to fold and roomy but cannot stand on its own when folded. Not very light either
Capella - folding is quite cumbersome and awkward
Aprica - very light frame and quite pricey
Bugaboo - price not worth the features
Quinny - heavy when folded.
Graco - equally heavy as P3

Can you share your experience in how you made your decision on the stroller?

Hihi,

Ive been using capella for the past 3 years and personally i feel its a very good pram.the folding is quite easy and not Cumbersome as u mentioned... Maybe u only seem one model from capella? Its a one hand operate pram which i love and has a big basket and a sturdy frame. Suitable from newborn. I owned a combi too, though light weight but cannot take heavy stuff hanging on the pram.

what capella model are you using? maybe the one i saw wasnt a very good one. i think it was S-705. how much does your capella weigh?

Hi, I have a capella and 2 maclaren(volo & quest). Capella good for newborn but as my son got heavier, find it hard to manoeuvre. Full canopy. Think comparable to combi. For maclaren, it's very light and opening and closing it's a breeze. Very compact when closed. Good for outing. Very easy to manoeuvre. Love it but for 6mths onwards.

Hi anyone knows if baby expo this weekend has gd deals for diapers eg mamy poko or huggies? I'm in my confinement mth now, wondering if worthwhile for hb to go n c if any gd deals to buy..

Hi, im looking at signing up an abacus course for my daughter who is 4yrs old. Do u know of any abacus schools tat will b gg to the fair?

There are 3 upcoming baby fairs: 2 baby fairs at Expo on February and the Taka Baby Fair on March. Which one has the best deals?
happy.gif

is motherhood fair good? cos i'm still in my first tri..scared getting electronic stuffs like breast pump/ sterilizer/etc, the warranty starts on the day you purchase

Back