Aug 2017 Mummies

Hi all, glad to find this group here.

I'm expecting my no. 2 and currently 6 weeks. will be going for my first gynae appointment tomorrow at Fong Clinic for Women at Gleneagles. My first child is turning 4 years old this year.

Appreciate if I can be added to the FB group. my email address is [email protected].

Thank you and may all have a lovely weekend!

Hi mummies! Im a FTM. EDD on 13th aug. Having the worse MS till i had to quit my job recently. Really hoping for the best for my 2nd trimester as i don't know how long i can take with the MS 24/7 and fatigueness.

Im currently at 8wks and have no idea which gynae to take in KKH for my first check up. Any gd ones to recommend?

Pls invite me to the group too! [email protected]

Last edited:
Hi mummies! Im a FTM. EDD on 13th aug. Having the worse MS till i had to quit my job recently. Really hoping for the best for my 2nd trimester as i don't know how long i can take with the MS 24/7 and fatigueness.

Im currently at 8wks and have no idea which gynae to take in KKH for my first check up. Any gd ones to recommend?

Pls invite me to the group too! [email protected]

Congrats on your pregnancy! My prev Gynae at Kkh was prof tan thiam chye. Other popular ones include prof John Tee. If your MS is very bad u can ask Gynae for medications to stop the vomitting. If you can't keep any food or water down do be careful n go to the hospital if you feel v dehydrated. Take care!

Congrats on your pregnancy! My prev Gynae at Kkh was prof tan thiam chye. Other popular ones include prof John Tee. If your MS is very bad u can ask Gynae for medications to stop the vomitting. If you can't keep any food or water down do be careful n go to the hospital if you feel v dehydrated. Take care!

I heard prof john tee isnt delivering anymore. But i'll check prof tan out! Thanks!

Yeah i need a stronger med cos i already have one but isnt working much on me for the anti- nausea. Ive already lost like 2kg plus during this week when i am suppose to be gaining weight haha.

Hi mummies, I'm new to this. 9 weeks preggy and 1st only child. Very nervous. Mind adding me to the group so that I can learn from you all please? My email address is [email protected]. Thanks!

hi, my fren recommended me dr wendy teo (wendy women's clinic). i will be seeing her next week. many good reviews about her. she deliver at Mt A and Mt E novena. hope this helps.
I'm seeing Dr Wendy too! She had helped to remove my cysts in the past. Very comforting doctor as I was bleeding for awhile during my first 7 weeks. Now I'm on the 9th week.

I heard prof john tee isnt delivering anymore. But i'll check prof tan out! Thanks!

Yeah i need a stronger med cos i already have one but isnt working much on me for the anti- nausea. Ive already lost like 2kg plus during this week when i am suppose to be gaining weight haha.

Ah didn't know that! But ya prof tan is very good too. He is very caring and patient. During my first preg my MS was also very horrible n he would check on me to make sure the meds are ok etc.

What meds are you currently taking? I know the most effective one is ondansetron. If not promethazine or metoclopramide is quite commonly prescribed too. Hang in there! It's actually v common to lose weight during first tri.

Ah didn't know that! But ya prof tan is very good too. He is very caring and patient. During my first preg my MS was also very horrible n he would check on me to make sure the meds are ok etc.

What meds are you currently taking? I know the most effective one is ondansetron. If not promethazine or metoclopramide is quite commonly prescribed too. Hang in there! It's actually v common to lose weight during first tri.

Ok thats good. I need a gynae who is compassionate at this point of time. Quite an emotional ride i have been going through and i wouldnt want a gynae to just brush off my MS like its nothing. Is ondansetron safe? I thought its used mostly for cancer patients. I shall ask for the gynae promethazine or metoclopramide. Thank you!! I need all the encouragement i can get to go through this!:)

Hi Aug mummies, I'm new here, my first pregnancy :) My edd is 18 Aug, just had my second scan yesterday. So happy to see that fluttering heartbeat! Mine is a ivf pregnancy, so my doc started the ultrasound early.

Ok thats good. I need a gynae who is compassionate at this point of time. Quite an emotional ride i have been going through and i wouldnt want a gynae to just brush off my MS like its nothing. Is ondansetron safe? I thought its used mostly for cancer patients. I shall ask for the gynae promethazine or metoclopramide. Thank you!! I need all the encouragement i can get to go through this!:)

Yup prof tan is very nice and assuring I think you will like him. Yes ondansetron is under FDA cat B. I have a few friends who had hyperemesis gravidum (extreme morning sickness) and were on ondansetron cos that's the only drug that worked for them n they were on it through their whole pregnancies. Babies were born healthy. But if u respond well to promethazine or metoclopramide can try those first just that they will cause drowsiness. I feel that MS can also be caused by too much stomach acid (in my case at least), so I take rantidine n gaviscon n it helps. Prof tan should b able to give u more advice. Hang in there!

Hi Mommies!! I am new here too with my second pregnancy. Edd is Aug 3. Would love to share and bond with Aug mommies

Last month has been terrible with severe vomiting and losing 5kg weight but with Diclectin I am a bit better now.

Hi Mommies!! I am new here too with my second pregnancy. Edd is Aug 3. Would love to share and bond with Aug mommies

Last month has been terrible with severe vomiting and losing 5kg weight but with Diclectin I am a bit better now.
Hi ming! I started my ms at week 4 until now. I couldn't hold anymore so I'm replying on anti nausea med.. I managed to put back my 2kg pretty fast!

Thats grt Mikka. I am sure I will gain weight back. Me too had to rely on med.. i am in week 11 now but without medicine MS kicks in ..
hoping it to subside by this month on finishing the 1st trimester

Hang in there... am quite surprised that doc brush away bad ms. My doc will give option if I want medication or not. But since I'm used to puking and not very pro medication type. So I have not taken any. Daily routine includes multiple time to throw up and no appetite for food and will lose weight. It's common to lose weight and feel tired. I sleep a lot. Thanks to supportive hubby, he looks after the other two active kids and I get to zzz. As long as no cramps or spotting then we be generally fine.
Typically 2nd trimester b the best time. Want to do any baby shopping, do it during 2nd. By the time 3rd trimester, heart burn, big tummy, pelvic pain... more things will make us again into uncomfortable zone.

Hello! First time mum here. I'm about 8 weeks now, EDD around 19 Aug. I'm feeling nauseous everyday omg. Morning sickness is really a misleading term because it gets worse in the evenings! The good thing is that I don't vomit, just feel like puking all the time. But that's not the worse, I get so bloated all the time! I'm only 2 months now but yet my tummy looks like I'm 4 - 5 months and it's so uncomfortable all the time. Plus I look like a whale. Doc asked me to take small meals and gave me some meds to take but I'm trying as much as possible not to take them. Is anyone having the same problem as me??

Can add me to the fb group too? My email is [email protected]. Thanks!

Hello...
everyone. I'm first time mummy here. Check an apps should be 7 weeks. Have not found gynae. any good recommendations on nearer place at clementi or jurong area. So lost n mix feeling.

I think she's good and pricey too yaa?
She's good. I had visited another OB which was much nearer to my place before her. I sorta cried after visiting that OB as I was bleeding, worrying about miscarriage and the 1st OB was unable to detect my baby's heartbeats then. She kinda mentioned along the line that I need to consider abortion. Maybe she didn't mean it however it made me sad, hormones overkill at that time and was too sensitive.

Hello every new mummies...
I'm new here. My name call Esther.
Aft check with one of the gynae should 6 weeks Le. But still looking out where should I go for regular check up and good doc for delivery. Was looking for hospital at nuh. Think private v expensive. My edd is 29 aug.
Any help or informations on any good gynae doc near west area. I'm staying at clementi.

Hi everyone! i am a 1st time mum and am 9wks pregnant. Just went to NUH for 1st checkup this week.

I will be seeing Dr Su Lin Lin at NUH. She is highly recommended by my friend.

@sacchar1n3, I have PMed you my contact to join FB and whatapps gp.

Hello everyone!

This is my first pregnancy and I would appreciate your kind guidance and advice for our impending motherhood!

Tested for pregnancy on the following dates:

19 Dec 2016 @ Raffles Medical - Negative
(There was a faint double line but Doctor tested as negative due to my irregular periods.)
22 Dec 2016 @ Home using Clearblue - Positive
26 Dec 2016 @ Home using Clearblue - Positive

According to the EDD calculator online, my EDD would be on 25 Aug 2017, estimated to be about 6 weeks old now!

Upcoming Gynae appointments:

30 Dec 2016 with Dr Lee Keen Whye of Gleneagle Hospital
14 Jan 2017 with Dr Benjamin Tham of TMC

My first gynae preference was actually Dr Benjamin Tham but due to his busy schedule, I am only able to schedule an appointment with him on mid January (I'm about 8 weeks by then). Therefore, to have a peace of mind on my baby's health status, I've decided to consult Dr Lee Keen Whye first as he was one of the few gynaes available this week. I was also considering Dr Adrian Tan of TMC but his earliest appointment was on 10 Jan 2017. As there seem to be more better reviews for Dr Tham as compared to Dr Tan, I've decided to choose Dr Tham instead. Would be sharing with ya all my reviews and antenatal packages cost for these two doctors when I'm done. :D

Anyone using the same gynaes here? Could you please share your reviews too? Thanks!

I am seeing dr Lee keen Whye. He is caring and fatherly. Charges wise subsequent consultation is $80. Package starts at week 16 @$900. Normal delivery is $2500.

How do u find him ?

Hi everyone!

First time as well If theres any whatsapp or Fb grp,do add me as well ❤ wld really appreciate it ❤

Im at 9wk. Also just discovered cos AF is irregular so never knew its Bump!

Thank you!

Ri

Back