Aug 2017 Mummies

Hello all, tested postive last night and confirmed with company doctor this morning. Am 3 week plus preg. Waiting for my KKH appt in 3weeks time! Anyone have good gynae to recommend for KKH?

Hi I jus did my check, I'm 5 weeks estimated is Aug but don't know the date yet. This is my first too. is there any group chat? I just moved back sg, is good to know more mummies friends.

I stayed at Katong but it seems quite hard to find gynae who deliver at parkway East except Dr Natalie, Dr heng and Dr lubna, Dr tiwari only comes every Thurs which worries me

Hello all, tested postive last night and confirmed with company doctor this morning. Am 3 week plus preg. Waiting for my KKH appt in 3weeks time! Anyone have good gynae to recommend for KKH?

Hi ling, which gynae are u seeing at KKH?
I'm looking for a female gynae at KKH as Dr Suzanna's earliest appt is May 2017! Too long to wait, so looking for other female gynae. Anyone can recommend?
Thanks!

I was given a list of options by my original gynae who is retiring from delivery. So I just chose Dr Lubna cos she is female and her clinic is in a convenient location.

I find her very patient and gentle. Her stitching skills are good! She removed my first C-sec scar when I had my 2nd baby and I was surprised to see my 2nd scar disappear after a year. Even the person doing my detailed scan was asking where's my scar cos she can't see it haha

Actually I was not very comfortable with Roland - I saw him one time when Dr Lubna was on holiday.

There is such a thing as chemistry between patient and doctor . What suits one may not suit another

Hi hi, how's Dr lubna charges and how is she? Patient and gentle? Do you know how's her stitching?

Actually it's my first pregnancy I kind blur and not sure what's coming to me

As for charges - I can't remember first visit charges. Repeat consult $80 and scan is $80. I didn't take package. Package available from 20 weeks I think - $1000

Hi delightfulbags! her standby gynae is Dr Natalie Chua so I wonder if I should go to Dr Natalie Chua since Dr lubna is away until quite long

At the moment you can buy folic acid from pharmacy and take 1 daily.
I'm 5 weeks, I called and asked and if I want earliest is on 10th. Actually currently I'm seeing Dr Christopher ng but he's at Camden abit far and inconvenient for me given I'm staying at Katong, and he preferred to deliver at Glenneagles or Mt E novena, which I feel it's kinda expensive.

Anyone got experience with raffles hospital? I heard is good and cheaper than novena?

Hi all! I'm an August mummy too - hopefully! Found out I got pregnant on my honeymoon. My LMP was 4 November, so that makes me 7 weeks pregnant today. My EDD (based on the various online calculator I used) showed to be 11 August. Scanned myself (did it at work as I have access to an ultrasound machine) and I saw the heartbeat! Took me a while to find my baby (who was hiding at one corner!). My first appt is with Dr Heng Tung Lan at Parkway East Hospital on the 28th Dec (when I am 7 weeks 4 days pregnant). Hoping for good news of the baby - that its growing well, etc.

Last edited:
Hi all! I'm an August mummy too - hopefully! Found out I got pregnant on my honeymoon. My LMP was 4 November, so that makes me 7 weeks pregnant today. My EDD (based on the various online calculator I used) showed to be 11 August. Scanned myself (did it at work as I have access to an ultrasound machine) and I saw the heartbeat! Took me a while to find my baby (who was hiding at one corner!). My first appt is with Dr Heng Tung Lan at Parkway East Hospital on the 28th Dec (when I am 7 weeks 4 days pregnant). Hoping for good news of the baby - that its growing well, etc.

So envious, I wish I have access to US machine at work :p

I'm 5 weeks, I called and asked and if I want earliest is on 10th. Actually currently I'm seeing Dr Christopher ng but he's at Camden abit far and inconvenient for me given I'm staying at Katong, and he preferred to deliver at Glenneagles or Mt E novena, which I feel it's kinda expensive.

Anyone got experience with raffles hospital? I heard is good and cheaper than novena?

5 weeks still early. Don't need to fix your gynae yet?

I think Raffles hospital is also far for you isn't it?

Parkway east has one of the cheapest maternity packages for private hospital. You can check out the rates on the hospital websites . Hospital website also should have the list of gynae operating at their venue

Hi mummies.. Can invite me to the group? My edd changed from early Aug to end July so thought of joining Aug group as well..
[email protected]

BTW this is my 3rd pregnancy and seeing Dr Woodworth. He gave me 3 weeks hl for my bad MS...

Thanks.
Hi I'm 6 weeks 4 days also having bad ms and this is my first same time also just discharge from kkh for dehydration, wondering how's is this Dr Woodworth package like? And wat kind of medication did he gave to ease the ms? As kkh gave me some anti vomiting medication I feel so tired n goggy feel so useless time to time. Need some help here with the ms. At the same time Jia u all mums

Hi Mummies, I'm a July 2017 mum to be. I'm blessing away 1 box of duphaston. It's brand new unopened.
Let me know if you would wish to have it? Self collection at my place at Bedok.

Hi Franch, any package provided by both mentioned gynae? thank you for your recommendation!

Dr goh's package as follows:
Week 14 to delivery - $1400
Natural birth delivery fee - $2500

Dr Chua's package (based on 2015 rates):
Week 16 to delivery - $2000
Natural birth delivery fee - $3950

Hi all,

Nice to meet all of you! Just tested positive today. :) Been nauseous and dizzy for the past few days. And I feel super bloated.

My #1 is a 14 months old girl now. Been super sticky to me the last few days so I sort of suspected maybe am pregnant. Haha! For my #1, I had morning sickness throughout till the day I delivered. I hope this time won't be as long though. :(
dear all! first time preggo and I'm 6weeks pregnant, EDD is ard 16 aug 2017. just went for my first consultation with Dr Heng Tung Lan today! thought of changing gynae as Dr heng is good but she only deliver at parkway and I really prefer MT A hosp.
can anyone recommend gynae that deliver at MT A. Thanks!
hey babe , can I know Dr Heng u mention where is she located n how her packages like?

hey babe , can I know Dr Heng u mention where is she located n how her packages like?

hi, Dr Heng's clinic is located at 34 cassia crescent, very near old airport hawker and another one is located at parkway east medical centre.
she didn't offer me package as i only seen her once. also think that is too early for her to quote. but her clinic is always crowded with patients. do fix appt before your visit.

Hello all! I just tested positive too and am a first time mummy-to-be! I would like to be added to the WA and FB group too :)

Hp: 92777971
Email: [email protected]

Am doing some research for good, pro- natural and nurturing gynaes. Hoping to deliver at either Mount A or Mount E Novena but am open to explore others if my preferred gynae delivers at other hospitals. Would love to hear from you mummies if you have any recommendations :)

Hello all! I just tested positive too and am a first time mummy-to-be! I would like to be added to the WA and FB group too :)

Hp: 92777971
Email: [email protected]

Am doing some research for good, pro- natural and nurturing gynaes. Hoping to deliver at either Mount A or Mount E Novena but am open to explore others if my preferred gynae delivers at other hospitals. Would love to hear from you mummies if you have any recommendations :)

hi, my fren recommended me dr wendy teo (wendy women's clinic). i will be seeing her next week. many good reviews about her. she deliver at Mt A and Mt E novena. hope this helps.

hi, Dr Heng's clinic is located at 34 cassia crescent, very near old airport hawker and another one is located at parkway east medical centre.
she didn't offer me package as i only seen her once. also think that is too early for her to quote. but her clinic is always crowded with patients. do fix appt before your visit.
Thank u very much for the info. Need to consult Wan soon as morning sickness all day it's getting worst.

The gynae can't do much about the morning sickness besides giving u anti-nausea medicine. U take some snacks the whole day will relieve the MS. Hunger makes it worse. Don't eat sour and spicy stuff if possible

Esther, i will go for panorama since not young and more accurate.

What is the different between oscar and panorama? Actually we didn't do any for our 1st two kids but this time round was a bit of unexpected pregnancy plus of age already. So guess will plan to take it. Is there a timing window to do it?

What is the different between oscar and panorama? Actually we didn't do any for our 1st two kids but this time round was a bit of unexpected pregnancy plus of age already. So guess will plan to take it. Is there a timing window to do it?
Panoroma is up to 99% accurate and can tell u gender of baby at ard wk11. For oscar, ive heard many stories of uncertainty and end up hav to do panoroma again.

Hi all! First post here haha. It's my first time and I found out last Wednesday via pregnancy kit, took a blood test at GP on Friday and confirmed on Saturday! I'm 5w3d now which puts my edd at 27 August and hubby and I are totally clueless about the next step. Probably should be reading more on this forum before I start asking questions but I'm too excited!

How did you guys choose a gyne? We were thinking just book an appointment at KKH first and see how? Or are we supposed to choose a hospital and stick with it throughout? Also at what point should we actually see the gyne, is 5w3d too soon to see anything in my womb? Don't want to waste a trip if we would have better luck like in week 7 or 8. Was hoping to get an ultrasound before telling our parents, not sure if that will take long?

Sorry for the barrage of questions but TIA!

Edit - DH just called KKH for me and the staff said should wait till week 8 if want to see heartbeat. Seems long. :( Was hoping for week 6.

Also think will go polyclinic to get a referral to KKH since am of the opinion that first trimester still early and don't need a fixed gyne? Anyone disagree? Do share any advice thanks.

Last edited:
Hi all! First post here haha. It's my first time and I found out last Wednesday via pregnancy kit, took a blood test at GP on Friday and confirmed on Saturday! I'm 5w3d now which puts my edd at 27 August and hubby and I are totally clueless about the next step. Probably should be reading more on this forum before I start asking questions but I'm too excited!

How did you guys choose a gyne? We were thinking just book an appointment at KKH first and see how? Or are we supposed to choose a hospital and stick with it throughout? Also at what point should we actually see the gyne, is 5w3d too soon to see anything in my womb? Don't want to waste a trip if we would have better luck like in week 7 or 8. Was hoping to get an ultrasound before telling our parents, not sure if that will take long?

Edit - DH just called KKH for me and the staff said should wait till week 8 if want to see heartbeat. Seems long. :( Was hoping for week 6.

Also think will go polyclinic to get a referral to KKH since am of the opinion that first trimester still early and don't need a fixed gyne? Anyone disagree? Do share any advice thanks.

Hi, it's my first time as well and I am as excited as you. Haaha. Maybe you would like to do some research/google for a better gynae near you place, it'll be more convenient for your visits!

Hmm, I called a few clinics, they suggested that it's better to have the first ultrasound at 8 weeks too. But I have some spotting and hence went to the clinic earlier. I guess it'll be better to go to a women's clinic for a scan at 6weeks plus (I just went for mine), should be able to see the heartbeat in most cases. Where do you stay? You can search for a good one online which is near your place and do your first scan and if you're comfortable, can just go ahead and sign the package with them.. just my opinion though;)

Hi, congrats!! Yes, unless u have some extraordinary pregnancy symptoms, the first visit shd be scheduled in week 7-8. However, doesn't mean u call n u'll get an appt timing immediately so u can start calling to make appt soon if u have some shortlisted gynaes. I'm not sure if referral through KKH would take a while so I can't give an opinion on that.

If u don't have a regular gynae, then u need to consider which hospital u'd preferably want to deliver in, whether U prefer male or female gynae and especially your budget. Some gynaes have packages that start from week 12-16, some don't have packages at all so u need to pay per visit. The forum has a few threads on gynae packages and recommendations. So maybe u could read up and decide from there.

Hi, it's my first time as well and I am as excited as you. Haaha. Maybe you would like to do some research/google for a better gynae near you place, it'll be more convenient for your visits!

Hmm, I called a few clinics, they suggested that it's better to have the first ultrasound at 8 weeks too. But I have some spotting and hence went to the clinic earlier. I guess it'll be better to go to a women's clinic for a scan at 6weeks plus (I just went for mine), should be able to see the heartbeat in most cases. Where do you stay? You can search for a good one online which is near your place and do your first scan and if you're comfortable, can just go ahead and sign the package with them.. just my opinion though;)

Haha funny enough, just a week before I found out, I was just at SGH for a gyne appointment (don't have a regular gyne I use) and they did a trans v scan which came back normal. If my appointment was 1 week later, I wonder if they might have noticed the egg. :p

I'm staying near Tampines right now, and I just really, really want to be able to see my lil buddy at the first appointment though. Don't want to go to a gyne just to chit chat when nothing can be seen, would be disappointed. Any ladies with good recommendation for gyne in east side please share, thanks!

And congrats on your pregnancy too, Evelyn! :D

Hi, congrats!! Yes, unless u have some extraordinary pregnancy symptoms, the first visit shd be scheduled in week 7-8. However, doesn't mean u call n u'll get an appt timing immediately so u can start calling to make appt soon if u have some shortlisted gynaes. I'm not sure if referral through KKH would take a while so I can't give an opinion on that.

If u don't have a regular gynae, then u need to consider which hospital u'd preferably want to deliver in, whether U prefer male or female gynae and especially your budget. Some gynaes have packages that start from week 12-16, some don't have packages at all so u need to pay per visit. The forum has a few threads on gynae packages and recommendations. So maybe u could read up and decide from there.

Thank you! I am actually considering myself very lucky (or not, depending on how you look at it) that I have no obvious symptoms right now. I have a lack of appetite but also lack of any food cravings or aversions. I feel cold easily, have sore boobs (felt worse when I just found out, now it's bearable), very slight mood swings (I teared up yesterday from frustration because I was so hungry but just didn't feel like eating :rolleyes:), slight tiredness, and slight breathlessness when I do short quick walks.

Other then that, I have no morning sickness and I'm very amazed that I actually don't want anything sweet. I haven't taken soft drinks or chocolate since last week and find that I prefer plain water. Hope I can keep it up haha.

I was planning on getting the referral at a polyclinic this Friday and then seeing what next. In the meantime I have been surfing reviews and seeing which doctors seem popular. Have you guys confirmed your gyne yet? I never realised that we can actually go direct to gynes at clinics lol. I don't know why I always thought that gynes were all at hospitals! :p

There are too many hospitals though, and my friends have stayed at one or the other at some point, none of them ever said whether they liked or didn't like the hospital so I'm quite lost. :oops:

Is there still a WA group ongoing? Would love to join it!

Back