Anyone who did not sign up for Antenatal package during pregnancy?

xiannaix

Hi Mommies,

Is there anyone who did not sign up for any antenatal package for your pregnancy?

Not intending to do any scan (ultrasound, detailed and OSCAR), hence thinking does it make sense to sign up for antenatal package?

Hi xiannaix,

Why you does not want to do any scanning? Though I can’t remember if I have sign up the package but I did go for whatever scan/tests that advice by my gynae.

If financial allows, it is better to have a check-up with gynae monthly to ensure foetus is growing healthy
happy.gif

Hi June,

I personally see no point to go for test which suggest any probability of negativity.

My sis had to worry unduly for months cos her son's head was quite big, gynae suspect Down syndrome.

Also wish to find out the gender only upon birth.

That's why intend to skip all scans, which take place as norm more than requirement.

Will like to have regular checkup with gynae to ensure baby is healthy but only if the gynae is not pushy about performing the scans.

i think it'll be good if you allow doc to do untrasound scan so as to ensure that bb is healthy and growing well. Else there is no other way for gynae to tell if bb is healthy, gaining enough weight, etc if you rule out ultrasound totally. Even KKH do scanning, just tt it's not every appt.

Detailed scan and OSCAR can skip if you really don't wanna do them.

I am wearing good compression socks and got to know that this compression socks suitable for newborn mummies duringconfinement and years after that. It is very lasting woven material, good for blood circulation, nice pair of leg, skin and leg problem, feet swelling, water retention, gout, arthritis,etc.

Available from 4years old up to elderly (unisex).

Please sms or call me at 97710200 if you keen.

xiannaix, i think wk 6 or 7 when the gynae should be able to detect bb's heartbeat. On your first appt you can discuss with your gynae on what you want - eg: no extra tests, doesn't want to know gender, etc etc, and see if both you and him are comfortable with this arrangement. Regarding package, it differs between gynae. Some include vitamins, some include detailed scan. Better to ask the clinic for more details. Mine only includes consultation + ultrascan, which is the most basic.

Hi Xiannaix,

If gynae suspect Down syndrome, then he or she will adivce to do like Oscar scan. My gynae did not ask me to do alot test except blood test & detail scan (i wanted it).

Like Vicvic & I have mentioned, the need to see gynae is to ensure your baby is growing healthy
happy.gif
I was instructed not to walk much as got bleeding during the 1st trimester. Have to inject needles too.......
sad.gif

Back