Anyone tried Rainbow Vacuum Cleaner?

looking for second hand rainbow vacuum(latest version)!!anybody selling can email me [email protected]?thanks
happy.gif

Hi,

Just bought a Delphin Silver series on Saturday. I find that it is great because it really suck all the dust from the bed but my hubby is not happy about my purchase because he said is too expensive. I bought it at S$2.9K on 17 Sept 2011, used once and willing to let for less.
Interest buyer pls email me at [email protected] for more information.

Hi,

I am selling away my Delphine Air and Room Cleaning System (Gold Series).
10 years warranty.

I Bought it 7months ago at S$3424.00, still in tip-top condition. Please see attached.

Reason for selling:

My maid is very lazy to use the vacuum! Explained to her the benefit for using the Vacuum but she just says ok. No matter how i ask to use but she just refused to use. The worst thing is, she didn't use but told me she used!

How i know?

I checked on my home camera every day. Fed up with her and would like to let go the vacuum, rather than seeing my S$3424.00 sitting there.

How to use Delphin

1. Vacuum the floor daily
2. Vacuum the mattress to remove dustmite (twice a week)
3. Clean the curtain
4. Clean the wall and ceiling
5. Use as a air purifier - add a few drops of essential oil is needed (i personally love this function as my kid has asthma)
6. Easy to use (it comes with demo CD)
I would like to let go at S$2800.00, please contact me at 9220 0137 if you're keen.

Thanks!
Gena Toh

6063411.jpg

I had a bad experience with the rainbow salesperson too. After demo, he assumed that I will buy it and sat down at my dining table and tried to explain the different payment methods, by installment, etc. And bcos my friend referred me, I am 'entitled' to a $500 voucher. But I can only use the voucher if I buy on the very day, which will bring the price down to $3.7k. He said original price $4.2k, which I thk he jacked up the price. I was not comfortable with his pushy sales tactics and said I needed more time to consider. He was taken aback that I was not going to buy it, and began asking me why am I hesitating, is it cos I cannot afford it or what. He tried to explain the instalment plan again. I was so pissed off. That made me even more determined not to buy from him. He then said he can throw in some cookware as free gifts. Whatever! My mind was already made up! He continued talking and used my kids' health to coerce me into buying. He really did not want to leave my hse and I had almost wanted to call in the police. After that, still forced me and hubby to refer 10 of our contacts to him.I really hate these pushy dales people.

Anyone could advise Rainbow or Delphin is good?
Both are the same, sucks dust mites and purify the air.

Same as lemontree, i had a bad experience with the Rainbow salesperson too. She kept pestering us to buy which our contact was referred by our friends. After saying the instalment plan and getting the 20 contacts, she need us to inform her company driver that she had completed her "mission" and going to leave my house now. Its kinda of wierd... We're not ready to buy such exp cleaners though its seems very gd in sucking the dust/ dust mites and adding in the oils to produce fragrance to cover the odor in the other way.

Now as our house is infested with bedbugs, i thought of getting a powerful vacumn which can help to solve the BB problems.
Could anyone advise which machines are the best? Rainbow/ Delphin/ Osim?

Thanks for advising!!!

Delphin and rainbow vacuum cleaners are definitely overpriced. The reason being, u pay for the hefty commissions of the salespeople. Well I know because I bought as conned into buying a delphin vc and managed to get every cent back from the company. I guess I'm one of the lucky ones.

Since then, I have realized that their vacuum cleaners are not that fantastic as they made out to be during the demo.

To cut the long story short, if you want to get rid of bedbugs I would be most pleased to share with you that you can use "raycop", they work well on mattresses and most of all cost a fraction of the price. They cost less than $500 and you can find them at selected best denki outlets. I know the one at bishan sells them.

So who needs delphin or rainbow vacuum cleaners?

I also got a sales person came to do demo so wonderful. Nearly bought it but HB stopped me cos so EX!

Linney,
Thanks for the info i will go and lookout for the new brand.

Well, to invest in such machine would depend what you really want it to do for you.

Like some insurance products, these salesmen or women depend on number of units sold to get their commission.

I am a rainbow user of 8 years. Paid 3400 then but in installments. Honestly, like all of you who felt it is expensive; it is an investment for a product that does the necessary to keep the house clean.

Delphi is but the earlier rainbow version and parts are assembled in China from what I heard. For the labour assembly of a product, think Delphi definitely more over-priced than Rainbow (since its parts are from states).

Given that I used other vacuum cleaners prior to this Rainbow, this product seriously does its jobs. I have animals at home which has to dust bath and Rainbow is but able to pick these residue after their bath like wonder.

Most importantly consider what you want to use it for. So long, ensure after using do necessary cleaning, this product last longer than the normal vacuum cleaner, which others can't clean air, doesn't vacuum that clean.

I am no sales from Rainbow. Just love the aftereffect this product does and thus want to share to let you think through where I am a believer in the product. :>

Hi all! I'm also interested to invest in a Multi purpose vc. I saw the Delphin demo and am very impressed but my sil still believe rainbow is better because she has 1.

WEIGHT
my sil rainbow bought 5 years back is very heavy and bulky. DelPhin's much lighter.

CONVENIENCE
Delphin can keep all their parts by the sides of the machine which makes it more convenient. Can Rainbow one soothe same?

HEPA FILTER
read from the Internet that this is to prevent dust from blasting out from the vc and RAINBOW has this filter. Delphin doesn't.

Any long term Rainbow owners to share if they find their vc bulky or too heavy or filter needs frequent changing?

Hi Winny..contact us for a free Rainbow demo.Better to see it than to hear it.Rainbow had launched its latest model 6 mths back..lighter,smaller,more "convenient".1st time free trial will be absolutely FOC.

Katherine 98786869

Hi Katherine,
Do I have to buy anything? I m not going to decide on the buying on the first demo.

I und from my fren that if she refers me to her sales she would get a voucher something like that. Is it true?

Would Rainbow be participating in the coming Baby Fair?

Sorry Just want to post a correction, the VC i'm selling is a Rainbow one not Delphin. Thanks! Was bought in July2011.

hi, tot i'll share my experience. my delphine vacumm cleaner broke down jus less than 2 years and i rarely use it! the metal broke i really can't believe how lousy the quality is for such an expensive product. i just called the customer service (and i realise no one quite mentioned about after sales service online) and they just pushed me away. asking me to contact the sales person which i can't reach (is a china woman - most of them are - she didn't pick up my call). i then contact the technician and again, no one pick up call. so i called the so called customer service line as posted in their website but the man after realising he can't pushed me away (since i've already called both sales woman and technician before calling the line) just say you need to bring down your machine 'for us to take a look'. goodness! for such an expensive machine there is no after sales home service. now i dunno what to do i've to bring down the machine all the way down to bukit batok crescent and they r only open half a day on sats? i'm extremely disappointed on the lousy quality. think twice about investing in this.

oh, to add on... i really think all these sales pple prey on parent's emo for babies' health. it's such a scam, no doubt dust mites really exists. but i dont like the way they use bb's health as a 'carrot' to make us fall for it. and all those 'free pots' and free demo? all but part of the scam - which concerned parents easily fall into sigh.pushy sales is such a put off.yet we, or at least i, fall for it bcos of the supposedly better air/ cleaner sheets for babies
sad.gif
felt so stupid. could have bot osim or what with a better, more reputable service because of it's brand? anyway.. also to share, if the delphine person wants to 'give' ecovita and/or babybaby voucher, and you really wish to get one delphin, i would strongly suggest you ask for a discount off the vacumm cleaner price instead. the ecovita is impractical cos it's heavy, it's now another white elephant eating up space in my storeroom. as for the 200$ babybaby voucher - it can only be used to purchase their 'house products' which is VERY expensive (meaning nothing much from the $200). v impractical.

I bought my Delphin around 5yrs ago and it's serving me well to this date. No repair, no filter change or specific solution to use. I just add few drips of Dettol. Reason why I bought Delphin-GERMAN motor. At least this was what that agent told me then. I only trust German motor, the likes of BMW and Merc.

Now, I'm not sure if it's still made in Germany. China is a cheaper manufacturer. I'm not surprised if both Rainbow and Delphin are made in China now. If Delphin's motor is still from Germany, it's worth a try. On 2nd thought, where is Rainbow made in? Can't seem to find any details from its website except its a USA company. No mention of where the product is from.

Please don't flame me. I'm a satisfied end user of Delphin and I hope to share my experience to give others a fairer comparison.

hi mummies,

i personally think whichever brand of vacuum cleaners we bought, we shd put it to good use. especially if we paid thousands of dollars for it. money very hard earned... i am using rainbow. so far so good, maid uses it for general housecleaning, we also use it as air freshener on days we have flu or we sense pollution in the air.

seriously it is not easy to say which machine is the best, but it may be fairer to say which machine best suits our needs/lifestyle

I have a the Delphin Vacuum Cleaner - silver series with several heads set. Initially I got their cleaning package then I decided to get the machine as I have too many stuff to clean. I am looking at selling it away as my girl has outgrown her allergy. I am looking at selling at $1800 mainly to cover the balance instalment. Please PM me.

Do not buy a dolphin vacuum cleaner. the salesperson is very persuasive but the after sales service is really very horrible.

All the stuff that is promised is not being fulfilled and after complaining to the main office, they took a long time to get back and thereafter disappeared after promising to give whatever the salesperson offered.

Months after being promised stuff not delivered by the main office, despite calling a few times and them promising to get the right guy to call back, I am still waiting for a call...

DO NOT BUY A DELPHIN VACUUM CLEANER. Such a service for such an expensive machine is definitely NOT WORTH IT!!!

If you need more evidence of bad service, can refer to this site that I found online. I'm not sure of the validity of the content because I'm not involved but at least I believe them because of my personal encounter.

http://jazzthots.wordpress.com/category/bad-service/

hi everyone.. i had a demo done in my house and the sales person was not pushy at all which was a plus point. he did explain all my question and when i said i need time to consider he was still the same friendly guy with smile when he came into my house. after thinking about it and doing my research over the net i find rainbow and delphin that alot of complaints. so i call him the next day and i buy the product which lower price then some product which is delphin made in china and rainbow. and the best part is the company offer a huge warrenty which is 15 years thats wat made me feel its a good investment.

i think its a good investment. and this guy who did the demo would answer and explain every single question which is wat we parents need to know. worth giving a try as the sales person not pushy at all. very pro. i can,t remember how long but i guess he said he has 12 years exprience in vacuum cleaner which i feel is true. u can call him direct if u parents are interested. 91166813

Hi,

Im selling my Rainbow E2 Series Vacuum for $1200
Full set with Power Nozzle for bed!

2 years old and still in very good working condition..

Interested please contact me at 82004123. Thanks

u people should give a try on roboclean hydrocleaning system . its a different product compare to rainbow and delphin and its cheaper too. i,m a happy user of roboclean. if u need a free demo or infomation u can call my sales guy at 91166813. www.roboclean.sg is the webpage.this product is so gd that there is another company also selling a copy of product which is not warrenty by roboclean

anybody knows if warranty is tied to owner or the machine? If I buy a 2nd hand machine from someone, is the remaining years of warranty still valid?

Hi, just wanna share. After comparison of rainbow and robo clean vacuum cleaner. I bought robo clean as I find is more
Handy, compact and more warranty. As e sales person is not pushy and she is very patient . I can recommend to mummies of interested. Can email me at [email protected]. Thanks

One thing I want to share to my Indian people, people who sell Delphine and Rainbow for $3745/- or 3200/- is not the real price of the product !its mf cost to $500-700/- only but the sell for huge profit where a dealer get commission of $1200/- for one machine and the team manager get $750/ for each sales from his team, rest will be for the distributer. They really suck the money from us as we all come to singapore to earn like them.Really they talk about our kids health and kill us an they take the money... Aware this to all, u shall try join in this companies and just ask about the commission u will know what it's all about.even u do in normal vacuum it's same...

I am a rainbow user for the past 4 years, and use it a few times every week. If u can find a 'normal vacuum' which performs like a rainbow or delphine, pls intro me and many users out there. Unless u have really used it properly, I do not think it is fair to tarnish the brands.

pls don ever buy hyla got a horrible experience from hyla called the boss and she hurled vulgarities at me prc later name stella complain to case but to no avail i was so angry that i brought the machine to her yishun office and brought a delphin from sandy what a pleasant experience i got from delphin

I hv been using my Rainbow for almost 8 years and will be trading in and upgrade to their new model. 8 years of DAILY usage in a household full of kids and 7 parrots. I never regret buying one. After getting Rainbow, it's difficult to go back to normal vacuum cleaner again. I m not a salesperson or link to Rainbow in anyway. Just replying to the question. Cheers

No need to buy the machine if you don't usually require anything more than normal vacuum cleaner.

If you need the machine to clean mattress of dust n dust mites, just engage the services will do.

Or can consider second hand machine. Rainbow is quite durable.

can anyone advise the main difference of rainbow/delphine and regular vacuum?

For Delphine/rainbow vacuum can they remove stains and dirt from mattresses?

I have just bought a brand new Delphin vacuum. Works extremely well on my mattresses, pillows, bolsters, comforters, and blankets! I even use it on my blinds and curtains and carpets. Recently I've been using it as an air purifier from the haze.

Sure, the prices are high, but the product is good! I've experienced both demos from Delphin and Rainbow. But most of my friends recommended me Delphin. I believe if i had gotten rainbow, I would have no regrets as well. My kids have a good night's sleep every night.

If you want to vacuum your beddings, carpet and/or curtains, pm me. I charge a small service and transport fee. You need not spend thousands on the machines. Cheers!

Hi I'm not sure if i should get the rainbow vacuum cleaner . Seen delphin and rainbow demo.
It's not cheap too I have to add. Any feedback or comments on rainbow vacuum cleaner ? As now they have the latest model ... pls share :)

i'm using Delphin, every week we will clean all the bedrooms with it. smooth. i have helped my friends before as well.

I bought my Delphin around 5yrs ago and it's serving me well to this date. No repair, no filter change or specific solution to use. I just add few drips of Dettol. Reason why I bought Delphin-GERMAN motor. At least this was what that agent told me then. I only trust German motor, the likes of BMW and Merc.

Now, I'm not sure if it's still made in Germany. China is a cheaper manufacturer. I'm not surprised if both Rainbow and Delphin are made in China now. If Delphin's motor is still from Germany, it's worth a try. On 2nd thought, where is Rainbow made in? Can't seem to find any details from its website except its a USA company. No mention of where the product is from.

Please don't flame me. I'm a satisfied end user of Delphin and I hope to share my experience to give others a fairer comparison.
RAINBOW is 100% made in US including motor, spares and all. It is built to last. Its design philosopy is simple built to last. Delphin is exact copy of rianbow 1986 Model when patent expired everybody started copy. Rainbow new motor is patented. It has filter and only one in world which is certified air cleaner. No copy of rainbow is match for Rainbow in performance or quality. Many are dubious claims you can call rainbow sales person to test against your machine and just see Rainbow winning every sphere. All copies of rainbow are just look good but not in quality of performance many are made in Turkey, China. Also these copies are ended up in CASE blacklisted companies just https://www.case.org.sg/consumeralertlist.aspx look in "R" you will see complaints. also see delphin warrantee card which contradicts every claim of Salesperson. Also watch youtube for rainbow vs delphin. Delphin has many models which is similar looking and even trained man cannot make out so you never know which model you saw in demo and which one you have brought it my be refurbished demo-set.

One thing I want to share to my Indian people, people who sell Delphine and Rainbow for $3745/- or 3200/- is not the real price of the product !its mf cost to $500-700/- only but the sell for huge profit where a dealer get commission of $1200/- for one machine and the team manager get $750/ for each sales from his team, rest will be for the distributer. They really suck the money from us as we all come to singapore to earn like them.Really they talk about our kids health and kill us an they take the money... Aware this to all, u shall try join in this companies and just ask about the commission u will know what it's all about.even u do in normal vacuum it's same...
Where did you got this shit from? and says all vacuum machines are same means you haven't seen it at all.

Using it but too bulky.

Hi,
Do u mean Rainbow?

Given the fact that it is a multi-function machine and it's various functions being certified for, it's size shouldn't be considered bulky.

In fact, we came across many customers giving feedback that Rainbow is bulky. However, Rainbow actually isn't bulky at all.

Just to share, for example of Rainbow's air-purifying, dustmites removal, mopping & vacumn function:

Imagine buying yourself a good grade certified air purifier + dustmites removal equipment + mop & pail + vacumn cleaner. How much "bulkier" that should be and taking up space in your household?

Therefore, Rainbow is considered so much much much compact already given the fact that it can operate minimum 8 important functions for the entire household in 1 machine.

Thanks for choosing Rainbow.

Last edited:
Hello, guys. Sorry to say that I have no experience about the rainbow vacuum cleaner. The cleaner that I'm using is bestek cordless handheld vacuum cleaner. The reason that I like to use this tool is it small for me to clean all corners at home or in car. In three months ago, my aunt recommends this tool to me. Maybe you can catch more information about it on bestekmall. Hope this point is useful to you. Best regards.

I used a rainbow once and returned it because it just wasn't for m. I later and ended up getting a HYLA and it's so much better. My son has allergies and something I did to help was change my vacuum cleaner to one that would help catch more dust and dirt. Our HYLA has helped so much especially the air purifier feature which I use every other day to keep the air nice and clean for my son.

Back