Anyone doing IVF in 2020?

My Beta is tomorrow, can't help feeling anxious. Guess i'll have to wait it out tomorrow.
Anybody can share how many times went through ivf to have success for late 30's to early 40 age?

All the best for your BT later. But mentally be prepared if the result is otherwise. For me, I tried for almost 10 years with 7 IUI/SO-IUIs, 2 fresh cycles, 1 natural FET, before succeeding on frozen FET at almost 36yo. But it varies from person to person as I had underlying autoimmune issues. But I feel that the key to IVF success is your mental strength, i.e. perseverance and staying positive, which ironically, is the hardest hurdle and nothing compared to the jabs that we have to go through. Other than that, it’s up to the one up there if we will be blessed with a child which is beyond our control.

In any case, there are many other ladies whom actually succeed naturally after going through failed IVF. So don’t stress yourself too much. As long as you have tried your best for each cycle and exhaust most treatments methods, you should give yourself a pat on the back. Jia you!

Dear Ladies, I have 2 DHEA bought from iHerb early this year, unopened & still sealed. As I’ve conceived naturally after 2 months of the DHEA taking, here the extra to let go.

Please pm me if you interested:

1 for $8,
2 for $15 (left over 1 clearblue unopened if you want)

DHEA Expiry 9/2021

Lots of baby dust to you all!
IMG_3872.JPG

Anyone took progesterone jab during the 2 weeks wait.. The dr said i need to hit the progesterone level 100 so i need to go back and the the jab... Just wondering.. Isit a hint of not sucessful... Sigh

I'm on my 2nd ivf fresh cycle, with Dr Jerry at Kkh. Not sure if I'm the only one facing such issues, but everything goes well for the first 15 days during 2ww. But on Day 16, that's when I started to have spotting that eventually leads to light bleeding. During the first cycle, blood test results came out negative. Going for the blood test tomorrow - still trying to stay positive but every trip to the toilet makes me less optimistic..

Been reading up a lot on implantation bleeding, but those seem to happen earlier in the 2ww. But mine is at the end, just before the blood pregnancy test. Just wondering why do we have to wait so long for the test, and during 2ww there is no checks to see what can be done to support the luteal phase...
This is my first fresh cycle with Dr Jerry too. Everything was fine too until Day14, Spotting plus brown discharge. Day15 bleeding looks like menses. Giving up hope already, dun feel like going for blood test. :(

This is my first fresh cycle with Dr Jerry too. Everything was fine too until Day14, Spotting plus brown discharge. Day15 bleeding looks like menses. Giving up hope already, dun feel like going for blood test. :(
From my understanding, kkh will always do beta hcg test minimum 14days after transfer... The reason is to maximise the "tww" so to avoid confusion if chemical pregnancy happens... The longer it waits for test, the better accuracy.

All the best for your BT later. But mentally be prepared if the result is otherwise. For me, I tried for almost 10 years with 7 IUI/SO-IUIs, 2 fresh cycles, 1 natural FET, before succeeding on frozen FET at almost 36yo. But it varies from person to person as I had underlying autoimmune issues. But I feel that the key to IVF success is your mental strength, i.e. perseverance and staying positive, which ironically, is the hardest hurdle and nothing compared to the jabs that we have to go through. Other than that, it’s up to the one up there if we will be blessed with a child which is beyond our control.

In any case, there are many other ladies whom actually succeed naturally after going through failed IVF. So don’t stress yourself too much. As long as you have tried your best for each cycle and exhaust most treatments methods, you should give yourself a pat on the back. Jia you!

Hi milogal88

Thanks for ur kind words n encouragement. It was negative, was so hoping this round would be it. Had mentally prepared myself 1 day earlier, so it was not too much of a shock /sad on BT day.
We have been trying n trying for the past 4-5 years. Did Tcm, acupuncture, supplements. Age is catching up (pass 40 alr), not sure if we want to go for another round....or how to proceed..

Just to update... I'm pregnant.
Today at 13dp5dt, my beta HCG came back 284...a bit low? But I'm grateful that atleast I heard "congrats you are pregnant!" please pray for me, for us!
Congratulations! Can i ask what are your symptoms for 2 weeks wait?

Congratulations! Can i ask what are your symptoms for 2 weeks wait?
Actually I stopped symptoms looking. Bcos I don't want heartache....cos for me all symptoms no difference between menses, pregnant and miscarriage.. Haha. But Thou, thinking about it... yesterday I started get headache (and I feel very tired) - still not sure was it bcos of pregnant or bcos I had a very busy week at work.

hi all, I've frozen embryos and I'll be doing FET. Do you all think that changing doctor will help increase the transfer success rate or is fate already decided since the embryos already formed?

I'm now under KKH jessie Phoon and I think she's good! but the review sessions are not under her, so I am thinking to transfer to other private clinic so I can be under the same doctor throughout.

Just to update... I'm pregnant.
Today at 13dp5dt, my beta HCG came back 284...a bit low? But I'm grateful that atleast I heard "congrats you are pregnant!" please pray for me, for us!

Congratulations! I read it’s not so much about the numbers but the doubling. All the best!

Hi all, still on my tww and blood test this coming Friday! Very nervous still! Just want to ask, has anyone done fet with 2 X day 5 blast before? Isit allowed in kkh or strictly only 1 blast per fet transfer?

Hi milogal88

Thanks for ur kind words n encouragement. It was negative, was so hoping this round would be it. Had mentally prepared myself 1 day earlier, so it was not too much of a shock /sad on BT day.
We have been trying n trying for the past 4-5 years. Did Tcm, acupuncture, supplements. Age is catching up (pass 40 alr), not sure if we want to go for another round....or how to proceed..

Sending you loads of hugs & positive vibes. But have you gone thru any tests like autoimmune etc? coz things like sticky blood, vitamin D deficiency, high NK cells etc may hinder implantation. So even if you have the best looking embryos or perfect lining, if there are underlying issues which is not addressed, it may possibly affect the chances.

Hi all, still on my tww and blood test this coming Friday! Very nervous still! Just want to ask, has anyone done fet with 2 X day 5 blast before? Isit allowed in kkh or strictly only 1 blast per fet transfer?

Me, i did it in 2018 in KKH & was blessed w a boy. .. my boy is almost 2 yo soon..

I transferred x2 blast for my medicated FET and I was with KKH previously. I’m not sure if they still allowed it now but during my time, my gyne did prepare us the possibility of having twins if both implanted and the risk that comes with it. So you got to be mentally prepared for twins if x2 blast are being transferred.

I transferred x2 blast for my medicated FET and I was with KKH previously. I’m not sure if they still allowed it now but during my time, my gyne did prepare us the possibility of having twins if both implanted and the risk that comes with it. So you got to be mentally prepared for twins if x2 blast are being transferred.

Thanks milogal! hoping this fri blood test will be positive and I won’t have to think about the next fet..

I transferred two blast for my natural FET in July 2019. Good luck for your blood test on Friday.

They will recommend one transfer if u are first timer (or 35yo below). But if failed (or age is catching up) , they will transfer two.

My first FET, transfered one blast.. Ended chemical pregnancy.

My second FET, transfered two blast.. Pregnant but lost in week 8.

Now I'm on my third FET, transfered two blast, I'm pregnant. I hope this sticks until birth amen.

hi all, I've frozen embryos and I'll be doing FET. Do you all think that changing doctor will help increase the transfer success rate or is fate already decided since the embryos already formed?

I'm now under KKH jessie Phoon and I think she's good! but the review sessions are not under her, so I am thinking to transfer to other private clinic so I can be under the same doctor throughout.

In my opinion, the fate is kinda already decided since the embryos already formed. Non viable embryos will terminate along the way by themselves. Only good embryos and viable ones will eventually survive until birth.

I had all three FET successfully implanted. But previous two FET ended in chemical or miscarriage. Now I'm on my third, hoping that the embryo is viable to survive.

They will recommend one transfer if u are first timer (or 35yo below). But if failed (or age is catching up) , they will transfer two.

My first FET, transfered one blast.. Ended chemical pregnancy.

My second FET, transfered two blast.. Pregnant but lost in week 8.

Now I'm on my third FET, transfered two blast, I'm pregnant. I hope this sticks until birth amen.

Jiayou Sybm! I’ve been through the journey reading your previous posts too! My first fet was chemical preg back in March 2020 too :(

hoping for the best this 2nd fresh cycle!

Jiayou Sybm! I’ve been through the journey reading your previous posts too! My first fet was chemical preg back in March 2020 too :(

hoping for the best this 2nd fresh cycle!
Hope the best for you!

I was lucky to begin with.. I had 42 eggs extracted in August 2019, 12 made to blastocyst. Now after 3x FET, I have another 6 blastocyst in the freezer... I am grateful for that - so I can just FET rather than going to fresh cycles- more pain, more money...
I know many out there struggle harder than me, fresh cycle for many times just to have 1 or 2 eggs fertilised..

Jiayouu to all of us, ladies!

Hope the best for you!

I was lucky to begin with.. I had 42 eggs extracted in August 2019, 12 made to blastocyst. Now after 3x FET, I have another 6 blastocyst in the freezer... I am grateful for that - so I can just FET rather than going to fresh cycles- more pain, more money...
I know many out there struggle harder than me, fresh cycle for many times just to have 1 or 2 eggs fertilised..

Jiayouu to all of us, ladies!
wao 42 eggs.. thats alot...

my Egg pick up is tomorrow... 2nd fresh cycle....but not going to transfer, am going to FET next mth.

all the best to all of you ladies... Jia You Together..

wao 42 eggs.. thats alot...

my Egg pick up is tomorrow... 2nd fresh cycle....but not going to transfer, am going to FET next mth.

all the best to all of you ladies... Jia You Together..
Yes. Overstimulate haha. So I had to cancel the "fresh transfer" to reduce the risk of OHSS- they froze the 12...And its my luck that 12 made to blastocyst day 5 and 6.

Hi ladies just had ET las friday and transferred 1 day 5 blastocyst. Can I check when is the earliest ti test using HPT? So nervous.

Hi ladies just had ET las friday and transferred 1 day 5 blastocyst. Can I check when is the earliest ti test using HPT? So nervous.
Earliest to hpt 12days past transfer... Thou I stopped HPT bcos I had heartache in my first transfer.. It was positive but negative during beta hcg blood test..

The best is not to test at all until bloodtest. But if u can't be patient lol.. Then urine test at 12dayz or more.

I'm a POAS addict so I tested on 6dp4dt on an expired test kit actually. So if you can wait it out, just wait for BT. All the best!

Anyone took progesterone jab during the 2 weeks wait.. The dr said i need to hit the progesterone level 100 so i need to go back and the the jab... Just wondering.. Isit a hint of not sucessful... Sigh

Hi, i went for progesterone jab twice after fresh transfer. but the outcome was unsuccessful. Its more of a support measure.

hi all, i wanna get some insights.

i am currently under another private gynae and on clomid, but in case there isn’t any outcome out of it i secured a appointment for IVF (private route) with Prof Wong at NUH.

I am just checking, i dont mind paying the consultations and medications under private price but as I am doing it at a government body hospital, I am still entitled to the grants and also usage of medisave for payment right?

I am going for private as I want one doctor throughout my journey and I do not wish to wait for a long time.

Thanks ladies!

i am currently under another private gynae and on clomid, but in case there isn’t any outcome out of it i secured a appointment for IVF (private route) with Prof Wong at NUH.

I am just checking, i dont mind paying the consultations and medications under private price but as I am doing it at a government body hospital, I am still entitled to the grants and also usage of medisave for payment right?

I am going for private as I want one doctor throughout my journey and I do not wish to wait for a long time.

Thanks ladies!
From my understanding, ivf in public hospital is considered as private. Only the initial consultation is subsidised, but once step in to ivf Centre in the public hospital, all billings are private. And yes entitled to govt Co fund and medisave.

I'm with kkh, consultation at Clinic D are subsidised but when entering KKiVF (after signing the form for further egg transfer/fresh cycle) the bills are all privatised but I'm eligible for cofund and medisave

Thanks ladies!
Hi. For NUH private patients, your pre-screening tests e.g blood tests cannot use medisave as far as I know, but HSG test can use medisave. The govt co-funding/medisave usage only starts when you start your injections. I'm with Prof Wong.

From my understanding, ivf in public hospital is considered as private. Only the initial consultation is subsidised, but once step in to ivf Centre in the public hospital, all billings are private. And yes entitled to govt Co fund and medisave.

I'm with kkh, consultation at Clinic D are subsidised but when entering KKiVF (after signing the form for further egg transfer/fresh cycle) the bills are all privatised but I'm eligible for cofund and medisave
sweet! thank you for this and congratulations!!!!!!

Hi. For NUH private patients, your pre-screening tests e.g blood tests cannot use medisave as far as I know, but HSG test can use medisave. The govt co-funding/medisave usage only starts when you start your injections. I'm with Prof Wong.
ahhhh that’s not too bad then! how is prof wong so far? good reviews?

ahhhh that’s not too bad then! how is prof wong so far? good reviews?
So far I do not have any issues with him. He's happy to answer any queries you have. Prof is those straightforward type of doc. I went to him because a relative who did ivf under him was successful and she was same age as me right now when she started her ivf journey.

Back