Anyone doing IVF in 2020?

Hi Ladies

Any IVF doctor in KKH to recommend? The clinic provided the below doctors to me:

Dr Sadhana
Dr Jessie Phoon
Dr Jerry Chan
Dr Liu Shu Ling

My doctor is from NUH however they are not taking any ivf cases till dorscon turns yellow.

Hi Ladies

Any IVF doctor in KKH to recommend? The clinic provided the below doctors to me:

Dr Sadhana
Dr Jessie Phoon
Dr Jerry Chan
Dr Liu Shu Ling

My doctor is from NUH however they are not taking any ivf cases till dorscon turns yellow.

Hello! I'll be seeing dr Jessie phoon this June for the first time! I had initially requested for either dr sadhanna or dr Jessie but seems like dr sadhanna have to wait for a later date to the scheduled to see her.

Hello! I'll be seeing dr Jessie phoon this June for the first time! I had initially requested for either dr sadhanna or dr Jessie but seems like dr sadhanna have to wait for a later date to the scheduled to see her.

Thanks gal.

I managed to get an appt with Dr Jessie Phoon on 5 June. Hope all goes well during the appt.

Hi ladies.

I am 28 years old TTC for 2 years and so far, nothing been happening. I am trying for IUI but not too sure if I should just went ahead for IVF. As I am slightly overweight, not too sure if it will be issue to try for IVF?

Thanks for your encouragement any tips to improve on egg quality?
Hi Christine, don’t give up alright. Actually I find daily exercise is important. I have been doing low intensity exercises at home by watching YouTube. I find myself more alert and also feel better in general. My previous Gynae did recommend reducing some weight to increase the chance of ivf too.

Hi Christine, don’t give up alright. Actually I find daily exercise is important. I have been doing low intensity exercises at home by watching YouTube. I find myself more alert and also feel better in general. My previous Gynae did recommend reducing some weight to increase the chance of ivf too.
Dear thanks and so nice to have u all here to encourage me I retrieval 14 egg but only 2 egg make it 1 was b grade and c. Must restart again hope next time I have more and better grade.

Hi ladies.

I am 28 years old TTC for 2 years and so far, nothing been happening. I am trying for IUI but not too sure if I should just went ahead for IVF. As I am slightly overweight, not too sure if it will be issue to try for IVF?
Hospitals may require you to try iui once or twice first before allowing you to do ivf unless you have some condition or if you are older. That is if you are planning to use govt subsidy, with private you can jump straight to ivf. So best to schedule appt first to see what are your options.

@Fatapple you considering to go for IVF? I've been trying to conceive for a year plus now still no news.. tried natural with clomid for 3 cycles and 1 IUI at private but didnt work.. took a break in between and now I'm considering IVF. Mine is classified under unexplained infertility.. but I have a retroverted uterus, previous doctor say it most likely won't affect ability to conceive but I'm doubtful.

Maybe we c
@Fatapple you considering to go for IVF? I've been trying to conceive for a year plus now still no news.. tried natural with clomid for 3 cycles and 1 IUI at private but didnt work.. took a break in between and now I'm considering IVF. Mine is classified under unexplained infertility.. but I have a retroverted uterus, previous doctor say it most likely won't affect ability to conceive but I'm doubtful.

Hi Peanut

I'm considering IVF. Failed one IUI done in NUH by Dr Stephen Chew early this year. Wanted to do second IUI but Dr Sheila Vasoo (im seeing her for thyroid) has advised to go for IVF instead due to my age.

Quite reluctant to switch from NUH to KKH coz my medical records are there. Since NUH women's clinic is not taking any new IVF cases currently hence no choice but to KKH. I have hashimoto thyroiditis and NK cells and that probably the reason why two of my pregnancies stopped at 6 weeks.

Dear thanks and so nice to have u all here to encourage me I retrieval 14 egg but only 2 egg make it 1 was b grade and c. Must restart again hope next time I have more and better grade.
Just to share that I had 10 retrieved, 1 b grade (which is successful) and left 1 c grade currently frozen this time. Initially 4 managed to fertilised by the ET date but then later was told that only the 1 c grade made it to day 6 to be frozen.
Yup, try again. I did many rounds of clomids which did not succeed too. Also a failed IUI and FT. Thankfully both my fresh ivf cycle worked for me with grade b day 5 blastocyst. So ya, don’t lost hope!

Hi Ladies. Ive been doing alot of thinking of doing IVF treatment. Ive been married for almost 5 years now and yet to conceive. My menses cycle are quite irregular as sometimes it doesnt come for a month. sometimes AF only came for 2 days and thats it. As much as ive tried to have sex frequently so as not to miss "the day", my husband doesnt seem to be cooperating. and that makes things 10x harder. Can anyone advise me if i should go for IVF or try IUI first? =(

Hi Ladies. Ive been doing alot of thinking of doing IVF treatment. Ive been married for almost 5 years now and yet to conceive. My menses cycle are quite irregular as sometimes it doesnt come for a month. sometimes AF only came for 2 days and thats it. As much as ive tried to have sex frequently so as not to miss "the day", my husband doesnt seem to be cooperating. and that makes things 10x harder. Can anyone advise me if i should go for IVF or try IUI first? =(
Hi, probably best if you check out at a doc first before deciding. As they will also be in best position to advise after running us through all the checks.

ive had a friend who also had irregular menses but managed to conceive naturally after regulating her mensus with medications from her doc. So might not need IUI or IVF even.

@avocadooj thank you for the motivation! May i knw whats the first thing ur frend did? Like did she just went to a family clinic or she went to those KkH or NUH docs?
Private clinic I think at a gynae :) np..! I’m also losing steam now playing the waiting game cos of this covid . Trying to distract myself now and then

Do you think IVF can start during Phase 1 or Phase 2 after circuit breaker ? I guess all of us cannot wait any further :(

Hello! You may wish to consult a fertility doctor for consultation check first. Based on the consultation/check, the doctor will be able to determine which treatment will be best for you. If you're having issues with ovulating, they might first prescribe clomid and let you try naturally. However, if let's say the tubes are blocked, it is unlikely natural conception will occur and IVF might be the only way. If else, most doctors will reccomend IUI first as it's not as invasive and costly as compared to IVF.. unless of course, of tubal factors or if age is really catching up. I understand the part on uncooperative husband.. sometimes it might feel like having sex is a homework submission for making babies, but try to not constantly have that thought (it's hard I know). Just have fun! :)

Last edited:
How old are you? If both u and husband are above 35, I would suggest go for consultation and checks and opt for IVF instead of IUI.

@sybm Me n husband both just hit 30s. Im not sure if its my crazy cycle, or my husb always not cooperating. Coz we did talk bout having a baby. But he have this thinking that if we have sex today, we dont need to have sex like 2 days after. Any advise?

@Peanutbutterloves heheheh! Part of me is that im no longer worried when my ovulation is coming. Now im most worried is how to make my husb understand that when i say shuld we shuld harder, it shuldnt be like a homework to him.

Can i check which would be better? Going to family clinic first or just head to KKH?

@Peanutbutterloves heheheh! Part of me is that im no longer worried when my ovulation is coming. Now im most worried is how to make my husb understand that when i say shuld we shuld harder, it shuldnt be like a homework to him.

Can i check which would be better? Going to family clinic first or just head to KKH?

Hmmm it depends on your preference. You can go those fertility clinic or KKH or private hosp. Also, If I'm not wrong if you get referral letter from poly clinic and then go to KKH, theres a subsidized rate for seeing the doctor too.I'm currently a private patient with KKH. Initially I was with mountE which I did all the fertility checks, few rounds of clomid and 1 round of SO IUI. Dr. Fong was very nice but if I'm considering IVF private is very costly.. now that I'm considering IVF, I changed to KKH cuz got govt co-funding + medisave.

May I check how long do we normally have to wait in the queue to start IVF under KKH? If let's say doctor approve this month, it will start a few months later?

@Peanutbutterloves thanks for the advice! Appreciate every single details u shared. Last ques, if i were to go to q polyclinic for checkup n referal, shuld u bring my husb along?
Haha you're welcome. Hmm, personally I feel should go as a couple for the first consultation. I'm not sure how the polyclinic will do primary checks and issue referral letter. Having kids involve both parties and it's good to keep your husband involved so he'll know what's going on. Btw, most fertility clinics will advise both parties to undergo checks so that male factor is not disregarded. Sometimes, we might conveniently think that the issue lies with the female cuz of irregular period and all.. but it could turn out that the husband sperm quality is not there as well. There are no symptoms to indicate poor sperm quality.

Last edited:
Hi all.. I'm new here. Going for BCCC at KKH on the 10th of June. Nervous coz it's been a long journey from my 1st appt at KKH in 2017 due to dysfunctional uterine bleeding. Eventually diagnosed with PCOS, polyp, fibroid, blocked right tube and endometrial hyperplasia. After 2 D&Cs, a laparoscopy, a hysteroscopy, taking norethisterone and losing 12kgs.. finally my doc in charge found me suitable to go for IVF. Did my blood test in April and originally scheduled for the BCCC in May. The nurse said that I could join the June cycle, so fingers crossed that all IVF services will resume.

Last edited:
Hi all.. I'm new here. Going for BCCC at KKH on the 10th of June. Nervous coz it's been a long journey from my 1st appt at KKH in 2017 due to dysfunctional uterine bleeding. Eventually diagnosed with PCOS, polyp, fibroid, blocked right tube and endometrial hyperplasia. After 2 D&Cs, a laparoscopy, a hysteroscopy, taking norethisterone and losing 12kgs.. finally my doc in charge found me suitable to go for IVF. Did my blood test in April and originally scheduled for the BCCC in May. The nurse said that I could join the June cycle, so fingers crossed that all IVF services will resume.
You may call the clinic and check. If I’m not wrong, they have already resumed the services in private clinics but I’m not sure about the govt Hospitals

Hi all,
my husband & I went to Thomson fertility to checkup. The dr advice IVF for us but due to the cost we decided to go to gov hospital.
But we are not sure how to go about it.
Do we go to polyclinic for referral? Or we can call kkh/nush directly for appointment?
As we did our checkup with Thomson, Do we still need to redo the checks again with the gov hospital?

appreciate all ur help.

@Peanutbutterloves thanks for the advice! Appreciate every single details u shared. Last ques, if i were to go to q polyclinic for checkup n referal, shuld u bring my husb along?

I went polyclinic alone just to get the referral letter only, no checkup at all just tell the doc u want to do ivf at which hosp and they will give u the letter. Once hosp contact u for first appt ur hubby must go with u.

Hi all,
my husband & I went to Thomson fertility to checkup. The dr advice IVF for us but due to the cost we decided to go to gov hospital.
But we are not sure how to go about it.
Do we go to polyclinic for referral? Or we can call kkh/nush directly for appointment?
As we did our checkup with Thomson, Do we still need to redo the checks again with the gov hospital?

appreciate all ur help.

U must get referral letter from polyclinic first if you want to be a subsidised patient for IVF. This is for lower costs before IVF starts. All checkup/blood test/consultation with duty doctor will be at subsidised rates. If you want request for specific doctor you can just call and make appointment as a private patient paying the full rate.

Once IVF cycle starts the costs will be the same regardless of subsidy or private route in public hospital. U may want call and inquire first for your situation and they can advise u accordingly as you might not have to perform all the tests again.

I went polyclinic alone just to get the referral letter only, no checkup at all just tell the doc u want to do ivf at which hosp and they will give u the letter. Once hosp contact u for first appt ur hubby must go with u.

Hi Risther,

So i can just go poly to get referal for either IVF/IUI right? Omg. Im so nervous yet excited at the same time. Coz its been 4 years TTC. Only now i start yo think of going thru all this. Haha. Are you going thru either IUI or IVF currently? And where?

Hi Risther,

So i can just go poly to get referal for either IVF/IUI right? Omg. Im so nervous yet excited at the same time. Coz its been 4 years TTC. Only now i start yo think of going thru all this. Haha. Are you going thru either IUI or IVF currently? And where?

Yes u just go and request for referral letter. For me I request for IVF at KK. Have not started due to covid.

Hello guys :) So happy to find a thread where all the ladies here are going through Ivf this year.
I’ve been on many rounds of clomid/letrozole and IUI 2x fail at NUH. Diagnosis is just ovulatory disorder.. Hubby and me thinking of doing IVF but want to know if anyone knows the usual price range for Private IVF?

Hello guys :) So happy to find a thread where all the ladies here are going through Ivf this year.
I’ve been on many rounds of clomid/letrozole and IUI 2x fail at NUH. Diagnosis is just ovulatory disorder.. Hubby and me thinking of doing IVF but want to know if anyone knows the usual price range for Private IVF?

Range from 19k - 20k++ this is inclusive of doc fee, jects and medications for myself 1st ER. Next ER is more expensive coz my doc added another type of jects.

Hi guys! I’m currently seeking fertility treatments at KKH but mainly on meds. Now am ready to try for more invasive procedures like IUI or IVF. If i want to do it at NUH under subsidised route, must I go poly again? Or can I get a referral letter from KKH?

Back