Anyone doing IVF in 2020?

Hi Ladies!
Anyone knows if NUH will issue hospitalization leave after Embryo Transfer? I know they will issue for Egg retrieval.

Anyone scheduled for IVF this month? Not sure if it's a good time cos of the virus outbreak..
Me!

unfortunately I have high progesterone level (7.6) and it was mentioned I might be better off doing frozen than fresh. Anyone had the same experience and still went ahead with fresh?

Hi I just started my cycle with KK, I vaguely remember my doc mentioning Clomid but I today I realized it’s not part of my prescriptions given by the IVF centre.

I’ve only been given folic acid, Gonal F injections and Jabs for stopping ovulation (forgot what it’s called) . Is it normal that clomid / Leterozole is not given ?
Thanks!
Hi clomid/letrozole and gonal f are all for helping follicle grow. It’s just that one is pill form and the latter is injection. I think it is more common to take injection for ivf.

All ivf fresh/frozen, iui cycle have already halt due to virus outbreak in govt hospital (nuh/sgh/kkh). Those doing next month/following month suspended until further notice.

I’ve already started and due to do this month :( means will be postponed?
Should call the hospital and ask. Maybe they won't postpone yours since you have already started. For me I haven't started and the nurse said we are strongly encouraged to postpone it.

Best is call your hospital and ask. Different govt hospital may have different plans for their patient at this time. I just know that as a KK patient when I called ivf centre yesterday because my menses may come tmr, I wasn’t even given an option to go ahead though I wanted to. The nurse said all IVF that haven’t started yet at KK were being rescheduled and I have to call in March to check if I can do it then .

I don’t think private hospitals would be affected by this though.
Means my FET will be postponed too..

I think I'm the last patient for ivf at sgh before they stop accepting new cases. Went on friday for 2nd appointment and only 2 others were in the clinic.

Hi Ladies, just called nuh and the clinics are closed and all procedures and counsellings cancelled. I was told to call in when dorscon turns yellow. FYI..

Anyone else received call from hospital and they proposed to cancel our IVF? So sad... I mean I understand that the risk of dorscon.. But really sad. We are waiting for months to go through FET. I'm on halfway medication... Anyone still try to continue?

Anyone else received call from hospital and they proposed to cancel our IVF? So sad... I mean I understand that the risk of dorscon.. But really sad. We are waiting for months to go through FET. I'm on halfway medication... Anyone still try to continue?
I calling kkh when my menses come ltr this wk n see how it goes..I also hope to go ahead for FET coz mine was delay fr fresh cycle last yr already.. However sometimes just have to be safe than sorry due to this virus.. Nobody expects it also..

I calling kkh when my menses come ltr this wk n see how it goes..I also hope to go ahead for FET coz mine was delay fr fresh cycle last yr already.. However sometimes just have to be safe than sorry due to this virus.. Nobody expects it also..
When I went there to take my meds for FET, it was still yellow.. But I dont think they will want to take ur case already...if dorscon still orange.. Haizzz... Yeahh sad truth.. Oh wells

Will they allow you to continue until ET?

Tell me about it, after the call on Fri I was so depressed and still very upset. I had been counting down to this week thinking it’s going be be the start of my first cycle. Sigh....
Hi. Yes they allow me to continue, my ET will be in 2weeks time. however its a risk that it will be cancelled anyways (depending on my health and dorscon). So even though now I still want to continue, but if they found out I'm sick (eventhough not virus) also they will cancel it. And ofcourse depends on situation here in this country. It is frustrating..now I just let go, let God. See how need to be open minded for cancellation ler hehe.

Hi, I was suppose to do my 1st scan 7th which was last Friday also advised to postpone. I’m with KKH. So we told the nurse we will postpone to April cycle and also have to depend on the situation.

Those who are interested to join a WhatsApp group for IVF support 2020, can PM me your HP number.
Am going for egg retrieval tmr..

Hi everyone. This is my first try at IVF and I’m sitting on the fence as to whether I should start this month due to the virus situation. I’m going the private route and from what I understand it is still good to go ahead. I’m in a dilemma.

Hi everyone. This is my first try at IVF and I’m sitting on the fence as to whether I should start this month due to the virus situation. I’m going the private route and from what I understand it is still good to go ahead. I’m in a dilemma.
I don't think the public hospitals will take in new cases this time around, try again when dorscon is back to yellow or green. Not sure private hospital policy thou.

Have u gotten ur menses yet? And are u still going to call in kkh?

I don't think the public hospitals will take in new cases this time around, try again when dorscon is back to yellow or green. Not sure private hospital policy thou.

I just met my doc (pte) yesterday and there’s no issues but I’m a bit hesitant. Was actually so eager to start but with the situation now is quite a bummer.

My hubby told me this too. Slow dwn. Give it 6 mths.. I'm just anxious. And hope this cirus period dies down..

My hubby told me this too. Slow dwn. Give it 6 mths.. I'm just anxious. And hope this cirus period dies down..

Me too. I am considering to start the first part (stims, egg retrieval), get it over and done with and transfer only when the situation is more stable. My doc favours FET so I thought this could work..

Does anyone has a whatsapp group chat to support? I'm new to this. Super lost now..
If you all dun mind? I could start a groups and rest can join.

Hi all, JTS I managed to do my egg retrieval last week, but will be going for frozen cycle instead due to risk of OHSS. Due to blood test which showed high hormone levels and my history of infection after HSG+IUI. Felt a bit disappointed but I agree better to play safe!

So I had about 25 eggs extracted - fertilisation occured for most of them, but as of now we only know 2 became blasts and they’re still observing the rest. I’ll be updated in a few days.

Earliest recommended for me to do FET is after 2 periods to make sure my body is “back to normal”. I do feel anxious cos of this whole virus thinggie and I guess I would also think twice if the situation bad by then... fingers crossed!!

Also looking for any tips for increasing chances of implantation? I’ve been taking ba zhen soup the past 2 months, not sure if it helps..

My menses came yesterday afternoon, I called KK lVF Centre and now they have change of policy (as of yesterday). I am allowed to start my cycle. They scheduled my first scan tomorrow. However nurse informed me that if myself or my husband fall sick with virus or flu symptoms during cycle, it will be cancelled and no refund. My husband and I decided to go ahead.
All the best for you and we shall pray together for this virus to subside. Takecare #positivethinking

My menses came yesterday afternoon, I called KK lVF Centre and now they have change of policy (as of yesterday). I am allowed to start my cycle. They scheduled my first scan tomorrow. However nurse informed me that if myself or my husband fall sick with virus or flu symptoms during cycle, it will be cancelled and no refund. My husband and I decided to go ahead.
Wow nice! Great to hear that! All the best ya

jiayou! take care and drink lots of water. we also stayed indoors as much as possible before the ET and avoided heaty food. I wore a mask in crowded buses or mrts

I’m starting my first IVF cycle! :)
My menses came n just called kkh, they have the test kits for the virus thats y they let us decide whether to go ahead anot with the cycle.. So I think meantime we try stay away fr crowds as much as possible n stay healthy, avoid heaty foods..

Just wondering what is anyone's experience with FET like...

I did my ER end dec. But FET may only happen 1st week of march.

After ER, got menses within few days, was on 21 days BCP, no idea why, then endo scratch, then hormone suppression jab?, 2nd menses, then 10 days later only starting on prognova for 2 weeks.

Literally entering 3rd month after ER :(

Just feeling frustrated right now it takes this long. The thing is I never even had an issue with lining so not sure why such a long protocol. Was okay with FET cause chances of OHSS was high with fresh. But didnt expect it to take almost 3 months for a FET to be done when there are no issues here..

Just wondering what is anyone's experience with FET like...

I did my ER end dec. But FET may only happen 1st week of march.

After ER, got menses within few days, was on 21 days BCP, no idea why, then endo scratch, then hormone suppression jab?, 2nd menses, then 10 days later only starting on prognova for 2 weeks.

Literally entering 3rd month after ER :(

Just feeling frustrated right now it takes this long. The thing is I never even had an issue with lining so not sure why such a long protocol. Was okay with FET cause chances of OHSS was high with fresh. But didnt expect it to take almost 3 months for a FET to be done when there are no issues here..
Awww understood your frustration, eventhough my protocol is never being that long, but I had a cancelled IUI, cancelled ER, cancelled FET all because of medicine doesn't work for me, finally had my FET in November but we lost the embaby, implanted but not too long. Then i have to wait again for consultation...

Everyone IVF journey is different, some get it done ASAP and pregnant, but some journey is really a roller coaster...

Hope we all stay sane! Takecare

Awww understood your frustration, eventhough my protocol is never being that long, but I had a cancelled IUI, cancelled ER, cancelled FET all because of medicine doesn't work for me, finally had my FET in November but we lost the embaby, implanted but not too long. Then i have to wait again for consultation...

Everyone IVF journey is different, some get it done ASAP and pregnant, but some journey is really a roller coaster...

Hope we all stay sane! Takecare
I mean i never was told it would take this long. Just feel like it is being dragged for no reason. Not sure why the doctor never started on prognova when I got my menses and we are only starting on CD 10. And the projected timeline for the FET is CD 30..
That is if the medicated thing works for me..

I mean i never was told it would take this long. Just feel like it is being dragged for no reason. Not sure why the doctor never started on prognova when I got my menses and we are only starting on CD 10. And the projected timeline for the FET is CD 30..
That is if the medicated thing works for me..
Patpat.. From what I know FET takes a longer cycle esp when is a medicated one.. Gg thru ivf needs super alot of patience n expected disappointment.. I also feel abit time is playing with me since my fresh ET was cancelled 5secs b4 it shld b done n felt super disappted when theres always obstacles to what i wanna do.. Just think of this way that we need to have a gd n positive body for this to have a healthy baby ya

Patpat.. From what I know FET takes a longer cycle esp when is a medicated one.. Gg thru ivf needs super alot of patience n expected disappointment.. I also feel abit time is playing with me since my fresh ET was cancelled 5secs b4 it shld b done n felt super disappted when theres always obstacles to what i wanna do.. Just think of this way that we need to have a gd n positive body for this to have a healthy baby ya
My first medicated FET protocol was: progynova on CD2, blastocyst transfer on CD18, then, tww, then hcg. Not that long. Maybe diff protocol for diff patients ?

My first medicated FET protocol was: progynova on CD2, blastocyst transfer on CD18, then, tww, then hcg. Not that long. Maybe diff protocol for diff patients ?
I actually expected the same as yours...not sure why they delayed it by giving me hormone suppresing injection...and just to add, no bloodwork was done, so nothing unusual with my own hormones
Starting progynova on CD12, doctor said i should not get my next menses and i really hope it does not come now

Ya probably.. Depends on the condition of the body during the cycle.. I also tot FET is just choosing a right date for the procedure when I was chatting with the nurse on phone this morning she say no have to monitor our womb n see the ovulation period etc.. Silly me

I actually expected the same as yours...not sure why they delayed it by giving me hormone suppresing injection...and just to add, no bloodwork was done, so nothing unusual with my own hormones
Starting progynova on CD12, doctor said i should not get my next menses and i really hope it does not come now
All the best! Baby dust!!

Back