Anyone doing IVF in 2020?

Me.. After doc advise me to do FET next yr instead just before I do fresh ET..due to my high blood platelets condition

I still need to go for blood test and to check my tubes in Dec. How are your preparing for it?

I’m trying to eat more fish and veg and take blackmores conceive well. Got my husband to stop cycling and avoid alcohol as well
I doing my FET prob after cny/advise fr my sgh doc coz my blood platelets too high, dr sadhana nt willing to do fresh transfer.. Meantime i just enjoy wat i doing previously.. Take the folic acid still..

I am.

I failed 2 fresh cycles with PC Wong at NUH. I had 6 and 7 follicles but only managed to get 1 fertilised egg each time. I feel my body didn't respond well to the protocol. I'm considering Dr. Roland Chieng and 2 other IVF clinics in Taiwan. During the stimulation phase, I have stopped all the exercises. I will resume my training, keep protein intake and maintain a healthy lifestyle.

I am currently with Dr Jerry at KKH.. Im 34 in 2019. Had my eggs extracted in August 2019. 42 oocytes were extracted, 12 became blastocysts. The fresh cycle was cancelled due to OHSS. Then i had the FET on 6 nov - 1 Blastocyst was transfered. But it ended with a a chemical pregnancy. Waiting for next appointment with Dr in January. Hoping to get BFP soon.

Hi Ladies,

Thanks for providing the blackout dates. I guess can only start my FET in Feb as well. Can I also ask how's the experience with Dr Sadhana? I'm considering to have Dr Sadhana to do my FET as my previous doctor, Dr Tan Heng Hao has left KKH. I'm also wondering if I should meet her first before starting the FET cycle since I have rested for a year from my last failed ivf cycle.

Hi ladies, sharing with you that I was at kkivf this morning and according to the staff nurse at registration counter , Jan 2020 blockout is 9-18th Jan. menses must come either before 8th or after 19th... fyi

Hehe wish we all can make our menses come according to the dates mentioned..

Hi Ladies,

Thanks for providing the blackout dates. I guess can only start my FET in Feb as well. Can I also ask how's the experience with Dr Sadhana? I'm considering to have Dr Sadhana to do my FET as my previous doctor, Dr Tan Heng Hao has left KKH. I'm also wondering if I should meet her first before starting the FET cycle since I have rested for a year from my last failed ivf cycle.
We might be having FET ard same time..
Dr sadhana is straightforward n facts person.. Mine was dr tan also prev n i chosen dr sadhana to take ovr coz she is the 2nd person most experience in kkh.. U shld set an appt with her 1st n go thru the tests needed n get advise etc from her.. They know best since have our past records as well..

Those who are doing at KK, may I know the venue for the IVF counselling? I got the phone call from the nurse on my counselling date but I couldn't hear her properly, I only heard "seminar room". In my health hub app, I saw it the appointment date for counselling has venue stated as KKIVF at B1. Is this correct?
I had my ivf counselling at the seminar room 4 which is next to the Wang's cafe at level 1 today

Hi. I just went for KKIVF counseling. I have asked the nurse and doctor whether can i still continue to eat chinese medicine. However I was advised to stop for 1month+ in order to do ivf. But I heard success stories of IVF + TCM. I had low blood and weak womb therefore I have been seeing TCM. Is it a must we need to stop TCM? Just want to hear other views who had done IVF with TCM. Thanks.

Hello ladies, I am new to this forum. Has been TTC for no.2 for 2 years but has not succeeded. Am currently seeing Dr Sadhana at KKH and she recommended going for IVF. May I check with you ladies how Long it takes to queue for IVF at KKH? Understand that it will take up to 3 months. Please advise as I’m v new to this. Thanks!

Hello ladies, I am new to this forum. Has been TTC for no.2 for 2 years but has not succeeded. Am currently seeing Dr Sadhana at KKH and she recommended going for IVF. May I check with you ladies how Long it takes to queue for IVF at KKH? Understand that it will take up to 3 months. Please advise as I’m v new to this. Thanks!
Dun really need to 'Q'.. Whole process from injections to embryo transfer (fresh cycle) is abt 17 days n 2 wks wait to go back kkh for blood test n certified preggy
Firstly, U go for ur ivf counselling after that will be waiting for ur next menses.. 1st day of menses to call kkivf centre n they will tell u when to go down for scan. If everything ok, will be issuing ur injections to start the ivf cycle already..

Many people I know stop TCM medication.
For myself, my first IVF & FET, I stopped.
Second IVF and fresh transfer, I took as I saw my first ivf embryo fertilisation and quality being crappy.
FET I discontinued because my doctor gave me loads of medications to suppress immune system to prevent rejection of embryo seeing I have failed twice and I was afraid that the tcm would strengthen my immunity instead. But towards the end of the tww through I started spotting/bleeding so my tcm gave me 安胎药 which I took until BT.

Hope this helps!
Thanks for your reply. Previously I did a scan of follicles for trying to conceive naturally. I went for a few scans and the doctor told me my follicle is not growing. He said might be due to stress but it is impossible because I just came back from holiday. But during my holiday for two weeks, I stopped TCM medicine so I think TCM do helps me. When I did SO IUI, I was able to have 4 follicles. So now I am confused or bother should I stop or not. My IVF should be Feb month.

Thanks for your reply. Previously I did a scan of follicles for trying to conceive naturally. I went for a few scans and the doctor told me my follicle is not growing. He said might be due to stress but it is impossible because I just came back from holiday. But during my holiday for two weeks, I stopped TCM medicine so I think TCM do helps me. When I did SO IUI, I was able to have 4 follicles. So now I am confused or bother should I stop or not. My IVF should be Feb month.

I am a regular consumer of "Jamu", a turmeric (and few other herbs) concoction.. It is advisable to stop drinking it a month or two before ivf, because the ingredients may stimulate uterus, contraction, thinning the lining. Guess that will cause similar effect if consume TCM ingredients. Personally I will stop drinking it a month before my IVF cycle starts

We might be having FET ard same time..
Dr sadhana is straightforward n facts person.. Mine was dr tan also prev n i chosen dr sadhana to take ovr coz she is the 2nd person most experience in kkh.. U shld set an appt with her 1st n go thru the tests needed n get advise etc from her.. They know best since have our past records as well..
Thanks blueroise for your reply. I will try to make appointment to see her then. Hope will still be in time to do FET in Feb, then we can by cycle buddy:) Actually, I only have 1 embryo left, don't know if it will survive the thaw.
Is this going to be your 1st FET?

Hi ladies,
My doc (pte) recommends me IVF as i have a tube blocked. Have been through all the medications & injections so i am not worried about it.
I'm more worried and scare of the egg extraction procedure as i am scare of injections. Even Gonal F freaks me out although its does not hurt.
1. Could someone advice how is the procedure like and what other injections besides Gonal F? need to be mentally prepared if i were to really go down this path (IVF).
2. When you go down for scans is the waiting time long and do you take MC or leave for scans?

Thanks blueroise for your reply. I will try to make appointment to see her then. Hope will still be in time to do FET in Feb, then we can by cycle buddy:) Actually, I only have 1 embryo left, don't know if it will survive the thaw.
Is this going to be your 1st FET?
Yup my 1st..

Hi ladies,
My doc (pte) recommends me IVF as i have a tube blocked. Have been through all the medications & injections so i am not worried about it.
I'm more worried and scare of the egg extraction procedure as i am scare of injections. Even Gonal F freaks me out although its does not hurt.
1. Could someone advice how is the procedure like and what other injections besides Gonal F? need to be mentally prepared if i were to really go down this path (IVF).
2. When you go down for scans is the waiting time long and do you take MC or leave for scans?
My injections r menopur n the trigger shot b4 ER.. I was pretty scared also the night b4 as I nvr under GA before.. My legs n hands were so cold after changing to surgery robe n ask for 2nd blanket. After they inject the GA, I knocked out n when woke, already in observation ward.. Dun feel anything except abit sore in womb area.. So nt to worry ya.. The docs n nurses will definitely ensure u r ok
Im with kkhivf centre so the scans /bloodtests r pretty fast.. Usually they will schedule these early morning b4 10am so u can go work after that

My injections r menopur n the trigger shot b4 ER.. I was pretty scared also the night b4 as I nvr under GA before.. My legs n hands were so cold after changing to surgery robe n ask for 2nd blanket. After they inject the GA, I knocked out n when woke, already in observation ward.. Dun feel anything except abit sore in womb area.. So nt to worry ya.. The docs n nurses will definitely ensure u r ok
Im with kkhivf centre so the scans /bloodtests r pretty fast.. Usually they will schedule these early morning b4 10am so u can go work after that
Thank you Bluerosie.
When they inject the GA how do they do it? Do they give you gas to knock you out or inject you at the back of your hand?

Anyone felt nauseuous even before trigger shot?

On Day 11 now, 2 more days of jabs before trigger shot on Wed and retrieval on friday morning.

Feeling very nauseous, lack of appetite, bloated stomach and quite some cramps in my stomach/ ovary area...having little bit of white discharge that makes me wonder if its bacteria infection :(

On Day 11 now, 2 more days of jabs before trigger shot on Wed and retrieval on friday morning.

Feeling very nauseous, lack of appetite, bloated stomach and quite some cramps in my stomach/ ovary area...having little bit of white discharge that makes me wonder if its bacteria infection :(
The stimulation drugs/medications may cause those side effects.. how many egg follicles do you have? I had those during my fresh cycle and had mild OHSS after retrieval..

The stimulation drugs/medications may cause those side effects.. how many egg follicles do you have? I had those during my fresh cycle and had mild OHSS after retrieval..
Day 11 scan shows more than 20, doctor is quite sure it is much more than that. I am quite worried of OHSS...we r using an antagonist trigger shot

Wow that’s a lot! Congrats. I hope all goes well after the ER and you’ll have quite a number of embryos~ after my ER I had to cancel my fresh cycle due to OHSS.. just be mindful cause you’ll feel very tender and bloated after the ER, especially since you have so many follicles!

Wow that’s a lot! Congrats. I hope all goes well after the ER and you’ll have quite a number of embryos~ after my ER I had to cancel my fresh cycle due to OHSS.. just be mindful cause you’ll feel very tender and bloated after the ER, especially since you have so many follicles!
I am not doing fresh transfer for sure. Doctor refused to do that and insists only FET to be done, otherwise he said i might end up in hospital.
I am going for a holiday 2 weeks post ER, just hoping that I am good to travel then.

Yes.. Same symptoms.. I cant walk much also.. The stomach like 3mths preg.. The white discharge is normal as is for early ovulation from the injections

I am currently with Dr Jerry at KKH.. Im 34 in 2019. Had my eggs extracted in August 2019. 42 oocytes were extracted, 12 became blastocysts. The fresh cycle was cancelled due to OHSS. Then i had the FET on 6 nov - 1 Blastocyst was transfered. But it ended with a a chemical pregnancy. Waiting for next appointment with Dr in January. Hoping to get BFP soon.
I m with dr jerry too failed my first ivf fresh. Waiting for next appointment with dr in January too

My stomach is super painful now and looks so bloated people think im pregnant :'(
It is so hard to walk and my trigger shot is only tonight
Is it a good idea to still go to office or best for bed rest...

Ju
Ouch! Hurts!
Just did my ER today. Was knocked out to sleep quite quickly (maybe 2-3 mins). Could then feel some pressure as the procedure was going on despite being asleep and i thought i was making noises on how painful it was. Then it was done. Next i know i woke up an hour later

Back