Anyone doing IVF in 2020?

So did u get a positive result? Thank you. I feeling so nervous already

Yes, I did. And becoz it was an expired test kit, I was a little skeptical. So I went to watsons and stock up on HPT kit and became a POAS addict as I was really anxious and wanted to test everyday to ensure that the line gets darker each day. So you must be mentally prepared if you wana be a POAS addict like me coz ultimately, the BT is the one that's most accurate.

Last edited:
Yes, I did. And becoz it was an expired test kit, I was a little skeptical. So I went to watsons and stock up on HPT kit and became a POAS addict as I was really anxious and wanted to test everyday to ensure that the line gets darker each day. So you must be mentally prepared if you wana be a POAS addict like me coz ultimately, the BT is the one that's most accurate.
Do u mean that 7days after transfer u already get a positive line? Tat is super early. I assume urs is day 5 transfer? I'm so nervous dunno wan to test or not. Today is 6days after my blastocyst transfer... I was think of testing on day 9. So since u use the expired test kits, so did u get a positive result every day after tat? I was wondering the POAS accuracy but on the other hand tempted to test. Even though this is not the first time testing, but I'm still nervous. Haha.

Do u mean that 7days after transfer u already get a positive line? Tat is super early. I assume urs is day 5 transfer? I'm so nervous dunno wan to test or not. Today is 6days after my blastocyst transfer... I was think of testing on day 9. So since u use the expired test kits, so did u get a positive result every day after tat? I was wondering the POAS accuracy but on the other hand tempted to test. Even though this is not the first time testing, but I'm still nervous. Haha.

Is 6 days after transfer I got a faint line on the expired kit. Mine is a day 4 blast coz Dr Tan HH and the embryologist feels that I dun have to wait for another day so I was being called down for ET so I wasn't really prepared actually. Yes, I got a positive everyday and it gets darker. And I will wake up at 5.30am to test everyday. it's like a bioclock and anxiousness that I will auto wake up and test. But my beta are really high at 6700 (not sure issit coz twins) so I could detect early so please don't take me as a reference. I've attached my POAS addict test kits.

Attachments

• thumbnail_20151023_065402.jpg
    thumbnail_20151023_065402.jpg
    157.7 KB · Views: 324
Is 6 days after transfer I got a faint line on the expired kit. Mine is a day 4 blast coz Dr Tan HH and the embryologist feels that I dun have to wait for another day so I was being called down for ET so I wasn't really prepared actually. Yes, I got a positive everyday and it gets darker. And I will wake up at 5.30am to test everyday. it's like a bioclock and anxiousness that I will auto wake up and test. But my beta are really high at 6700 (not sure issit coz twins) so I could detect early so please don't take me as a reference. I've attached my POAS addict test kits.
Omg. So many poas. Lol. U are currently under thh? I was previously under him oso. I succeed twice under him. Was thinking whether to see him at his new clinic for a third try but the cost is too much for me so I continue at KK. Have u gone for the wk 6 scan? By then can know is twins or not. Ur beta really very high. Did u transfer just one blast? I oso transferred a blast but the grade was C so was quite worrying.

Omg. So many poas. Lol. U are currently under thh? I was previously under him oso. I succeed twice under him. Was thinking whether to see him at his new clinic for a third try but the cost is too much for me so I continue at KK. Have u gone for the wk 6 scan? By then can know is twins or not. Ur beta really very high. Did u transfer just one blast? I oso transferred a blast but the grade was C so was quite worrying.

My twins are already 4yo. But I was supposed to see Dr Tan HH for routine checks at his pte clinic but due to covid I postpone it.

I was bleeding at 5.5weeks then and I went to kkh a&e and manage to detect their heartbeats by then. I was actaully 3 days away from my 6 weeks scan so the doc at a&e did mention that we might not be able to see anything so was quite lucky the kids stuck on tightly.

I transferred 2 blast. Dun think too much abt it. I feel as long as can make it to blast stage means it's a strong embryo. But you very brave...going for #3!

My twins are already 4yo. But I was supposed to see Dr Tan HH for routine checks at his pte clinic but due to covid I postpone it.

I was bleeding at 5.5weeks then and I went to kkh a&e and manage to detect their heartbeats by then. I was actaully 3 days away from my 6 weeks scan so the doc at a&e did mention that we might not be able to see anything so was quite lucky the kids stuck on tightly.

I transferred 2 blast. Dun think too much abt it. I feel as long as can make it to blast stage means it's a strong embryo. But you very brave...going for #3!
Haha. Wah twins. Must be super tiring. Imagine both of then cry together.

Oic. Glad they did stick tightly. It must be tiring taking care of twins. U are strong. Yea gg for las try before close factory. So nervous.

Hi, I’m on my day 7 of stimulation. Was prescribe with Gonal f, Menopur and Orgalutran for injection. Started with Gonal f and Menopur for day 1 to 4, and Orgalutran from day 5 to day 8. I’m going back for scanning tomorrow and are a little worried because I don’t seems to be very bloated. The most obvious symptoms I had was tiredness, sleepyness and headache. Making me wonder if I‘m not reacting well to the medicine?

Hi, I’m on my day 7 of stimulation. Was prescribe with Gonal f, Menopur and Orgalutran for injection. Started with Gonal f and Menopur for day 1 to 4, and Orgalutran from day 5 to day 8. I’m going back for scanning tomorrow and are a little worried because I don’t seems to be very bloated. The most obvious symptoms I had was tiredness, sleepyness and headache. Making me wonder if I‘m not reacting well to the medicine?

Hi,

May i know which hospital?

Maybe not everyone will be very bloated. I guess different body reacts differently. Don't worry..

Haha. Wah twins. Must be super tiring. Imagine both of then cry together.

Oic. Glad they did stick tightly. It must be tiring taking care of twins. U are strong. Yea gg for las try before close factory. So nervous.

Yes! Super tiring, emotionally & physically and the learning curve is very steep & challenging. So much so that at one of the regular check with Dr Tan HH I broke down in front of him. So pai sei. All the best for your #3 ! Positive vibes and hugs to you!

Hello ladies! Im new here and planning to do ivf.. I went to SGH ytd under Dr Hema, started to do the blood tests in preparation for IVF, will be going on counseling this August, prob start the ivf procedure on Sep..but still thinking whether I shld switch to NUS as seems like the success rate at NUH is higher..would like to seek your advice please on any good doctors at NUH?

I don’t feel much bloated too. Headaches yes and tiredness. From the scans to monitor the follicles then can confirm if you have reacted well to the injections. Just finish my egg retrieval 2 days ago hope everything goes well for all of us in our TTC journey!

I don’t feel much bloated too. Headaches yes and tiredness. From the scans to monitor the follicles then can confirm if you have reacted well to the injections. Just finish my egg retrieval 2 days ago hope everything goes well for all of us in our TTC journey!
Thank you for replying me! Just came back from my scans, doctor said i will be doing my egg retrieval this coming Wednesday and i’m feeling happy and scare at the same time haha. Hope everything goes well for us!

Hello ladies! Im new here and planning to do ivf.. I went to SGH ytd under Dr Hema, started to do the blood tests in preparation for IVF, will be going on counseling this August, prob start the ivf procedure on Sep..but still thinking whether I shld switch to NUS as seems like the success rate at NUH is higher..would like to seek your advice please on any good doctors at NUH?
I'm with Prof Wong at NUH. First cycle. My relative had success with ivf under him 4 years ago when she was my age. So I decided to go to him for my ivf.

Hi. For NUH private patients, your pre-screening tests e.g blood tests cannot use medisave as far as I know, but HSG test can use medisave. The govt co-funding/medisave usage only starts when you start your injections. I'm with Prof Wong.

Hi, what about Swab test test before the ER, do we need to pay?

hi all, i wanna get some insights.

i am currently under another private gynae and on clomid, but in case there isn’t any outcome out of it i secured a appointment for IVF (private route) with Prof Wong at NUH.

I am just checking, i dont mind paying the consultations and medications under private price but as I am doing it at a government body hospital, I am still entitled to the grants and also usage of medisave for payment right?

I am going for private as I want one doctor throughout my journey and I do not wish to wait for a long time.

Thanks ladies!

yes u will still b entitled as lng as doing at govt hospital...i m with Prof Wong too☺️

Omg, I feel it’s much not painful than doing IVF
Sorry, I don't get what u mean? Isit u meant the swab test is painful like ivf process? The test is not considered painful but really uncomfortable with slight sting when the thing is being turned around in your nose. But the process is fast la.. bearable. Tho i pray I'll never have to do it again

Last edited:
Hi, I just did IUI a few days back. But follicle size not ideal and actually I already ovulated during the last scan. Not very hopeful abt the outcome. So planning to move on to IVF next. Just to check if there is any additional tests i need to do before gg to IVF? I will need to redo the HIV test since the validity will be up in August. And also would there be a wait time? Can I inform the doc in next review that I want to proceed to IVF and then schedule for counselling the same month?

Sorry, I don't get what u mean? Isit u meant the swab test is painful like ivf process? The test is not considered painful but really uncomfortable with slight sting when the thing is being turned around in your nose. But the process is fast la.. bearable. Tho i pray I'll never have to do it again

Hi, this is my 3rd fresh cycle and like not scare anymore but swab is my first time and I heard they push it bk to the nose, that worries me

Hi, this is my 3rd fresh cycle and like not scare anymore but swab is my first time and I heard they push it bk to the nose, that worries me
Ohhh yes, it definitely push all the way up the nose. That's when there is slight sting, but it's really bearable! I would describe the feeling to similar like when you go swimming and water accidentally went up your nose. When is your swab?

Ohhh yes, it definitely push all the way up the nose. That's when there is slight sting, but it's really bearable! I would describe the feeling to similar like when you go swimming and water accidentally went up your nose. When is your swab?

Ouch... 3 Sep

Anyone can share the pain level of putting in needle for IV drip during egg retrieval process? It is worrying me so much.
Hi! I am from NUH! The IV drip was only put in while I was in the operating theatre...and they will give u the oxygen to breathe concurrently so that you can sleep...so don't worry! Is bearable:)

Hi! I am from NUH! The IV drip was only put in while I was in the operating theatre...and they will give u the oxygen to breathe concurrently so that you can sleep...so don't worry! Is bearable:)
Ok thanks for sharing.. i try not to think abt it.

Thanks for sharing. Mine will be at nuh. I am a needle phob. I always get worried before a blood test n now worrying about iv drip needle.
I understand as I also have fear for iv needle! Maybe you can request for the anesthetist to do the needle instead of the nurse? It gave me more assurance.

Anyone can share the pain level of putting in needle for IV drip during egg retrieval process? It is worrying me so much.
Hi, the needle for IV drip is being put up by an anesthetist in your room or while in waiting area just before going in the OT, while indulging you in some dialog to divert your attention. You will walk yourself to be in the OT along with anesthetist and nurse. In the OT, you will be given oxygen and drips so that you sleep during the procedure, hence will not feel the pain.

Do not worry.. you will be fine.

Hi, the needle for IV drip is being put up by an anesthetist in your room or while in waiting area just before going in the OT, while indulging you in some dialog to divert your attention. You will walk yourself to be in the OT along with anesthetist and nurse. In the OT, you will be given oxygen and drips so that you sleep during the procedure, hence will not feel the pain.

Do not worry.. you will be fine.
Thanks. I hope I don't feel any needle poke pain

Back