Any Vegetarian Mom here?

congrats jen!!!

ladies
i am so upset with the teachers at the playgroup that i sent my gal to. i think only vegetarian can understand how i feel.
I told them before that my gal is vegatarian. and this week they are introducing food to the students. guess what, they gv fish ball to my gal. i was so sad when my mil told me about that. and the teacher still proudly told my mil that they gv my gal fish ball to taste.
i know that this kind of problem will occur sooner or later when my gal goes to school, but didn't know that it comes so fast. and somemore the class is small and easy to be managed by 2 teachers....

Ooh, Congrats Jen. Take good care during confinement.
happy.gif

Hi sunny,

A non-veg can never understand a veg's concern esp if they do not have veg friend. I can understand ur frustration, that's y I always remind my gal's teachers about her diet preference. Good thing is the teachers ask us to prepare snack for her on every tues and thurs whereby they will give food containing meat. Why not u try talking to their teachers again?

irene
ya, tomorrow i am going to talk to the teachers again though i called the in charge today to gv my feedback already.
it's my mistake, too. i should hv kept reminded them every now and then.
sigh... this incident makes me really no mood at all for the day. feel so sorry for my gal.
sad.gif

hi everyone, so long never come into this thread...

wow! congrats jen! is baby a prince or princess?

i still don't know my bb's gender yet but should be able to know on this friday when going for my detailed scan. so excited!
happy.gif

tong, after applying the cream, she's ok already. not sure if it's because of fish ball leh.

Hallo guys.. hope you all dun mind me coming to this thread... Though I am not a vegetarian.. but i love taking vegetarian food and eating vegetables and stuff.... Dun worry so much on your ILs thingy... Just do whats the best for your bb.. As mummies/ MTBs, we have the right to protect our bb and give them what we think are the best for them...

Me also staying at Jurong West.. near to the Jurong Police HQ, which is near sheng Siong la.. keke.. sometimes we also go for vegetarian food at Jurong Point Foodcourt.. not bad also...

Hi there,

I'm a 'part-time' vegetarian. I grew up in a vegetarian home though. so my choices of food (although not 100% vegetarian) comprises mainly vegetables and very minute amount of meat/fish every other day.

I've just came across this link posted by someone in the free items corner saying that Masterfoods announced that the chocolates (mars, milky way etc) contains rennet. So i guess for vegetarian chocolate lovers out there, you might have to switch brands....

http://www.singaporemotherhood.com/forumboard/messages/449169/1412876.html?1210487392

hi everyone,

my first time to this thread. m a vegetarian for the past 17 years. m currently expecting, currently in week 11. hope dat bb will b healthy n strong!

Jazlyn,
Yes.. ur bb will be strong & healthy..
I also vegetarian for many yrs liao. I also told my MIL (non vegan) not to cook meat for my daughter to eat. But i dunno she got cook behind my back anot lar.

hi tongtong, thanks for sharing the link for the veg confinement recipe. wondering if anyone got anymore vegetarian confinement recipe to share? TIA!

Hi Jazlyn,

Just read this thread...Congrat...
U'll due soon???

I'm a vegetarian for past 10 years and both my kids (gal 4 yrs old & boy 13 months) also a vegetarian. They are also very healthy and strong.

I'm still bf-ing my boy, don't think any different as vegetarian..
happy.gif

Hi..
just dropping by to post an ad.. and seeing if this thread still active..

I am very annoyed by my MIL leh. I have already told her I wanted my gal to be vegan as me mah. At 1st yes lar. But i think nw she gave her eat fishballs & nuggets leh.. behind my back of cos.. she herself last time was a vegan but she broke her vow lar.. nw make my gal another sinner.My FIL also broke her vow..

Any vegetarian confinement nanny to recommend me? What about bbsitter for my 2-yr old boy? Am moving to Pending Rd this Sun.

thanks.

Yes, I agree.. Alas, I started out too late.. :(

After factory close then I started to go vegetarian. End up my both kids tend to fall sick easily.. :(

有很多人年轻时候是heavy smoker, 抽了十几年之后,中cancer才来戒烟。

吃素也是一样,以前不懂事,现在明白了,后天努力加把劲。

吃素也是缘嘛...还是很多人接受不来的。很多人不吃素,会批评吃素的。要做好心理准备。老师每次听到有人批评吃斋的,心里会暗赠对方一句“时间还没到罢了”。:p

Hi mummies!

Hope this thread would be 'revived' with more vegetarian mummies around.
I turned to vegetarian diet around 3 years ago, now I'm 25 weeks pregnant.
Planning to raise my child as a vegetarian from birth. I had it easier as my husband and parents-in-law are all vegetarians too.

Maybe could share vegetarian recipes next time with mummies here next time. ;)

Congratulations rurukumi! :) Have a smooth pregnancy journey. Is this your first baby? Yes, hope this thread can be more active. :)

My hubby not vegetarian, he is good to cook only vegetarian food at home. But he don't want I force our kid to be vegetarian.

How to solve the vegetaria issu when send kid to childcare?

Any vegetarian mum deliver at TMC? How is the vegetarian food for after pregnancy?

Last edited:
Hi judy!

Thanks for your well-wishes! Yup, I'm a first-time mummy! Feeling very excited too~ :)

Hi Thanku82, I haven't think so far ahead to childcare, likely would be my mother or MIL who'll take care of my child first.
Hopefully by the time he move on to childcare at 2 years old or so, we'd successfully inculcate the virtues of vegetarianism to him. ;)

I'm giving birth at KKH, not sure if there's vegetarian meals catered. But I saw that there's a vegetarian stall inside the foodcourt.
Worst come to worst if really don't have either I pack from there or my MIL bring for me ba.
Think you could check out with TMC on whether they have veg options or not when booking your delivery package.

Excited for u too.. :) It's always so wonderful to have entire vegetarian family.. *envy* When's your EDD?

Hi thanku82,

If I am not wrong, can request for 'special diet' in childcare centers. Maybe you can check if the centers you are shortlisting have this special diet option.

Since March this year, besides the first and fifteen of the month and other important dates, I have been trying to avoid meat for at least 2 meals a day. I try to have a plate full of vegetables as opposed to deep fried soya products. I also prefer my food freshly cooked than those picked from a wide selection dishes.

I have not eaten beef since this year. I aim to fully turn vegetarian next year. I am sure my husband will cry cos he will lose his makan buddy. I hope to get inspiration from mummies here as I don't have any friends around me who are vegetarians.

BTW, I can understand when tolberone says "吃素也是一样,以前不懂事,现在明白了,后天努力加把劲." coz I was certified infertile then I turn to religion. Through religion, I 看开了. Me trying to turn fully vegetarian is not due to me trying to get pregnant but to make sure my family members receive positive karma as well.

Thanks for sharing, stressed.. Let's encourage & support one another here. :) I also don't have any vegetarian friends.. Worst thing is on every special occasion like christmas, family's birthday, mother/father's day, New year, etc got to join them for seafood dinner. I am still thinking how to manage it. The last dinner with them, I only ate veg but already feel uncomfortable on seeing whole table of seafood/meat. And I don't wanna my kids to consume any live seafood anymore which they keep feeding them with. I am still headache over how to reject my hb's Catholic aunt whom treat us to live seafood dinner at Long beach on yearly X'mas. Becos of this, I am disputing with my hb. :( My in laws did asked my hb how come I sudden go vegetarian, my hb told them cos I don't want 'sha sheng' anymore. They were quite taken aback & said 'wont lah!. I felt quite embarrassed as not sure if I had embarrassed them with hb's reply.. :p

Excited for u too.. :) It's always so wonderful to have entire vegetarian family.. *envy* When's your EDD?

Thanks judy! My EDD is 7 Dec. :)

Thanks ladies for sharing your challenges in adopting a veg diet. Let's jiayou together!

For me, my decision to turn veg was quite abrupt. I started taking vegetarian food immediately after my elder brother passed away, for a period of 100 days. At the end of the 100 days, I don't have the urge to go back to a meat diet cos I suddenly realised that the meat I was having in the past were not just food, but animals (i.e. living things).

I also realised my health improved tremendously over these short 3 years after I turned vegetarian. My mom, who's the biggest skeptic about me being vegetarian, now also stop nagging me about being weak if I don't eat meat. But I admit it was all very challenging at the very beginning.

All my close friends are meat-lovers. When I told them I'm turning vegetarian for good, they even joked by saying I'm 'abandoning' them. Finding a place to meet and eat is a challenge (and still is) so we try to do pot-luck at someone's place whenever we could, so I could bring my own veg dishes over.

For me, my decision to turn veg was quite abrupt. I started taking vegetarian food immediately after my elder brother passed away, for a period of 100 days. At the end of the 100 days, I don't have the urge to go back to a meat diet cos I suddenly realised that the meat I was having in the past were not just food, but animals (i.e. living things).

I also realised my health improved tremendously over these short 3 years after I turned vegetarian.
每个人吃素有她的因原起由。很多各式各样的原因。

My mom, who's the biggest skeptic about me being vegetarian, now also stop nagging me about being weak if I don't eat meat. But I admit it was all very challenging at the very beginning.

All my close friends are meat-lovers. When I told them I'm turning vegetarian for good, they even joked by saying I'm 'abandoning' them. Finding a place to meet and eat is a challenge (and still is) so we try to do pot-luck at someone's place whenever we could, so I could bring my own veg dishes over.
久了之后,人家的嘴巴讲到"xiian"。

I am going for a major operation two weeks and my immediate recovery cuts through the 初十五 (Day 4 of surgery). I wonder how the hospital is able to accede to my request. I will be taking ginger and ginseng and i told my mum to cook chicken essence with cordyceps. Guess I will ask her to skip the chicken essence with cordyceps just for that day.

I can eat the usual vegetarian but I need to regain my strength. Any tips on what to eat to 补齐?

I am going for a major operation two weeks and my immediate recovery cuts through the 初十五 (Day 4 of surgery). I wonder how the hospital is able to accede to my request. I will be taking ginger and ginseng and i told my mum to cook chicken essence with cordyceps. Guess I will ask her to skip the chicken essence with cordyceps just for that day.

I can eat the usual vegetarian but I need to regain my strength. Any tips on what to eat to 补齐?
There are vegetarian meals in hospital.

Hospital vegetarian meals are "designed" by professional 营养家。
全医院不只是你一个病人吃素。你放100个心。

老师给你提醒,吃生鱼(typically used to treat patients with surgical operation)很严重。生鱼有灵性的鱼,宰它会来报仇的一天。

老师特别提醒大家,吃牛肉、狗肉统统一概不能幸免。

I am going for a major operation two weeks
开刀之前,可以跟神明/菩萨许愿说你手术成功,以后会做什么善事,并且赶快好起来。希望以后不要再开刀。跟神明/菩萨谈条件很划得来,不过没做到输不起。呵呵...

坦白说,作手术挨刀就是要消业。

老师给你窍门,还没开刀之前,念《大悲咒》。手术开刀之前一天还有当日,就一直狂念《大悲咒》,念经前/后/时不要跟你家人讲什么笑话。推进手术室前,就拿着《大悲咒》经一直念。OT里面的护士/医生不会笑你。

没事做看t.v.,surf facebook,玩iphone是最没有意义。

医院聚阴,鬼魂/灵体出没很平凡。老师看太多了。索命拿令旗的,不是在ICU等就是跟进手术室的。

Last edited:
谢谢老师的指导。

I didn't see your post till after my operation. I had my operation last Monday and I am recovering very well. There was no pain whatsoever. My qi remained good till today. I managed to stay vegetarian throughout my three days stay in the hospital. It was tempting to eat meat especially on the day of discharge which happens to fall on 初十五。But my dear husband brought me to a nice vegetarian restaurant for lunch and my mum cooked a nice vegetarian chap chye for me.

The hospital vegetarian meals were delicious, btw and I had two very delicious Indian vegetarian meals. *yummy*

I now know that my convictions are stronger than ever and I just need to stand firm to it.

老师, wrt the 大悲咒, I will post my queries in the zhu sheng niang niang thread. Thank you so much. :)

hi all,

i'm a 2nd time mom, due in Jan 14. I have been vegetarian since young. My #1 is currently at 15 months old and attending infant care. I woke up early every morning to cook her lunch as her school does not cater to her diet.

Delivered my #1 in KKH and they do provide veg meal options during my stay :)

My hubby and family are not vegetarian but they have been quite acceptable w my diet so far. As for my #1 she is growing up healthy and is in the 50% percentile. She has been mostly on soy milk too since she's a baby. Although my MIL still finds her small in size but I have heard people comments that she's a beautiful, strong and smart girl for a vegetarian baby. Btw, she walks at 13months and had 8 teeth @ 10months :) She has only been sick twice, when i totally stop bf @ 8months and recently @ 14months.

hi all,

i'm a 2nd time mom, due in Jan 14. I have been vegetarian since young. My #1 is currently at 15 months old and attending infant care. I woke up early every morning to cook her lunch as her school does not cater to her diet.

Delivered my #1 in KKH and they do provide veg meal options during my stay :)

My hubby and family are not vegetarian but they have been quite acceptable w my diet so far. As for my #1 she is growing up healthy and is in the 50% percentile. She has been mostly on soy milk too since she's a baby. Although my MIL still finds her small in size but I have heard people comments that she's a beautiful, strong and smart girl for a vegetarian baby. Btw, she walks at 13months and had 8 teeth @ 10months :) She has only been sick twice, when i totally stop bf @ 8months and recently @ 14months.
老师看过很多宝宝八字。

吃素的宝宝都不一样。

若妈妈/爸爸信佛菩萨,又是胎里素的话,宝宝会不同。运势会平坦安稳!

从天界来投(被罚、乘愿而来),都不太一样。宝宝本来就吃素的,家中的老长辈硬喂他吃鱼(胡说八道...补什么脑力的),宝宝会身体不舒服。从畜牲界来投,那就不妙了。小孩先天性肌肉萎缩症、自闭症、什么综合症,几乎没得救。恐怕,宝宝是向父母讨债来了。

老师看过很多出世的孩子,多数不信因果不信邪的父母难躲厄运。天时应运的时候,今世种的恶因,很有可能今世果报会来而且来的快,不一定会拖到下一世。

I'm a vegetarian since young. I'm managed to convert my hubby to a vegan too and i have 4 children (13yo, 11yo, 4yo, 3yo). They are vegetarian since they are one small cell. LOL...
They have grown up very well. We are blessed that 上天 has arranged our children to attend Childcare centre / schools that provide Vegetarian diet.
Everything has been arranged in Her Grace.
All children are educated with the importance of being a vegetarian and they have knowledge what food to avoid that containing galatine. They has also learnt how to survive with peer pressure as well.

pregnant mum - please drink Similac mum milk, it will give your bb very good complexion. (Tested with my no 4 bb, she's so much different from the rest but all from same factory, ok)
DO NOT DRINK Annum mum!! :( tested as well with my number 2 & 3, their skin conditions not too good.

bb milk - Similac, Gain IQ, pediasure are all for vegetarian. Although a little expensive, it's worth every penny.

Last edited:
I think NAN baby's milk is not vegetarian but NAN for mum is vegetarian as I do drink both NAN mum and Similac mum interchangeably for #1. My #1 has v gd complexion too, but not sure if it is similac mum that is gives her the fair smooth complexion. But my SIL who drinks only purely soya milk throughout her pregnancy for her #2, her baby also has v fair and smooth complexion and v v v strong bones.

I have written to nestle and they say

Please note that NAN milk powder comes from cow’s milk and the source of DHA comes from animal source as well.

Hi mummies,

I have been searching for formula milk to supplement my going-to-be newborn baby and found S-26 to be one of the brands that derived their AA and DHA from plant sources. I wrote to their customer service and this was their reply:

"Thank you for interested in S-26 .
We would like to share with you that our S26 Gold range , AA and DHA is derived from vegetarian source. They are single micro-organism which are safe, stable and provide constant quality."

However, their maternal milk contains DHA from fish oil sources, hence, I did not take it. :)

Great! More choices to look into. The abott lady called to double confirm that similac is suitable for vegetarian babies.

Back