Any SAHMTBs?

taslyn

ur bro is so kawaii.. lols..
toking abt natural disasters.. is kinda of out of our preventions one lor.. phuket oso caught off guard. up till nw, i still don dare to go phuket. im so scare i will see those things there. Errk i hate the 7th month.. so many pple polluting the earth , hurting the ozone layer. hahas..

this aftnn , i saw an tv programme abt superkids. this 2 mix blood brothers (caucasians mix singapore) learn cantonese, chinese n even malay. so li hai right.. the kids' mom insist them to learn chinese so they will noe abt their culture.. hehe

deluxe / queenie...
u guys got msn anot?? easier to tok there.. lol... ydae mi, vanilla n happie chat til 4am!... kekee...

more fun if u guys joined us too... lol...

de_luxe,
i've send u .. jus in case u can't find in yr mailbox, look into yr spam mail, Vanilla n taslyn found theirs in the spam mail.. hehe..

hi mummies
happy.gif

back from hospital
happy.gif

My birth story very simple cos csec

28/07
9sm Admit GlenE. Go to newly renovated floor. Wah.. so nice. Got LCD tv somemore.. but was very hungry cos cannot eat and drink.
11am Nurse came to shave and change to robe and wait.
12pm Bed came to bring me to operating theatre. Hubby went along.
12.10pm Went into operation area, bid hubby goodbye cos he cannot go inside. Met Anaesthetist. went into operating theatre.
12.20pm Gynae call say she be late.. so I chit chat with the nurses inside. Anaesthetist took my blood for cordlife. And also inject my hand for the drip. Painful..
12.45pm Anaesthetist said to give me oxygen ... hmmm .. so nice .. Anaesthetist took my hand again, said gyane is coming.. I took a look at him holding my hand preparing to inject, then the nurse ask me.. "is pure oxygen nice ? what does it smell like" I said "nice.. got abit lemon smell"
<knock>
13.25pm Baby Bernice born (but i still sleeping) She was pushed out to hubby and family .. I remember my gynae asking me "wake up.. finish already" I looked at her .. then she asked me "painful" .. I said "yes" .. then dozed off. woke up hubby was trying to wake me up in the lift back to the room "is baby ok ? pretty ?" I asked .. then dozed off ...

<back> could hear all the commotion from the family going goo goo gaa gaa over Bernice.

"baby got double-eye lids?" I asked .. and dozed off again..

whole day was spent dozing off and on from sleep. Kinda knew what was going on but just couldnt get myself to be sober. Finally at about 8pm, I forced myself to wake up .. took ginger water.. talked abit, and finally looked at my baby
happy.gif
tried to bf her .. but she was quite sleepy too..

ohh I tell you, somethings dont say pantang .. baby was very sweet and quiet 1st day, then someone commented, "wah baby so guai .. never cry" .. that's it. The next day till now, she's been crying quite alot. Esp during feeding, i think cos the milk hasnt come in so she's gotten impatient.

Today finally can squeeze some liquid out from breast, gynae say it's mix of colestrum and milk, but it seems still not enuf for baby. She cry and cry. suck until my nipples very pain. she can suck for like 40mins on the breast, doze off and when u try to unlatch her , she will suck again.. LC say her suckle is good, just need to wait for milk to come. But her latch will from good slowly slowly end up only left with the nipple and she happily suck to sleep. Damn painful.

I gave her fm for the nights in the hopsital so i can rest. Just now got home and bf her on and off since 4pm - 6pm until she so angry and i felt so bad i gave her 40ml of fm. then now she happily sleeping le..

update later need to go have dinner now while she sleeping
happy.gif

hi catherine

Congrats on the birth of baby Bernice!!
happy.gif
so hows everything? Ur c-sect wound painful?

So baby Bernice look more like mummy or daddy?
happy.gif

Better take good care and rest lots ya? We'll wait patiently for more of ur postings!

wb catherine...

congrats on the smooth delivery of bb bernice...

oooo... thanks for the insight...
do u feel any pain from ur c-sec?

seems like bf is v painful ar... omg... must psyche myself... :p

btw.. the pantang part... cannot say in front of bb... have to make it out of earshot de...

catherine.. gong xi gong xi !!!n ni xin ku le..
hw's ur wound recovering nw?

bernice kawaiineh? hahas.. u say opp things to her lor.. maybe she will react to it. hahas..

hi taslyn/queenie

Sorie sorie..u gals msn mi this afternoon..i was busy catching up my HK drama.
blush.gif

Today's thread like veri quiet wor...

vanilla...
it is quiet coz we talking in msn mah.. faster.. lol

btw wat drama u catching?? lo ka leung has a new show... waiting for the whole series to be completed b4 renting else it is so ma fan to go n take piece by piece.. lol

re: movie: $$ no enuff 2
watched it last nite... crappy.. same slapstick stuff... dunno y but i dun find myself laughin at jack neo's jokes anymore... quite touching towards the end.. i cried.. lol...funny right? i dun laff at comedy but cry...

Hello Ladies

I'm expecting my first. Due early Jan 09. So all the ladies here are SAHMs? I'm not working but am studying for my degree by taking evening classes.
happy.gif
My greatest challenge since not working is doing alot of things on my own. Cos everyone else is busy with work. Hope to get to know all of you better.

Hi Ange,

welcome to this thread....
yup we are all SAHMTB... and all of us here are having our 1st bbs here...
happy.gif
we talk abt any and evthing under the sun
happy.gif
kekeke... mummies here dun wake up so early.. coz bb kicking at nite.. lol..
are you expecting a bb boy or ger?

Catherine...
saw bb bernice photo in the aug thread.. oooo so cute... she has alot of hair ar... v black also... jia you on the bf part yeah! dun give up...

mummies...
i may not be going to bkk liao... so sad right.. hb may be going alone coz of stupid 7th mth crap... then i told him i move to sunplaza myself.. but he dun let coz today is the start of 7th mth liao, house not blessed/no altar yet (hb = pantang boy).. wan me to die/rot @ PIL place... sob sob.. damn sianz

ydae went to this shop that sells bb stuff.. then so tempted to buy the bb clothes n toys.. but hb say dun buy yet since he going to bkk next week.. he gonna buy clothes for bb Eviana from NB til 6mths.. lol.. kiasu daddy.. i told him if i m not going, he must buy clothes that say "i love mummy" lol... *so bu yao lian right?

Taslyn: I'm @ 16+ weeks coming 17. I don't sleep too well @ night cos I get up to pee about 2-3 times and sometimes getting back to sleep is difficult cos my husband snores and I'm a terribly light sleeper. But my baby doesn't really allow me to sleep in too late.
sad.gif

We saw something in between the legs yesterday, and quite clearly too. Hehe But I'm waiting for the detailed scan next month before announcing to the in laws as my MIL and GMIL have declared they want a boy.

queenie oic, i think it's better to travel before bb is born.. kind of like last time to er ren shi jie... dun go to ex places like japan lah, even a short trip to somewhere nearby like koh samui will be nice. That's my alternative if doc say cannot go cambodia.

haha i think i'll be like those kids' mom, insist that they learn Chinese.. it's impt to know their heritage. If can, also learn chinese musical instruments.

taslyn nope, PR in germany doesn't work like that. Being married to a citizen doesn't guarantee PR. New laws implemented a few yrs ago cuz they realised after dunno how many donkey yrs that immigrants are staying within their own community n not assimilating into society. Like my BIL's PILs who are Turkish, live in Germany for more than 20 yrs still can hardly speak gd german.

I have msn at home but not in office, so seldom online.

catherine congrats!! u took GA instead of epi? Persevere with the bf.. maybe u shld unlatch her when she starts slipping and then re-latch again. Think i read this somewhere.

ange hi... i think u r on the jan 09 thread too?

ange...
oo... 16-17weeks.. still early.. kekeke...
u will slowly get used to the frequent peein and wakin up in the nite as bb gets bigger...

keke... so i guess u shld be expecting a boy ar... hehe so gd... WAhh.. MIL n GMIL "declare" are.. gosh.. luckily no one except hb tells me that else i be super stressed.. keke...

u mentioned u takin part-time degree course ar? not tiring to study n bein preggy at the same time? u oso v brave.. lol

Queenie: u got company liao.. another studying mama here... :p

taslyn: i was already studying before I got married. Still studying when I got married. Quit my job to finish up the degree faster. Then baby came along. So now I'll still be studying when pregnant. Still be studying when baby arrives. Duno how long this is gona take me man. Hahahaha

My hubby drives me to school and sends me home. And I only attend 1/2 the class. I'm repeating these modules cos I couldnt go for the exams as I was confined @ home due to spotting earlier in the pregnancy. So I try to do my readings @ home.

Yes, I have very traditional in laws. So better not raise their hopes till everything is 100%.
happy.gif
I did tell my parents already as they don't have a preferance. They're happy enough they're getting a grandchild. :p

deluxe..
oh geee... so u must learn german liao lor... anyway u can learn togther with ur bb.. hehe...

koh samui is nice... going there to relax is also good...
the last time i went there, we rented a 4wd n drove ard... the road there is v simple.. just 1 loop, like daytona.. lol..

i feel so sad reading this... sigh..
this lady's EDD is quite close to mine.. hope the bb can survive..

article from new paper:
http://newpaper.asia1.com.sg/news/story/0,4136,172075,00.html?
SHE was 19 weeks' pregnant when her doctors dropped a bombshell on her - her baby was unlikely to survive long after birth.
Click to see larger image
Ms Tee's husband, Mr Shaun Soong, places his hands on his wife's belly. She is 33 weeks pregnant. -- TNP Picture: KENNETH KOH

It would be better for her to terminate her pregnancy because the foetus had been detected with a congenital heart defect. His heart was missing its pulmonary artery.

Ms Tee Bee Ling and her husband, Mr Shaun Soong, both 33, were devastated.

But they could not bring themselves to abort their baby, a boy whom they have already named Ayden.

Said Ms Tee, a customer service officer: 'We could see the development of our baby's hands, legs, body, head and even his playful side, blowing a bubble and sucking his thumb when we went for the growth scan.

'We decided to keep him and stay positive in the hope that his missing pulmonary artery will develop before his delivery.'

Ms Tee is now 33 weeks pregnant and the doctors have so far not offered much more hope.

'I am hoping to find a doctor who can tell me that he can operate on my son and make him well or find a cure for his condition,' she said.

The one paediatric heart surgeon she had wanted to consult, Dr Sriram Shankar, will be seeing her next week.

She hopes that Dr Shankar, senior consultant cardiothoracic and vascular surgeon at National Heart Centre, KK Women's and Children's Hospital and Gleneagles Medical Centre, can offer her a miracle.

PROGNOSIS BLEAK

Ms Tee, who has consulted doctors at two MOH hospitals, said: 'All the doctors so far have told me that my son will probably die soon after birth.

'One hospital's doctors told me that they will try their best to keep him alive as long as possible. That's not good enough.'

She searched the Internet to find out more about Pulmonary Atresia with multiple Mapcas, which is what her baby has been diagnosed with.

A new study has given her hope.

'US researchers have found out that cells taken from human bone marrow, blood and umbilical cords had grown into working blood vessels in mice,' she said.

These cells formed blood vessels that linked to the mice's circulatory systems, the team at Harvard Medical School and Children's Hospital in Boston reported.

'My baby will have a chance if he can grow another blood vessel,' she said.

BOSTON HOPE

She contacted Children's Hospital in Boston via e-mail.

They have replied and sent her some forms to fill in before proceeding further, she said.

'They face more of these defects in the US and some children have actually survived,' she said.

She hopes to be able to go to the US to take part in the study in the hope of a 'miracle cure' if nothing else can be done here.

But the couple fear they may not have enough savings to do that.

She has downgraded from A class to C class for her delivery.

'Otherwise, we will not have the money required for baby Ayden's operation, if any.

'If we stay in Singapore, I have been told that once he is born, he will be rushed to the Neonatal Intensive Care Unit, where doctors and nurses will try their best to keep him alive,' she said.

Added Ms Tee: 'Ayden has another 40-something days more in my womb before my estimated due date on 14Sep.

'It seems so easy for many pregnant women out there, but definitely not for me and my husband.'

She is haunted by nightmares and suffers many sleepless nights.

'I shun myself from pregnancy conversations with people around me. There is no support group for cases like ours,' she said.

She also does not have family support, having being separated from them for 10 years. She did not want to elaborate on this.

This is her second marriage.

She has two healthy children from her first marriage. Her ex-husband has custody of them.

BLAME WORRY

'I fear that my husband will blame me for this. This pregnancy, we felt, was hard to come by and now the baby is not well,' said Ms Tee.

'We can't even tell my husband's family as his parents are in their mid-70s. We fear that they are unable to take the news and we may encounter worse scenarios,' she said.

She said there had been recent newspaper reports about monetary incentives for parents to boost the birth rate here.

'Many have also suggested longer paternity leave for husbands from one week to a month.

'To many parents, having monetary incentives is surely a sweet bonus.

'But what about welfare or help for parents facing problems such as mine?

'Ayden wants to live on and see this beautiful world. I know it. He's my baby of hope,' she said.

Ange..
lucky u... hb drive u up n down.. keke..
if PIL are those traditional LKK thinkin, better double confirm, triple confirm b4 telling.. else will get headache later on.. lol..

as for studies, take ur time lar.. no pt getting stressed.. i oso wanna study but prolly later when bb gets older...

Taslyn: I was really upset when I had to miss the exams. I actually contemplated whether I should just cheong for the exams despite the spotting or just take longer to finish up the program. In the end , my baby is still my priority la. Hehe So now studying is quite relaxing for me. Hopefully baby learns something too. :p

My in laws are traditional and LKK too. Hahaha My MIL objected to me travelling when hubby told her we're going away. So now we have to cut short our trip and sneak away w/o their knowledge. *slaps forehead*

Hey, can you add me to msn? [email protected]

ange..
added liao...
my pil oso LKK thinking but i bo chup.. they can nag their son, i dun care.. lol.. but i'll listen selectively to hb lar..

travelling:
it actually better to travel now that bb is not out yet.. else v mafan coz hv to cater to bb also.. i travelled durin my 5th mth(20th week) n 6thmth (24th week) .. supposed to travel next week (34weeks).. but still thinking/considering lar...

maybe coz u were spotting so MIL more kan jiong.. after all it is 1st grandkid mah..

at least u r not suffering from pregnesia... i m badly hit.. cannot remember anything.. it is as if i kena dementia liddat, hb has to keep reminding me.. maybe coz not working also, that y brain rust.. lol

hi all,
so many postings and no time to read thru.. haha.

Everything is ok. Csec wound now is not really painful. 1st and 2nd day was very painful. Esp the 1st time getting out of the bed and then sitting down on the toilet to pee. After that not really very painful. 3rd day the cramps was very painful. I think it's the contracting of the uterus. And alot of air inside. Can hear the stomache growling. hahaha.

whoever going for csec , MUST remember ask for tummy binder from the nurse/doc. It really helps relieve the pain. But even now when cough or sneeze still can feel the pain but not as bad. now it's taped over and must go back on monday to gynae to remove the tape and check the wound.

bernice looks like daddy
happy.gif

my breast still hurts like F#%$@. really painful. And engorged but milk supply hvnt come. And baby likes to suckle and then fall asleep. I'm going to get my pump today and try to express it. Dont wait until deliver then buy .. must buy before delivery if u intend to bf. Even if she opens her mouth big to suck as much as possible, after awhile she will end up with just the nipple. Damn painful !!! she will suck suck then doze off, so u try to move abit and then she will suck back very hard.. super pain. hahaha. like tug a war with my nipple.

catherine...
kekeke u can still find time to log on ar?

keke.. daughters always look like their daddy.. LOL.. people always say i m photocopy of my dad.. sigh.. so i reckon Bernice's daddy must be v happy that she looks like him yeah?

hmm... i think i will go get a breast pump soon... dun worry milk will come soon. heard that csec milk nomally take abit longer..

HAHA.. catherine i don wan c-sect.. but will keep in mind abt the tummy binder juz in case.. (cross fingers) hehes..

nw bernice look like daddy? ltr on will change again liao.. bb got dbl eyelids??

juz nw aft msning w them.. i rushed to puke.. argh
my first time puking.. was feeling horrible..

hi catherine

C-sect sounds reali not an easy thing...have to deal wif the wound sumore.

Oh i thought the binder its a complusory thing...nurses sure will give...

Jiayou on the breastfeeding ya...i read somewhere tat have to let bb suckle even though no milk, so as to send 'signals' to the body to produce milk.
Haahaa..u shd post little Bernice pic here to let us c la... Hahahaa!!

Taslyn

I read the article u posted..damn touching. Now I reali count myself lucky and veri blessed
happy.gif

sorry mummies ,
ko early last nite.. took flu med coz i felt flu coming back.. dun wanna sneeze Eviana out.. lol..

i think the tummy binder helps regardless csec or natural coz it helps to bind the tummy, help uterus to contract faster, like the way traditional massage ladies do the wrapping.

queenie,...
lol u really kena MS ar... today i got craving for MOS... think i go eat my ebi burger n iced milk tea n butterfly prawns.. kekeke

vanilla...
yeah.. the article v touching, a really admire the parents.. bb with heart condition is not easy to handle.. even if bb is born, u hv to worry abt him still.. sigh.. my pri sch fren bro is such a case...

mummies..

just to ask...
how many nursing bras have u guys bought?? i tot of buying some now.. but breast seems to be still expanding (found stretch marks on on side ydae... so upset...)

then the nursing bras is see are so ugly... lol

hi mummies

So tired today...i went takashimaya thinking tat there's a bb fair..tio pian ah!!! Its not a bb fair at all..there's onli a toy sale! Kaoz, make mi go there all the way after my antenatal class today, end up come back two hands empty. So pek chek, cos have to squeeze with the crowd.

Oh ya tell u gals one incident on the mrt jus now, while on my way home. Me n hubby was taking the NEL home and it was rather crowded. As expected nobody gave up their seat to mi. Few stops later, this auntie tapped my shoulder wif the intention of wanting to give up her seat to mi, &amp; telling mi in chinese: 'Xiao jie, gei ni zhuo' and immediately this guy, who was wif the gf and they were standing beside mi, ask her gf to grab tat empty seat. So the gf sat down immediately and I paiseh to snatch with her..so i said: 'Its ok, never mind' to the auntie. Then the auntie asked the girl to stand up, cos the seat is for mi, and she damn paiseh and stood up, and by then mi too paiseh to walk over (the seat is quite a distance away from where i m standing) to sit liao. Suddenly there's another rude auntie from dunno where, immediately sat down, and close her eyes, trying to act to be asleep!!! Everybody - me, hubby, the kind auntie and the young couple were dumbfounded! The kind auntie LL, and i told her again...'its ok la'. I felt a bit guilty, cos she so kind-hearted &amp; gave up her seat to mi, and end up kena snatched by some other rude auntie.
sad.gif
Then end up she LL have to stand also.

Sorie mi a bit lor-sor...jus wanna niam a bit on the ugly side of these singaporeans..buay tahan.

hi taslyn

me haven buy any nursing bras. I got hand mi downs (new ones) from my friend. She say if wanna buy no need too much..one or two enough liao, unless intend to breastfeed long term.

For now, am stil wearing my normal bras, plus additional bra extensions.

haha.. im juz hme not long ago from the movie money no enuff 2.. luff until my tears dropped man.. but oso cry like hell... ok lor. nvr regret watchin it in cinema..

vanilla
i understand the situation totally... hahas.. but cant imagine pple snatch the seat from u twice.. +_+ singaporeans kiasu one la.. and kiasee.. bo bian lor..
standing on the 'bf' view, he was out to protect his flower gf .. haha hoping gf got seat to sit so his mind maybe too occupied to look ard the environment for preggies mommies.. as for the aunty, zi tao bo wei gong la... maybe she whole life nvr get to noe any preggies mommies.. hahas..

me still no nid buy nursing bras.. so i cant help much.. but i rmb last yr, i helped my sis bought nursing bras from mothercare.. coz got offer..

vanilla...
aiyo... stupid auntie... so irritating/inconsiderate right? or u take it as a compliment lor.. that ur tummy is still small, people dunno you are preggy? :p i agree that NEL is more crowded.. v hard to get seats.. in general singaporeans are v selfish regardless of age..

anyway u mixed up the date for bb fair liao lar.. it supposed to start on 7th.. this week is toys fair unless u wanna buy toys for ur prince.... nvm lor, go again after ur classes next week...
http://www.ngeeanncity.com.sg/eventspromotions/taka.html
bb fair starts from 7 Aug to 24 Aug

ydae was a bad day for me... Eviana was like moving nonstop in my tummy... cannot rest properly.. sigh.. plus MS came back.. so next time i cannot say/type no MS or that MS is better.. think she pantang like her daddy..sigh...

hi queenie/taslyn

Think back pek chek...ugly singaporeans. Suan le la..like u gals said bobian lor, tats the way singaporeans are. Got good stuff are qiong, got no good stuff for them, all run, as if not their biz.

Taslyn: hope ur MS is better. Damn stupid me la..mixed up all the dates, think i'll make another trip to takashimaya next wk for the fair.

Hey gals..we msn more tonite ya? Me now heading back to PIL's place wif hubby (x 1000 sianzzzz)

queenie..
wahh go fishing.. not scared of the sun? so hot today.. i m dying from the heat liaoz... i dare not fish de woh.. scared of live fish... only dare to prawn.. lol.. but long time never go coz cannot sit for long.. n u know de lar.. sit long, nothing to do, then sure puff de.. :p

vanilla..
u got pregnesia lar.. that y mix up dates..
mai sian abt going to PIL place lar.. at least the mex for u is to see them once a week niah...
i think i will go bb fair oso.. get the rest of the stuff for bb like breast pump n stuff..

keke.. tonite tok on msn.. got things to update.. lol... i confirm not going bkk liaoz
sad.gif
worry abt bb lar.. too much movements n all..

1605630.jpg

hi all,
havent had time to log in much.. by time i finish reading and wana enter something, then bernice is screaming for me.. so many words so little time, even my own blog also hardly can find time to update .. haha

re: bf
preservering but hubby not very supportive cos he say too much trouble and baby nvr seems well fed enuf. i told him i wana try and will give both fm and bm. he's not too convinced. now i will latch him on and after that usu i will still give him fm to top up. fm between 45-60ml. sometimes she doesnt finish so at least i know she is full. breast still sore and engorged even after latching and pumping. pain pain pain

re: sleep
totally lack of it. she likes to sleep more in the day and i'm trying to find things to keep her awake but a 5 day old baby.. really nothing can keep her from sleeping and cying if she wants .. last nite from 1-5am I tried to get her to sleep, every half hr after putting her down she will cry. then i latch her on she suckle abit then doze off for half hr then repeat cycle. finally slept at 5am till 8am then all the way till 12.30pm .. timing all upside down.

will update again soon .. take care ...

my msn [email protected]

my blog http://dardar-babyblog.blogspot.com/

catherine..
bb bernice sure looks like she is having a nice nap... keke..

bf..
i think it really takes time... if it really still does not work, then maybe u give her ebm.. anyway she is still so small, a week old only... give her n urself more time...

tc..
happy.gif

vanilla..
found a thread which coincide with ur MRT episode.. most of the people complaining abt NEL "blind" passengers.. lolhttp://www.singaporemotherhood.com/forumboard/messages/5/1162102.html?1217823584

hi catherine

Aiyoh Baby Bernice is sooooo cute!!!

The engorgement sounds reali bad. Got try to apply hot towel to ease the pain?

I understand tat not having enough sleep is reali tough, but try to catch some sleep whenever u can
happy.gif

BB fair: I got all the dates mixed up...anyway am heading there again this coming wkend

hi taslyn

Ya i read this thread b4 too, read already lagi fed up with singaporeans, or rather ashamed.
sad.gif

hii gals..

sunday fishin @ farmway..
wa altho most of the times im under shelter. but is useless. i still got tanned.+_+ till nw i still feeling super hot..and super slpy..
but still tong to watch korea drama w my hb. coz he off on sun n mon. nw gg to hang my laundry liao..bb

HiHi...

not sure if i'm welcome to join this thread.

I am currently still working, but have alraedy tendered my resignation and waiting for last day. Planning to "Yang Tai" as my body quite weak and be a SAHMTB, unless financially last min cannot, then maybe go find part-time/temp job...

hi gingal,

no worries, all mummies are welcome to join the thread..

so when is ur EDD and last day of work?
i oso quit my job to yang tai... lol.. feel free to join us in our bb banter..

Back