Any SAHM staying in clementi or nearby areas???""

Hi! I'm a mom staying in Clementi....
I used to be an instructor for a popular right-brained school. I'm thinking of setting up small groups of 6 for babies 4months to children 3 years old. Lesson plans are a little similar to the lessons in those in right-brained schools.

Hi Mommyinlove,

Can describe abit how does the class goes about?What do you mean when you mention right-brained lessons?

Hi Clementi mummies,
I am new in this thread.
Anyone knows good english enrichment for pri kids? My girl attends lorna whiston at pandan valley for 2 yrs but seems no improvement in her spelling and writing.
Anyone tried yamaha clementi? Any recommendation of good teacher there.

I'm staying in the west too and I would like to make friends with mummies.
pls add my msn [email protected]

i'm staying in west coast and my daughter is now going to 14mths. i'm a SAHM and sometimes feel lonely for my daughter...

let's meet up if u all are available!

finally able to see a thread of west coast & clementi mummies!
but its nt quite active since last April....

Hi ciarie,
personally it was quite diffcult to locate threads last time as they are not orderly.. and i tend to miss out the thread among others. also there are so many threads to read in this forum!! haha... but it seems more orderly now.

where do you reside ciarie?

hi coolmama,

i'm one busstop away from West Coast plaza, opp the Esso Petrol station...actually just moved in with my in-laws so dunno this area very well also...

wow u have no. 2 already! how are your schedules like?

hi tan hwee ling, i stay in commonwealth too blk 37. which blk are u? I have a 4 yr old daughter... maybe can meet and play together..

hi fufu,
you are very near me!! i am near tanglin sec.

hi hwee ling, your gal and mine no.1 should play well together. my elder is coming 5 this yeaR.

hi coolmama,

you're near me?? sorry i just moved into this area so dunno where tanglin sec is!! Is it near the hongleong market (the one near a temple?)

hi coolmama and all, i stay in clementi. next to the mrt.
i started this thread but became inactive since i got 2 kids....now joining back again. u guys play mahjong?

hi babygap, pretty hard to locate e thread so dun always talk here. Theres another clementi mummy thread dunno where as well.. So clumbersome.. :p I drop u a pm perhaps we can talk thru email instead? U sahm? Lets meet!

Hi all mummies, I was browsing the temp holding place till i saw this thread. I'm also a SAHM since year 2007 and my dd is 15mth old. I stay at blk 507 West Coast Dr. it's seem some mummies are staying near me.
I'm keen joining.

wah so many clement mummies online.

can i join in? the thread is quite long i got no time to read all

im stay sunset way currently but moving to bukit timah soon.

still near to clementi too :>

pm me for my email so can keep in contact or meet up to let our bb or kids make frens :>

I am a FTWM with a 6yr old gal and 2yr old boy.
I stay in clementi west. (2 bus stop from West Coast Plaza)
Please PM for contact so that we could keep in touch.

Im a SAHM of a 29mth old girl staying at West Coast. Do PM me for email if you are keen to keep in touch! =)

My family just shifted to west coast road (varsity park) 2 weeks ago. Hope to know some of the mummies here too

I am now a SAHM awaiting the arrival of third kid.
Staying in west coast drive.
Haven't been to SMH forum for a long long time.
how are all the SAHM coping?

I'm a SAHM with one baby. I'm at West Coast too, Varsity Park.

Hi luvflower, we are neighbours

<font color="aa00aa">Hi Mommies!</font> I'm SAHM in Clementi -- active in e other Clementi thread started '08 by infamous "Shirley". Juz chanced upon diz thread while googling "playgroup in Clementi". I've mt Gingerleaf &amp; Bellgal b4 re ordering Angels Baby Wipes &amp; giving away FM samples respectively.

My princess is Feb '07 bb -- attending CC in Buona Vista. She's been in it since 3.5MO when I went back 2 wk. My prince is Apr '09 bb &amp; I b/c SAHM once he was born. Bt stl sending my gal 2 her CC (shorter hrs each day) so I kan better cope w e baby as we dun wan 2 hv maid. Anyway, last wk I juz managed 2 get my gal e last spot @ Faith Kindergarten's 2011 Nursery Class. So now I'm looking 4 Playgroup for my boy. Some of his Apr '09 cohort attending JG @ Evans Rd bt I dun drive so looking 4 nearer alternatives. Few nites back I saw poster abt Creative Twinkles @ Blk 462 Clementi Heights (opp NTUC). It offers 2hr PG for 18M to 3YO. Onli two timings available. I plan 2 visit e ctr nxt wk 2 chk it out. Wonder any1 here has heard of any fdbk coz I googled &amp; dint seem 2 find any. Or any1 got any other 2 recommend?

<font color="ff6000">Any regular mtgs?</font> Do post or PM me if there r mt-ups. My boy &amp; I also regular in attending Apr '09 bbs gatherings. Our whole family regulars @ West Coast Plz so much dat my B1 calls it her favourite place -- as on wkends we let her hv e animal ride or do painting @ Hans Art.

<font color="0000ff">BTW OTHER THREAD: "Mummies staying at Clementi / Dover / Commonwealth"</font>
http://www.singaporemotherhood.com/cgi-bin/forumboard/show.cgi?353635/1252489

<font color="0077aa">Any1 wanna buy ovr breastpads?</font> I'm stl bfdg B2 &amp; til like Apr was stl experiencing leaks tho my breasts dun get engorged. So I stocked up quite a bit then bt now dun nd liao. Any1 nd? I hv 3 boxes (48pcs i.e. 24 pairs) Tollyjoy bpads 2 let go for $19 (bought $7.90/box) Mt up @ West Coast Plz between 11am-1pm on wkdays. Or Clementi Central sama timings. Do PM me if u wan them. I'm gonna post in WTS later if I got x. B2 crying 4 me now...

<font color="119911">Home Schooling:</font> Actuali, any1 given any thot 2 diz? I'm juz curious, nt reali considering it bt more coz I hvnt chked it out.

<font color="0000ff">ireadnwrite.com.sg:</font> I juz started B1 @ ireadnwrite.com.sg aft she attended FOC 1hr trial. Was veri impressed she cld read 5 words @ end of e trial. Plus itz a veri fun 1-2-1 format: coach child for 5mins, send child to play, then call child back agn 2 coach... There're like 2-3 grps of children @ e class so when B1 goes 2 play, she's got company + nt 2 mention loads of "new" toys! She luved it aft dat trial session so we signed up her 2 attend twice wkly for 1st term. If any1 interested note dat I got e 1hr free trial thru coupon fr Eduguide 2009/2010. Picked up a copy fr 7-11 for around $5 &amp; itz got lotsa info + coupons 2 utilise. Btw, there's a $40 referral fee prog for ireadnwrite. So if any1 do sign up, kan quote moi &amp; we split e fee?

Hi, i'm an experienced pre-school teacher now SAHM. My kids are both 4 and 8 yrs old now. I started doing playgroup style cum phonics teaching with them when they were 2/3 yrs old. Both started reading elementary books and able to spell many words by age 3.

Many parents sent their kids to phonics at the age of 4 and some kids at age 5 still unable to spell or read well. In fact, once a week phonics class is not enuf. At least 2 times a week is more effective. Giving toddlers early exposure to phonics with effective material and fun lesson plan is beneficial. My girl loves reading and without tuition and the need to do assessment book, she's the top scorer for English in P1. Her strong English foundation will not be possible if i did not expose her to phonics at an early age. There are many phonics material sold in bookstores and internet but many are not interesting. The one i have is used by a popular playgroup and my 2 kids love it and listen to it many times which is impt for their learning process.

Thus, I'm thinking of starting a training course to mothers who wants to learn how to teach phonics YOURSELF effectively. It's oso good bonding time with your kids and with those who have more than 1 child, it's even better to do it together. U can bring yr kid along as long as they dun distract you. Lesson plan, CD and material will be included. I will teach hand actions on songs and rhymes as well as ideas on art and craft to make the whole teaching session meaningful.

Details as follows:-
- 6 to 8 week course
- 2 hours per SESSION, once a week
- Weekday morning except Thurs (pls state your preference)
- Time : 9.30 to 11.30 am (time can be adjusted)
- $50 per SESSION (including lesson plan and craft material)
- Phonics Book and CD to be purchase at $20/- per set.
This phonics course is basic phonics comprise of Consonants and Vowels. Suitable for children upto 4 yrs old.

If you are interested, pls email to me at [email protected].

All enquiries are welcome

Appealling to all Clementians sahms,

i am a recent sahm staying in clementi ave.3. My 2boys are 30mths (in childcare) and a 4mths old.

Have just finished my maternity leave and going for no pay leave till next year apr.

My dilemma are as follow :
1) Company might not grant me further no pay leave.
2) Unsure of my work schedule, company can only confirm next year mar.
3)Cannot put infant care as i am doing shift work.

Hence i decided to hire a babysitter who is staying in clementi area and willing to work 6 days a week.

She must be flexible meaning i might need baby (abt 10mths old)to stay overnites on some days or she had to start from 6am till 8pm.

If anyone got recommedation, pse pm me at 97947413 or [email protected].

By the way, i am keen to meet up with all sahms for gatherings too. plse include me in.