Any private investigator to recommended?

No, just inappropriate associations. I checked with my lawyer, she said the court will look at the evidences and will tag it as implied adultery.

I countersued her with adultery as she was the one that started the divorce procedure stating my "unreasonable behaviour" of playing computer games.

but the divorce paper still states as inappropriate associations, and to anyone it's just like meeting with a opposite sex regularly without intimacy. It's really a face saving for her.

If she didn't mind to save her face, she would not have agreed to pay for PI and lawyer fees so easily. U see my point? I feel u might have being play out, since she can get away with the lightest and also get a divorce based on her terms.

maybe u should have insisted as adultery, let her ask to reduce it to inappropriate associations, at least u can bargain for better terms.

Actually, you need to have intimacy to constitute inappropriate associations.

She wants to get over with the divorce fast because she wants to marry her boyfriend.

Maybe I should had insisted on adultery, but what had been done is done. Now my concern are my children.

James K, my lawyer and PI told me this;

1) Adultery; either one married party with another opposite sex going to a hotel or a house without 3rd party. Catch them once is enough.

2) Unreasonable behaviour; 2 of them holding hands, hugging ;ie intimacy; catch them 2-3 times enough.

3) inappropriate associations; no intimacy, but going out together for dating and dinner, have to catch them more times to prove it.

Actually, inappropriate association is a form of unreasonable behaviour. Going out dating without intimacy is not classified as inappropriate associations. In fact, it is not classified as anything outside jealousy.

Unreasonable behaviour can be a lot of things.

For example, my wife asked for divorce due to "unreasonable behaviour" on my side .... for playing computer games (How much more stupid can a person get?)

Whether she is remarried or not, I don't really care. I am more interested in the care and control of my children.

James K, a married women who go out dating with the same guy regularly without intimacy is inappropriate associations.

Yes everything can be unreasonable behaviour, but with photographic evidence like holding hands and hugging, which can be proven, there will be no way to overturn and it more convincing.

whether she remarried or not, there is different. Once she re-remarried, she is not entitled to maintenance. Also if she is pregnant with other party's child, there will be longer chance to get the custody as her concentration will be on the other child.

I have to disagree with your view on the last part you said. Even if she is pregnant with the other party's child, she is still having the upper hand in the care and control of the children. Such is the Singapore law.

I know a few cases where wife committed adultery, pregnant and still get maintenance from ex-husband and custody of the children.

under the law, once she re-married, she can't get maintenance from the ex husband.

I think what Margret is trying to say is, when she is pregnant and too occupied with the other child, then u can try to get the custody.

I know of a ex-colleague who loves his children a lot, and even after the divorce and custody, she still persist. He got a PI to monitor the wife movement and managed to get evidence of the ex wife neglecting the child. But he really spend a lot of money. however to him, the most important is the children to be with him, he didn't care about the money

I don't really care about her maintenance. I am only interested in the care and control of my children.

My wife had always neglected my children. I am always the one at home looking after them. Now, due to the law, I may stand to lose them.

James,

Since she wants to settle the divorce quick in order to marry her bf then tell her to give up the custody and everything will be settled in no time.
Else you gonna drag the process and ruin her planning with her bf. Workable?

Madeline,

Are u refering to the maintenance for the wife? How abt maintenance for the kids? I believe the ex husband still need to pay until the kids reach a certain age, like 21yrs old. Right?

hope everything go well for u. If u really love your children, don't give up the chances to fight for them. This is something I took from the website of our family court,

The Court considers the welfare of the child to be the most important factor in making its decisions on custody, care and control. The welfare of the child is a very wide concept. It includes the child’s emotional and physical well-being. It also includes the child’s education, religious and moral upbringing.

When the Court considers the welfare of the child, some relevant factors would be

• the role each parent has played in the child’s life
• the stability that each parent can offer the child
• whether the child’s existing care arrangements can be left as they are
• the child’s age: care and control of a very young child will normally lie with the mother (if the child’s welfare will be equally met by either parent)
• whether there are siblings: as far as possible, the Court tries not to separate siblings
• the child’s wishes, if he or she is old enough to express an independent opinion
• the parents’ wishes: but it is important to note that this factor comes second to the welfare of the child

James K, I got this article for u. Maybe u wan to take a look.

Child custody issues

Lawyer RAJAN CHETTIAR outlines Singapore’s stance on child custody issues.

In Singapore, child custody laws are twofold. Joint custody ensures both parents raise the child and make joint decisions on matters such as education and medical treatment. Care and control awards care and control to one parent, while the other parent retains visitation rights.

Singapore’s Family Court tends to award care and control to the mother. While this isn’t automatic, it is a reflection of the importance society places on the mother’s role – regardless of whether she is working or a homemaker. If your child is more than 14 years of age and sufficiently mature, he or she can decide which parent they wish to live with. The Family Court Judge will then meet with your child privately, to ensure they are aware of the consequences of their decision.

Fathers often wish to gain custody, but it’s usually an uphill battle – particularly if the mother doesn’t consent. Even a “hands-on” father isn’t automatically entitled to gain care and control. In fact, past precedents have shown a mother can even gain care and control in the following circumstances:
•Left her children and then returned.
•Caused a marriage breakdown, or inflicted violence on her husband.
•Committed adultery, or demonstrated bad vices.
•Unreasonable behaviour as a wife.

One way fathers can gain care and control is to prove their ex-wife is physically or mentally unfit, or has neglected or abused the child, though it may be difficult to gain sufficient evidence to demonstrate this. If you’ve played a significant role in caring for your child – either on your own or with help from family – you can seek a “split care and control” order, which means your child will split his or her time between both parents’ households, however, unless the children do not attend formal school, the Court usually won’t agree to this. Also, the Court does not favour splitting siblings up – as children of divorce find it easier to adjust if they have each other for support.

The Court will consider all evidence and legal arguments before making a judgment in the "best interests of the child", which will outline the following access rights for the non-custodial parent:
•Daytime and some weekday evenings.
•Overnight weekends twice a month.
•School and Christmas/Easter holidays.
•Child or parent’s birthday.
•Overseas travel.

I would not give up any chance to fight for them.

The fourth point is the one I have problem with. My children are only 4 and 1.

point 1 -- I am the one that rushes home to provide care for my children everyday while my wife goes out for her "Amway business". I am the one that brings the children for vaccination 90% of the time. I am the one that attended my daughter's meet the parent sessions and so on.

Point 2 -- I can provide a very stable environment as I had done so in the past 4 years, since my daughter was born.

Point 3 -- No way.

Point 4 -- My achilles heel. Not by my fault, but by the court's default.

Point 5 -- There are two and I would not want to separate them too.

Point 6 -- My children are too young to form independent views.

Point 7 -- It is both our wishes for children to stay with ourselves.

bretrayed, I know about that, I read that before.

I had done many researches on it. All researches prove that it is an uphill battle for men to gain care and control of children. Even if it is proven that the men are the better care provider.

Recently there is alot of posting to relationship problems. It is a good sign to share and learn. For those who are thinking to engage a pi company, please look through the past comments. The 3 private investigator firms which have the most negative comments from mummies are: Kokusai, SK investigations and SG investigator. To do my part, i will show the negative comments about SK investigation. To read about Kokusai and SG investigator, you have to look back the history/past comments. Follow are the comments about SK investigations: 1) Posted on Friday, October 12, 2012 - 10:42 pm:
Oh. I do have a bad experience with one company in geylang call SK Investigations. He also blow up my case and my husband confronted me. My husband mock at me by saying how I get a stupid P.I standby at the carpark exit and follow me.
2) Posted on Saturday, October 13, 2012 - 12:10 am:
Yes I also have similar experience with SK investigations. It seems like he is doing the cases himself with a part time investigator. I asked for a refund.
3) Posted on Saturday, October 13, 2012 - 11:22 am:
I visited SK investigation website and seems ok and I think you are right. The way SK represented himself turned me off. He really think he is a genius
4) Posted on Saturday, October 13, 2012 - 8:04 pm:
Yes I remembered SK investigations. I used him about a year ago. He blow my case off. My husband is already in his 60s and he can tell me he lost the target when he came out from office. On the 2nd day, he lost it at a traffic light. Sigh.... And the worst is my husband is driving a van...
5) Posted on Tuesday, October 16, 2012 - 1:07 pm:
Hey! Your are right! I thought you are just joking. I visited SK Investigation website and saw him calling himself a genius. Oh my God!!! I think he don't know the meaning of genius....
6) Posted on Tuesday, October 16, 2012 - 9:13 pm:
Mikki: I managed to get a refund from SK Investigations. Same as what you say...before hire his service, everything also ok... After hired and paid money, all cannot.
7) Posted on Monday, December 10, 2012 - 12:59 am:
Hello Lawrence, thanks for dedicating your first two posts to such a lengthy cut and paste.

Tort is indeed a very interesting part of law that had banished many sleepy yawns and got many of us lazybones stitting uo in class and regaling over exciting and some hilarious casenotes. The law of tort is indeed very pervasive in our daily lives.

Your two posts look similar, despite the 45 minute time difference in your first and second cut paste posting. Is there something I overlooked that the second post had which your first cut paste did not?

Pls enlighten if so....
8) Posted on Monday, December 10, 2012 - 1:06 am:
Blueblur, Kekeke, good question there leh! ;-) love your candidness! :))

Well, was there anyone in earlier threads who was complaining about PI firm SK security and investigation svs? I never paid much attention to if they had a bad review or good, but I reckon such cut paste posts are either intended as a "warning" salvo, or perhaps an "enlightenment" injection that we can learn plenty from?

New beginning lagi solid! Straight ask "u post wrong thread siboh?" hahahaha, good one there, new beginning!!! Made me laugh and laugh and laugh!

And yes, a good laugh is much needed after a tiring yet fulfilling day... I love candidness! Thank you! Muack Muack!
9) Posted on Monday, December 10, 2012 - 1:14 am:
Actually, Lawrence, while the two cut n paste posts are fine (at least with me...), it would actually help more people on this forum ( since most of us genuine parents come to this forum to lend support, encourage and add value to one another without agenda in mind), if you as the boss of PI firm SK can break the relevant part of tort down into more digestible bits, with case notes and analogies. Analogies and stories typically help many to understand and grasp the word of the letter better. With better understanding, people find it easier usually to make better decisions to derive better outcomes,
10) Posted on Monday, December 31, 2012 - 3:01 pm:
This website is a forum to openly share their views. I am Surprise SK Investigations Lawrence is so incompetant to cut and paste. If Lawrence is so good, he no need to cut and paste.. it seems he is scared and defending. Whatever i said is true, check your records! you are making yourself a fatso fool in your industry. At least kokusai does not reply in anyway like you did. If Lawrence is the boss... then God bless You! You dont threaten people in this forum in this way. BY THE WAY> IF IT IS TRUE, THERE IS NO DEFAMATION!!!! SK lawrence, you dont threaten pple and if you are so good, check your records, find and sue me. So unprofessional with empty results and cheating people with all your wonder stories. Maybe you refund too many cases till you cannot recall. Shish... how can ever such a person like lawrence be in the investigation security... twist and turn with wonderful excuses and now COPY and PASTE. maybe should call himself COPYCAT!!!!
11) Posted on Monday, December 31, 2012 - 5:55 pm:
Elly Choo, if what u claim is true, no need to be frightened by him. From his 'cut and paste' i think he is trying to make u shut up if not his company reputation will be ruined.

It good u highlight bad services u received so that mummies here are not taken for a ride. And if he can post here, someone must have inform him.
12) Posted on Thursday, January 03, 2013 - 3:21 pm:
wow......., elly maybe u got it wrong, he might be talking about the 'genius' part, that he think u wronged him.

anyway, if really he have any EQ, he should not come here to cut and paste to 'frighten' the mummies here. This will seriousily do a lot of damages to his reputation.
13) Posted on Monday, February 18, 2013 - 3:34 pm:
Thank you mothers for writing to me personally and sharing your bad experiences you had with SK. Some didnt get their money back and some had a paid for work done with no pictures. i wonder if SK has so much to write and yet i havent even heard from them after much waiting. Not reliable and too many people that had bad experience. Mummie's out ther, dont be afraid to stand up and tell the industry of your bad experience. i havent even received a letter from them or a letter. This forum is for us to show the good and bad pi's who we encounter and certainly dont want another person to go through the same problem like i did. we pay for value and not some cheapskate pi to cheat our hard earn money and give 1000 words of excuses!! SK is not what they claimed to be at all... i should have followed my gut feel not to engaged them when i stepped into their sk office. some mummies told me they walked out in 10 mins after walking in. SO what is lawrence trying to tell us with his long list of cut and paste... you decide
14) Posted on Monday, February 18, 2013 - 4:04 pm:
if he is good, he will not be afraid of ppl exposing his cheating ways and to the extent of threatening with his 'cut and paste'. whiich i believe he himself don't even understand.
15) Posted on Thursday, February 21, 2013 - 5:05 pm:
i was a victim of SK investigations and i will voice out what happen. Sometime last year i had a problem with my husband and was searching on the internet for a pi firm. When i spoke to lawrence of SK on the phone. he assured me of my case and told me it would cost $xxxx of money and inform me that i have to go down to his office at Geylang to sign the contract and make payment. This is my first time and he told me that it was the procedure. After going down to his office and hearing me again, he then told me a different amount which was 3x more than what he told me on the phone... at my wits end and he told me he was the best and recommended by lawyers and all the pass stories of cases he had done and so i committed. After a week, i called him up and he told me that my husband was not seen and alot of excuses he told me and told me by the end of the 2nd week he would get back to me. At the end of the 2nd week, i called him up and more excuses he gave me... i repeated tried calling again and he avoid my calls and even when i use private number to call him. i went down to his office to look for him and there was no report or photos and all he did was verbally tell me what happen! Angrily i shouted at him and he warn me that he could sue me and i had signed a contract with him. HOW COULD LAWRENCE do such a thing.. mummies out there. please becareful. he squeezed me to my last dollar and i am not earning much. This is so unfair of SK Investigations. i should have read this forum before i engaged a pi. Mummies please be wary of SK
16) Posted on Saturday, March 30, 2013 - 2:33 am:
Oh that is very stuxpid of Sk investigators to cover up his flaws. I saw another website (joke of the year) kokusai. And i did some research and he claim to have some super force in him which the evidence will come to him at the end of the day. There is alot of funny things on his website. For entertainment, you can see his website

Have tried Glen Iris International pet Ltd. Gd service n reasonable price
happy.gif
Check out their website or liaise with the director Mr Richard Koh at 96820755.

I dont't know about the 2 companies. I only have bad experience with KOKUSAI. They are the Worst investigation company in Singapore. He call himself Dr. Magnum who is managed by this indian man of KOKUSAI. When you talk to him, is such a turn off and i have read alot of stories about him. In fact, he have alot of employees that had complained to Ministry of Manpower (MOM) about unpaid wages/salary. Those with the absolute correct state of mind will never use him or KOKUSAI services. Before you have talk to him, go to their website by searching and see the 'catchcheatingspouse' and see the interviews Dr magnum had is really a turn off. Dr. Magnum has slaughtered alot of client using the japanese company name 'KOKUSAI', by using a japanese company name to attract people to cheat is simply not right.

Hi everyone, surely there are alot of comments about kokusai.. I am an ex-employee of Sk Investigations which is located at geylang. I work with them for almost 2 weeks before calling it quits. Lawrence (boss of Sk investigations) is the only full time and the rest of us (which is 3 only) are part-timers. During my interview, he claimed that after working with him for sometime, he would buy me a motorbike which i was impressed at first and he even told me he was previously from the police (which gained my respect). Days into the field work was horrible, i am doing about 3 cases a day running from my place to another under his command. And then i found out later that he was actually from the NS police which he serve his duty to the nation. Back then, i think those policeman during his time of 80s were wearing white top carrying batons. i am highlighting this to everyone out here is for you to know the kind of company you be engaging for your cases.

halimahashid. you are smart to leave Sk investigations in 2 weeks and you are right that he is the only full time staff there and the part time staff keep changing. In fact, he always tell people that he is a ex-CID office in which in fact in actual fact he is a NS boy who serve his national service for 2 years in the police. During the 2 years in the police, doing duties as a sentry (taking down vehicles in/Out).

I think whether or not they have the capability is one thing, if not the police would not have given them the licence. BUT the most important is the person character. If he is a liar or a cheat, no matter what kind of background he came from, his interest is not to do a good job but out to earn money and cheat the customers

I don't think the police issues license based on capabilities. They issues licenses as long as you meet the criteria to be a private investigator

WOW! If Sk investigations boss Lawrence is doing case, what if my husband sees the picture on his website and regonise is him as a p.i... Aren't private investigators suppose to be discreet??

if u wan, PM me. I can recommend u a PI i use before

Hi mummies,

I need some help please. I am looking for a PI (hopefully not too expensive because I won't be able to afford it then) and need some recommendations urgently.

Can someone pls help?

Thank you very much.

hi mummies, if u needs help to get a reliable and affordable Private Investigator,pm.

Don't worry, i have used his service before and he is trustworthy

Hi Sadlivng
I desperately needs a good and trustworthy PI. Please PM me. Thanks

Hi i am a guy and I am looking for a good and reliable PI coz I believe my gf will cheat on me... I mean she met this guy for like 3 weeks and the guy sends her messages like "baby I miss you" and things like that and now he even asking her to go clubbing together just because she mentioned to him that she wants to go clubbing... I really love her and I don't know what to do. I invaded her privacy to check the messages she text the guy and found out like the guy even ask her dress nicely for the clubbing and ask her things like "you want top or below easy?" I am a very sensitive guy... The guy is about to get married coz he shotgun his gf and now his gf using the baby as an excuse to force marriage I want a PI to help get evidence that the guy and my gf are like cheating together? I not sure wah advice you all here mummy can give. Not sure if I came to right place but I am lost... The guy is confirm up to no good. He is a gangster and he is 10yrs older than my gf. I believe he just trying to get fresh things.... Advice please...

Put it this way, she is only your gf, even if you find out she is cheating on you, the next thing will be a break up. Full stop. Any reason why you need a PI to check this for you?

The guy is gonna get married yet cheating so use it on him at his marriage? Like revenge coz he beat me up...? I meant literally beat coz we got into a fight

A. You can send the PI report to his soon to be wife, but he can say its only a fling.

B. He beat you up, did you retaliate? Who started the fight first? If he started the fight first, make a police report. If you started the fight first, then too bad.

Hi

There is a website on private investigators in Singapore. It is a comprehensive website providing everything about private investigator in Singapore, including how to choose one.

You might visit http://www.pi-sg.com. The website should have some recommendations.
HAHAHA, is this a joke?

out of the 6 they mentioned in the website 3 of them have NEGATIVE feedback by the mummies here. How to trust the others.

Also i see the website is not from any company, it's business address is from a HDB flat.

Pls proceed with care before sending your details thru the website

hi depressed05, i send u the contact.

if anyone else wan contact of a reliable Private Investigator, pls pm me

Last edited:

Back