Any mtb/moms staying at Woodlands area?

feline,

the fish decor is great!! Liz likes it so much, shes duplicating more..

send my regards to 'swee-me'
happy.gif

692156.gif

<font color="ff0000">Fire Station Excursion</font>
Date: 3 March 2007 (Saturday)
Time: 9:30am (open house is from 9-11am)
Venue: Most probably Causeway Point

<font color="119911"> I will email the station since we have a rather big turn out. We will be going to Woodlands Fire Station. We will do the usual arrangement, meet at CWP, then drive there together. Around 10mins drive only. We can even go for lunch after that.</font>

1. Feline, Ash & Cay
2. Slquek, hb & JJ (tentatively)
3. cclyn & Zen
4. bbnmum, hb, & Vs (75% confirmed, i waiting for leave to be approved)
5. okmum, AJ, AG, baby AG
6. smallbell & patrick
7. doremon & toddler gal

<font color="0000ff">bbnmum</font>
Your boss always make you BSBH, tell your boss take 1 day leave only
lame.gif

You make me think of food again.. ya boy, we should arrange for supper soon. But our arrangement is always so ed-hoc.. we call.. then we go.

<font color="0000ff">okmum</font>
Welcome welcome.. we are most glad to have another addition to our family
happy.gif

<font color="0000ff">Ling</font>
Sure, will definitely sms you on the time/venue
wink.gif

<font color="0000ff">Smallbell</font>
Hehehe, nowadays, I do pop by Geylang once in a while after class since its just 5mins drive from my school.
proud.gif

<font color="0000ff">cclyn</font>
Gee, you must order 2 plates of $4 then.. 1 for you and one for Z'en. Then Z'en and Ash can go moon/star "gazing" again.
biggrin.gif

I think I better not tell Ash about the trip first, lest she "bugs" me too..

<font color="0000ff">Lach</font>
Hahaha, I love the fish decor too. "Stole" the idea from Ash's school.
"Swimmy" is doing great, moving her (Ash says its a girl) to a "bungalow" house later. Reminded helper to let the kids feed her, to satisfy their crave for "feeding".
ps: she looks like a survivor to me.. whenever we go near her, she will "flare up".. ready to "fight". Hopefully she pass the 1week mark
lol.gif

<font color="0000ff">doremon</font>
Can't think of any caterers at this moment.. but do have a list of nice cakes links
happy.gif

http://www.1bakerstreet.com.sg/index.html 2kg cake for $150. each additional kg cost another $30

http://www.cakeavenue.com/product_category.asp?catid=9

http://www.emicakes.com.sg/cart/number_index.htm

http://www.angiethechoice.com.sg/cgi-bin/angiethechoice.storefront/42e508c800aedca42740ca28e09606ca/Catalog/1006

http://www.bengawansolo.com.sg/products_cakes_cream_21birthday.htm

http://www.fourleaves.com.sg/webtop/cakes/wedding.html#occasions

http://www.thepatissier.com/webtop/Browse/birthday_kids.phtml --> "branded" bakery shop.

http://www.sweetsecrets.com.sg/

http://www.primadeli.com.sg/cakes/index.htm

http://www.yilingcakes.com.sg/21stf.htm

http://www.hotfuchsia.com/bakes_tiered_cakes.html --> load very slow!!!but very pretty cakes~

http://www.ecreative.com.sg/

http://www.coffeebean.com.sg/coffeebean/shop_product.cfm?mcat=1&group=3&from=Buy

Hi Feline,
thanks for the cake input. I've ordered from Patissier, Sweets Secret, Emicake, Bengawan & Angie Choice before & found their cakes superb. Ecreative has unique design cake but taste wise so so.
Headache in getting yummy caterer ..

Hi Ladies
happy.gif

suddenly i see our thread and wah so happy to see so "wang" now!!
crazy.gif

smallbell,
i must meet you one of these days, want to return flashcards to you!

feline,
wah sey! now that you're studying, seems like you have more time? kekeke..chairlady is back!

Ling,
enjoy your holidays!! maybe come back with good news ya!!

Firestation we'll miss that one, hb not keen leh.

<font color="0000ff">Doremon</font>
There is 1 caterer which some mommies from the other thread recommended before. But can't recall at this moment what's the name..<font color="0000ff">lach</font> you able to help? Remember the one you ordered from for R's 1st birthday? That was quite nice...

Hahaha.. sure, we arrange to meet there after my class one of these days. Then we go eat, eat and eat...

<font color="0000ff">Mngo</font>
Wow, another travel bug.. where will you be this time? Remember.. make me green with envy with nice nice pics (as usual)
happy.gif

<font color="0000ff">RIBENA!!!!!!</font>
I am so happy to see you back here
biggrin.gif
How is everything? How was the school scouting?
Its not that I have more time. Just that it's been a very very quiet week in office, thus using morning time in office to do a quick post
lame.gif

Remember to buzz me if you are at CWP hor, I might be there waiting for the kids to finish class.

Feline,

Do you know tat kinderland is also bringing the kids to Fire Station on tat day. My mum just told me last nite.

So most probably I will have to give it a miss since the school is going and I am joining them. Guess wat my mum said, you go ahead with your mummies in woodlands and I bring JJ with the school.

Happy Valentine's Day!

ribena,
how are you doing? sending Ernest to school? i already send small pat to cc and will be back at work soon. No rush for the cards, can return me the next la kopi.

Ling,
As in kinderland go to the same woodland fire station? at what time? we can just meet there.

Fire Station Excursion
Time: 9:30am (open house is from 9-11am)
Venue: Most probably Causeway Point

I will email the station since we have a rather big turn out. We will be going to Woodlands Fire Station. We will do the usual arrangement, meet at CWP, then drive there together. Around 10mins drive only. We can even go for lunch after that.

1. Feline, Ash & Cay
3. cclyn & Zen
6. smallbell & patrick
7. doremon & toddler gal
8. sherhino,Sam & sasha

Feline,
yeah it was nice bumping into you that day!
happy.gif
yep i went to kinderland, joanna attended to me and i agree that the environment is very nice. i particularly like the kindergarten curriculum. but somehow the class for ernest didn't really impress me much
sad.gif

yah now i know your schedule better, i'll try my luck to see if you're ard if i go CWP!

Ling,
so coincidental!! then you join the rest at the fire station lah
you also going down under right?

smallbell,
WHOA!!! next la kopi i must turn up liao! seems ages since the last time i spoke to you. you found a job already? when u going back to work? how is small pat coping? i think no problem lah..he's real easy and friendly! but less one sahm kaki leow..
ok i'll pass you the cards the next time i see you
happy.gif

i'm stopping GUG soon, intend to let ernest go daily PG, but hasn't found a suitable sch. but i went to learning vision, i like it but they only do cc, so now thinking shld i send him for half day cc or stick to PG..*headache*

mngo!
wah envy envy..can pack me in your suitcase? you looking for a hse this time?

Oh WELCOME to okmum and doremon!!
happy.gif

Really?? I was working these few days and has not been bringing the kids to school. The kids are going to Fire Sation that day too? So coincidental
happy.gif

Cool.. if they are really going on that day, then we can just meet there. It will be more fun with so many kids
biggrin.gif

Oh, that day your mom was asking me how come nowadays no more gatherings....
lame.gif

Wow..envy envy envy.... Perth
happy.gif
Ya, you scouting for a house this time round?

<font color="0000ff">Ribena</font>
Hmmm.. why were you not impressed with the class? Aiyah, don't set your standard too high lah..
lame.gif

How is smallpat coping with the cc?
I still owe you some stuff too.. gotto return to you soon
embarrassed.gif

When you going back to work?

695109.gif

<font color="ff0000">Happy Valentine's Day</font>

Greeting is kinda of late....
How did you gals celebrate Valentine's? Mushy Mushy with hubby?
kiss.gif

ribena and feline,
i am bored of sahm life already so this change will be good. Still searching for a job, going for interviews this week. Small pat has settle down on the routine timing in school and that is so different from being at home, where his meal and nap time is never fix.

Mummies,

No lah the school is not going to Fire station lah, my mum heard wrongly. Is we are the woodlands mummies going....

Feline & CWoon,

Did you bring camera to school today for the CNY celebration? Heard from my mum tat all the kids dress up really nice.... so anxious to see.. if i know should actually take half day and bring JJ to school....

Wishing all mummies Happy Lunar New Year in advance
happy.gif

Ling
Tomorrow Zen sch also have celebration leh, I'm will be bringing him to sch
happy.gif

Enjoy ur trip !

Wow good lah.. then remember to bring camera dun be like my mama forgot to bring... but she managed to ask some of the mummies to develop or duplicate for her and she said they even put down her name as Jenny mama for duplication... so me now hoping CWoon got bring a camera and download to our thread for my viewing... hee hee hee

Feline,
no lah, its not standard, its just abt what's i'm looking for
crazy.gif
heehee..
so how did YOU spend your V day!! *cheeky* any hotel recommendations? haa..

smallbell,
hope you get your dream job soon!! ya i agree with you, staying at home always own time own target, thats what going to sch is all about, to learn routine, sharing and independency. so you now very free lah when pat's at cc.
then you still latch him? i very happy to announce i have finally successfully wean ernest off liao..phew! are u looking for full time or part time job?

Ling,
not i busy..everyone is busy!!
happy.gif
i looking ard for sch and house, so usually wkends are always burnt. wkdays i can be quite free, but now festive season mah..so got some programs lah. hey you going which part of Aust?
next time our gathering ask your mummy along!

and before the long holidays start, here's wishing all woodies families a Very Happy and Prosperity Lunar New Year! Gong Xi Fa Cai and have a great PIG year!

<font color="ff0000">GONG XI FA CAI</font>
<font color="119911">Wishing all mummies to be forever youthful!
Wishing all kiddos to be healthy and cheerful!
Wishing all daddies to be successful in their career!
Wishing all healthy & wealthy & happiness!!
happy.gif
</font>

ribena,
Oh good, you also manage to wean ernest. Is he still drinking gain IQ?

I use the cruel way of rubbing lemon. He refuse to drink any FM for a few days then gave in. I still hand express but only get pathetic amount of 20-30ml per day. So he is mostly on FM and now even follow his classmates, drink FM before and after nap time at cc.

705036.gif

<font size="+1"><font color="ff0000">MoRnInG!!</font></font>
Mommies.. how was yr CNY celebration?

I was working that day when the kiddos had their celebration. I got helper to take some pics... but she only managed to take 1 pic of Ash. Ms Loh helped to take 1 pic of Cay in the class... that was about all.. I also have no pics to share...
sad.gif

Keep us posted on yr job scouting... maybe you should just indicate a lower education qualifications in yr application.. if not no companies dare to employ you...
lame.gif

Saw you online.. you back already? How was the trip?

705037.gif

<font color="119911"><font size="+1">Fire Station Excursion</font></font>
<font color="ff6000">Date: 3 March 2007 (Saturday)
Meet @ : Side of road beside OCBC. After the Taxi stand
Time: 9.30am</font>

<font color="aa00aa">Our request has been approved for 10-11am slot</font>
happy.gif

1. Feline, Ash & Cay
3. cclyn & Zen
6. smallbell & patrick
7. doremon & toddler gal
8. sherhino,Sam & sasha

Feline
Noted
happy.gif

Last night, Zen happily told me tat "tomorrow I'm not going to Ah ma house becos I'm going fire stn". I told him not as tomorrow is Tuesday, his face change and look so disappointed
kao_sad2.gif
Wondering wat will happen if I din bring him there..
biggrin.gif

He's now crazy abt it liao, even say he wanna be fireman when he grow up.... *I pengz*

Fire Station Excursion
Time: 9.30am

Our request has been approved for 10-11am slot

1. Feline, Ash & Cay
3. cclyn & Zen
6. smallbell & patrick
7. doremon & toddler gal
8. sherhino,Sam & sasha
9. serene,Ethan & Kate

Above mentioned are my coisuin and her 2kids...they would like to join us too..hope u gals dun mind...

706142.gif

<font size="+1"><font color="ff0000">Morning everyone......</font></font>

pengz..... now he wants to be a fireman? LOL....
rofl.gif

<font color="0000ff">Sherhino</font>
Sure of course... your cousin and her kids are most welcome.. the more the merrier.
happy.gif

<font color="0000ff">PALMER'S vitamin E serum</font>
Found this... applied to Ash's scars and it seems to be working miracles.
Hee hee maybe I should try it on my railway stretchmarks
happy.gif

706149.jpg

Feline
let me know if it really works miracles on your railway stretchmarks hor, i also wanna try leh
biggrin.gif

Sherhino
sure, the more the merrier mah
happy.gif

SmallBell
aiyo, every now and than hor he change his ambition leh... I also dunno wat's next
lol.gif

Hello everyone.I'm back after struggling with my exams. Actually this sat i shld be attending a lesson but hack care lah. Such a stressful CNY

Fire Station Excursion
Time: 9.30am

Our request has been approved for 10-11am slot

1. Feline, Ash & Cay
3. cclyn & Zen
6. smallbell & patrick
7. doremon & toddler gal
8. sherhino,Sam & sasha
9. serene,Ethan & Kate
10. pcs & keira

If it really works.. i think I need to buy 2 cartons to cover up all the stretch marks
rofl.gif

<font color="0000ff">pcs</font>
Long time no see. How have you been? You going to 'pontang" class this Sat? hee hee... go girl...
happy.gif

talking about school, I have 2 projects due very soon too and I have not even started....
lame.gif

How is little Kiera?

706965.gif

<font color="119911">The Price of Children</font>

This is just too good not to pass on to all. Something absolutely positive for a change. I have repeatedly seen the breakdown of the cost of raising a child, but this is the first time I have seen the rewards listed this way.

It's nice.

The government recently calculated the cost of raising a child from birth to 18 and came up with $160,140 for a middle income family. Talk about sticker shock! That doesn't even touch college tuition.

<font color="ff0000">But $160,140 isn't so bad if you break it down. It translates into:</font>
* $8,896.66 a year,
* $741.38 a month, or
* $171.08 a week.
* That's a mere $24.24 a day!
* Just over a dollar an hour.

706966.gif

<font color="ff0000">Still, you might think the best financial advice is don't have children ! If you want to be "rich." Actually, it is just the opposite. What do you get for your $160,140?</font>
* Naming rights. First, middle, and last!
* Glimpses of God every day.
* Giggles under the covers every night.
* More love than your heart can hold.
* Butterfly kisses and Velcro hugs.
* Endless wonder over rocks, ants, clouds, and warm cookies.
* A hand to hold, usually covered with jelly or chocolate.
* A partner for blowing bubbles, flying kites
* Someone to laugh yourself silly with, no matter what the boss said or how your stocks performed that day.

706967.gif

<font color="ff0000">For $160,140, you never have to grow up. You get to:</font>
* finger-paint,
* carve pumpkins,
* play hide-and-seek,
* catch lightning bugs, and
* never stop believing in Santa Claus.

706968.gif

<font color="ff0000">You have an excuse to:</font>
* keep reading the Adventures of Piglet and Pooh,
* watching Saturday morning cartoons,
* going to Disney movies, and
* wishing on stars.
* You get to frame rainbows, hearts, and flowers under refrigerator magnets and collect spray painted noodle wreaths for Christmas, hand prints set in clay or Mother's Day, and cards with backward letters for Father's Day.

706969.gif

<font color="ff0000">For $160,140, there is no greater bang for your buck. You get to be a hero just for:</font>
* retrieving a Frisbee off the garage roof,
* taking the training wheels off a bike,
* re moving a splinter,
* filling a wading pool,
* coaxing a wad of gum out of bangs, and coaching a baseball team that never wins but always gets treated to ice cream regardless.

706970.gif

<font color="ff0000">You get a front row seat to history to witness the:</font>
* first step,
* first word,
* first bra,
* first date, and
* first time behind the wheel.

706971.gif

You get to be immortal. You get another branch added to your family tree,and if you're lucky, a long list of limbs in your obituary called grandchildren and great grandchildren. You get an education in psychology,nursing, criminal justice, communications, and human sexuality that no college can match.

In the eyes of a child, you rank right up there under God. You have all the power to heal a boo-boo, scare away the monsters under the bed, patch a broken heart, police a slumber party, ground them forever, and love them without limits, So, one day they will, like you, love without counting the cost. That is quite a deal for the price!!!!!!!

706972.gif

Love & enjoy your children & grandchildren!!!!!!!

feline
Hi Hi
Just finish my papers.
I'm thinking of skippng sat class BUT just received a mail from my school to inform me SAT class cancelled.......so happy :p

nono.gif
...2 projects leh... u better start soon (me sama sama, always the VERY last min type too.wahahaha)

Keira is "OK' with her lessons at Appletree. Had problem getting her to go for lessons the week before CNy. *cross my finger*

hi

this is my 1st x joining, can someone call me to provide me further details and juz incase i will be late or anything.

Thanks
okmum

Sounds pricey.. but definitely worth it
happy.gif

<font color="0000ff">Kelly</font>
How are Gab and Edward? Wow.. been eons since I last saw Gab
happy.gif

You not joining us for the Fire Station trip?

<font color="0000ff">PCS</font>
Hahaha... this Sat you gotto give me a tip or 2 on how to get 2 projects done last min and still pass
biggrin.gif

Did Kiera just started her Appletree? She settled in yet?
Cayden was doing ok 1st month but has been rather whiny last couple of days too... wonder why..

<font color="0000ff">okmum</font>
U got sms
happy.gif

<font color="0000ff">Doremon</font>
I have PMed you as well
happy.gif

Hi, Mummies,
I have shortlisted the following kindergartens for my girl:
1) Evangel
2) New Life kindergarten
3) Kinderland at Civic centre

Woodlands Mummies, would like you to share with view. Thanks!

feline
I failed one of my paper this semester (unless there is miracle) so cannot give u good advice :p

I read that its normal for kids to start to hate school after 1 or 2 mths coz the novelty of a "NEW" environment would have faded off by then.
Keira also started to hate going to school during the 2nd mth but now more or less settle in already.

Feline,
what a lovely article
happy.gif

what scars are you talking abt?

just a quick log in, do enjoy yourselves at the fire station and remember to post pics!

Yaya,
sorry i can't help much on that cos my kid is younger than yours. but kinderland does have good reviews from some of the mommies here
happy.gif

smallbell,
how's your job search? ernest on friso, he rejected gain IQ which i dun know why. LEMON arh!!! is that really how you wean him off? hey i didn't know you wean off already, i was just guessing cos it shld be difficult to latch since he's on cc now.
for me, i'm really getting tired of latching him when he wakes up and a lot of my time is wasted on the breast!!!!! so i used cold turkey.

cclyn,
zen policeman ah? ask him to be pilot, earn lots of $$$, then can buy you lots of air tickets to travel round the world! and feline will get some too!! hahahah...

pcs,
long long time no hear from you..i want to donate my fats to you!
happy.gif

btw, my hp conked out on me some time ago..finally got one now but becos the damage is really bad, i have lost some contacts in my phone memory. chairlady i will be asking some numbers from you soon hor..?? can?

Back