Any mtb/moms staying at Woodlands area?

Becky_cat,

No lobang leh.. I think Sep also like a bit tough lah...... the 7th month starting liao leh....unless you got any plan as to where to go... with kids or without......

thanks Bee, Beck_cat & oscar, I've started to give 1/2 tea spoon of 冬虫草 powder to my boy every morning, hope to see some improvement.

yes it's time for another gathering..we have not had it for a long time...count me in if any ok!!

<font color="aa00aa">ok im lost here with all the chinese characters.
what are u gerls giving to clear lungs or bu the body?
so far if faiq cough or got phlegm i only give chuan bei leh.

ladies,
omg i just realised our last really big group gathering was last year during fasting month leh.
and this time round fasting month is coming again..
we better have another gathering soon.
i can make it on 16, 24 aug and 1 sept.</font>

hi ling, i have no idea , any way i down with fever again...
lynzi0 maybe after fasting month better for gathering
happy.gif

you just try to cook some soup with chuan bei , chinese almond , pear , red dates, can help clear lungs
happy.gif

bu usually 冬虫草 ( i think english is concedyceps) to Bu " Qi " , depend your child la...

time to rest the cough mixture making me drowsy..

oh i have a BP for my anniversary sale in Aug in case anyone has interest or know some one who has interest do pass around
tks
happy.gif

http://www.singaporemotherhood.com/forumboard/messages/581296/4312674.html?1280765417

Hi Mummies,

Am also staying at woodlands. I have 2 boys. Am looking for nursery/Kindergarten for my boy next year. Any good recommendation? My boy is currently attending Apple Tree Playgroup at Blk 504.

Hi

Anyone tried Star Tots phonics at woodlands blk 832? Its a one hour program that parents can stay as well.

Or anyone got recommendation for parents accompanied program for 2 and 1/2 yr old? only prefer in woodlands or semb.

nagsterak, ur kid still not in sch ah? Still rem me? My boy went to cc and withdraw after he got traumatuised. I send him to GUG every Sunday now.. doing well. Then Sat used to bring him to Little Skool house at amk for music class.. but now the class end le. Now i'm still deciding when to start his weekday classes... I also scared!

hi bluelily

remember u la....

my kid will reenter in Nov to school cos now full. but thinking to send her to some classes prior to starting full time again...

where is GUG ah?

nagsterak, which sch u sending her to in Nov?
GUG got 2 branches, in suntec n novena.. there's another one in the east.. new branch dunno open anot.

nagsterak..

sending your gal to champkids?

Me may be putting my gal at Blk 677 PCF childcare next year... still thinking..

any comments on Blk 677 childcare?

bee
tcher veron haven't decided yet for sept holidays but dec holidays, she is planning something. will let you know. so how's your boy in CMA?

Lily,
AL have not got any cases of hfmd. They are quite strict but sometimes is hard to say. If parents are irresponsible and still bring children in without notifying the teachers, also quite tough.
Saw one of the news saying that some parents brought the children into the CC even though they knew their children got HFMD. U know rashes can be hidden anywhere.

Glad to hear tt Oscar! I think for cc some parents are more despo ba. Cos maybe no one to look after their kids at home. But for kindergarten different ba.. Anyway few hrs only. At home sure got caregiver. If sick then dun go loh.

lily
not true. I just heard from my friend that her girl's kindergarten someone dio and the parents still bring her to school. Teacher didnt notice it until the following day as the rashes spread. It seemed that the rashes started off at the butt area. But the grandparents thought it was nothing so brought her to school

bluelily,

Not sure whether u still remember me. But just to post some words of encouragement for you and ur boy. Since he is ok with GUG,he should have a rough idea on what schooling is abt and this time round should be easier.

Hi oscar,
Thx, keep me in the loop..email me in case...thxthx.
happy.gif

He enjoyed, but me and ny hb are v tired.
Im thinking of swtiching him to civic.
as the parking in chong pang is really bad..and esp the time when we go early am and the time we pick our boy..
The smell make me vomit also...
haiz.
Thus now checking for the avaliable time slots...haiz.

Enrolment for SparkleTots CC at 337/339 had started. the sch will starts in Oct. you can try calling them again.

this yr, my daughter is with PAP Pre-nursery. would like to change her to sparkletots next yr. but they told me if i enter next yr, i would be on the waiting list. vacancy is available for this yr.

Hi Govier,

I just called the centre they do not entertain phone registration hv to go down the centre to register sometime in Oct leh..

Is it all CC dun hv subsidise for the 1st mth?

Hi Precious02,
I called the other day. They sounded as if they r taking in registration already!

Anyway, go down in Oct to see. I dont know about the subsidise thingy.

This thread is more quieter nw. is it bcos of our topic. Heehee...

hi to all mommies,

for those that are thinking of enrolling your 3-4yo child in music appreciation, MYC (music for young children at jelutung cc at sembawang) has 2 sunshine I (for 3-4 yo) sessions coming up....

1 for sat 9am and 1 for sat 1.30pm. The sat 1.30pm still need 1 more child to hit minimum of 4 child to start the lesson (am thinking of putting my gal in the 1.30pm class heehee).

so anyone interested?

hi kate, oscar, the max number of students per class is 6. Min 4.

the sat 9.30am class (starting in dec) already have 4 kids (if I didnt remember wrongly) and 3 of the kids have attended the sunriser class (class for 2-3yo) so they might have abit of music knowledge.

The sat 1.30pm currently has 3 students (incl my gal). The person in charge Sannly, did not mention that any of them have music background.

This is the info given to her via email.. there is no trial but you can go down with ur kid to see the other kids when they are having lessons (classroom has windows). They uses Casio Privia digital piano.

There are some homework to be done at home (the part that i worry most :p).

==========================================

The suitable program for your 3.5 old child is Sunshine program, in which your children will learn about piano keyboard, listening, note reading, theory and music composition. MYC program focuses on piano, it does not teach other instruments.

Students who start at Sunshine (3&amp;4 years old) will take 5 levels to complete (5 levels x 9 months each). Students of the highest MYC level will be ready to go for a minimum of grade 2 ABRSM exam.

Fee structure of Sunshine program is as follows:
1st term (12 lessons, 1 hour each) : course fee $420
Material fee $165 (for 36 lessons per level)
2nd term (12 lessons) : course fee $360
3rd term (12 lessons) : course fee $360
Registration fee : $30
Class size : maximum 6 students with 6 parents and 6 pianos

You are welcome to bring your children to visit our studio and view the ongoing classes (outside the classroom) and browse through the course materials to have a better understanding of MYC program.

Timing of ongoing Sunshine classes at MYC Sembawang for viewing:

Mon : 5.30pm &amp; 7pm
Tue: 7pm
Thur : 7.15pm &amp; 8.30 pm
Fri : 7pm
Sat : 10.15am &amp; 4.30pm
Sun: 10.15am

New Sunshine classes at MYC Sembawang are:
Sat 1.30pm (starting end Oct/ early Nov)
Thu 7pm (starting Dec/ Jan)

MYC Sembawang is located at #04-02 Jelutung Community Club, about 5 minutes walk from Sun Plaza/ Sembawang MRT.

Meanwhile, you could view the video clip on our website : www.mycsingapore.com.sg , if you have not done so.

Kindly call us prior to your visit in case the class is cancelled.

Please do not hesitate to contact me at 61001316 if you have further queries.
Thanks!

Hi, i'm an experienced pre-school teacher now SAHM. My kids are both 4 and 8 yrs old now. I started doing playgroup style cum phonics teaching with them when they were 2/3 yrs old. Both started reading elementary books and able to spell many words by age 3.

Many parents sent their kids to phonics at the age of 4 and some kids at age 5 still unable to spell or read well. In fact, once a week phonics class is not enuf. At least 2 times a week is more effective. Giving toddlers early exposure to phonics with effective material and fun lesson plan is beneficial. My girl loves reading and without tuition and the need to do assessment book, she's the top scorer for English in P1. Her strong English foundation will not be possible if i did not expose her to phonics at an early age. There are many phonics material sold in bookstores and internet but many are not interesting. The one i have is used by a popular playgroup and my 2 kids love it and listen to it many times which is impt for their learning process.

Thus, I'm thinking of starting a training course to mothers who wants to learn how to teach phonics YOURSELF effectively. It's oso good bonding time with your kids and with those who have more than 1 child, it's even better to do it together. U can bring yr kid along as long as they dun distract you. Lesson plan, CD and material will be included. I will teach hand actions on songs and rhymes as well as ideas on art and craft to make the whole teaching session meaningful.

Details as follows:-
- 6 to 8 week course
- 2 hours per SESSION, once a week
- Weekday morning except Thurs (pls state your preference)
- Time : 9.30 to 11.30 am (time can be adjusted)
- $50 per SESSION (including lesson plan and craft material)
- Phonics Book and CD to be purchase at $20/- per set.
This phonics course is basic phonics comprise of Consonants and Vowels. Suitable for children upto 4 yrs old.

If you are interested, pls email to me at [email protected].

All enquiries are welcome

It has been a long time since I come into the thread.

How have all of you been????

Our thread become so quiet too.

Reviving this thread.

Finally, i hv moved to Sembawang. But my hse is still in a mess and dusty because renovation work is still in progress.

Re MYC
i have given up after one term of Sunshine program. Why? I can't manage the homework part. Felt it was terribly unfair for my girl and of course, waste of money. Will give it another go when i am more or less settle.

Anyway, i have signed up quite a few enrichment classes for my girl. Still monitoring the classes and also, always checking with my girl whether she is enjoying the lessons, how's the teacher etc.

Enough of me. Any updates from the rest of the mummies?

Ling,
How are you? You stay in Sembawang, right? Which part?

bloom
everyday must practice at least 5 to 10mins. if possible, do not miss any lesson. My girl missed a couple because i could not make it due to work and house issue. Went back and could not catch up with the lessons....sigh.

Will sign up music lesson again when i hv settled all my house stuff.

wesim, thanks for the comments.. and i thot its very relaxing cos its music appreciation.. :p

maybe if its really very difficult then iwill swtich her to yamaha after 1 term... eheehee

bloom
so long your girl sign up for any music lessons (above the level of just music appreciation), must practice at home lah......cannot escape. One parent must be very 'on'. Yamaha also the same lah.

i just need to settle down and adjust my schedule. So once everything ready, i will sign up music lesson for my girl again. Should be next year liao, as i am still pending for one more enrichment class's confirmation.

Hello everyone

I am new to this thread because I am new to Woodlands estate.
Can any parent here pls share your experience or information about the following schools because I understand that most of the primary schools need balloting at phase 2C (thinking of applying for PV) :

1) Woodlands Ring Primary School
2) Admiralty Primary School
3) Greenwood Primary school

Have read their websites but still think that woodlands residents can share more info.
Thanks in advance.

Hi pearl5,

Im opting for admiralty pri..the other 2 will be my reserved option..hehe.

Calling for <font color="ff0000">OSCAR!</font>
I receive a dec holiday prog from Teacher Alice.
She passed it to my MIL, and i was thinking Tumbletots changed their name to Happy Brainy Kidz??

I saw their progs..phew..4days=$180.
Interesting and i believe my boy wana go for this, as he enjoyed teacher Veron's prog very much the last time..
happy.gif
happy.gif

U??

<font color="0000ff"> hi ladies, i have an workshop that is specially for ladies... of

Achieveing Beauty Naturally
we have invited Taiwan's renowned Speaker with more than 20 yrs of experience .

it a rare chance to meet her in singapore and she is conducing a <font color="ff0000"> personal consultation for everyone during this workshop...</font>.

so dun miss this workshop..

<font color="ff0000"><font size="+1">\Preview video here
http://www.originsjamumassage.com/Invitation.html</font></font>

Date : 6 Nov 2010 ( next SAt)
Time: 130pm to 530 pm

hope to see you guys there !!!

do share with your friends, collegues, girlfriends too ,.
happy.gif
</font>

Back