Any mtb/moms staying at Woodlands area?

db, agreed wit u.. how come now our parent become grandparents their behaviour totaly change not like previously treat own kids so strict???

Jane, dunno leh. I think as people get older their perception of right and wrong get shifted. Everything is grey no longer black and white. I was really shocked with her respond. I never expect such values from her. Very sad.

hi bee, my gal started her CC today. so far so good as per nanny. she cry a little after nanny left during lesson time. not sure abt the half day mandarin half day english thing, may be will check with Kinderland tmr.

hard to comment on first day.

Good morning mummies.

Wendy,
i went to infant cottage yest. hmm, abit wori abt the loc thou Joy said she will get back to us on the transport.
My hubby & i still considering lo. Went to pre-school kinderland again, manage to get 1 morning slot, heng!
Have to confirm with them by this week.

hmm, so now considering which one to choose.

Im sorry, blur me..saw ur gal os attending the CC-half day..yah..
happy.gif

juzyounme, at least your mil is the kind who is not strict in the first place... for my mum, she was damn strict one lor... suddenly i heard such comments from her, i was damn shocked at her attitude... i mean this kind of litter can cause people to slip and fall if the person did not see it... how can someone be so irresponsible like this and this someone is MY MUM! geez... i really got nothing to say to her already... from the day she says that comment, my perception of her has totally changed... i am so disappointed

<font color="aa00aa">db,
wow...getting better and better at baking!
i can understand your sentiments on that issue.
had a hard time with my fil actually.
that was why i decided to resign and take care of my boy more.
when i told my mum about watever unhappy incident that i had with my fil...like feeding my boy cream crackers...my mum said i'm being very petty.
i was very firm about how i want my boy to be brought up.
i'm sorry if i slighted anyone but this is MY son..so please follow my rules.</font>

kao_babydust.gif
GOOD MORNING all mummies!
kao_babydust2.gif

db, lynzi, me too have the similar encounters.
my mil is still okie, but then im just fed up when i have give-in to her for her ECAs(dancing classes/singing lessons/performances etc during weekdays nites), which sometimes me and my hubby have to drive fast after knocking off frm work, to fetch my son frm her. There are times when we get so unhappy abt such cases that we quarrel.!haiz..! its so damn silly and making us soso rush till we cant breadth after a hard day of work! she gives a veri unhappy face even to me as her dil when im late fetching my son, but that is due to my work man! it so fustrating at times! sometimes i will get so unbalance till i will quarrel with my hb.veri sad lo.and after that i have no choice but to give in as i can only rely on her to take care of my son during the daytime when we are out working! sometimes see my hb working so hard and yet her mother dun see it! is our lives less impt than her activities,i will ask myself! i cant say much abt his mum nowadays as he will feel bad in front of me and our mood will swing when i comment on her.hai.no choice but to voice this out here..pls pardon me hor.
happy.gif
thx. haiz!

Nowadays my hb is asking me to resign since he will be going for his pre-N2 this coming jan.
As i also accidentally told him it will be good if i can personally send him to his class then we won have any issue in considering the distance of the school we are opting, and issues his mum will have for sending/picking him to/frm school.wah..a lot of things to consider becos of his mum involvements.haiz.!
But till now i still insist that i will consider being a FTM only once my contact ends next march.
hmm..i am a hot-temper person so i just cannot imagine me being a FTM and wat will happen next..me being more hot-temper??wah..
sad.gif

moreover period now is so bad, if i really resign then my hb will have even more stress in supporting the family!rite? and his company is somemore more unstable type than mine which is supporting by EDB.hmm.it is really tough..to make such decision whether to be FTM.

lynzi, maybe u can share more of your feelings after becoming a FTM?..thx.

<font color="aa00aa">bee,
i cannot tahan the way my fil is...that's why i resigned.
i only worked for 2 months after i came back from maternity.
i do wana go back to work but i'm scared and very apprehensive of what will happen.
i dont want my son to get spoiled with the wrong food and wrong values.
my fil is working but that time when i was working and placed my son there...he took lots of leave to come home..then took my son out without even telling me or hubby.
my mil wanted to ask me but he said dont need and told her not to call me.
when i called their house like mad..there's no ans.
of cos i panicked...what if sth is wrong rite?
sighhhhhhhhhhhhh</font>

<font color="aa00aa">this is what i made last nite for my playdate today.
1900618.jpg
1900619.jpg

this is what i made this morning for my hubby's breakfast.</font>
1900620.jpg
1900621.jpg

grace, mine is the stand alone oven... brand is Tefal... but i must say that if you try to follow recipes from books or website, the temperature and duration will be different... so you got to trial and error... like example, lynzi brownies recipe, she can bake for just 15 minutes and it is done, mine took slightly longer... other then that I have no complains with this oven...

lynzi, thanks for the compliments... ur marble cake looks good...

lynzi/bee, that is why i took no pay leave to take care of the children because i want to make sure everything is done according to my style...

juzyounme, for now the kids are with me so I have no worries... i will only go back to work in Sept next year... so I got to leave my boy in her care for about 2 months before my school holidays start again... then when my boy turn 3 years old, maybe will send him to preschool 3hrly daily to lessen the contact and when he turn 4 yrs old I will send him to full day child care. if at 3 years old he is ok with childcare centre then I will send him to childcare centre earlier... see which one he is ok with lah...

*eniale* (eniale), thanks for asking. Still will feel nausea on and off..Last nite I vomitted all the food after dinner. Had a glass of milk before going to bed. This morning went to toilet 2x and gastric pain, went to see doc and had MC today. what a long queue! Seems like it is the season of people falling sick! I waited from 9am till almost noon. Anyway I am feeling much better now. Hahahaa..I always feel like puking whenever I change my gal's diaper esp after her poo. So now my dh changes them for me. I was so worried abt my bb in my stomach, the GP actually did an ultrasound scan on the spot to ease my worries so nice of her but of course need to pay for the scan lah. But I think for a piece of mind, I don't mind lor. The GP also commented about my face problem and recommended some antibiotics for my face but I dare not take even though she assures me it is safe. My thought is try not to take so much medicine unnecessarily. Nothing is 100% foolproof. I alreaady hesitate to go see doc in the first place but I need to take MC to rest from work. No choice lor. If can, I dun feel like working at all, kekekeee...

Thanks Bloom (bloom75)!

Wendy Sim (wesim), sama sama for me. I have easy pregnancy and labour. No sufferings at all and during confinement, I dun really follow all. Bathe everyday, drank alot of plain water, ate less ginger cos my gal had jaundice, did not wear slippers.

Hi db (dryperbaby), you are not petty and I agree with you about teaching the right values to the kids. In fact my fil has been telling me to teach my gal now all the right stuff and stick to it. Otherwise it is very difficult to reverse back and they will not listen to you anymore if you dun follow what you teach. Must set the correct example. If need to discipline, then you do it with no hesitation. Now my gal is like a little actress. Will use cry to manipulate us esp to those like my parents who will easily succumb to whimpers. Because of that I am contemplating to better put her in cc instead and not spoilt by my parents.

<font color="aa00aa">grace,
best stand alone oven is baby belling.
BUT its quite big.
if u wana do heavy duty baking and roasting, etc..then this is really good.
u can try kenwood, ariston or tefal.

like wat db said, different ovens are different.
stand alone ovens will take longer to bake something cos the watt/ power is lower.
mine is a build in as i have very limited kitchen counter space...therefore when i bake it gets cook faster also.
that is why the toothpick test is the best guide.
HTH</font>

lynzi (lynzi1606), what toothpick test are you talking about? Remember I asked abt bread recipe? My family is baking home-made bread all of us to consume and is using sharp convention grill microwave oven. I din know microwave oven also can be used to bake..kekekeee...

to db and lynzi, thanks a lot for the info
happy.gif
been to courts yesterday, found some oven doors are not air-tight, will the heat leaks during baking?

to mira,just steps away from you,shall we meet up one day?

<font color="aa00aa">clovy,
not all microwave ovens can bake hor.
my mum's one can but i dont like to bake using it cos the heat distribution is not even..
so some parts will end up chao tar while some will still be pale white.

grace,
if the oven door not air tight then it can be used to bake cookies but not cakes or breads.
cos if air from outside enters, the cake or bread will sink and result in a heavy cake or bread.
HTH</font>

hi, bee, the coffee shop near fuchun CC there is very good. That coffee shop, most of the stalls open in day time. At night, only the zhuchao and one or two more stalls open. The boss is a fat lady boss, very nice. The food is good and not expensive, portion is big. Next to last time McDonald.

X'MAS PARTY

Date: 20th Dec 2008
Time: 1000hrs - 1600hrs
Venue: MPH at Woodsvale

Gift: S$15.00 (one gift per child)

Attendance:
Ling &amp; JJ
smallbell, hb &amp; patrick
lynzi, hubby &amp; faiq
cclyn &amp; Zen
dryper, hb, n &amp; z
bbnmum, hb, V &amp; V
Miki, hb, Kaelyn
Vanessa, hb &amp; Gia
sherhino,hb,sam &amp; sha
jl, hb &amp; ian fahmy
clovy, hb &amp; my gal
daisyt, hb &amp; young lady
feline &amp; meowies
batman, V, X &amp; hb(TBC)
pcs &amp; keira
lachesiz, hb &amp; kiddo

We couldnt book the mph for the evening slot so mummies pls update if you cant make it.

X'MAS PARTY

Attendance:
Ling &amp; JJ
smallbell, hb &amp; patrick (late)
lynzi, hubby &amp; faiq
cclyn &amp; Zen (will be there after 11am)
dryper, hb, n &amp; z
bbnmum, hb, V &amp; V
Miki, hb, Kaelyn
Vanessa, hb &amp; Gia
jl, hb &amp; ian fahmy
clovy, hb &amp; my gal
feline &amp; meowies
pcs &amp; keira
lachesiz, hb &amp; kiddo

We couldnt book the mph for the evening slot so mummies pls update if you cant make it.

i will be late too as i m working.

What time is the gift exchange??

X'MAS PARTY

Attendance:
Ling &amp; JJ
smallbell, hb &amp; patrick (late)
lynzi, hubby &amp; faiq
cclyn &amp; Zen (will be there after 11am)
dryper, hb, n &amp; z
bbnmum, hb, V &amp; V (late)
Miki, hb, Kaelyn
Vanessa, hb &amp; Gia
jl, hb &amp; ian fahmy
clovy, hb &amp; my gal
feline &amp; meowies
pcs &amp; keira
lachesiz, hb &amp; kiddo

bee - i look at the spee until confused. which weight of the honey r u getting and how much is it? was thinking of getting for a gift.

Have sth which i wonder experienced mums here can share with me. Was discussing with husband on our future schedule after baby is born. But we are kind of unsure what to expect.

Most likely my husband will be bringing the baby to infant care about 7+am before going to work and i will be collecting the baby by 7pm in evening. This routine will start when the baby is about 3mths old. understand that it's still abt 2-3hrs frequency of feeding.

We are wondering:
- until which month then we do not have to feed baby 2-3hrs?
- if we r introducing semi-solid food abt 4-6mths, should it be for both lunch n dinner and in between how often to feed milk?
- so at 6am, should we wake baby up for a feed, or just let baby zzz &amp; bring to infant care?
- after bringing baby home from infant care, what should be the routine? feed baby, play w baby, bathe baby, feed again, read to baby, baby zzz?

Thank you.

hi clovy,
Seems like maybe this time round you are expecting a BOY...keke....just guess-guess.

Do take care.

hi bee,
If you intend to give your boy the best of all things, please do not give up your job unless your MIL is really the you-can't-stand type.

But, if you really do want to be a FTM, take this means test: As of December 2008, do not spend a single cent on your salary. Just rely solely on your husband's take home pay. If you can survive like this for the past six months...congratulation, you are on the way to become a FTM. What's more, you have savings for the past six months.

hi juzyoumne,
Every babies are unique. That's why we mothers have 3 (now 4 months) of maternity leave to know our babies' character. So, our answer to your questions may vary hor.

- Breastmilk is more 'diluted' than formula milk. So, if your baby is always the hungry type, then every two hours there will be one feed. My girl can scratch to 3hrs. When she turned 3 months, i fed her formula milk at night, can scratch longer and also i can sleep!

- You do not introduce food (not even ceral) until they turn six months old, unless special instruction from your PD. I have to give my girl Nestle ceral (only once a day) when she was five and a half months old becos my PD find her too pettie. At about eight months, she went solid for twice a day. She will drink milk after every 3-1/2 hrs interval. I cannot give a lot to my girl as she will vomit.

- You need to communicate (lots of it) with the staff/nanny at infant care. They should have a journal for each baby.
As for waking the baby for a feed, you need to play by ear liao.

- You need to check with the staff again whether they have bathed the baby when you collect him at 7pm. Usually, i do not bathe my girl after 7pm becos scare that she will catch a cold (especially for babies).
I would suggest talk, sing (lots of it) with them becos he has not heard your voice for the past 12hours!!
Bond, bond and more bonding. But, no 'heavy' playing becos they will become very active and refuse to sleep. Music or singing will be good.

Back