Any mtb/moms staying at Woodlands area?

lynzi, last weekend we went to malacca... we stayed at Equatorial Hotel... it is near two shopping malls... it was a nice trip... the two kids enjoy themselves... have you stayed at A Famosa Resort before or any mummies stayed there before? any comments? i was thinking maybe next time i wanna try staying there...

talking about cockroaches... i hate them... so gross... in fact i can't stand insects... yesterday i was cleaning the house and found a dead cricket... gross... dunno where they come from... sometimes rainy season these insects tend to enter the house more often...

Hi Batman

So your son will be in the afternoon session too.

I'll be going for the Orientation next Saturday, 22 Nov.

I guessed i'm lucky cos my co not only give us increment and our bonus are good too.
happy.gif
But co had warned us that next year will not be this good.

Mummies whose children in primary school already, is it true that in the near future all the primary schools in spore will be converted to single session only? If true, do you know when? I hear colleagues talking one even said its in the news sometime ago but dunno when this will start.

db (dryperbaby), I pm u le. Ok u let me know how you derive to your conclusion after I share with you the gender the next time.

clovy started already...but some school due to space issue still hv 2 sessions...Evergreen Pri for instance..Pri 1 and 2 r in afternoon...the rest r in morning session

dun know how true:read on
Voluntary Recall of Some Mamex and Mamil Gold Products by Danone Dumex Due to findings of Book Lice on the Outside of the Unopened Foil Seal of a Few Products

Danone Dumex Singapore has notified AVA that the company is conducting a voluntary recall of some Mamex and Mamil products in Singapore because book lice was found on top of the unopened foil seal of a limited number of the products. There was no book lice found in the products. Details of the affected products are described below.

Outer shipping cartons used to pack the affected products were identified by the company as the possible source of the book lice.

Consumers need not to be alarmed by the recall as there is no indication that the products have been contaminated. AVA has also not received any complaints of this nature.

Consumers may contact Danone Dumex at Tel: 1800 265 3188 (Monday – Friday; 9am – 6 pm) should they have any questions regarding the recall.

Product details:
Mamex Gold Step 1 – 700 g
Mamil God Step 2 – 700g
Mamil Gold Step 3 – 800 g Regular and Honey

Safe Use of Polycarbonate Milk Bottles

Bisphenol-A is a chemical used in the production of polycarbonate plastics, which is used worldwide in food-contact applications such as baby bottles and reusable water bottles. Recently, there are some scientific debates on the negative health effects from exposure to bisphenol-A in infants. However, there is still no international consensus among the food safety authorities in major developed countries and among the international scientific communities that bisphenol-A poses a health risk to infants.

Meanwhile, parents can follow the following steps on the safe use of polycarbonate baby bottles to reduce your baby's exposure to bisphenol-A :

(a) Do not put boiling water in baby bottles, as hot water causes bisphenol-A to migrate out of the bottle at a higher rate.

(b) Boiled water should be allowed to cool to lukewarm in a non-polycarbonate container before transferring to baby bottles.

(c) Baby bottles can be sterilized according to instructions on infant formula labels and should be allowed to cool before placing infant formula into them.

(d) Parents who are concerned about using polycarbonate baby bottles can turn to other alternatives such as glass bottles.

Consumer Advisory - Update on products detected to contain Melamine

AVA has detected melamine contamination in three additional China-made products. Melamine has also been detected in 17 biscuit products from Malaysia.

The latest detection brings the total number of affected products to 33.

hi mummies, have been very sick for the past few days. Very bad cough, esp at night. Cough till tummy muscle ache ....

Regarding get rid of cockroaches, those traps from supermarket quite effective too. Can also put pandan leaves or lemon on those areas where cockroaches are easily breed or found, eg. near dustbin chute, under the kitchen basin cabinet ...

Hi, mummies, Im fm woodlands too. would like to enroll my kids for swimming class during school holiday. any recommendation? thanks

hi lynzi, im very sori abt yest. In a bit of rush as need to fetch my boi by 630pm frm my MIL'plc.
And she is leaving for her appt then lo..so hai. im very sori.
Anyway, im glad can make it to see you.
happy.gif

You look slim and young..
happy.gif
thx.
I Enjoyed your muffins and will be taking your brownie later during lunchtime.
happy.gif
thx so much..

<font color="aa00aa">db,
whoa!!!
your brownie sure looks nice.

bee,
it was nice meeting u.
so sorry i was late.
i was from amk and traffic was real bad yesterday evening.
hope u enjoyed the muffins and brownies!</font>

Good afternoon, mommies...
Enjoy your lunch???

Was attend 2 days course just back to office by today.

Really bad news for me, next year my office will relocate to Tampines, so far from Woodlands to Tampines. Currently located at Raffles Place, although from Woodlands still very far but compare to Tampines, really worse....Now economic so bad, hope can find new job before my company shift...:) any mommies got lubang pls let me know :) I'm in shipping &amp; logistics field.....

hi Jane
Woodlands bus interchange got bus going East... u may want to check it out

hi bee
me too working in pasir pangjang area... at science park II.. very far away fr home
sad.gif

Hi Cclyn,
Yes, can take bus 168 from Woodlands bus interchange to Bedok via Tampines... The journey around 45 minute to reach Tampines if no jam... Don think during morning hour the traffice will be smooth..:) Troublesome

vivi, oh i see.... my gal will be joining N2 next year... hope she will be able to adapt... by the way, everyday what things you need to pack for him in his schoolbag?

Hi Cclyn,

I working at Tampines too, bus journey from Woodlands to Tampines IKEA takes slightly less than 45 minutes. Most of the time no jam in the morning unless got accident.

Anyone with kids at Evergreen Primary going to primary 3 next year ah?

<font color="ff6000">Juzyounme,</font>
Yes, that's the one. Opened in Oct.

<font color="ff6000">Mira,</font>
I m a SAHM. Not a parent volunteer. Not free for this. I still hv a younger DD to look after.

My DD P2 textbooks? Sorry, i cant n dont dare to sell you. Cos my DD make a mess of them. It's either the cover r tear or lots of highlighting in her books. The worse is my DH wants her to keep all her books. I still hv her playgroup books n worksheets! hehehe....

Dear Mummies, I'm looking for toys (non-furry ones) &amp; books for infant (boy). Anyone has any of these to give away, do let me know.

VQ - that one hor, i called centre today to check out infant care. their infant care still not opened yet until prob end of Nov... will visit if i have not popped n see how.

<font color="ff6000">Juzyounme,</font>
I just want to check whether the ctr is non-aircon.i left a message for the ctr principal to call me back but after 1 wk nvr call. My DH n i then go down to the open house. and nw, they r TOTALLY OUT fm my CC list. Lousy service!

Good morning all mummies!

Hi cclyn, me too in SPII. Opps scarlee, we are working in the same company.haha
happy.gif

Hi daisy, no lah.. lyzni is very kind to let me have some of her samples and so next time i have party i can order from her.
happy.gif

Morning mummies
happy.gif

Hi bee
so coincident! we might be in the same building lor.. might have been seening each other everyday... kekeke :p

db,

oh N2, the teacher teaching N1 this year will cont to teach the students in N2. She seems okay. The students love her alot. Shes a malay.

Will pack

1)School Jumper, towel
2) diaper for nap
3) Milk bottles
4) milk powder
5) water bottle
6) creams (if applicable)
7) 2 set of spare clothes
8) wet bags
9) snacks

vivi, thanks for the list... I will take note of that... what is wet bags? i think i know which one is the teacher... that time when i visit the centre I saw her teaching the class...

<font color="aa00aa">db,
wetbags are for storing wet things like swim suit, towel, soiled diapers, etc.
the other day my fren was doing a bp on it.
gorgeous prints!</font>

Hi mummies,

any of ur kids happens to be in Kinderland at Civic centre / PCF Sparkletots (just opened recently) at blk 894D? Pls share your opinion here. Thanks

Danryan - i'm into 34 wks, that's 8.5mths. ok, i will c u on Sat.

VQ - The ntuc cc opposite Marsiling MRT is air-con. u want air-con or non-aircon?

Morning mummies..

Cant sleep well.. yesterday went to see gynae.. am 33 weeks now and doc say gonna induced me
when im 37-38 weeks.. dun wanna wait till full term..
High risk as im on insulin jabs.. Now praying hard that bb wanna come out by then.. if not, worse have to cut leh..

Lynzi,
have u visit ima yet??
Tot of going on sat or sun aft.. wanna go together.. let me knoe..

<font color="ff6000">Good mrning mummies!!!!
happy.gif
happy.gif

*Yawns!!!! *

JL.. oh dear..thats bad.. hopfully u have a successful delivery ya!!.. another mth to go!! Jia you!!

clovy.. how yr pregnancy gng on?.. having bad mrning sickness now?.. hope u r alright..
happy.gif
happy.gif

lynzi.. I also wan yr brownie &amp; muffins!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! :p:p</font>

hi mommies..long time din come in...

wendy.. but i think the fish at prime also not very fresh leh..esp the cod fish which i buy rarely... kindermusik sounds good!

VQ..wah.. other pp are also welcome to the halloween at woodgrove? if yes next yr i wana join! look so fun! when i read the word 'simple english' i remember those conversations me and my colleague have about 'maids' .. u know, only know Yes, or No... that is simple english (which of course is not what we expect for CC teachers!)

lynzi, ur boy is cute! next time i know who to look out for liao (since we leave near each other..) do u need a big good oven for baking brownies or will those small oven toaster do?

eniale, re dentist, i went to universal near khatib.. if its only polishing and scaling, the charges can be as low as $40

bee, any recommendation abt hair loss frmo the medicinal hall? my sis went for those hair treatment but must go regularly

clovy, congrats!
happy.gif

Jane, can take express bus to tampines..either 965 (or 969) or 168 (i think..)

JL, why doc wan to induce? wht is the wgt of the bb now...

Good morning mummies. Friday liao.

Hi Julie,
Take care of yourself.

Nowadays, no fun to go shopping as need to save more $$$
kao_sad.gif

Back