Any give birth Mummy that live in yishun ??

teenoyl,
We almost sent our girl to Carpe Diem (3rd flr of polyclinic) but there is a thread sometimes back saying they retrench a teacher who don't co-operate with the management to "cheat" parents.... Not very sure of the details.

My girl is attending Lutheran Yishun at Blk 124.
She is attending hf day morning. After subsidise, we paid $185. The centre do not provide transport. We arrange transport ourselves.

The one at safra is it Eager Beaver? Quite exp leh.

My hb always wanted to send her to Lutheran. They only take in child at 24mths and there is no playgroup. She joined the older boys/girls in the same nursery class.

Hi! Good that u gave up the idea of CD... me withdraw mine... the sch actually call the mother who started the thread to write s'tin NICE coz if nt it will affect the sch...

BTW, My boys are 23 mths and 5 mths.

I have Isomil 400gm for sale, anyone interested? It's actually for my 23mths boy but he stil got those allergy spots aft changing... so may ned to change him to goat's milk...

lame.gif
Duchess
Sad to say, I did not drop-by to look-look see-see last Fri cos BB a bit cranky.
crazy.gif
So after jab, take a cab and went straight home. Next month maybe? But I also do like the idea of them not sharing their space with other older kids.

lame.gif
BabyCutie
Oops not the one at Safra (mistook it with Eagle Beaver at Safra Mt Faber), the one I narrowing down is at OCC - The Little Skool House On The Green. I noe its very X. Full day is abt $800/mth.. But I duno why I like it leh.. Mayb the environment.
kao_confused.gif

Hee!hee! I cant send him to Lutheran, right? There's a centre at blk 174 (i think) thats run by malay organisation (AMP).. But too bad they dun offer Chinese language.

lame.gif
2LM
Care to share in details, wat that mommy wrote? So after u withdraw ur boy from CD, where do you enrol him now?

<font color="0000ff">2LM,</font>
Can you share more about Carpe Diem? I am thinking of enrolling my son to this school.

<font color="ff6000">duchess,</font>
How's the teacher at CD? I called once to check on the fees and the lady who answered the call wasnt too friendly. I had wanted to go visit the place but haven got a chance yet.

Abt the case of carpe diem, i think is a 1-off incident.
Not too sure what really happened between the teacher/school mgtm. As for the mother, I had kind of spoken with her before about it.

But as i see no impact on my girl in nursery 1, i just rest the case, but will monitor situation.

After all, my girl is already used to the school and she loves the sch. so no point digging further and disrupt her routine.

tigger88,

the teachers of my girl, so far they are quite alright. My girl likes her teachers and even on weekends, she will ask to go school. so i guess they are quite alright.

As for the other teachers, so far, i think they're pretty ok too.

teenoyl,
I visited AMP. Thk 90% of the student are Malays. I didn't know they do not teach Chinese.

U letting yr boy learning Mandarin? How old is your boy? I wanted to send my girl to Kidsville but my hb still prefers Lutheran. So we waited till she turns 24mhts then send her there.

I also visited Little Skoolhouse at OCC. The environment is ok. But we wanted to send her to a NON-AIRCON centre. And the fees very EXP!!!

In fact, we visited quite a number of centres around Yishun and Sembawang.

Still we prefer Lutheran. How come your boy cannot attend Lutheran? There is no rule that the kid must be a Christian leh. We are not Christian after all...

babycutie..can i know which CC had you visited around yishun cos i am really not familar with the area though i have been staying there for almost 5 years..
lol.gif
...i am also looking at non-aircon CC cos at least there is air-circulation around the room...
can i know where is Lutheran?? cos not sure where is blk 124..cos i am staying @ 115c...
i also thought of the CC at Sembawang, not sure what the name of the centre...it is located along the road to Sembawang Shopping Centre...but think this centre might be a bit ex..

wynn,
Blk 124 is near Peixin Primary School. There is a Chinese temple opp Peixin.

The centre has been there for 20+ years.

I have visited the following centres in Yishun:-
a) AMP (Blk 174) Non aircon
b) Angel Care (Blk 626) Non aircon
c) Kidsville (Blk 201 &amp; Blk 217) Both Non aircon
d) The little skoolhouse (OCC) Aircon
e) Our lady star of the sea (Blk 235) Non aircon
f) Bethlehem (Blk 311) Non aircon
g) World Kids (Blk 388) Non aircon
h) Care Corner (Blk 270) Non aircon (They accept children with special needs eg. hypertension, autistic....etc...
i) Little Footprints (Blk 701A) Aircon
j) Carpe Diem (Polyclinic 3rd flr)

Teenoyl,
AMP offered Malay and Chinese as mother tongue.

Maybe u can considered? Its just opp our block. 10 mins walking distance.

BabyCutie
Really? When I moved in last year and enquire for my elder one, they said their medium is English with Malay as mother tongue! Thxs for the info, I will definitely approach them for my BB as they are very near to home. Oh I rmbr now, they only offer whole day and no half day right?

Wah.. u really check out all the CC ard our area, hor!

Duchess
If your girl is happy there, let it be lor!!

Wynn
I noe there is one CC at Chong Pang blk 10* on the 4th floor. Name Kids** Hee!hee! thats all I can rmbr..

teenoyl,
Maybe u can call and check with AMP again on the mother tongue. The childcarelink website stated they offer Malay and Chinese for mother tongue.

Hehehehe... ya lor... I go to those CC near our blk. Most important must provide transport lor.. Then we heard our hairdresser send her boy to Lutheran and that CC not bad so we decide to send our girl there.

Next time when our boy is older, will let him attend Lutheran also.

Why not u call up Lutheran to check whether they accept children of other race? From what I know, CC should accept kids of all races leh.

Not sure how to share the details...
so many incidents happended.
many mothers(dif classes) there shared with me that all the good teachers left, most were ask to go.
and they are employing fresh teachers.
aiya... whole lot la..
aft Mrs Ang left, my son so scare to go sch! kenna bitten and beaten! but noone seems to knw wat happen!!

2LM,
Wow..that's a big sacrifice...
For us, we can't afford to quit leh....

I also visited MMI in woodlands. Blk 7xx. It looks ok to me but they only have 12 mths license and their fees also not cheap considering the location is under HDB flat.

We prefer centres with 24 mths license.

hi babycutie..thanks for all the info..think maybe should take 1 day leave and take a look at all the centres...
lol.gif

me also looking for centre near my blk too...heehee...then easy for me to pick him up after work and to go to work in the AM..
i might want to consider Lutheran if they got provide 1 day care...since it quite near to my blk...i hope to start sending him to the CC by next year...

Duchess\teenoyl...thanks for sharing the info and experience..
happy.gif

wynn,

Yeah. U can take a day leave to visit those centres u want to send yr boy to... hehe... I visited these centre during my maternity leave...

How old is yr boy?

<font color="0000ff">NEPIA</font>

Ladies, confirmed that Nepia price went up to $15/pkt. I just placed my order today and will be delivered on Thursday.

Anyone try NTUC diapers? Good or not huh?

tigger88,
I tried PetPet. Don't like it leh. The diaper balloon quite fast when wet. My girl got fussy buttock so she scream. Ended up we hve to change every 1.5hrs... Very siong...

<font color="0000ff">babycutie,</font>
Does your gal drink a lot of water? I only change my son's diaper every 2-3hrs.

babycutie
my mum work part time so i can stil afford her but same la very heavy on pocket la!

mummies, have to go shopping with ur angels coz then u will knw if they like the plc or nt... really, can tell one... anyway i reg him in EB(eagles bever) for nx yr N1 program... 3 of my frens went and we all like tat plc, be fast they have a LONG waitlist!!

MMI in jurong is cheapest (S$150/mth, twice a week, 2 hrs session)but there's no discount in the teaching loh... i feel tat the tins they teach are almost there compare to the more expensive branches...

tigger88,
Yeah. My mum gave her a lot of water when she is a baby. She is now 26 mths.

My boy also has fussy buttock. So we did not let him use PetPet.

Oh ya..bring along your kid when u visit the centres. For my girl, she has no problem with all the centres we visited. She gets so excited when she sees little ppl around.

Hi Mummies
I'm new to this thread. I also stay in Yishun. Have an elder son 4 yrs old. Expecting twins at the end of August. Now looking around for Infant Care Centre to put them after my maternity leave ends. Any recommendations - either in Yishun or Bishan where hubby works?

2LM
Understand EB at Yishun SAFRA has infant care program. Have you seen it? Any comments?

Mickeyh
kao_welcome.gif

Wow! U expecting twins? So exciting..

Going for Job Interview tomorrow... Everyone, wish me luck!

BTW any HR here? Need to check.. Having taken only 6 out of the 20 days of maternity leave, should I tender b4 I used up all my 20days, can I still claim for them?
uhoh.gif

haha...
i also got questions to ask about leaves.
it's childcare leaves.
I've been with my present comp since Dec 05. Am i entitled to the childcare leaves of 2 days?

Teenoyl,
I think it would be wiser to use up all the maternity leaves before you tender. Cos employment act says that we cannot tender within the maternity period and if they base on this clause, you might be at the losing end.

Now already Aug, can wait till early next year not? at least take the 13th mth AWS first mah.

Teenoyl,

Sorry about the sling thing.
I haven been checking that thread since i replied to Joyce.

And I have already ordered for myself and Zinie yesterday afternoon.

Sorry about it.
I didn't realised you replied there at the thread.

Pai Seh...

Duchess,
When government announce 2 days childcare leave for parents, our company change it to parentcare leave and everyone is entitled to it. Even those who are single.

But must clear the leave by end of the year and cannot be carried forward if it is not utilise.

Usually if u are a parent, u should be entitled the 2 days CC leave. Your co. didn't inform you about this leave? You better check with your HR.

Teenoyl,
Yeah it would not be nice to tender your resignation during your maternity leave. Like Duchess suggest, get your bonus then tender.

Is your job very stressful? When will your maternity leave ends?

Duchess / BabyCutie
Nah.. Its ok, Joyce contacted me direct but since I still 50/50, I decided to pass this round.

My maternity leave will end on 1st week December, cos my boss only allows me to clear 1 day/week.

For the pass 3 years, me &amp; colleagues never felt the joy of salary increment and bonuses!!! Called me stupid for staying here for so long but every Dec. boss said "company not doing well, I will give ur bonus b4 CNY". When CNY comes, it will be "in June" so we waited and waited and waited.

I had been pregnant for the whole of last year and half this year! (Pregnant Jan05-May05, miscarried, then got pregnant again Aug05 - May06).

Boss is a husband-wife team. Their BB is now 4mths (yah! she gave birth a month b4 me!) They everyday comes in at 2pm reason BB this, BB that. So end up I do their work!

I'm in Sales line. So is SUPER SUPER bz. But not BZ to type here!
lame.gif
To cut cost, bos used my manhour to handle 2 more company FREE.. They are always lost and I always had to input them cos I'm the only one working! Wat work can u do if u comes in at 2pm everyday? Rite?

If can go their way, I am not even allowed to fall sick and take mc due to above reasons!

So when I was short-shortlisted, I am very, very happy. The job scope is the same but at least I'm only doing for 1 company!

So looks like I will rugi the balance of ML days which I didnt take..

I duno.. Pls give me ur opinions. Thxs!

teenoyl,
To be frank, I never like the idea of working with local firms. Most of them are stingy. How big is the co. u r with?

Hmm.. sounds like your boss is not very understanding and selfish ppl. Because of BB, they came in at 2pm everyday. What if their subordinate needs urgent leave? It would not be fair if they can't even approve the leave. And worst still, do not encourage MC when one is sick. That means u can only die, u can't fall sick.

If I were u, I won't mind that the balance of the ML is forfeited. Thk u have to pay back the 7 days.

BabyCutie

Office only myself and 1 A/C girl + 8 guys from Production.

Used to come in at 11.45am until she got preggie last year, started coming in at 2pm till present.

Ever asked them what happen should I fall sick and need to see doc. They said come to office first, wait for them then afternn can go. U are right.. unless u r dead, u must to come in the morning! (nobody to cover for them, mah!)

I tot the balance ML forfeited but to pay back? I still have balance leave, child care leave for this year!? Haiz.. Sianz..

Mickeyh
EB has a big area actually, u can go there look see if u free. most impt tin is to look see urself, talk to the teachers, if chance by parents, talk to them even pantry aunty. then see if u like the place...

teenoyl,
The 3rd mth is paid by government. I remembered filling up a form. Our co. will pay us and claim from government. If your co. has paid u already, then u must pay them back.

WHAT!!! Sick also must wait till afternoon then see doctor?? Even if I chose to see doc in the afternoon, I would use the opportunity to sleep in the morning to rest... What if your bb needs urgent attention and u need to take urgent leave??? Wait for them to come back??? That's utterly NONSENSE. Can't they come in the morning?? Why must wait till afternoon? U asked them r they gg to take responsibility if anything should happen??

I thk u better pay them back and leave now lah...

Hopefully u r successful in your job interview.

Can I check with you? How come your maternity leave so long? End on 1st week of December? Your bb 3 mths now right? I thought maternity leave only 3 months?

wow... tink 1 wk i nv come in le.. heehee... so many post le.. hmm wer got new ppl ... 2LM welcome heehee....i knw the 2 day childcare leave can tk de...

<font color="0000ff">duchess</font>,

tink ur hubby also got...m,y hubby got,he took it wen i m on confirement that time... u should ask ur hubby ask his boss.. keke..

hi mickeyh...welcome welcome...so which part of yishun are u staying?? wow..u are expecting twins...u are so lucky!!!!

teenoyl..good luck for yr interview...better resign after yr maternity leave...in case yr current boss refused to pay u yr maternity leave...

2LM
Thanks for your input. Guess I need to make some time to go visit the place - maybe after my confinement.

wynn_pon
i'm staying near Chong Pang CC. How abt you?

mickeyh...i am also staying near chong pang cc..i am staying at blk 115c..heehee...

wow..we have more mummies joining this thread..
kao_clap.gif

hehe...
Teenoly,
I think if i'm in your case, i rather forgo the ML and join another company instead.

Me now already planning how to takan back my office people. They're practically forcing me to go early maternity leave now.

Lately, my superior even commented "see lah. get yourself pregnant for wat?"
And this evening, he said something like, "things now so unpredictable becos of your pregnancy. u shld just take maternity leave now instead of dragging us down with the slow sales"

And hey! my EDD is 20th Sept leh. And i'm not walking like a tortoise! Ask Zinie lah!
Angry leh!

BabyCutie/Duchess

For my case, my boss wanted me to work till Baby's drop cos his wife already pop first mah.. So I "waddle" to work everyday lor! Thats y I easy to give birth, which was early by 3 wks!

Bos forced me to take 2 mths ML then the bal 20 days to clear once a wk. My lady boss kept complaining to my aunt (who did the post natal massage for us) that she was forced to cut short her ML cos I popped too! But when I came back after my 2 months, she still on her 3rd month ML then claim once a week off somemore!! Aiyah her co. she can do as she pleases wat!

BTW I got the job! Its a 5 day/week. Its more of a PA job (yup I got 8 years of secretarial exp). They hired me cos I familiar with sales &amp; marketing and have many contacts in Hotels and Clubs in Singapore.

But I duno if I shld switch over now. I enjoyed working 4 days a week (I off every Fri). Very sayang to leave this little 'luxury' which I'm entitled to, till end Nov06.

My HB asked me to tahan till Jan07. Cos Feb07 is CNY, which falls on a shorter work month with my co annual shutdown for nearly 2 wks..

teenoyl,

I would suggest u finished your ML in this case. If not u will lugi. Working 4 days a week is really a luxury.

Maybe u can take yr hb suggestion. Tender during February which working mth is short. Its only 4 1/2 mths to go.

Hey both my kids also pop out 3 wks earlier....hehehe

teenoyl,

your being force to take 2mth ml and then once a week is actually my "ideal" plan.
But my boss refuse to allow me that and wants me to consume all 3 mths before going back. and they're practically making me all uncomfortable by making remarks that i shld be taking ML asap! as soon as immediate! Imagine i've at least another 3 weeks to go.

So, i've decided to 'heel' their advise by getting my gynae to give me hospital leaves instead and then start ml on 1st sept.

How's the pay like for the new job? If it's good and can make up for the "luxury" foregone, i would go for it. New place, new challenges.

My character, if i decided to leave a firm, and i didn't for any reason, i will be VERY miserable. So, depends on if u can tahan anot. If pay is comparable, and you can take it, stay till after the CNY lor.

Duchess,

R u working in private or government sector? I only know that most employer would want us to work till we pop leh. Nvr heard will ask us to go early. Unless they really need manpower at certain period of the calendar year.

Well its a good plan that you get hospitalisation leave from your gynae since they kept forcing you.

Hi gals

Yeah! Felt very RUGI, hor! The pay only $200 more lah. But just 1 straight bus from home, 15 mins ride..

Considering that I still have a few more appts for my BB, looks like I got to forgo this offer cos dont look good having to apply for leave every month when I just started work..

Anywaz, new place no own office for me. Its an open plan layout, not even a partition, mind u! But the co is sole distributor for beverages such as: Aqua, Orangina, Snapples and many more so I wont go thirsty there
lol.gif

So.. bear a bit lah..

Duchess
So you will start ur hospitalisation leave soon? good lah, no need to listen to the 'nag-nag'. But wierd hor, why ur boss keep asking u to go early? Ur boss noe or not, hospitalisation and maternity, 2 different leaves?

Actually, I like my arrangement too.. All appt fixed on Fri. No need to apply for leave. Can plan for short getaway too. But when bz, boss will show his black face (practically every Thurs) but I buat bodoh lah..
crazy.gif

BabyCutie
U also early by 3 weeks hah? Ha!ha! Never expected it coming hor!! My gynae said its going to be earlier and earlier, so my 3rd one, 8 months into pregnancy got to standby everything liao!
talker.gif

teenoyl,
U want to try for a 3rd child? I am stopping at 2. Expense too high to maintain for a 3rd child.

Yeah nvr expect it at all for my 1st pregnancy. Luckily waterbag burst in the middle of the night. If not, dunno what to do if it happens in office. For my 2nd pregnancy, I am very alert at 36wks onwards. I kept telling my bb to come out after 2nd day of CNY...heehee....

I gave birth to my first child at 36wks 4days and 2nd child at 36wks 6days.

BabyCutie

Wat to do.. I don have a princess to keep me company or to doll her up.
kao_smile.gif

Every time asked my son to play tie-hair, tie-hair, one day he told me off "MUMMY, I BOY LEH, NOT GIRL.. U want to play, make 1 baby girl lah..."
embarrassed.gif

So my HB said whenever I'm ready, we can start production liao!
blush.gif

Back