Any give birth Mummy that live in yishun ??

hello lyn,fianlly u are bk to this forum..kekeke....u are the first to reply me but u disspear after that... heehee...i m feeding my princess enfalac A+.from she born i m feeeding her that..but still quite small...hope she will grow up soon...i m 21 yr this yr still young?? : ) hmmm...

here my detail

I m : A SAHM
baby is a : gal
Her DOB is : 09/03/2006
PD is Lin Lin chen ( KKH)
Using Diaper : Dryper nt nepia
Baby name IS : Vivian

Can't sleep..
sad.gif
been awake since 3+am..
sad.gif

Btw, any of you sign up for cordblood banking?

Hi Lyn,

Thanks for initiating the table. Wanted to eat durian but my mum say recently the quality of durian not very good leh so told me don't buy lor..

Here's my detail:
I m : FTWM
baby is a : boy
DOB is : ?? (due: 25/07/2006)
PD is ??
Using Diaper : ??
Baby name IS : ??

hello lucida..wow u are gg to give birth soon..rest more.. n tk care.. u on leave already???? nope now durian good.. i jus ate yst very bice n shiookk.. but i m nt prganant la.. keke... had my princess that time oso keep eating durian.. my fav...

Hi Zinie, Will check out the durians
happy.gif
Went for massage today. The massage lady told me not to think too much. I think my problem is that I tend to think about my afterlife after giving birth... if need go somewhere need to make arrangements for baby to be taken care of, etc.. would I still have time to go for my yoga and dance class... etc..

After massage able to sleep well for an hour and now feeling much better. Just have to maintain to keep mind clear and dun think too much..

<font color="0000ff">zinie,</font>
Yup, I am staying quite near to Khatibactually still have to walk abt 8mins to the MRT station.
I am using Maclaren Volo now. Light weight and cooling. One minus point is there is no recline position
so baby cannot really sleep in it.

<font color="ff6000">lyn,</font>
Keane has been on Enfalac &amp; proceed to Enfapro since young. Still no improvement to his weight leh.

Keanes DOB: 02/04/05
PD: Dr CF Ng (Crown Centre)
Diaper: PetPet &amp; Mamy Poko

halo mummies...
shall we meet up...so excited to meet up cos being a first time mummy..there are so many things to learn/share from u gals...

my details as follows:
i am a FTWM (cos just like what tigger88 had shared, me also don't have the luxury to be a SAHM)
my boy's DOB is: 29/11/04
no PD cos he goes to polyclinic for all his japs...when he is sick, will go to our common family doc.
he is now using huggies for day-time (red)and mamy poko for night
baby name is ryan..

Lucida,
u muz rest mroe now...n eat more durian cos ppl said durian will make bb stronger kekek...n pls dun tink so much..let natural tk it courses..tink too much nt good.. dun tink too mcuh ok.. smile always : )

Tigger,

thank for sharing the strolley wif me.. i gg to buy a reclined one cos wanna alet baby more comfortable n slp inside..hmm stil looking... headache also.. heehee....

Wynn,

but most of u are working ,how to meet up?? sat n sunday i will need to go bk my mum house..hmm...muz wait for all of u to off first.. keke...also got good n bad bring a SAHM..being a FTWM also got good n bad.. so dun tink so much....

Hi everyone, good morning! Wow! This thread is fast growing...
biggrin.gif

Zinie
I just met my cousin yesterday. Both she and hb very petite. But her two sons are 'pao'. She told me she fed her sons Dumex-Deugro. We even laughed cos the younger one is sooo cute cos seems like he's suffering from "water retention". Know wat I mean?

Have you fed ur gal yet? Me planning to start mixing rice to baby's feed cos he never had enuff but can't feed more than 180ml at one go cos he has small tank!

Lucida
I ate durians every week for same reason too.. Initially gynae estimated bb very big, but when born, very surprised to know that he was only 2.97kg.. So the heavy part is actually my fats lah!

The secrets to my fast delivery is exercising. Just walk and walk and walk and walk.. My baby engaged at 35weeks so when I walk, I had to hold my 'down there' cos of the pain... Very obscene hor..

Lyn
I already cancelled my appt at the hospital. Yup we are going to Yishun Poly for all the jabs.

BTW, can help to update my details:
I'm a FTWM

1st son
lame.gif

Name: Edrie Qu.
DOB : 250900

2nd son
lame.gif

Name: Erfan Ru.
DOB : 070506

Mayb u can add 1 more column brand of FM / BF?

Hi teenoyl,
Ok. Later will go Orchard and do more shopping
happy.gif
Went to see Gynae yesterday and he say baby engaged but cervix not open yet leh.. Going to see Gynae tomorrow again. He say if I want he can help to fasten the labour - something like induction. Very tempted to say I want but not sure if this is good. Wanted to let nature take it's course but getting very sianz already..

Lucida
I gv birth on 07.05.06 (37 weeks)
I remembered going for my check-up on 04.05.06 (nice date hor!) Gynae said I can check-in and induce if I really like the date. Even if miss that day, I will still give birth the next day, 05.05.06.. But we decided to let nature takes its course because if baby not ready to come out, why force right?

Lucida
Forget to add.

I thought if cervix not open yet, the gynae will help by doing the V -thing.. Can't remember the name.. Heard its quite painful. Lucky I dont have to go through that cos I already dilate 2cm at 35weeks.

Anyway, our body knows best when is the time is right so just relax and happy shopping!

hi zinie
yah, i agree but no hurry too...cos as a FTWM..sometimes also had to work on sat and sun..working as a part-time maid at home..
kao_sad.gif

teenoyl
u are so lucky to have fast delivery..yah...i heard from friends that if u walk often and exercise..u will have a smooth and easy delivery. but then hor...i had water retention when i was in my 5 or 6 months...so did not do much walking cos pple said if u had water retention..u should do less walking..

when i was in my 40 weeks, not overdue yet but my gynae told me that he needs to induce my bb cos he was kind of overweight (not knowing that my bb was 4kg...knew it only after birth)...i had a emergency c-section cos my bb's heart beat was dropping and my cervix is not opening and dilation was very slow...sigh...so was not able to breastfed my bb after birth and i was quite stress out with breastfeeding so i only managed to breastfeed my bb for ONLY 2 weeks...but i will try my very best for my second one...
kao_sticktongue.gif

Wynn

No, I dun suffer from water retention for both my pregnancies, thats y I can walk and shop till baby's drop!!

At 4kg, ur baby is really big.. My elder son born at 3.42kg already buay-tahan! But because of my walking (i think), labour was very fast.

I did not BF my 1st boy. I just cant latch him on and I always thought I am a lousy mom and a failure.

When I got my 2nd, die-die I must BF. It was very easy cos my baby just latch-on. I guessed my 1st son never want to BF afterall!!

So 3rd one, I want to try Full BF.
blush.gif

Hi teenoyl, Wah, you are an experience mum. Need to find out more from you on how you survive the confinement period. Thanks for the advice. Agree.. I should let nature takes it's course. Tomorrow seeing gynae again. Walk almost the whole day today.. ;)

Teenoly,

wow..ur cousin reali chubby,love iy.. boy can la.. but gal cannot la.. heehee....a lto of ppl said dumex good.. heehee..drink le chubby chubby de..wow u so fast gg for ur third child le?? hmmm..... greatt...

wow this thread reali fast gd gd.. heeheee

Wynn,

yea no hurry see wen u all free .... heee...siyo nt maid la.. is hubby n baby slave kekekeke..

Lucida,
yead they sadi walk more easy to give birth..me also believe it,cos i only push two to three times my princess is born.. kekeke.... so walk more... enjoy the pregnant time.... heehee

Hi Zinie, I'm trying to enjoy the pregnant time but really sianz after so many months ;p Anyway, back at workplace cos' boss say if baby not yet come out then come office lor so that I dun waste my maternity leave. So now back in office to shake leg. ;p

Btw, all mothers, would like to ask a sensitive question - how do you wash the vagina area after giving birth?? I heard we should try not to touch water too much but still need to wash that area right??! Is it using the herbal wash to wash? Or doctor will give something for us to wash?

Lucida

I still went to work right till the day I gv birth. Just help out watever I can and take that chance to "exercise". Cos I noe if I'm at home, I will spend my entire day just lying on the bed!
kao_dizzy.gif

Used to hv spirits to 'dab-dab' on the stitch. Now they just tell us to wash with water. And try to keep it clean and dry.

Even the baby was not given cord spirit for us to clean the belly button. It really stinks after a while (the belly button lah!).

Guess there must be a reason for not letting us continue cleaning with spirits. Believe it helps to heal faster but so far nvr cross my mind to ask ard.
uhoh.gif
Mayb u can chk wif ur gynae?

BTW r u taking 16 weeks ML straight? I took only 8 wks and now clearing my balance 20 days. Since I work 5d/wk, I took every Fri off right till end Nov06. He!he! now I work 4d/wk, and enjoying my long weekend..
bounce.gif

Hi teenoyl, I told my boss that tentatively I will take the full 12 weeks (not 16weeks lar) leave cos's first baby so I do not know if I need more than to cope (wanted to establish the breastfeeding portion). If can manage, then I probably opt for 4 wks or 2 wks part time so that I can slowly get back to the momentum.

Lucida

Oops.. typo error!!
embarrassed.gif

Glad to hear u BF ur BB. Hope u dun mind if I gv u some advise (based on my own experiences)..

The 1st 3 days, very little milk. But the lactation consultant will encourage u to still BF ur BB. Its actually to stimulate the milk to start producing. BB will feed every 2/3hrs. Nipple cream will be your Bestfriend from now on!

3rd/4th days, be VERY prepared. This is usually the time, the milk is producing. You will suffer from engorgement (very-very painful).

If you did not BF your BB, you will either suffer from block duct or the milk will reduce and stop production! This is also the period most new moms give up. (And when they are ready a week later, oops sorry
nono.gif
no more milk!)

Put warm/cold cloth on ur B, whichever u feel comfortable. No cabbage. It stops ur milk production. Eat loads of white raddish and drink lots of milk.

Just bear with it for few days, okie. Never gv up. Cos once u stop, u r not being fair to your BB.
kao_happy.gif

hi teenoyl, Thanks for the advice.
happy.gif
Btw, did you have a breast pump before giving birth?? What brand you buy? Alot of people advise me to get one first in case engorgement and baby dun suck well initially - at least I can still pump out the milk to reduce the engorgement. But been undecisive on which pump to get. Alot using Avent ISIS.. But I'm think of getting an Uno or Duo cos they come with manual ooption as well. The one thing that sets me back is the cost.. especially now no discount already..

Lucida

I'm using Manual Pigeon. Duno hw much it cost cos its a gift frm a friend. Yup! U hv to hv a pump on stand-by.

Ha!ha! u will be surprised at how hungry ur BB will always be! So pump is more for excess overflowing milk!

I seldom use the pump cos I hate to thaw frozen milk. Wen B harden, I just let my BB suck.

Lucida
after giving birth, i wash the vagina area with lukewarm water (i used boiled water cos during confinement we cannot touch unboiling water becos of the 'wind' that most chinese believe)and as for bathing, i bought the packet herbs but then hor after bathing, u will feel as if u have not bath yet cos u will have sticky feeling...hahaha...

helooo alll...

Lucida,

wash it wif dettol... good.... kill germ......i use that... yea use pigeon one nt bad.. i m using battery one.. u can buy it at $40 plus....

<font color="ff6000">Lucida,</font>
I used the Ameda dual electric pump when I was breastfeeding my son.
Initially I was using Avent Manual pump but it gets too tiring and takes up
too much time. So I switch to Ameda. It is one of the best buy as it helps to
increase my milk supply and also balances the supply for both breasts. And it takes
a shorter time to express compared with the single manual pump.

Hi All,

it's been a few days since i last "check-in" here..
thread moving so fast.

Zinie, Nice meeting u, I hope you didn't get wet from the light rain.

Lucida,
I used Medela Mini-E Plus (dual electrical).
It's really good if u intend to breastfeed for longer then 3 mths. Somemore, this being your first baby.

I'm still bfing my 31mths old girl today. Intend to tbf my 2nd baby in time to come. So it's worthwhile investment.

Good luck with the bf!

Duchess...

yea reali nice to meet up wif u .. trok a lot n u teach me lots of baby tings thank ... see wen u free again,we meet up k !! i dint get wet that day... dun worryy...u muz tk gd care of urself now.. 2 month later u will gg to gv birth le... tk care : ) free msg me.. : )

Hi Zinie,

Thanks, no lah. we're share information mah.
hehehe.. I think i might have forgotten about some infant things also. so when time comes, it will be me calling u for advise instead. hahaha.

Nowadays hor.. work very stress leh. I wake up around 3am in the morning and then cannot sleep liao. sooner or later i become panda.

SMS me when you free... I'll reply u whenever i can. we could sms chat .ahahaha... (applies to the other mummies out here too!)

halo there...too busy lately so no time to login..

duchess..
wow...u really save a lot on formula milk...i wish i am able to breastfeed my 2nd child for such a long time too... : )
btw when is yr EDD?

hello to all mummies..

I am a SAHM (1st time mother) residing in blk 730 Yishun, next to yishun JC. Just gave birth to a baby boy @ KK on 7th July 2006.

Glad to share whatever I can and know with all mommies here......Feel free

hellooo GWEN... nice seeing u here.... oh u jus gv birth so u on confirmenet now.. muz rest more n eat more.... .keke..tk gd care ....

i m also a SAHM see wen free come out meet meet wor... tk care

I happened to find this thread..... I also stays in Yishun. I have a 2yo girl and a almost 6mo boy.

teenoyl,
I also stays in Yishun St 20...

Can I join the club too??

Here's my detail:

Nickname : Babycutie
I m : FTWM
baby is a : Girl
DOB is : 09/06/04
PD is Dr Foo (Ooi baby)
Using Diaper : Nepia
Baby name IS : Belvia Chin

baby is a : Boy
DOB is : 01/02/06
PD is Dr Foo (Ooi baby)
Using Diaper : Nepia
Baby name IS : Jayden Chin

hi zinie...

sure, we k meet up. Im not working so got lots of free time.Still doing confinement, but went out shoppin twice already, too boring at home. Im the kind that likes to keep myself occupied, find it very difficult to rest on bed the whole day. Though my relatives been telling me to go rest and more rest. Hear until sian ah!You are 21 i'm 31!

Hi Gwen!

Your boi share the same birthday as me! I'm also a 7th July baby haha.. (old baby liao)

Welcome to all who just join this thread.
Can someone help to update the files?
hahah.. I only know how to talk and no action one huh.

Here's my details for the kind soul who's going to help..

Nickname: Duchess
I M : FTWM
Child no. 1: Girl
DOB: Dec 2003
Diaper: Almost diaperless now. But still nepia
Name: Nicole Lim
Still breastfeeding (tandem)

Child no. 2: Girl
EDD: Sept 2006
Diaper: Nepia (already stock up liao!)
Milk: Mummy's brand
Name: Natalie Lim

too much info liao?

OK I'm stopping here...

Wynn,
My EDD is 20th Sept 2006.
Still long way to go man...

<font size="+2">Yishun Mommies' Club</font>
kao_cheers.gif

<table border=1><tr><td>Mom</TD><TD>Occupation</TD><TD>Location</TD><TD>Gender</TD><TD>Kids DOB</TD><TD>Name</TD><TD>Diaper</TD><TD>Formula </TD></TR><TR><TD>happy sunflower</TD><TD>SAHM</TD><TD>YCK</TD><TD>Prince</TD><TD>06.06.06</TD><TD>Aloysius</TD><TD>PetPet/PP</TD><TD>? </TD></TR><TR><TD>soh1dful</TD><TD>?</TD><TD>?</TD><TD>Prince</TD><TD>30.05.06</TD><TD>Darrel</TD><TD>?</TD><TD>? </TD></TR><TR><TD>Duchess</TD><TD>FTWM</TD><TD>Blk 655 </TD><TD>Princess Princess</TD><TD>December 03 (September 06)</TD><TD>Nicole Natalie</TD><TD>Nepia</TD><TD>Pedisure / BF </TD></TR><TR><TD>Teenoyl</TD><TD>FTWM</TD><TD>Blk 299</TD><TD>Prince Prince</TD><TD>25.09.00 07.05.06</TD><TD>Edrie Qu. Erfan Ru.</TD><TD>Nepia</TD><TD>HL Milk Mamex Gold </TD></TR><TR><TD>Zinie</TD><TD>SAHM</TD><TD>Blk 638 </TD><TD>Princess</TD><TD>09.03.06</TD><TD>Vivian</TD><TD>Drypers</TD><TD>Enfalac A+ </TD></TR><TR><TD>wynn_pon</TD><TD>FTWM</TD><TD>Chong Pang</TD><TD>Prince</TD><TD>29.11.04</TD><TD>Ryan</TD><TD>Huggies / Mamy Poko</TD><TD>? </TD></TR><TR><TD>Lucida</TD><TD>FTWM</TD><TD>Blk 928</TD><TD>Prince</TD><TD>(25/07/06)</TD><TD>?</TD><TD>?</TD><TD>? </TD></TR><TR><TD>tigger88</TD><TD>FTWM</TD><TD>Blk 8xx </TD><TD>Prince</TD><TD>?</TD><TD>Keane</TD><TD>PetPet / Mamy Poko</TD><TD>Enfalac / Enfapro </TD></TR><TR><TD>Gwen</TD><TD>SAHM</TD><TD>Blk 730</TD><TD>Prince</TD><TD>07.07.06</TD><TD>?</TD><TD>?</TD><TD>? </TD></TR><TR><TD>Babycutie</TD><TD>FTWM</TD><TD>Blk 299 </TD><TD>Princess Prince</TD><TD>09.06.04 01.02.06</TD><TD>Belvia Jayden</TD><TD>Nepia</TD><TD>? </TD></TR><TR><TD></td></tr></table>

Duchess

that makes u a cancerian. Myself and my baby too...

Hi teenoyl

thanks for the update of table. glad to see my name. Btw, my baby boy name is Haygen. He's taking friso formulae and using drypers.

Still in my confinement so sian, nevermind 8 days to go...actually me went out twice already during confinement for quick shopping..hehe. Now got urge to go karaoke and drinking haha been abstaining from alcohol for 10 months liao but now still breastfeeding so can't. Miss my beer mann!

<font size="+2">Yishun Mommies' Club</font>
kao_drool.gif

<table border=1><tr><td>Mom</TD><TD>Occupation</TD><TD>Location</TD><TD>Gender</TD><TD>Kids DOB</TD><TD>Name</TD><TD>Diaper</TD><TD>Formula </TD></TR><TR><TD>happy sunflower</TD><TD>SAHM</TD><TD>YCK</TD><TD>Prince</TD><TD>06.06.06</TD><TD>Aloysius</TD><TD>PetPet/PP</TD><TD>? </TD></TR><TR><TD>soh1dful</TD><TD>?</TD><TD>?</TD><TD>Prince</TD><TD>30.05.06</TD><TD>Darrel</TD><TD>?</TD><TD>? </TD></TR><TR><TD>Duchess</TD><TD>FTWM</TD><TD>Blk 655 </TD><TD>Princess Princess</TD><TD>December 03 (September 06)</TD><TD>Nicole Natalie</TD><TD>Nepia</TD><TD>Pediasure / BF </TD></TR><TR><TD>Teenoyl</TD><TD>FTWM</TD><TD>Blk 299</TD><TD>Prince Prince</TD><TD>25.09.00 07.05.06</TD><TD>Edrie Qu. Erfan Ru.</TD><TD>Nepia</TD><TD>HL Milk Mamex Gold </TD></TR><TR><TD>Zinie</TD><TD>SAHM</TD><TD>Blk 638 </TD><TD>Princess</TD><TD>09.03.06</TD><TD>Vivian</TD><TD>Drypers</TD><TD>Enfalac A+ </TD></TR><TR><TD>wynn_pon</TD><TD>FTWM</TD><TD>Chong Pang</TD><TD>Prince</TD><TD>29.11.04</TD><TD>Ryan</TD><TD>Huggies / Mamy Poko</TD><TD>? </TD></TR><TR><TD>Lucida</TD><TD>FTWM</TD><TD>Blk 928</TD><TD>Prince</TD><TD>(25/07/06)</TD><TD>?</TD><TD>?</TD><TD>? </TD></TR><TR><TD>tigger88</TD><TD>FTWM</TD><TD>Blk 8xx </TD><TD>Prince</TD><TD>02.04.05</TD><TD>Keane</TD><TD>PetPet / Mamy Poko</TD><TD>Pediasure </TD></TR><TR><TD>Gwen</TD><TD>SAHM</TD><TD>Blk 730</TD><TD>Prince</TD><TD>07.07.06</TD><TD>Haygen</TD><TD>Drypers</TD><TD>Frisco </TD></TR><TR><TD>Babycutie</TD><TD>FTWM</TD><TD>Blk 299 </TD><TD>Princess Prince</TD><TD>09.06.04 01.02.06</TD><TD>Belvia Jayden</TD><TD>Nepia</TD><TD>? </TD></TR><TR><TD></td></tr></table>

Gwen
Times will fly fast so dun be so sian lah!
I thinks its ok to go out but not at night and to rest every 10-15mins after standing/walking.

Ha!ha!ha! No need to think of booze. Now think of MILK!! Me still BF my bb too. So counting down to time where I can enjoy a bottle or two!
lame.gif

heello cutie....welcome.....

hello gwen..welcome....yea see wen free meet up.. wad ur hp no ??? btw i m 21 yr old la.. nt 31 ... wow...how old are u???btw gwen u knw me n my hubby married day is on 7/7..heehee.... anniversary....haha

wow.. i notice ysihun lots of prince le.. only 4 princess..wow....
keke...

Babycutie
Your darlings also wearing Nepia. I'm persuading my next-door (BB: 1mth) and opposite-side (BB: 6mth) neighbour to switch to Nepia so that we can all order together! Save cost lah!

Zinie
Ya hor! Lucky princesses. They will be "heavily guarded" by the princes!
kao_clap.gif
kao_sticktongue.gif
kao_smile.gif
kao_sticktongue.gif
kao_clap.gif

teenoyl,

persuading your neighbours to switch to nepia is a good idea!
hahah.. at least if u order together.. no need to go so far.. hahah... good idea!

wow wow....this thread is getting longer and longer...heehee..which is a good thing cos we can share our experience with the rest here....i am glad cos being a first time mum there are so much to learn and to know...especially on breastfeeding part...i think now i know how should i get myself prepare for breastfeeding

hi teenoyl..my boy is taking gain IQ..thanks for helping us updating all the info... :p

hi gwen..i also feel bored during my confinement cos cannot eat this..cannot eat that..cannot do this ..cannot do that...i always do a countdown for my last day of confinement by striking out my calendar...heeheeheehee...

btw..may i know any FTWM working at shenton way/raffles place in this thread??

Duchess
Good idea, hor! No need to travel to Sembawang anymore (sorry Greenapple, if you reading this). But what to do? Call me 'Nepia Enforcement' neighbour!
rofl.gif

Wynn
My "pressure" (from Duchess to update the list). But which blk you staying? if u dun mind, of course.
wink.gif

Back