Any comment on Dr. Adrian B Woodworth from Thomson Women Clinic

ya, elchwong, that's what i mean
happy.gif
thanks.. hope to see it on my next appt

Just to check with those who had popped. During the later stage, i.e. week 37 onwards, during the regular checkup, do Dr Woody do any cervic check to see if you are dialated?

Hi icebaby,

my EDD is on the 20Arpr, Dr Woody told me if by 18Apr no action from baby yet, have to induce liao.

so far, during my weekly visit to him, he has not done any cervic check on me yet. me just waiting for my next upcoming visit to him on coming Monday to see if he checks or what advice he gives. But since 3 visits back, I make sure that before visiting him, I go home and shower first just in case he checks...hehehe!!!!!

Im gonna see him next monday! so excited to see the scan! lolx. But i heard Dr Adrian dun smile and he is very understanding and caring doc. Is it true? thats how he is famous? hehehe

Ps: hi elchwong =P didnt expected same doc haha

fabbie!!!! Dr. Adrian's a 'leng mian xiao jiang'...he jokes at times but still can manage to keep a cool look on his face...hah...feels so nostalgic to call u fabbie...remind me of those MU days! Hee...

when do you start taking materinity leave? 1 week b4 EDD or till last min?

How long do you wait before the bb come out after induce? Does induce have to suffer for longer period than normal contraction?

Hi Avocado,
Dr Adrian say my hubby always not in town so better to induce when he is around.

hello pp.. long time never come up here.
happy.gif

So many new pp here!!

Just some updates.. my baby is already coming to 8 weeks.. so fast!! That time went for my 1 month checkup.. did pap smear and also talked to dr adrain abt my baby.. cause at that time she got quite a bit of rashes. And dr adrain talked so much that day when we discussed abt the baby.. haha.. me and my hubby were surprised.. somemore dr asked me to sit down and when i finished asking then he asked..so what else u wanna ask..Its the second time we talked so much lor.. 1st after i delivered adn went to him to check my wound cause a bit pain. So my conclusion is.. he likes to tak abt babies.. haha..

connie.. i took 2 weeks of HL instead of Maternity. My maternity started only on the day that i delivered.

ah xue.. jia you w breast feeding k.. my ss only stabilised at week 3 or 4. Now quite stable liao.. each pump is abt 130 ml every 4 hrs. if 8 hrs never pump.. i can reach 300 ml. I started storing milk in milkbags already. I dun latch on baby.. only latch on in the 1st month to stimulate flow.. now only latch on when i have not warm up ebm.. my ger doesnt really noe how to suckle.. she suckle for lessw than 5 mins then she stopped and cry for more milk.

Hi mummies

would like to find out when will Dr Adrian discuss hospital plans with us, like which hospital and room we choosing. I am currently in my wk 31 and Dr has not talk to me about anything yet.

Also when does he usually do the strep B test?

ND's girl,

I suggest you talk to Dr Adrian direct cos normally he won't say anything (i.e. unless he remembers) cos he got so many patients. =)

He very nice one. So dun worry too much.

Hi all,

Havent logged in here for some time.

Jeannie: mine like very unstable lei Sometimes I can pump like 150ml max, sometimes only miserable of 60ml. My girl is now drinking 90ml..
sad.gif
I wana let her suckle but then she always struggles and moves a lot.At times she gets frustrated. I am getting so tired of pumping as well and its only less than a mth. Feel very much like a cow ( Though I am one which doesnt produce enough milk )

Evon: I had my first massage today. I think she is not too bad. If u wan, i can give u her number. She is by far the most "economical".. keke. Recommended by my frd who used her previously. Her rate is $50 per session.

Connie: I was also induced. One good thing is you are mentally prepared and u know when you are going to deliver. A pill was inserted into me @11pm but till the next morning @7.30am when Dr Woody checked me, I was 0cm dilated thus I was put on a drip. I waited from about 8.30am till almost 2pm and I was only 1 cm dilated. But at 3.45pm, I was 10cm dilated. The pain is still bearable. The only thing is got to relax when the pain comes so that the cervix can open. I was so tense thus my cervix only dilated 1cm. Breathe in and out.

ND's girl: Yea like what icebaby has said usually he wont mention anything. I asked him about it myself. Then the clinical assistant did the booking for me. I asked him about the strep B test but he said it was not necessary so I didnt do it.

icebaby: Dr woody only checked me once to see if I have dilated. That was during my 39th week and my last visit before I was sent to the hosptial for induction.

Sherin: Hi! 11 more days to end of confinement.

*waves* to storeberry and leejen.

hihi..

finally i'm back.just came back from Genting with my elder gal over the weekends..my boy was left in the care of my mum in Singapore..keke..coz find him tooo young to enjoy etc even if i bring him along....

Icebaby..
think it depends bah...for both my pregnancies,Dr Woody never do any cervix checks for me...

Connie..
Yap..as wat Ahxue,I find tat for induce,body & mind is more prepared for the labour pains compare to a totally natural delivery..coz my elder wan is totally natural & my no.2 was induced....But my induce was on drip & not like other mummies here who was given pill...dunno wat the diff & how doc decided drip or pill...

nd girl, once u confirmed the hospital u want to deliver in, u can tell him. then the clinic staff will ask you the type of room u want to book.

icebaby, no cervix check for me too cos i deliver on the 37th week.

gals...wanna ask when does your 1st menses comes back after delivery? my boy 1 month plus only leh and menses is back! flow not alot though. and i am on partial breast feeding.

icebaby/Sherin/babylush

thanks, shall ask him on my next visit, but I always forget to ask him the things when I see him. He always so rush and make me so nervous, try to rush out all my questions so always forget some haha

Ahxue

I have heard that bf needs a lot of patience, Jia you!
Please PM me your massage lady contacts too, should I book her now? I keep thinking I can do it after delivery but my frens say must book early.
How come no need do strep B test I thought it is compulsory to do, otherwise last minute got infection how? If he say no to me I definitely insist on it cos I think I have infection all the way thruout my pregnancy.
Jia you on your confinement period! Must be very boring to stay at home, I can't imagine when its my turn.

avocado..
kekeke..this is my 1st trip abroad since my kids came along leh..the last last time was when i was expecting my gal(june 2005) i went bangkok..than after tat never liao..till now she 2yrs+ lor,find tat it's a ok age to travel coz at least she know how to makan,play etc..than left the younger boy in my mum's care lor...

ahxue,

i am a aug 2007 mummy...my girl is also delivered by dr woody...just want to come in to give you some encourage regarding breastfeeding...

amount doesn't matter...as you as you breastfeed your baby...my daughther is 7 mths plus now..and i still give her breastmilk by expressing at work and direct feeding at home...

Evon : my email add is [email protected]
you r right, some ML are veri popular so u gt to book them early in case their schedules are full. One gd thing abt this ML is she doesnt go by package, but number of sessions as you desire. Today she did a face massage for me.

icebaby: yup, i think he will check when he feels the need to.You can prepare wat u wana wear for conveinence. I was unprepared, in the end my top got stained.

ND's girl: ok shall pm you her contact. I was worried at first too but then since he said it was not necessary then I took his advice. He said unless one has alot more discharge than usual then he would proceed with the test. Thanks for the encouragement..
happy.gif

Sherin: yea! 10 more days lei!! Yup, planning bb's full mth celebration..

Wiaelyn: Thanks a lot. Felt pretty demoralised at times as my supply cant meet my girl's demand. I give her watever i can pump n supplement with milk powder if its not enough.How often should I pump?

Ahxue,

for me,during my ML, i dun pump at all. I just latch her directly, after i am back at work...i pump 3 times a day and latch her when i am at home..my daughter shd be consider a small drinker, cos she is taking 130ml per meal...

latching will help to improve ur flow better then if you pump, unless your baby refuse to latch...if that is the case, pump as often as your baby would like to latch...means if baby drinks 3 hrly...you pump every 3 hrly..

icebaby, so sian....menses is something i dun miss during pregnancy at all! my friend commented that my body is ready to have 2nd child. haha....

nd's girl: i did the strep b test the other time. i think i did mine on the 34th or 35th week. when i said i want to test, he straight away took a sample for testing in the same visit. this test is not included in the package.

Wisely: I tired to latch her on just now too but then she struggled alot. And she cried when the flow was not fast enough for her. She is now abt 3 weeks old and she just drank about 100ml.

I shall try to latch her on again. Usually supply seems to be more in the morning. She is very impatient and very active. Even when I bottle feed her, she will be moving about.

Wow, ahxue & sherin, time files! You all are finishing your confinment liao! Congrats!

Ahxue: Must persist on BF. All the best!

I am going for my detailed scan tomorrow, can;t wait to see bb again!

ahxue,

in the morning we will usually have more supply especially if your child dun take a feed at night...i think she is too use to the bottle that is why she is impatient when u try to latch her...but dun give up hope...just continue to latch her...

It is good to have a active baby..most impt is that you rest well...if not enuff sleep...milk supply will be affected...

I have come so far till now..i am sure you can persist on..

Wiselyn: Thanks. I will persist. I think I am too stressed. Whenever I bf or even express I feel very depressed.

storeberry: Hi gal, thanks! Thats so fast. Going 5 mths liao..

avocado: I was concerned too but Dr Woody didnt perform the test for me. He said it was not necessary. But its good to check with him.

Ahxue
I received your PM, thanks!
Then I better ask him to test cos I have lots of discharge.

babylush
Ya I will ask him in my next visit

avocado
what happens if we are tested positive?

ahxue,

i understand how you feel...cos i was like you before. It doesn't help when my relatives are not supportive of me breastfeeding, even till now my MIL or mum will keep asking me, you going to breastfeed until when? I always tell them, as long as my girl wants lor...I find that breastfeeding provide good bondage between mummy and baby...so just persist as long as you can and you want...if you need support, you can always email me at [email protected]

Ah xue,

Mean u tolerate the pain from 11pm tom 345pm the next day? 2 months to due and I started feeling scare and not prepared now.

Seem like dr adrain will induce patient before due date.

Connie,

if everything is okay, dr adrian will not induce...for me, i induce only because my baby is overdue,y one day only lar...but i dun want to wait liao..

dr adrian still tells me, if i want to wait..still can wait...faintz...

by the way, my baby is 7 mths plus liao

ah xue and sherin.. wow.. time really flies ur babies are turning 1 month old soon!! And ah xue.. u r amazing leh going babck to pre preg wt already.. i still got 6 kg even after 2 months..somemore i breast feed too.

DUn worry.. ur ger is drinking fine.. mine only drinks 90-110 ml even though she 2 months.. she small eater but she will drink every 2 hrs. Yar lah i can understand how u feel.. but just continue and u will find that e days will just pass like that. Ur supply is pretty good.. 150 ml sometime.. dun worry.. it will get better and ur baby does not increase her appetite that fast so after a few week more u will find that u have enuff to store.. trust me.. You can try taking fenugreek or goats rue to up ur supply if u are worried.

ND ger.. i think u better ask dr woddy if u need to noe something.. he is like that one.. will wait till may 30 week and above then ask u abt the hospital.. will give u a blue paper.. i also cant remember for what..but he actually auto choose for me 4 bedded when i told him i want to deliver at thomson.. think he wanna help us save money.. usually get auto upgarde to 2 bedded.

connie.. enjoy ur last 2 months.. actually being preg was quite fun.. just that i had a lot of problems during my last 2 months.. my legs swollen and turned black.. w cracked and bleeding feet.. very jia lat..

Once baby out.. no time for the first 1 month.. and even now also.. its very different.. go out w ur hubby more now.

Ah xue.. my timing abt same as u.. induced at 11 pm and gave birth at 3.13 pm the next day.. but i took epi leh.. did u take?

Storeberry.. u are 20 weeks already?? thats fast..

Connie,

RE: Induce
That day I kapo ask Dr Woody if I want to induce, he say I can if I want to and there is no extra cost. He never push me for inducing and told me if really want then let him know. Cos this Sat i have my checkup again.

But after reading alot of sites, inducing isn't good if you want natural birth as the cervic may not open after MANY hours. Mainly good for those who are going C-section.

Hi Jeannie, yah man times files!! Another 4 more mths to go!

Mummies: Just went for detailed scan yesterday! Smallberry is all curled up like a little prawn & clenching his fists! One hand up & the other at his buttoks. He has a cute button nose like mummy & daddy.. Kekek... The scan was done quite fast because bb was cooperative. And its CONFIRMED, its a mickey mouse! Everything is normal for smallberry & he weighs 340gm.

jeannie

ok thanks I will try very hard to remember to ask him on my next visit. Super forgetful nowadays

storeberry

Congrats on your mickey!

Back