Any comment on Dr. Adrian B Woodworth from Thomson Women Clinic

storeberry: my EDD's intially 20Sep but the recent scans seem to hv brought it forward to 17Sep

hmm... i wonder if icebaby has given birth alrdy by now?

Many hours liao. Should have given birth by now.

Anyone have the list of items to pack for birth? Need to start buying and preparing.

hi every1
I'm new here. Just got to know tt I'm pregnant this monday 21/4/08. N almost have a shock of my life (thou have try to hv bb, but never thou so fast la). hee hee.

Now like abit lose, not sure what to do n what to expect. sigh

is it normal for me not to feel anything diff after pregnant? Cos i feel as per normal (cos no morning sickness etc)

the neighbourhood clinic doctor told me my EDD is 21/12/08, so is it tt its only 3-4 weeks tt y i no morning sickness?

sigh so confuse hor.

I think she shd be in the midst of it now? keke.. Jia you! Push!

xiaohwa: Congrats! I experienced morning sickness when I was in my 4th-5th week and it lasted for couple of weeks to a month. Not all will experience MS. You will tend to feel more tired. I remembered I slept alot during my 1st trimester. MY appetitie was very good too. Take good care of yourself ar.

Thanks Ahxue.

I just sometime feel tummy abit ache here n there. Btw, what is 1st trimster? heehee.

Actually me n hubby already booked package to go HK le in May08. so now dun know can still go or not. Asked the clinic doctor, he said can go, so long i feel ok (ie no spotting etc). Do u know if any1 ever go tour in 1st 3mths?

connie: I brought along:

2 sets of pyjamas
Toothbrush/toothpaste
facial wash
nursing bras
maternity pads ( TMC will provide but bring along one pack just in case its nt enough )
disposable underwear
sweater
socks ( I didn bring but was told by my ward mate that its better to wear them )
camera
mag/book
hp charger

And anything else that u think may help u feel more comfortable during your stay. My cousin brought her stuffed toy along. haha.

xiaohwa: Your pregnancy is divided into 3 trimesters. The 1st trimester will be from 1st week to week 12. 2nd trimester will be from week 13th to 26th week and 3rd trimester will be from 27th week to 40th.

I went for a holiday when i was 1 mth pregnant. I was unaware of it then. My friend went for her trip when she was about 7 weeks pregnant too. So long as you feel comfortable and your gynae permits, I think it shd be fine. Just that for my case, I didnt enjoy as much as I was easily tired.

Thanks alot ahxue.

I printout the thing to bring to TMC too. V kian su hor.... heehee

Then i shld pretend tt i still not pregnant n go tour. but will try to be more careful la. hahaha. Hopefully i'll still remain to be as per normal (ie no morning sickness etc), else cannot enjoy the tour le.

xiaohwa, you could be one of the few lucky MTBs who have no morning sickness. For me, i didnt have any morning sickness as well. BUt during the first trimester, i was extremely tired. I could sleep like 16 hours and yet still feel very sleepy. That's because your body is working hard for your developing baby. That's when ur baby's organs are developing too!

Ahxue, same here. I went for holiday when i was 1 mth preggy too. Also didnt know. I went bangkok and was happily shopping. Only felt some bodyaches. but thought that was normal coz i was shopping alot alot! I even brought tampons and pads along for the trip coz i was expecting my menses. Then came back waited and waited, still dont have ...
When i was 12 weeks preggy, i went taipei for 5 days. I consulted Dr Woody, he says can go ahead but cannot go hot spring.
So xiaohwa, maybe you want to check with Dr regarding what you can do or cannot do.

To add on to the list:
nursing pad, you may be leaking already.
pyjames, get those front button ones.
For hubby, get him to bring sweater too. My hubby says labour room quite cold.
If you are delivering by c-sec, you need to bring the tummy binder, aids walking after the op.

Xue, your explaination of the pregnancy makes it sounds really long. I'm glad it's over and i'm seeing my little bundle of joy!

Mummies, where do you bring ur babies for vacin?
Any good PD to recommend in the West?
Xue, i'll be bring bb to polyclinic for her first jab first. Also going on tues. May see you there ! Will be bringing her myself. Not sure if i can handle her. Hopefully she doesnt cry in the car!

Connie Lim (connie_lcl) ,
Sian...sian no auto upgrade, no wonder when I visit my friend in TMC, she stay in 4 bedded after birth.

ND's girl (ndzgirl),
my girl was also sent to test, luckily she is okay or I will blame the nurse at kkh. So this this round, I choose private hospital.

Soo long never come in liao..
WA..Icebaby went to induced liao ar...so fast...I feel like i'm missing in alot of things leh..
happy.gif

avocado...

you can go chinatown,those shops selling silk clothings..
i bought those like giant shirt type,silk material...was like $5-6 each...got plain colours/cartoons etc..

Thanks for the info. I bought the nursing bra but the nursing pad seem to be smaller than the bra cup. Is that a norm?

Hi Eunice,
Is it the 2nd floor opp OG? Can I bring normal clothings with front button?

Hi Xiaohwa,
My sympton come very fast and the 1st gynae say impossible to be that early. But I read a book, they state 10 days after conceive is consider normal. My ache reduce after taking the multi vitamin from Dr Adrain. My 1st gynae advise me not to have sex for the first 12 weeks and not to take any chinese herbs during the first 13 weeks. Not even the red dates.

I went Japan when I was 9 weeks pregnant. Cannot go hot spring but the rest as per normal.

Sherin & Connie, thanks alot.

I will be visiting Dr Adrian tonite. So can check w him some of queries. hee hee.

my MIL even tell my hubby tt i cannot drink gassy drink, else in future BB will keep vomit when feel milk. faint.

Hi Xiaohwa,

Congrats!

try to bring your MIL along when u go see Dr A. She will faint when she hears wad he says.

He will most likely tell you that u can eat everything but in moderation and to avoid raw food. If no appitite can drink sweet drinks so got energy.

I like his style! hahahaahha

hahaha, Aylene, i dun think my MIL will go w us law.

Hopefully i wont take too much junk food, else later give birth will have problem to slim down le. Wait its not BB tt gain weight but ME.

Connie..

nope it's the opp road..the CNY pasar malam there...

Xiaohwa,
Congrats..

Wa..like tat ar...if your MIL see how much coke i drink when preggy think she will scream or faint ar...
And Adrian also say can drink..no problem..as long as everything in moderation lor..even if you drink tons of bird nest daily,but if bb dun like & never absorb,it also doesn't help mah...

As long as there's no abnormal bleeding or cramps,sex,travel is safe...
I went BKK,shop till knees & legs super tired,shop till you drop kind of trip when i was 2mths preggy with my elder gal..somemore everyday there is like 7am wake up breakfast than go out shop shop makan makan shop shop till 2-3am than back hotel..

xiaohwa,

me keep drinking lots of coke and sprite during my preggy and even during my confinement, my baby is a breastfeed baby...no signs of her vomitting milk leh...she currently is coming 8 mths liao..

me also everything also eat and drink...for my case, dr adrian only advice,no pineapples,liquor and smoking (anyway i dun smoke)...other then that moderation will do...

100 plus is good if you find keep wanting to vomit..energy booster and give u the water that u need...cos some mummies will even reject water..

hahaha, my 1st reaction is " lucky gassy drink not my favourite". :>

Wa Eunice20, u so strong, can shop for such long x. hee hee. Me even b4 pregnant can't shop for more than 5 hrs, my leg sure v painful le.

Wiselyn, 100+ is good? ok, i'll try tt out if i ever got feeling to vomit la.

I keep wondering what the feeling of BB moving inside my tummy. must be v amasing.

xiaohwa..

ok lah...tat time 1st pregnancy mah,than go BKK is to shop so must make full use mah....

Hmm..you never know your cravings etc leh..i got frens before preggy dun like coke,chocolates etc,when preggy keep wanting to eat those,never eat feel soo weird,cannot sleep etc..than her usual fav all she see liao very turnoff,taste 1 mouth than reject..

Ya..i drank alot of coke..my 2 kids also no vomitting of milk..actually not all old wives tales can listen lor..some is listen just for the sake of listen lor...

Yap,althought i dun have any morning sickness for both my pregnancies,but for my 2nd boy..i suddenly dun really feel like drinking my fav coke tat often,but had a craving for 100plus daily..hehe..somemore at least need those 500ml,can wan not enough to fulfill my urge..till i also bough those 1.5L to put in fridge..kekeke

Ya..bb moving inside is very amazing..till the last trimester,you can see your tummy getting out of shape,coz bb suddenly stretch or kick than can see your tummy suddenly only a small lump at 1 corner etc..
Most importantly is to treasure & enjoy every single stage of your pregnancy..even the morning sickness,coz adrian did mention before,moring sickness is your body natural way of expelling the toxic in your body & a sign tat the pregancy is progressing very well..although dun have any is not called a bad sign lah...diff ppl got diff patterns,even your 1st & 2nd or 3rd pregnancies can will diff..

sigh, think i still abit not into the pix tt I'm pregnant. hahaha

Will let u all know what Dr Adrian's advise when i back work on Monday la. hee

Dr Woody also told me can eat raw fish and I eat like crazy during CNY.

ND's girl (ndzgirl),
Yeah lor, so this second time I will ask dr for the Strep B test again.

Yah Dr Adrian also told me can eat sashimi & I have been craving for Jap food & eating sashimi, so far so good! Kekek..

Just went daiso to buy cha soba & the sauce, will make some tomorrow.
happy.gif

Hi all, just went to c Dr Adrian yest nite. Wa his clinic soooo crowded.

Its my 1st visit n throu the ultra scan, saw the bb liao (or a little water bag) hahaha

Dr Adrian said:
1. HK travel ok, cos short trip. So long no bleeding
2. Must avoid using product tt contain "Retin A" cos harmful to BB
3. The rest of thing we asked, he all said ok la, so long no bleeding. heehee

N my EDD shld be ard late Dec 08

Hello, I just got delivered by Dr Woody 11 days back. Hee, I just like his cool style..everything also ok....everything also can..hahah!!!!!
You are sure in good hands under Dr Woody. Glad that I have made the right choice even though he is a "man of less than 10 sentences" during the visit..haha!!!!!!!!

take care then mummies!

vonvon..

yap...thumbs up for woody..tat's why i never fail to recommend him to all my frens who's looking for gynae or when they mention they are preggy..also recommend my neighbour's daughter in law to him..keke

Icebaby
Congrats on your newborn bb!
Wow! Your induce is very fast leh. If I remember correctly, you will only induce on the night before, right? Have you been discharged from the hospital?
Share with us your birth story hor...

Pig Pig,

Yes, I was induce at 9.50pm. Gave birth at 1.37am. My girl was in a hurry even Dr Woody said so...so the epi wasn't much of a help.

This is a recap.

23rd April:
8.50pm - We went to TMC at 8.50pm for the 9pm appointment. Scare out of my own wits, R wasn't really being helpful as I was trying to keep calm. We approached the counter to register. Counter nurse made a mistake of collecting only $600 deposit but it's okay.

9.15pm - Went to the labour ward to change. R was placed at the waiting area. By the time finish changing, it was 9.30pm. Was told to lie down and wait for Gynae as they had already called for him. Apparently for him, he gave instructions to the nurse not to give anything to me until he came.

9.50pm - He came. Inserted the tablet for inducing and broke water bag. Then I was transferred to the delivery ward. With my water bag broken and water dripping, I walked to Room 3 (the same room which I went to for hospital tour). Was told to lie on the bed and the insert the tubes for inducing.

10.30pm - started feeling contractions at 20 mins apart. Nurses kept coming in asking if want epidural.

11.50pm - I asked for epidural as the pain hit a high of 100+, I couldn't take it. Nurse checked cervic it was 3cm only!

24th April:
12.20am - Pain was intense as the nurse upped the dosage of the inducing drip! The contractions came every 2mins. It was hurting quite badly. We were lucky that the Epi doc came! By then I was 5cm dialated already. (Damn...he was expensive at $300!). Anyway, R was told to go out while I had my Epi. >_<>

1am - The pain was pretty intense. I could feel the push. After less than 10 pushes, I started having the need to push and there was "water" coming out. After then 5th - 6th push, I told R to get the nurse as the push was more intense.
The nurse came in, place finger in to check cervic...BAD MISTAKE...the push became so bad that the nurses had to grab me and put me upside down (slanted lah) so to prevent the baby from coming before baby come! I was given the mask...I was in LAH LAH land. I couldn't open my eyes, but I can feel the PAIN and push. I could hear "voices" (It's like those dream...hahaha) telling me to hold on and then later gynae rushed in and then it was PUSH.

1.37am - The SCS stress ball wasn't helpful. I squeeze that and R's hand. R's right hands has cuts from my nails. R said that I pushed awhile and she was out already.

Then nurse called R to follow her...but I still felt the need to push. I could feel the needle too! The other nurse ask me to hold the mask and I did again. Again lah lah land until I force myself to take the mask off after the final push (I guess it's the placenta) and the stitching was done.

**I found out much later that Ilyse actually came to fast for them to upp the epi. So that was the pain.

That's abit it for now.

hey icebaby,
wow u really got an "interesting" birth story leh...me so anxious for you while reading ur entry. *sweat*

for mine, u can read on: royvonne.multiply.com

hey Connie Lim (connie_lcl),
me waited for the while day for the "opening" but sad to say end of the evening, i have to go C-section as advice by Dr Woody. So headed his advice and went ahead with it. But he was very comforting...kept patting on my leg and telling me everything will be fine and smooth. I just kept silent and smiled at him. haha, well indeed, he was very professional and really good goood goood! My baby was 3090g when at birth.

Thanks to all, will be visiting Dr Woody on tuesday for review on the stitches. I think I will miss the visits to his clinic and his "cool style"....hah!
Have recommended my gf who is pregnant to Dr Woody. Will definately go back to him if planning for the 2nd one.... (*V*)

Icebaby: Wow, your princess really eager to see the world!! Really interesting!

Yah I will also miss Dr Woody session when I give birth in Sept... :p

Icebaby
Your birth story sound very interesting leh! Think Dr Adrian must be very surprised that you give birth so fast!

vonvon
You very good lah! While doc was doing the c-sect for you, you can still smile at him. For me, while he was doing the c-sect for me, i was so nervous and even when he kept patting on my leg assuring me that everything is ok, and hubby was just beside me, i also scared.

Icebaby,
How heavy is your baby when deliver? So nice to have such short period for the pain. I just can't imagine that I have to go throu so many hrs of pain before the bb come out. No courage yet.

Vonvon,
Did you undergo induce?

Congrats vonvon and icebaby!

icebaby, your birth story sounds quite scary especially when the nurse turn u upside down!

avocado, I will ask him again next visit, last visit he say still early.

Pig Pig (pig_pig) ,
You still can feel when doc pat youe legs? I thought no feelings from down all the way during c-section?

Pig_pig,

Actually he wasn't that surprise lor. Cos my 2nd kid came in 3 hrs. But this one in terms of fast cos of the time given to push and out she comes was much faster than my 2nd kid. My 2nd kid, I still got time to "view" his head. Hahaha

avocado
Maybe that was before the epidural take effect and he din start the process immediately. Quite malu lor! Dunno wat happened to me when the epidural was administered to me, it was so painful until i keep tearing lor. Guess that was the reason why he kept patting on my leg to assure me everything is ok or maybe he was testing whether has the epidural taken effect anot. During the c-sect, what i can hear is he giving instruction to his team like "push" and "stop" etc....

Vonvon &amp; Icebaby

Congrats on your new bb.

vonvon, is c-sect painful? I also thou to c-sect cos i v scare of pain, so dun think i can take the natural birth pain.

congrats icebaby &amp; vonvon!

vonvon, can u share ur hospital bill? how much did u pay in cash? u took 1 or 2 or 4 bedded? did u manage to get a free upgrade?

Back