Any comment on Dr. Adrian B Woodworth from Thomson Women Clinic

Jeannie, yeah, Baby's gonna be one month soon! Finally! i've already gone back to pre-preggy weight. But still got flabby tummy and lots of stretchmarks which dont seem to go away...
Baby seems so cranky today. Whole morning dont want to sleep, dont want to lie down on her own.

Storeberry, Congrats on your Mickey mouse!

Re: baby's drinking
I also dont know how much to give my girl now. Sometimes she seems like a giant. She drinks about 120ml. Sometimes i give the same amount she cant finish. Dont know if I'm spoiling her like that by giving in to her demands which is not fixed.

Connie, I dont think he will ask you to induce unless you are overdue. He asked me whether i want to induce coz i was already dilated. Induced at 2pm, fully dilated by 4am but baby didnt come out until 6am. Jeannie is right, enjoy your last 2 months of pregnancy and all the "privileges" that comes with it. Sleep as much as you can coz you wont get a good sleep once baby is out.

Congrats Carol !

ND's girl: U are welcome.

Wiselyn: I emailed u! Thanks alot.

connie: Nope. I was first inserted with pill @11pm on 25th. Then d next morning on drip. Gave birth on the same day @4.20pm. Actually my edd is on the 27th. Dr woody ask me if i wan to induce. I didnt really want to wait since I felt no contractions at all so I decided to go for it. Dr Adrian also tell me if I wana wait, I can when I asked him for opinion. But I impatient le.

Connie, when I was still pregnant, alot of forumers here told me to go sleep while I could. I wished I had cherished those time. haha. I seemed to be full of energy then. Now I am sleep-deprived! Its so hard to get a good night's sleep lor.. So I am telling u the same thing, sleep well!! Enjoy ur peaceful sleep.. haha.

Jeannie: she drinks at an interval of about 3-4 hrs. Jia you wor. Maybe can try to do some exercise. can try hoola hoop ( rattan ones are betetr )to target at waist area. But hips seem to have widen and nothing can be done.
sad.gif

I did not take epi. Initially I was tempted to, cos nurse said i was too tense, cervix couldnt dilate. I was so worried that I might drag till the next day before I could give birth. Dr Adrian saw my expression and asked if I wana go C-sect instead. Haha.

Storeberry: must be real excited ar.. keke.. U are halfway there!

Carol: congrats!

sherin: how does ur baby response to Mamex gold? It seems a little thick/sweet? 30ml to per scoop. my girl seem to have a lot mucus..
Sherin my girl also, woke at 10plus then dun wan sleep le. Till about 5pm then she slept.

Ahxue, my girl was practically driving me crazy this morning. Every morning her daddy will feed her before he goes to work. Then i could wake up and do housework first, bathe her then let her have her milk.
This morning she woke up at about 8am and made alot of noise. Cannot be put down. Will cry when i put her down. Kept making noise until my hubby came back at 1 plus in the afternoon!
I didnt try mamex gold le. I gave her Friso Gold. So far so good le. Easy to dissolve also. About every 2 to 3 days, she will have mucus in her nose le. I dont know how to clear that. Seems to go away itself. I bought the pigeon nasal aspirator to suck out her mucus, try to suck out but got nothing le.

Dr Adrain say I can consider induce cos my hubby always not in town. Can find 1 day when he is in S'pore then induce else noone accompany me.

Furthermore, I'm staying alone with my dogs so a bit dangerous to wait till contract/waterbag burst. My frien told me even induce, it might end up not reaching 10cm. My family have records of late birth so I might end up overdue too.

Sherin,

Normally "branded" milk powder is thicker and it sometimes very heaty for the kids. Mucus is hard to get rid cos their nose so tiny. =) Try to get ur child to drink more water. It might help.

Sherin,

Normally "branded" milk powder is thicker and it sometimes very heaty for the kids. Mucus is hard to get rid cos their nose so tiny. =) Try to get ur child to drink more water. It might help.

Connie, how many dogs do you have? what breed? I've got two westies at home too!
I think induction will be able to open up your cervix. You may want to check with Dr woody abt this. Because when i was going to be induced, i asked him, what if the cervix doesnt open and how long do i have to wait before going for c-sec,etc.

icebaby, i realised it's quite heaty. She has got lotsa pimples now. Now i give her honey mixed with water, if not she'll reject water.

sherin,

With friso upgraded to GOLD, I also realise it is more "heaty" than last time. In 2004, I let my son take Nan (when he rejected Friso 1), I realise Nan is less thick. Also as my kids grow up, they switch from Nespray (because at one stage it went out of stock) to Fern leaf. They are "cheaper" milk and hence realise that, the milk texture is less thick. They then to get less phelgm after that.

As for honey, when my kids drink too much honey, also will have phelgm and mucus. Maybe you can try water chestnut drink or barley.

Your girl smart...dun like plain water. hahaha. I hope after I deliver, my girl be good also...and try to drink ALOT of water.

Sherin,

Mine is border collie cross and JRT.
It look like induce will have higher chance of a need to C-sec. My sis induce and end up C-sec. 2 charges. I want to avoid paying 2 charges.

Mummies: Its instructed 30ml of water to a scoop of fm, but if i find it too thick/sweet can I adjust? 45ml to a scoop instead? My girl does drink plain water but still she has mucus. She is currently on mamex gold.

Sherin: My girl sometimes refuses to sleep too. Sometimes I just leave her in the cot and she is okay. My sis bought her a muscial bear n she seemed entertained by it. But attention span is short.7 more days to end of confinement! Smetimes I still cant believe I m a mother! I have a dog too, a bishon frise and he is getting jealous!

Connie: Intially I have that worry too as my cousin who was induced ended up with emergency c-sect but it does not happen to everyone. For her, she couldnt get the baby out no matter how hard she pushed, gynae felt baby in distress thus ordered c-sect. I was also induced but I managed to give birth naturally.

ah xue, i like bishon frise. Like a white ball. Haha. Next time our dogs and our daughters can play together. My dogs are ok with her le. I will put her on the bouncer on the floor and they will just sit beside her. Initially when she cry and we ignore, they dogs will bark at us to attend to her. Very funny.
I cant believe i'm a mother too! Seems like she was still in my tummy and suddenly now she's almost one month old! Everything is so real now.
My full month resolution: to wake up for her night feeds!
My hubby has been waking up at night then have to work in the morning, feeling abit guilty seeing him so tired.
I mix more water to the FM in the day as compared to night. Like instead of 90 ml to 3 scoops, i give her 100ml or 110 ml to 3 scoops.

Connie, border collie's really smart hor.
I think induction may not end up in c-sec. Really depends one lo. But if you can wait then wait for natural labour to kick in lo. But sometiems with contractions, you may not be dilated as well. So actually the pill sorta helps to soften the cervix for dilation ma.

ND's girl (ndzgirl) ,
I was tested positive at 35wks and I was in contraction at 38weks they want to insert the antibotic drip while in delivery ward bt did not expect i 1st first birth so fast 10cm liao in 1hr+ time so cannot make it the antibotic drip

hi ladies, i'm new here, and ttc.

I would like yr advice on Dr Adrian Woodworth. I understand that he has this package. I read that we shouldnt sign up for this package too early till the pregnancy is stable? What are your advice?

Also, when should we start visiting the gynae if we suspect that we may be preg?

hi ladies, i'm also seeing Dr Woody at his SK clinic.

i need some advice... i've always wanted to stay in a 1-bedded ward when i deliver at TMC but heard tat the cost is quite exp... as i'll be going for c-sect n this is my 1st bb, i really hope my hubby can stay wz me when i'm in hosp... i've heard abt the free upgrades to a 2 bedded ward for those who chose 4 bedded but is this guaranteed? sigh, i'm in a dilemma really. i dun mind staying in a 2 bedded if the cost difference is substantial but i worry tat i maybe 1 of the unlucky ones who dun get the free upgrade ... anyone can advise?

eve,

There is NO guarantee that you get the free upgrade as it depends if all the 4 bedders are being used already. However, I think you can request for a change to 2 bedder on that day if you find out that you didn't get the upgrade. =)

hi icebaby,
thks for ur reply...
happy.gif
i guess so too.

i jus heard frm another MTB tat TMC only has 1 unit of 4 bedded ward, anyone knws if this is true?

Hi Eve,

There is only 1 4 bedder in TMC. its used for day surgeries so they wont put u there.

They will tell your hubby which room you will be getting during registration. At that point of time, you can still choose to take 1bedder.

u might be lucky to be the only one in the 2bedder... like my colleague.

Type of rooms
When I booked my rm the other time, was told by the clinic asst that can only upgrade on the day of delivery cannot downgrade. Anyway, it also depends on the availabilty of the rooms that TMC has on the day of your delivery. I had booked a 1 bedder but was allocated 2 bedder when hubby did the admissions thingy cos no 1 bedder available. 10 mins before I was wheeled up to the ward then they told us got 1 bedder available.

Ladies,

if i am not wrong, if you are dr woody's patient, you will be able to get an auto upgrade....however i did not make use of the auto-upgrade...taken a one-bedder...

I just went to see Dr Adrain last night.
Have ask him abt the room book but his nurse say there is no auto upgrade. She say a lot of customer complaint cos wrong information provided.

It look like the 4 bedded upgrade to 2 bedded chances reduce since they increase to 3 rooms.

Anyone find difficulty to sleep? Left 2 months but not easy to sleep cos can only sleep sideway. BB kick on the right so only left side. Left hips seem to be painfull. Kept waking up.

Not sure about the upgrade. I took a one-bedder.
Coz i felt the 2-bedder was very cramped.

connie, my last two months was very bad. Can hardly sleep for 4 hours at night. I had very bad heartburns and will have to sit up to sleep. Plus my baby was hyper at night.
Guess there's nothing you can do about this. Just have to endure and try to catch as much sleep as you can now.
Try to think positively, it's a kind of training that your body is giving you. Coz you'll also have to wake up at night when baby is out!
Once you see your baby, everything, and all the sleepless nights are worth it!
Jia you!

avocado
good leh your birth so short. I think my fren say her bb was sent for test to see whether she got infected or not cos my fren is also tested positive.

hi ladies,
thks for all ur replies... i've heard tat TMC is undergoing some renovations so the increase of the 4 bedded units may be true, so sad
sad.gif
if chances of the free-upgrade is lower, then i might take the 1 bedded... aiyo, really in a dilemma leh cos hubby is the only one working now... i wan to help save cost but on the other hand, i dunno if i'll regret taking 2 or 4 bedded cos hubby wont be able to stay wz me...

btw, i'm almost reaching my 5th mth now. when must i let Dr Woody knw wat kind of room i want?

i jus called TMC to re-cfmd on the number of 4 bedded rms n boy, the lady who ans was RUDE n didnt want to ans my qn, replying "if u choose 4 bedded, we'll gv u 4 bedded so u dun hv to worry"

i mean hello? my qn to her was HOW MANY units of 4 bedded rms does TMC hv n NOT will i get a 4 bedded if i choose 4 bedded. she also sounded so impatient! anyway, i told her off n only then she replied tat TMC has 2 units of 4 bedded rms now. bah! so much for gd service at TMC

Eve,

Wah seh.

But when I went for the hospital visit the customer service counter and other counters and the lady that brought us for hospital tours were all very good. I.E very service oriented.

Maybe she is having her "bad day"...so dun let 1 black sheep ruin ur mood. =)

So eve, wow the lady very rude leh.. So there are actually two 4-bedded rms? I think I might try to get the 4-bedded if really no upgrade hen I will ask for 2-bedded..
happy.gif

Hi ladies,

I think TMC seem to be undergoing some renvo. I believe Dr Adrian will do upgrade if possible. The first night when I was there, I was given a 4-bedded ward as per my booking. However, after I had given birth, I was switched to a 2-bedded ward. But if you wan hubby to stay with you, then got to opt for one bedded. You can tell the clinic nurse when its nearing your edd and she will do the booking. My edd was in end Mar and I did the booking in end Jan.

Eve: Just to share with you, my friend gave birth last year in Dec @TMC via C-section. She stayed there for 3 nights in a 1-bedded. Her hubby stayed there with her. Her total payable bill in cash was about 3k. ( after deducting medisave ) So if cost may be an issue, then maybe you may want to opt for a 4 bedded or 2 bedded. Anyway its only for a few days. keke. I stayed at TMC for 3 nights, deliver naturally and total I need pay in cash is about $750.

I agree with icebaby, most of the staffs @ TMC are pretty nice. Dun be put off by one such person ar. I did call before and spoke to one who didnt sound very friendly and helpful too.

Sherin: is your girl taking plain water already? Sometimes before my girl's feed, I will feed her with plain water first. When they are hungry they may just drink it, even though its tasteless.

Mummies: anyone here who rebond/colour hair during breastfeeding? I asked Dr Adrian and he said it is ok. However, my hairdresser advised me against it.

Ahxue,

Me going TMC at 9pm tonight to induce. Last evening, Dr Woody says water bag level low so best to induce. Hopefully everything goes well and can be natural birth...dun wish it to be C-section.

icebaby: i was really pissed wz the woman yday but i wont blacklist TMC jus bcos of her lah. however, she's not the only 1 at TMC which i find rude... when i went for my NT scan the last time, the lady who was doing the registeration was also impatient n impolite

storeberry: *waves* nice to see u here too
happy.gif
after discussing wz hubby, i guess i'll book a 4 bedded n if no upgrade then i'll change to 2 bedded when i'm there

Ahxue: thks for sharing abt ur frd's bill. i guess $3K is really alot... my sis who gave birth last dec at TMC paid abt $2.5k in cash (she took 1 bedded n it was natural)

Eve,

I guess there are some "rude" people out there. And yes, when I was at TMC doing detail scanning..i also find the recept there not friendly BUT the doc that did the scanning was very good and nice.

Thanks for the comfort.

icebaby: Jia you! I believe u can do it. Remember to breathe in and out when contractions set in. This will help the cervix to open. Will look forward to hearing from you! You mus be very excited, nervous, anxious etc. I remembered the very day Dr A told me to be admited, I couldn't sit still. I kept looking at the clock, not knowing if I wished 11pm to come faster or slower. He asked me to admit @11pm. My hub did the admission while I went to the observation room. They will insert a pill for you first. If it doesnt work then next morning they may put u on drip.I am so excited for u!!

Rem to eat first before u go. I ate dinner but was so hungry when I was sent to my ward. The nurses at the Observation Room told me I aint allow to eat but when I was at my ward, I really couldnt take it and I asked for biscuits n milo. I wonder how do I push when I am starving?

I agree with u that the recept are nt very friendly. But the nurses in the Observation room are
happy.gif
And with Dr A, you are in good hands. Rem to bring camera and sweater.

Ahxue,

thanks. I wrote down all the things to bring later. Now still wondering what to eat for dinner before going there.

Am still not home yet. Still got another 1.5 hrs before hubby can leave work (am in his office now). After that have dinner, then go home take bus and do last minute packing. I think will leave around 8.15pm to TMC.

Hey, do u know if in the delivery ward..do they allow us to ON the TV? Cos my hubby asking.

icebaby: Yeah the tv will be on! There will be an armchair kinda of ( though not very comfy ) for yr hubby to rest.

Back