Any C-section mummies who had done postnatal massage

blisslive

Hi

Can any c-section mummies share on their postnatal massage experiences eg how long after delivery then you do your postnatal massage, did the massage lady massage your tummy, bind your tummy ? how the massage lady massage for you...etc

Hi bee

Isn't that going to hurts when you do the massage 2 weeks after delivery ?

did the massage lady massage your tummy and do the binding for you ?

did your tummy flatten after the maasage ?

No, u need to inform her, and she will not do too hard on yr op part.

yes, massage and binding.

yes, the binding really helps.

Hi Charmaine,

my fren did jamu massage after reaching abt 2 mth of her c-sec as advise by her doctor. Her massage lady also frm traditional holistic and she also find still effective as the result that her tummy slim quite fast after the jamu massage. You may visit their website jamumassage.com or like me I went to their outlet at kovan centre.

Hi just to share I did Jamu massage by Mona 3 weeks after c -section. as recommended by gynae and massage therapist. [IMG=http://www.singaporemotherhood.com/forumboard/clipart/happy.gif]

hi, i also did my postnatal massage by Mona 4weeks aft c-sec. everything went well..she will go slow on the opt part and she did the binding as well

Hi little girl,

You may try malay heritage jamu massage. Had my postnatal with their therapist Mdm June. Nice lady. They are registered company too. You can check more informations from their website malayheritagejamumassage.com

hi, i did my postnatal massage after 3 weeks of c-sect. No problem, just don't massage the scar area.

Little girl,

I had booked Mona for my next confinement, she is popular, but not sure good or not. Think is her own business, no company.

HI ivftwins,

You could try with traditional& holistic postnatal centre as I had their service too after my c-sec and the therapist is very experience as with all the quires I had, she is able to answer. She told me that their company therapists are all certified and well trained. Slight ex but I'm very satisfied with the service provide.

i read so many good reviews about mdm ida and decided to try her out.

sad to say, she is very disappointing.

she massages me like only for a while..as in,a few strokes on my calf thigh, a few strokes on my tummy. the only thing commendable is the head massage. frankly i dont feel anything from the massage at all, and the way she binds is not tight at all and doesnt reach up to my rib cage like its supposed to.

Although my previous ML did the massage 2 weeks after my c-sect delivery, which is too early and it was very painful, i feel that it feels more effective, be it the massage or binder. at least the massage was so called complete and could tell she really used strength and technique.

why didnt i go back to my previous ML? i didnt know i had to start my massage a month after c sect delivery back then. ithought back and realised my ML then told me i could start after 2 weeks..and it was so painful i teared everytime she came to massage me. so i felt kind of "cheated" .

i also did not receive any free baby massage as mentioned in some of the posts.

im wondering if it is cos i told her im a slient reader on the forum thats why im being short-changed.

yes she is very friendly and give advice but what i want is to slim down.

im not trying to say mdm ida is not good. but im really disappointed. am already at about 6th week after delivery. wonder if there is going to be any use trying other MLs and who to try??? sigh!!

HiChanelleau,

sad to hear about your case. That why my fren advise me when I'm still searching for recommendation for massage therapists, she advise me to get from companies rather that freelance therapists. Although you pay slight expensive but get those with experience and certified. End up I engaged therapist from traditional & holistic postnatal centre.Really satisfied with their service as their lady boss Mdm Rokiah are long in postnatal biz and many mummies in the forum had their service. I really enjoy my sessions throughout my 10days sessions. Even till now I will email them if I have quires on my bb or breastfeeding. You may just call their company or visit their website jamumassage.com

My massage is not done by Mdm Rokiah as she now only support mummies with Bf issue.Many mummies who had BF problem in these forum got her service as I saw they posted in and even she visit hospital upon clients request. But got to know frm her therapist that serve me, all of their company therapists are experience, certified and well trained by her personally.Few of my frens also had their service too and give gd feedback.

Grace, thanks for the recommendation. Traditional & Holistic post natal care centre is called Jamu Massage right? website is www.jamumassage.com

I am thinking of signing up with thme as well.

How long after delivery C-sect did you start massage?

these type of massage no side effect for breastfeeding mums right? as in the medicine used wont get absorbed into the milk ducts right?

Hi, Chanelleau (chanelleau)

Just to ask there are two mdm Idas I heard. So I have asked which I think is the popular one for pre-natal massage. She does use strength and is good so far.. just noticed that maybe she finished earlier than 10 miuntes. Is this the same mdm ida as urs? I also know abt her through here.

Oh shit! My wife and I just met the passing guest who stays in a condo in Woodlands.

That’s how she introduced herself!!!

She came almost 40minutes late and started massaging my wife almost immediately after seeing my wife. We didn’t really time her because we wanted a good service but we felt the session was shorter than 45minutes.

After the massage session, we came to talk about the package. To me, she was unclear (not transparent) and unprofessional talking about her package. She keeps pushing my wife to purchase the 14 sessions, telling my wife she got lots of “FENG”/ 风 inside her body. Then she talking about the silvering at night that some women would experience. She didn’t said how much the 14 sessions as my wife said 7 to 10 sessions should be enough. She told my wife to take 12 sessions. After some time, we then knew the cost of 10 sessions is for $750. My wife said is too expensive for 45minutes/ session.

After talking halfway, she wanted to talk in the living room and she told us the 5+1 package is for $600 in which we found it too expensive.

We ended up with no conclusion because she seems to be rushing somewhere and we paid her the service of $100 although she asked for $120.

I got quite mad with her service and asked my wife how this could happened.

My wife being forgetful after delivery told me that she did ask several times for the package price but she refused to discuss over the phone. She insisted to tell my wife when they met.

After getting quite piss off, I wanted to check for other postnatal massager and found the following comments about her where some scenarios were same.

1) Posted on Monday, September 12, 2005 - 2:12 pm:

http://www.singaporemotherhood.com/forumboard/messages/36738/376252.html?1134487540

2) Posted on Wednesday, February 04, 2009 - 11:30 am:

3) Posted on Wednesday, February 11, 2009 - 7:03 pm:

Really regret didn’t found out these comments earlier.

After all, my wife told me the massage wasn’t relaxing and was painful process to her. I felt cheated for her unprofessional service or passing guest service.

I didnt have good experience with Mdm Ida too. The one I engaged was the one very popular in the forum with a sister or SIL in the same trade.I tried her pre-natal massage but found her so so. Her stroke though strong, was very fast like rushing for time type, no routine etc.

My massage like Chanelleau was a mere 30mins though the actual session should last 60mins. I had to ask her "are you sure you are done" that she started to ask me where else I want to massage?

It was my 1st and last to try her again.

I agree! She is like super busy like that. when she comes she was like rush here rush there, says how busy she is, says how she check the forums, says how ppl are badmouthing her or imitating her and causing her trouble...and when she finished I asked her she alo said where else to massage! It's because so many ppl recommended her so I thought I try her but her behaviour is like not as reflected as in the postings

Call:Mdm Mas/Masita (90510005)

*Post Natal Massage*

$50 for 90mins

She do full body massage from head to toes,

in any case if mummies has blocked milk ducts, She will help clear blocked ducts as well..

no extra charges for the wrapping cloth..

last day of the post natal session, you only pay ($40)

follow by a traditional tummy wrapping (bengkong), which is a long cotton cloth to,

shrinks the tummy and helps mummies reduce weight.

every sessions she will helps to push up the uterus, clears water retention, blood clot, wind & spasm.

Her postnatal massage includes a 90mins customized body massage to relief stress & muscle tension.

She use Herbs essential oil mixed with unique qualities that aid to relieve wind and body ache.

she will apply special fat burner lotion before performing the tummy wrapping.

*Head To Toes Full Body Massage*

$40 for 90mins

*Pre-Natal Massage*

$40 for 90mins

*Miscarriage*

$50 for 90mins

no tpt charges islandwide and no hidden cost..

no standard package,is all up to individual budget & judge the result yourself..

for me, i did my massage 1 month after the C-Section. as per instructed by my gynae, so i followed. yes i did the binding and everything, i find that the wind really all come out and its helpful

Hi,

I also delivered via c-section. I only started my massage on the 6th week after delivery cause my hb was worried that the wound will be affected. It's only after my gynae confirmed that my wound is ok during the last checkup, that I started the post-natal massage.

I engaged Mdm Ida for my post natal massage too, but I found her quite good. On the first visit, she'll look at my wound before starting her massage. And because mine's c-sec, she advise that its better not to use too much pressure at the tummy area as the insides might not be totally well yet. I agreed with her as my gynae did told us previously that the wound inside will take around 2months to recover.

Even though she didn't use alot of pressure at my tummy area, I found that my saggy tummy didnt 'drop-down' that much after the 1st session. After the 2nd session, I started to feel my stomach muscle which I cant feel for the past 9months. And because of that, my stomach kinda start to firm up. I think her binding helps as she wrapped me up with the long cloth before using the velcro binder outside. Unlike the doc's binder, her's was tight and firm, can help to tuck the tummy in.

Besides that, she also help me to massage my breast and clears the blockage. I tried the massage by the lactation nurse in the hospital and its super painful. When Mdm Ida touches my breast, I was bracing myself for the pain. But to my surprise, her massage wasn't painful and she clear the clots better. I can see the milk shooting out whereas for the lactation nurse, she squeeze my boobs sooooo hard and pain, only afew drops come out. Really big difference.

As for baby massage, she asked me on her first visit whether I want her to do massage on my baby. She advise me to check with my mum (baby's main caregiver) and hb first and let her know whether we want anot because some families doesn't want people to massage baby. Both my hb and mum are ok, so she did the massage for my bb and gave me a bottle of baby oil for us to do the massage ourselves in future.

Im still continuing my massage with her now. Hopefully my tummy can go smaller. [IMG=http://www.singaporemotherhood.com/forumboard/clipart/happy.gif]

I hope it isreally as what you say because despite the misgivings, I still booked her for my postnatal as I want to observe if she's really as they say. I just find it weird that since so many recommended her it's a bit strange that her behaviour seems to be extremely hurried instead.

Hi,

just came in n say hi to all..

i did pre-natal with mdm ida.. she is very professional..

she tell me that she can't use lots of pressure as that time i am only 24 weeks..

but after the massage i feel so relax..

n for what i see, she is not rushing type of person..

cuz after the massage she still ask me to walk around n see whether my back still pain anot..

now i'm with her doing post-natal.. today is Day 2 for the massage..

i really love her service..

she clear my breast blockage n my milk really increase..

my stomach also getting smaller n smaller..

Baby massage:

she tell me that she will teach me how to massage my baby..

as for now my baby is yellow.. so doc advise not to massage..

for c-sec case cuz the wound is still painful,

so she will not bind very tight at the scar area..

timing for massage:

i dun think she massage only 30mins den go off..

my massge always last for 1 hour plus..

i think there is two mdm ida here in the forum..

so better check properly..

Can I just check is this the same mdm ida we are talking about? Her tel is 94249829. I have read through other forums an realised there seems to be 3 mdm idas? So can just verify this tel is the same one that you guys are using?

Hi Alys,

Yes, my massage lady, Mdm Ida's mobile is 9424 9829. She's quite nice and friendly. She will sms me when she's on her way here, though she already told me timing beforehand. I think that's quite nice of her as I can better prepare myself (I like to pump before the massage, so I can roughly gauge the timing to wash my pump as well).

So far, her massage works for me. My backache also improved after doing the massage. I don't know about others, but I had problem getting up from my bed after the c-sec. And few weeks after the c-sec, I still feel my back aching when Im getting up/down from my bed. But now, I don't feel much of the aching anymore.

I have not tried her pre-natal massage as I only started to look for ML after my delivery. How do you think about her pre-natal massage? I think you can roughly gauge her since you have tried her massage.

Hi Raspy,

I think maybe I tried her pre-natal massage so mayb can feel a difference in her attitude. Because she told me (only after she arrived) that she does not place much emphasis on pre-natal. She places more emphasis on post-natal massage. For my pre-natal, we changed the timings a few times before she managed to appear. Sometimes she will tell you Sat is all right then she will change last min to Sun at 7.30am in the morning! Then sometimes she tell you Sun is her off day so I also feel like drag by the nose like that la at times. It's true she will message before she comes so that is the good part. I was just only very surprised that she missed ten minutes of the session and like was in a rush to go somewhere else already.

Hi Alys,

From what I know, Sunday is Mdm Ida's off day. My massage span over the weekends and she told me up front that she won't be able to do on Sunday as its her only off day to spend with her family. But she coached me to do the binding (tying of that long cloth) so that I can do it myself.

So far my massage sessions are on all consecutive days (beside that Sunday), she hasn't missed any of our appointments. There's 1 day, she wasn't feeling very well (think she having some diarrhea), but she still came for my massage. She told me that she'll try to make it for all her appointments, if her condition permit. But for pre-natal massage, she's more cautious as she thinks preg mummies are more vulnerable to virus. Any reason why she changed your timing previously?

Usually it's because she says she has appts already so we will try sundays. then afterwards on fri or even sat mornings she will say can she do it on sat instead. that's when i usually make plans already. then when i reminded her sunday, she says it's her day off and she doesn't do sundays! den later on she will change her mind and says if she can do on sunday. I started trying to get her from 24 or 26 weeks which she say is safe for prenatal massage and she won't do after 32 weeks. in that period, i only manage to meet her once after changing timings few times. also, she won't do prenatal on weekdays.

Hi Chanelleau,

I agree with you. I’m disappointed with Mdm Ida too. I read many good reviews about her too but she is not as good as what the review says.

I have a session with her after my 3 child was born. She was gng all over my body, jumping here and there. Im not sure she knows which part she already massage and which part she haven. Lucky for me, that was only trial session.

Hi alys (etlo) , the one I tried is the popular Mdm Ida.

Hi, just thought to share my massage experience with Noura Sam in case anybody is looking up on her. Find her massages ok but don't like it that she comes late and finishes early. Her charges are not cheap either. For me, there's still a tummy after completing the sessions though it is smaller.

hi mummy sound all like dispointed with the massage lady. i like to recomended you my massage lady she is malay her name jenny, she is my family massage lady we get to know her abt 7yrs, so far we happy and satisfice with her service, now i am pregnant againt, i can guaranted her service she will come on time she will never miss her appointment with us, she not rushing and the massage will be 1 hour 30mnt sametime more than that. tray her this is her no 83305461

Hi mummies,

Just share my postnatal massage for my 1st & 2nd bb by traditional & holistic postnatal centre. Reallly satisfied with their service as got to know all their therapists are personally trained by their lady boss who've got many yrs experience for postnatal massage. Their shop have just shifted from kovan to joo chiat rd. My advise make many search before you decide to to engage someone. Their website jamumassage.com

Hi!

I'm letting go of a post-natal jamu slimming treatment package from Spa Rael. You can easily search for them online.

They are located in Orchard Road, at Goodwood Park Hotel. There are 6 treatments in total, which include 6 x 60 minutes of manual treatment massage and either 6 x steam room or thermal blanket wrap after the treatment. The massage uses with traditional jamu oil made from 24 herbs. You can also choose to have the Natura Bisse cream (instead of jamu oil) for the 60 minutes massage (Natura Bisse is used in the Oscars and Golden Globes).

This is a spa in Goodwood Park Hotel and the service and staff are great. I was with them pre-natal and post-natal. I bought 2 packages and have finished 1, and it was so effective, I didn't need the 2nd package, so I am selling it.

It usually costs $2000 for the 6 treatments package at Spa Rael. I am selling at 50% off - $950 only. For all 6 treatments. No more to pay. Pay in cash or bank transfer.

Please PM me for details or if interested. There is no expiry date to the package. or email mahjong9 at yahoo dot com

Thank you

p/s: * this is not a sexual service

Hi mommies,

anyone has just enganged Mdm Ida for her post natal massage? I have seen 2 extreme feedback about her. I can't seem to decide if I should give her a chance

Pls advice

Thank you in advance

Hi Ginger and Chanelleau,

I thought of trying Mdm Ida and got her at this number 94361463. She is actually coming to my house next Sunday! I am surprised that she is available so easily then I realised that this might be the one that you are talking about. Can you pls verify the hp number?

Now very worried...

does any one have Mona contact? i would like to engaged her service, thx

Back