Any breastpump to recommend

Ozzie, thanks for the info on distributor! Will be very helpful if I need to get parts/servicing!

Are you using the Purely Yours too? So far you are the 1st mommy I've come across who is using it.
happy.gif

I wonder why it is not so common in Singapore. Is it a new model?

i have also placed (last weekend) order for Ameda Purely Yours Breast Pump with Carry All from QuickMedical - which i find is the best offer US168.11 so far compare to other offering at US199.95 (+ free ground shipment), just that I have to include the ground shipment free US 7.66, total US175.77 to ship to vpost in US still cheaper for those with free ground shipment. Im using vpost to ship it to Singapore.

For mommies who ordered the pump from USA, you will need to buy an adapter/tranformer here for the local voltage.

There are 2 ways in which you can do it. If you go to those DIY hardware shop, you can get a transformer for about $16. But for this, you will need to piggyback the original USA adapter onto this transformer, so it's pretty bulky and heavy.

Otherwise, you can go Sim Lim to purchase an adapter ($38) that fits directly with the pump, so you don't need to use the USA adapter at all. I find this method much better since it is much lighter.

It is my understanding that the Ameda Purely Yours in the US is the same pump as the Ameda Lactaline sold here. Same pump different name.

From the MIM website
"This Ameda Lactaline breastpump is similar to the Purely Yours sold in the USA market, just that our Lactaline Pump is built for our local voltage."

I read that the Medela PIS is good. I saw from First Years at Paragon that the normal PIS version is selling at $420 if I didn't remember wrongly.

im selling off some items, do PM me if interested:

1) MEDELA MINI ELECTRIC (single breast pump)
-only bought in mid FEB, only used once, sterilised and back on box. giving baby FM so no longer need pump
selling at $155

2)PIGEON - Breastmilk cooler bag (brand new)
selling at $48

3)PIGEON - nursing pads 36s (unopened)
selling at $10

self collection at mrt station (sembwg, admiralty, woodlands)

hello mummies here
need to seek some advice. do you know if i get an an Avent duo electric pump, can i use another brand. e.g pigeon milk bottles for milk collection during pumping? or vice versa?

also do anybody know if this Avent silicon massage pad can it be used on different brand pump funnel too?

<font color="0000ff">fatfat,
You can use other brand's bottle with Avent provided that it's wide mouth like Avent's bottles. Do try them out before purchasing as manufacturer's designs may change.

As for the petal massager, I've only tried with Ameda funnel. It can fit but not very well and can fall out.

Actually, you can head down to BMSG to try the Demo Pumps before purchasing.
http://www.breastfeeding.org.sg/demo-pumps.html</font>

thanks Bbloh, the website is very informative.
btw, any mummies here have use the Medela free style pump. i normaly only see the PIS in shops but not the free style

<font color="aa00aa">Sorry to be kaypoh. Have you consult a Lactation Consultant regarding this? It's not too late to do so as breastfeeding is really good for both mother and child (if circumstances permit).</font>

I am selling my Medela Freestyle breast pump which was used less than 5 times.

More About This Item:
* Bought in July 2011 locally
* As good as new, still kept in box
* US import set but comes with local warranty
* Motor unit still under local warranty (till end June 2012)
* Selling at S$599 because it comes with close to 1 year's local warranty (ie. as gd as new!). Retail price is S$959

What’s Included:
* Attractive tote bag
* Hands-Free Kit (unused)
* 2 bra adapters (unused)
* 2 replacement bra adapters - universal (unused)
* 2 replacement bra adapters - hook &amp; eye (unused)
* Support belt &amp; extension (unused)
* 2 - 24 mm SoftFit™ breastshields
* Breastshield Spare Parts Kit - 2 breastshield bodies; 2 membranes; 2 back caps (unused)
* 1 set of tubing
* 4 - 5 oz breastmilk bottles, lids &amp; travel cap
* Wide base slow flow nipple
* Rechargeable lithium-ion battery (charged but never used)
* Power cord &amp; charger
* Contoured ice pack
* Removable cooler carrier
* Instructions &amp; quick start card
* Breastfeeding guide to enhance your breastfeeding experience

**Free with This Hot Deal**
- Brand-new Medela Purelan breast cream
- Adaptor for local use. So it is truly plug-and-play in Singapore
- PersonalFit (Size S)
- Breastfeeding guide
- Brand-new receiving blanket-cum-towel (2-in-1 function)

More About Medela Freestyle
* Hands-free accessories provides the freedom for true pumping mobility
* Rechargeable battery allows for 3 hours of pumping time per charge
* Small and lightweight weighs less than 1 pound and can fit in the palm of your hand
* 2-Phase Expression technology - smart and powerful pumping that is proven to mimic a baby's natural nursing pattern and get more milk in less time
LCD screen, digital display lit screen provides a digital display that can also be used as a nightlight for those late pumping sessions
* Memory button allows mom to save her favorite pumping pattern for ease and efficiency for the next pumping session
* Cute tote bag holds pumping essentials and more. All of the coordinating accessories are removable, so tote can be used separately.
* Unit Weight: 2.3 kg
* Unit Size/Packaging: 21cm x 49cm x 32cm
* Vacuum: 50-250 mmHg
* Power: 60 HZ

Hurry and PM me while it is still available!

Back