any 35 and above trying for their first?

Hi everyone it has been a while since I update we went to Dr Tho @ JE Astra, went for blood test, Hb went for his analysis too, I was diagnosed with fibroid & 1 blood cyst was on 4 rounds of clomid due to eggs odd sizes & immature but still unsuccessful dur to Hb very low sperm motile rate & he was resistant to the supplements recommended to him (Spent $600 for that) .. :( I even went for the sono test. Eventually my eggs got better and are in good shape but Hb still not really improving, very disappointed, we change trememdously on our diet and lifestyle with the hopes bb dust falls on us. But still disappointment every month, last month my M was late for 6 days! I almost thought there was hope finally... but.. Doc suggested that we try for IUI.. Will be going in Dec, if this still doesn't work I really dont know what to do anymore. In 3 mth times we have spent more 1K just for checks & supplements.
Hello, may I ask how old are u? I'm 36 turning 37 and did IUI last year December but didn't conceive and now gg for my first ivf cycle. Both hub and I are okay, cleared all tests so its sort of like unexplained.

If sperm is the issue, success rates with IUI will not be too high..

Personally I kinda regret we didn't go straight to ivf cuz the pain is rather comparable in terms of the jabs and IUI albeit cheaper than ivf but still..

Hi, i'm 37 turning 38 later this year. Started IVF journey from late 2019, had a polyp removed via surgery followed by an uneventful IVF cycle which extracted 2 eggs of which only 1 remained to be frozen. Second round of IVF more aggressive and my body responded poorly producing only 1 B grade egg. Inserted in the frozen but now turned out to be a AA grade egg from 1st cycle + the B grade egg. Outcome, not successful. I told doc that i believe my body don't respond well to too much medication and she agrees that the next round should be natural IVF method.

To begin with, i was told my reserves are low for my age and on top of that i have a massive 7cm fibroid attached to the outside of my uterus, on the top of it. So although it should not affect fertility, but the risk of it growing and giving me problems during pregnancy is high. Most doc will recommend removal, but that will mean 1 yr of downtime for recovery. If no removal, its like a ticking bomb don't know how and when it might be a problem. i chose to keep it.

4 months after my unsuccessful ivf. I got pregnant, naturally in Aug this year, despite being on the brink of considering donor egg. But 9 weeks later, i MC, it was a missed miscarriage, this is recent. I was in shocked, but i try to overcome it by telling myself that at least it proved i could get pregnant, naturally, with my own egg.

I've actually resigned from work since Feb2019 to focus on TTC. Spent time at TCM clinics, accupunture, meds (TCM + CoQ10, Omega 3, DHEA), destress, and i think all that actually helps in conceiving naturally.

While i'm recovering now, i am briefly contemplating if i should start job hunting... but i'm also worried a new job will stress me and affect fertility as well. So i might just decide to stay jobless and continue TTC. Time is against me for my age and i want to remain committed to TTC. i guess career can go on a long sabbatical for now...

My advice for all ladies from my experience so far...
- One good egg is all it takes, even if you have low reserves and everyone telling you it will be challenging.
- IVF may not be suitable for everyone. For my situation, i'm not sure it helped much.
- Stress plays a bigger role than we think, in fertility. So take time out, relax, go for walks, even if leaving your career is not a option for you. Try to not be engaged in too much fight or flight mode, affects cortisol levels. This was advice given to me by a good friend and i took it seriously.
- Stay strong, positive, preserve. I know its easier said that done. But find channels of support, like how i have through all you wonderful women out here sharing your experiences. Every time i cry due to recent MC, i urge myself to read all your stories to find strength. To tell myself i'm not alone. :)

Last edited:
Hi, i'm 37 turning 38 later this year. Started IVF journey from late 2019, had a polyp removed via surgery followed by an uneventful IVF cycle which extracted 2 eggs of which only 1 remained to be frozen. Second round of IVF more aggressive and my body responded poorly producing only 1 B grade egg. Inserted in the frozen but now turned out to be a AA grade egg from 1st cycle + the B grade egg. Outcome, not successful. I told doc that i believe my body don't respond well to too much medication and she agrees that the next round should be natural IVF method.

To begin with, i was told my reserves are low for my age and on top of that i have a massive 7cm fibroid attached to the outside of my uterus, on the top of it. So although it should not affect fertility, but the risk of it growing and giving me problems during pregnancy is high. Most doc will recommend removal, but that will mean 1 yr of downtime for recovery. If no removal, its like a ticking bomb don't know how and when it might be a problem. i chose to keep it.

4 months after my unsuccessful ivf. I got pregnant, naturally in Aug this year, despite being on the brink of considering donor egg. But 9 weeks later, i MC, it was a missed miscarriage, this is recent. I was in shocked, but i try to overcome it by telling myself that at least it proved i could get pregnant, naturally, with my own egg.

I've actually resigned from work since Feb2019 to focus on TTC. Spent time at TCM clinics, accupunture, meds (TCM + CoQ10, Omega 3, DHEA), destress, and i think all that actually helps in conceiving naturally.

While i'm recovering now, i am briefly contemplating if i should start job hunting... but i'm also worried a new job will stress me and affect fertility as well. So i might just decide to stay jobless and continue TTC. Time is against me for my age and i want to remain committed to TTC. i guess career can go on a long sabbatical for now...

- One good egg is all it takes, even if you have low reserves and everyone telling you it will be challenging.
- IVF may not be suitable for everyone. For my situation, i'm not sure it helped much.
- Stress plays a bigger role than we think, in fertility. So take time out, relax, go for walks, even if leaving your career is not a option for you. Try to not be engaged in too much fight or flight mode, affects cortisol levels. This was advice given to me by a good friend and i took it seriously.
- Stay strong, positive, preserve. I know its easier said that done. But find channels of support, like how i have through all you wonderful women out here sharing your experiences. Every time i cry due to recent MC, i urge myself to read all your stories to find strength. To tell myself i'm not alone. :)
So sorry for your miscarriage. When I miscarried my first baby, many people told me somehow your fertility improves thereafter, and true enough, I became preggy again within a year. I always tell myself if Zoe Tay can give birth to her first baby at age 37, and Fann Wong at age 43, so can we. Don't give up hope! I have heard so many stories of friends and colleagues saying doctors have told them they have a low chance of becoming pregnant naturally, but they all had two or more children now.

So sorry for your miscarriage. When I miscarried my first baby, many people told me somehow your fertility improves thereafter, and true enough, I became preggy again within a year. I always tell myself if Zoe Tay can give birth to her first baby at age 37, and Fann Wong at age 43, so can we. Don't give up hope! I have heard so many stories of friends and colleagues saying doctors have told them they have a low chance of becoming pregnant naturally, but they all had two or more children now.
Thanks for the encouragement :)

Hi everyone it has been a while since I update we went to Dr Tho @ JE Astra, went for blood test, Hb went for his analysis too, I was diagnosed with fibroid & 1 blood cyst was on 4 rounds of clomid due to eggs odd sizes & immature but still unsuccessful dur to Hb very low sperm motile rate & he was resistant to the supplements recommended to him (Spent $600 for that) .. :( I even went for the sono test. Eventually my eggs got better and are in good shape but Hb still not really improving, very disappointed, we change trememdously on our diet and lifestyle with the hopes bb dust falls on us. But still disappointment every month, last month my M was late for 6 days! I almost thought there was hope finally... but.. Doc suggested that we try for IUI.. Will be going in Dec, if this still doesn't work I really dont know what to do anymore. In 3 mth times we have spent more 1K just for checks & supplements.
Hihi can you share what did you do to improve the eggs quality?

Hello, may I ask how old are u? I'm 36 turning 37 and did IUI last year December but didn't conceive and now gg for my first ivf cycle. Both hub and I are okay, cleared all tests so its sort of like unexplained.

If sperm is the issue, success rates with IUI will not be too high..

Personally I kinda regret we didn't go straight to ivf cuz the pain is rather comparable in terms of the jabs and IUI albeit cheaper than ivf but still..
Hi, I am turning 38 real soon...We are OK to try IUI first.. Maybe you can with me more about IVF, example the cost and how does it really works etc.. Hope the best for you pray hard for you that bb dust falls on you soon!

Hihi can you share what did you do to improve the eggs quality?
Hello, Doc given me Clomid to improve my eggs quality, I responded pretty well after 1 cycle my eggs have improved & was in good size. So Doc gave me another 3 cycle of clomid (partly due to CB) for us to try naturally..But HB side wasn't that ideal..So bb dusts still haven't falls on us yet.

Hi, I am turning 38 real soon...We are OK to try IUI first.. Maybe you can with me more about IVF, example the cost and how does it really works etc.. Hope the best for you pray hard for you that bb dust falls on you soon!
In terms of the jabs, I feel both IVF and IUI are rather similar but more jabs for IVF. There are also multiple visits to the hospital required for transvaginal scans to monitor the growth of your follicles and lining (applicable for both procedures).

IUI is less invasive as there's no egg retrieval required. Your SO just need to deposit his semen on the day of insemination, the sperm will be washed and then insert into your uterus to help the process along.

For IVF you will be required do a day procedure to retrieve the follicles and the lab will either adopt IVF or ICSI to fertilise your eggs externally (SO also needs to deposit semen on the same day). They will monitor the growth and depending on a few factors like embryo quality, body condition etc... your doctor will advise whether if you can do a fresh or frozen transfer.

For the financials maybe you can check with the nurses before you start your iui, sorry cuz I didn't really manage the financials for both my procedures..

Perhaps your doctor can better advise which procedure will work best but so far most ladies feel IUI is a 'waste of time' and regretted not going for IVF straight, I felt the same way too.

But at the end of the day it also depends on how comfortable you are. IUI is definitely less invasive for sure.

Hope this helps abit

Thanks and baby dust for u too!

I just did my first IVF in Aug but last month failed my first FET.. felt very down and trying to pick myself up.
Now going to go for next FET and can only pray it will succeed. The emotional toll IVF takes on us is really too much and unexpected.. but i tell myself i have to be strong as i really want my baby

I just did my first IVF in Aug but last month failed my first FET.. felt very down and trying to pick myself up.
Now going to go for next FET and can only pray it will succeed. The emotional toll IVF takes on us is really too much and unexpected.. but i tell myself i have to be strong as i really want my baby
Hi! Are u 36 turning 37? We are of the same age and gg for my first FET this month. Trying not to pin too high hopes for the first try as most ladies say first try is like a trial and error and we learn from the first experience to make it better for the 2nd. I know easier say than done as we all hope for good news sooner than later and I will be really disappointed too if my first one fail.

Do u have any more frozen eggs? Stay strong and don't give up okay!

Hi Ladies,

I am 39 this year and still trying for my first. I had one failed IUI and 3 fresh IVF (first cycle failed and two successful).

First IVF in 2017
- retrieved 5 and transferred 2 day-3 embryos
- failed when menses came before BT

Second IVF in 2019
- retrieved 5 and transferred 2 blastocysts
- successful but mc towards end of trimester 1.

Third IVF in 2020
- slightly better lining this time and more eggs.
- retrieved 11 and transferred one early blastocyst and day-4 embryo on 17 Oct and today is 8dp4dt.
- successful and hope these two beans are sticky enough to last for the next 10 months

Although KKH diagnosed me as unexplained infertility but I think my main issues are:
- Cold body / womb
- Low AMH
- I tends to also get heaty easily (not enough sleep/tibits ) so it actually contradict with my cold body issue hence I see the TCM to help with this problem.

So what I think helped me in my improvement of my cycles gradually:
- Regular TCM (once a week for at least 2-3 years) with Chinese herbs.
- Supplements (Prenatal, Maca, Dhea, Royal Jelly, coq10). I also took digestive enzymes as I always have digestive issues.
- Drink red date with wolfberries 2-3 times a week. I diluted the drink so that I will not get too heaty.
- Hiking once a week

While preparing for my current IVF:
- Weekly accupunture for 2-3 months before the IVF cycle starts.
- Eat balance diet with fruits/meat/vegetables especially tofu, salmon, chicken breast, carrot, cherry tomatoes, mushrooms, eggs. No cold water, raw food, cooling stuffs.
- Relax more and didn't get too tense up or rush for appointment. I know it is never easy to relax :) so sometimes what I did was to open my window, empty my mind, breathe in and out slowly and see the surrounding for 3-5 mins.
- Continue with red dates and wolfberries diluted drink.

I would think a good TCM doc is important to us as they understand our body condition and if possible, choose the doctor near you so that you don't need to travel too far.

Best of luck ladies and baby dusts to all of you!View attachment 724337
Congratulations and thanks for sharing ur journey!

I'm also considering starting acupuncture but curious what does the acupuncture help in?

Hi Ladies,

I am 39 this year and still trying for my first. I had one failed IUI and 3 fresh IVF (first cycle failed and two successful).

First IVF in 2017

Second IVF in 2019

Third IVF in 2020
- retrieved 11 and transferred one early blastocyst and day-4 embryo on 17 Oct and today is 8dp4dt.
- successful and hope these two beans are sticky enough to last for the next 10 months

Although KKH diagnosed me as unexplained infertility but I think my main issues are:
- Cold body / womb
- Low AMH
- I tends to also get heaty easily (not enough sleep/tibits ) so it actually contradict with my cold body issue hence I see the TCM to help with this problem.

- Supplements (Prenatal, Maca, Dhea, Royal Jelly, coq10). I also took digestive enzymes as I always have digestive issues.
- Drink red date with wolfberries 2-3 times a week. I diluted the drink so that I will not get too heaty.
- Hiking once a week

- Eat balance diet with fruits/meat/vegetables especially tofu, salmon, chicken breast, carrot, cherry tomatoes, mushrooms, eggs. No cold water, raw food, cooling stuffs.
- Relax more and didn't get too tense up or rush for appointment. I know it is never easy to relax :) so sometimes what I did was to open my window, empty my mind, breathe in and out slowly and see the surrounding for 3-5 mins.

I would think a good TCM doc is important to us as they understand our body condition and if possible, choose the doctor near you so that you don't need to travel too far.

Congrats!! Jus curious why the intervals between ur IVFs is so long?

Hi Ladies,

First IVF in 2017

Second IVF in 2019

Third IVF in 2020

- Cold body / womb
- Low AMH

- Hiking once a week

Congrats! Thanks for sharing your story. Indeed relaxing is an important reminder :)

Thank you ladies!
Congratulations and thanks for sharing ur journey!

I'm also considering starting acupuncture but curious what does the acupuncture help in?
I actually started accupunture many year before my IVF journey. Personally feel that I am not that tired anymore, I also don't feel that cold and better immunity. Usually I need a cardigan when I go to aircon places but not anymore. During IVF accupunture, my current tcm helped me to better circular my blood around my womb area although I am not sure that exact medical terms to use She had some needles on my legs, tummy, sometimes hands and head to help me sleep better and dispense my heat.
Congrats!! Jus curious why the intervals between ur IVFs is so long?
I know my body is not ready to conceive so I tell myself to "tiao" my body properly first. There is no point rushing and fail again.. My amh was 1.6 in 2015 so to be honest, time is like running out for me since I know that amh is supposed to go down gradually. I was surprised that it got increase to 2.8 this time round (although I understand that it does fluctuate) so I felt that tcm, supplement, better lifestyle plays a big role.

Congrats! Thanks for sharing your story. Indeed relaxing is an important reminder :)
thank you dear. yes indeed.. relaxing is never easy.. it is always a tough journey for infertility especially when we hear our relatives and friends getting pregnant so easily and even though we are happy for them but it is difficult for us to feel their joy and excitement..

so I tell myself to relax by shutting down for awhile.. even 1-2 mins is good enough

thank you dear. yes indeed.. relaxing is never easy.. it is always a tough journey for infertility especially when we hear our relatives and friends getting pregnant so easily and even though we are happy for them but it is difficult for us to feel their joy and excitement..

so I tell myself to relax by shutting down for awhile.. even 1-2 mins is good enough
Totally agree too. Although keep telling myself to take it easy, don't stress, when it comes it comes but the stress of not being able to successfully conceive can be overwhelming sometimes and everyone around me seems to have no difficulties conceiving. I feel happy for them but can't help but feel sad for myself sometimes.

Totally agree too. Although keep telling myself to take it easy, don't stress, when it comes it comes but the stress of not being able to successfully conceive can be overwhelming sometimes and everyone around me seems to have no difficulties conceiving. I feel happy for them but can't help but feel sad for myself sometimes.
yes exactly dear.. unfortunately this is something we need to go through and it is really tough. Sometimes I also wonder where we find such strength to go through IVF and many setbacks.

Hi Ladies,

First IVF in 2017

Second IVF in 2019

Third IVF in 2020

- Cold body / womb
- Low AMH

- Hiking once a week

Congrats. Enjoy your journey to motherhood.

How’s your FET preparation? Are you scheduled for transfer soon? Jiayou.

yes exactly dear.. unfortunately this is something we need to go through and it is really tough. Sometimes I also wonder where we find such strength to go through IVF and many setbacks.
And its one thing money can't find and we can't rush the process so really gotta take it easy. At least try to!

Is it a side effect from the meds?

I haven't even started already feeling tired lol

Yes, side effect from medication.

Lol, it’s good to rest more now. Once baby is here, sleep deprive will be common. My pre FET counselor advises me to have more ‘me’ time during this period. It’s ok to be selfish.

Yes, side effect from medication.

Lol, it’s good to rest more now. Once baby is here, sleep deprive will be common. My pre FET counselor advises me to have more ‘me’ time during this period. It’s ok to be selfish.
True! But I guess I am looking forward to the day where I get sleep deprive, too much me time already. Can't wait.

All the best to ur FET!

Hi Ladies,

First IVF in 2017

Second IVF in 2019

Third IVF in 2020

- Cold body / womb
- Low AMH

- Hiking once a week

Congratulations dear! Your perseverance pays!

Hi Ladies,

First IVF in 2017

Second IVF in 2019

Third IVF in 2020

- Cold body / womb
- Low AMH

- Hiking once a week

Congrats to you!

Hi Ladies,

Just an update we have decided to go for IUI, and we have did it just few days ago, overall experiences is quite ok not very stressful and $$ wise still consider ok for us . Will be going back for a check up in 2 weeks times, so mean time pray hard for me ya, hopefully bb dust falls on me this time *praying hard*

Thanks for your advice and stay strong!

Hi! I am 35 and also TTC-ing. You are not alone :)

Been married about 3 years and we have not been actively trying until this year (but also not like REALLY actively trying). But age is catching up and we really hope to have a BB soon. I just started my journey in fertility testing. Went for ultrascans and blood test, due for a HSG test and another blood test. Hubby is due for SA test. Also trying to lose weight because I am overweight and gynae said that this might hamper pregnancy chances.

I think we need to keep a positive mindset and don't dwell too much on it. Relax and just enjoy the process... easier said then done I know. I am also telling myself not to give up and focus on being happy.

Jia You :)
How was it? Im already 36 ang just started to ttc

Hi hi both. For me I am 40. Also married late at 38 but dilly dally throughout the 13 years before tying the knot. After that ttc, see doc then found got fibroids, blood cyst and etc. Settled that already then went straight for ivf. Failed on 1st cycle...just saw sinseh this morning to tiao my body before going for 2nd cycle.
How was it?

Hi Mummies & mimgoh,

Just to share with you all my experience and people's around me. I was diagnosed with gestational diabetic for my 3rd pregnancy at age of 36 eventhough i am not obese. I can truly felt the pain where medical condition risk the baby in womb. I am the lucky one, my baby was delivered healthily and i realised weight/fats in body is actually an issue to any pregnancy. After i delivered my 3rd baby, i went through weight loss and start experiencing the miracles! My cholesterol level dropped to ideal, my back & knee pain gone, & most important i regain confidence in dressing up myself! :)

This is all thanks to the right approach i took to slim down healthily, i start to share with my friends who needs healthy weight loss and some of them conceive at the age of 40! It is really grateful that i open up myself to more options and i am focusing on putting my family in good nutrition & healthy lifestyle.
Hi mind sharing this? Im 36 and started ttc

Married here, both me and husband are 35 and been trying to have a baby for over a year now. We just had our pre-pregnancy consult with Dr Regina Ng, but now we're also looking into fertility screening tests with her husband. Hopefully everything's okay.

I'm just curious if we should already consider IUI and IVF at this point, as some of my friends are older than us and they have no problem getting pregnant.

Married here, both me and husband are 35 and been trying to have a baby for over a year now. We just had our pre-pregnancy consult with Dr Regina Ng, but now we're also looking into fertility screening tests with her husband. Hopefully everything's okay.

I'm just curious if we should already consider IUI and IVF at this point, as some of my friends are older than us and they have no problem getting pregnant.

Fertility tests will surface any issues. If there are issues, then you might need to fix them or/and do IVF or ICSI. If it is only your hubby, it will probably be simpler to fix.

If there are no known issues, and if you both have not led healthy lives, I think you and your hubby should improve your health with lower stress, regular exercise and healthy food while TTC with effective timing and frequency. This will also help with IUI/IVF later should you not get pregnant after six months of the good life.

If both of you have been healthy and have effective timing and frequency, you should start IUI first (maybe with enhanced measures to increase chances), then ICSI IVF (fresh/frozen), with a few months between each cycle to decrease stress and prepare your body.

I am trying for my first too. Been trying to naturally conceive for the past 2 yrs but no avail. Actually quite depressing esp when friends ard me seemed to conceive easily. I am really happy for them but cant help feeling down.

I am thinking of IUI first. However, I am abit confused with how to I should get myself referred to KKH for the govt subsidy? Just go to any polyclinic and ask for a referral? Or can I just proceed to KKH?

Anyone can advice me pls?

I am trying for my first too. Been trying to naturally conceive for the past 2 yrs but no avail. Actually quite depressing esp when friends ard me seemed to conceive easily. I am really happy for them but cant help feeling down.

I am thinking of IUI first. However, I am abit confused with how to I should get myself referred to KKH for the govt subsidy? Just go to any polyclinic and ask for a referral? Or can I just proceed to KKH?

Anyone can advice me pls?

Yes just go polyclinic to get referral letter to Kkh. Polyclinic will make appt on ur behalf. But note that if go through subsidies route u are not allowed to choose doc & is attended by any doc who is on duty.
For private just call in the hospital appt hotline & get ur desire doctor.
Private & subsidies both can get ivf Cofunding & use of Medisave

Yes just go polyclinic to get referral letter to Kkh. Polyclinic will make appt on ur behalf. But note that if go through subsidies route u are not allowed to choose doc & is attended by any doc who is on duty.
For private just call in the hospital appt hotline & get ur desire doctor.
Private & subsidies both can get ivf Cofunding & use of Medisave

Oh! I thought for govt hospital, i wont be entitled to subsidies if im not referred in by polyclinic

In this case, will call the hospital straight. Thank you! :)

Hi ladies, thankful I found this thread. I am 35 this year been ttcing since last Jan after marriage end 2019. Only started more intensely last June went for TCM for 3 months then beginning of this year had a perm Gynae. Stopped the TCM since Doc gave me Letrozole for 3 cycles in Jan. It helped to shorten my cycle as I have irregular cycles. Today saw bleeding and I think 2nd round also did not make it. Waiting to try 3rd round before gg back to see doc again. Wondering if anyone here also tried fertility meds? I am thinking also to go back TCM to complement the treatment again, thinking either Zou Yu Min or Ban Choon Chan. If all else fails, I am I not sure how to continue as well, IUI vs IVF (last resort). Appreciate any advice.

Hi all anyone nearing 40 and ttc? I just had my 5th failed IUI (over a period of 12 mths) :(
Feeling quite sad and need some support!!
My doc says I’m still ovulating some he doesn’t feel the need to have any injectable’s thoughts he said if I want it he can do it. :/
I don’t want to do ivf

Thanks for sharing. :)
I am in early 40s. Low reserve too. Encountered several MCs (conceived naturally) and failed IVF (took clomid throughout but follicles were empty). I went TCM with acupuncture prior to IVF. I was close to giving up having my own baby back then. After the failed IVF, my plan of getting pregnant was put aside.

4 months later, I conceived naturally when I didn't expect it at all. I never really took much supplement but perhaps I was into weekly exercising routine, poke and grain bowls etc. There were cheat days where I would eat Mcd and ice cream.

I guess stress free does play a part when it just happened without me thinking too much about it. Though I have low reserve of eggs, indeed just need 1 good egg to have a viable pregnancy.

Hang in there. Baby dust to all.

I can recommend you to my gynae. If you find yourself on the journey of conception at a more mature age, I strongly suggest seeking her guidance. I know she can help you with your situation. Dr. Regina of GynaeMD Clementi is very reliable. She answers every concern we have with a lot of knowledge and expertise. Good luck with conception!
Hello can u stop ur promoting everywhere !!!
I already report ur post to the admin
Is very irratating all over

Back