any 35 and above trying for their first?

True happy thoughts are important to mummy. I was under stress when pregnant with first. Then my first child is a bit grumpy and always angry...

I promise my hubby that i quit my job or do part time if i am pregnant. So that i can be a happy mummy.

Provided i get pregnant. but think it wont be that easy.

Hello redvel,

Don’t know if you remember me... we were ttc together when I was 40.. and now I’m 43 still trying.

I’m so happy that your girl is already 2 yo!

Thank you.

Actually the only “extra” step is my gynae wants to see me more often for scan checks. Partly I had two miscarriages prior to this viable pregnancy. I did develop low GD so I was controlling my diet ( but theN GD is common; not just on older MTBs).

I’m very lucky as my pregnancy was pain free and smooth, not to mention pretty fast labor. I would suggest yoga before and during pregnancy. That helped me a lot.

My TTC journey to a healthy baby wasn’t easy too.. but I believe in happy thoughts and be easier and nice to ourselves as the battle itself is brutal enough:)

I wonder why government don’t help us above 40 to subsidise us with ivf? We are a group of people who need ivf or fertility reproduction advise more than any other age group.. we will want baby, but no subsidies to help us.. so sad

Hihi Star.star your nickname does ring a bell.

Thanks...

Yeah I’m also displeased that government neglects women who cross 40. They really need to review this. Now women marry late... family planning late.. and in my opinion, most older women are more financially and mentally ready on raising a child.

hi Star Star ,

Keeping yourself happy and less stress is important. I conceived my first child from holiday overseas.

Tried a year , cant conceive in singapore. Too stressed up.

Maybe try going overseas?

Yeah, I went taiwan holiday 放天灯 and got home pregnant.
Stress is really a bad thing. And sometimes we are not even aware that we are suffering it in silence.

We all need a vacation break for our heart and mind.

Hi lovely,

My period is very regular 28-30 days. Pain wise, normal, some time more cramp but most of the time is bearable uncomfortable feeling. Not sharp pain, if that is what you are meaning...

How is your menses? Normal? Any pain while got menses?

Age might play a part but shouldn’t be the main reason ba....

Hi Sunrise

Ya, many told me the same thing, go holiday to relax.. done that too.. maybe we shall go for more trips~~

Very true singapore is too stressed, many things in mind non-stop.

hi Star Star ,

Keeping yourself happy and less stress is important. I conceived my first child from holiday overseas.

Tried a year , cant conceive in singapore. Too stressed up.

Maybe try going overseas?

hi there.. tot of starting a thread for pple as myself whos above 35 and trying for their first.. well, a little about myself.. am 37 and married late at 35. we didn't really start trying actively till e beginning of this year, a bit bo-chup I say... gotten a bfp on end july but alas its not a viable pregnancy. Gynae did a check and turn out to be a blighted ovum. My joy at getting a bfp was short lived. actually I knew something not right coz when I tested on the hpt, the second line was quite faint, barely visible... sigh.. cried like mad on one of my trip to the Gynae.. did a D&C on mid aug... very disheartened.. but we r still trying and nope, I m not giving up.

I'm 41 still trying hard sis ... done 1s wz iui but not successful..

hi ladies I'm below the age group stipulated for this thread but ur topic attracted me. just to let you know there are some ivf support groups around. there is also a miscarriage support group. I'm from the miscarriage grp, there are ladies there with ivf, iui and other experiences.

if you ladies feel like u can also explore those grps, they too provide good info. sorry for being so KPO.

but i wish u all luck! sticky baby dust :) these groups gave me lots of support so i thought to share :)
That's for the useful info fear. I'm 41 trying hard.. did once iui wz Dr Henry Cheng but not successful. Ivf above 40 no gov grant rte

Trying for my first. Used to think I was pregnant some months ago when my period was late 3 days only to realize it was just a late period. Now I more relax although I have this impulse to purchase a preggy test kit during this 2ww.

Anyone has success stories for early 40s trying for first baby ?

I am desperate now. Thinking of visiting Zou Yu Min TCM doc. Will TCM help those in 40s to conceive ?

And what diet should those in 40s eat to increase the chance ?

My wife and I are in the 40s as well.
2yrs ago, my wife did get pregnant after much trying... (She's 40 and I'm 42 at that time)
However, due to mishap, she got miscarriage in the end. Since then, she lost hope, and perhaps phobia, now don't want baby anymore.
I do agreed with some that stress actually play a part, which resulted that one unable/difficult in getting pregnancy. My wife and I went for a trip together, which resulted that she got pregnant when she's back.

So for those who's trying, perhaps can go for a holiday together, and who know, you may have one :)

Anyone has success stories for early 40s trying for first baby ?

I am desperate now. Thinking of visiting Zou Yu Min TCM doc. Will TCM help those in 40s to conceive ?

And what diet should those in 40s eat to increase the chance ?

Have not logged in for a long time ...

My gal is coming 3. I popped at 44. With miscarriages before that.

I stopped every thing (IVF/TCM/multivits/bbt/etc) and gave time to myself, eat whatever I want, and vacation with hubby. Also keep healthy with yoga. Then the miracle happened.

I also told myself don’t need a kid to complete my/our life. Focus on what makes you happy. Whatever comes good along the way is just a bonus.

Redvel , ya i have given up trying when my kid is around 4 years old. that is why my first kid is 7 this year i am not pregnant. After seeing so many women getting pregnant at later stage and i also feel guilty of not giving my first kid a siblings. i start trying again last year.

Losing weight is my first priority and need careful planning since i am already 38 this year....

Redvel , ya i have given up trying when my kid is around 4 years old. that is why my first kid is 7 this year i am not pregnant. After seeing so many women getting pregnant at later stage and i also feel guilty of not giving my first kid a siblings. i start trying again last year.

Losing weight is my first priority and need careful planning since i am already 38 this year....

Me at 47 now I’m still not giving up hope on a second child hahaha. I know I’m old engine already but just keep positive mind.

Hope your dream come true soon.

hi there.. tot of starting a thread for pple as myself whos above 35 and trying for their first.. well, a little about myself.. am 37 and married late at 35. we didn't really start trying actively till e beginning of this year, a bit bo-chup I say... gotten a bfp on end july but alas its not a viable pregnancy. Gynae did a check and turn out to be a blighted ovum. My joy at getting a bfp was short lived. actually I knew something not right coz when I tested on the hpt, the second line was quite faint, barely visible... sigh.. cried like mad on one of my trip to the Gynae.. did a D&C on mid aug... very disheartened.. but we r still trying and nope, I m not giving up.

Hi,

May I know what is the HCG when you first tested, if you could remember?

Last edited:
Have not logged in for a long time ...

My gal is coming 3. I popped at 44. With miscarriages before that.

I stopped every thing (IVF/TCM/multivits/bbt/etc) and gave time to myself, eat whatever I want, and vacation with hubby. Also keep healthy with yoga. Then the miracle happened.

I also told myself don’t need a kid to complete my/our life. Focus on what makes you happy. Whatever comes good along the way is just a bonus.

Does yoga really helps ?

So far, I relax or don't relax also cannot pop any out. LOL !

Does yoga really helps ?

We’ll never exactly know if that’s a contributing factor but I feel relaxed as it takes the mind away from ttc stress. Makes you physically stronger and of course there are poses good for fertility.

Just overall being healthier.

Any couple here where both husband and wife suffer from infertility and have problem with both eggs and sperm? We are a Singaporean Chinese couple who are considering donating our embryos.

@Alaricda , tot previously you have been posting in another thread that you are looking for people to fund your pte ivf on 25 Apr 2019? So u hv started your pte ivf and ur wife have gotten a bfp? Can share where u go?

Me at 47 now I’m still not giving up hope on a second child hahaha. I know I’m old engine already but just keep positive mind.

Hope your dream come true soon.

Redvel, now I tested positive. Trying for sometimes... Suddenly positive I wonder how to break the news to my husband who is stress at work...

Suddenly I am so lost...

Redvel, now I tested positive. Trying for sometimes... Suddenly positive I wonder how to break the news to my husband who is stress at work...

Suddenly I am so lost...

You still have to break the truth to him...
If he's having same feeling as you (hoping to have a child), am sure this will be a great news to him as well.
It may even help in destress his work.

Hi Drain, you are right.

Maybe i wait for a good time to tell him .

Meanwhile wont be seeing gynae until June . what supplement should we be taking beside folic acid?

Hi Drain, you are right.

Maybe i wait for a good time to tell him .

Meanwhile wont be seeing gynae until June . what supplement should we be taking beside folic acid?

Yes. Find a chance to break the news to him. He may be happier than what you think of :)
Starchy carbohydrate-rich foods include potatoes, rice, pasta, and bread. Carbohydrates are high in energy, and are therefore an important component of a good pregnancy diet.

Hi ladies

I’ve just returned 400 red eggs this morning to Zhu Sheng Niang Niang for blessing me a pair of twins. Spreading the baby dust!!

1) Shuang Lin Cheng Huang Miao (Siong Lim Temple, part of Lian Shan Shuang Lin Monastery)

184 Jalan Toa Payoh
Phone: 6259 5292
Opening hours: 8am – 5pm

2) Giok Hong Tian Temple (Yu Huang Dian)

495 Havelock Road
Phone: 6733 5727
Opening hours: 7am – 5pm

I'm 41 still trying n trying. Last solution is IVF. But still thinking about it. No major issues with me n hubby. Did once iui.

oh ivf.. hmm.. hubs mentioned to me the other day.. am still contemplating.. to me, the stakes r so much higher for ivf.. and I m a sore loser.. so watz holding me back is the disappointment also I dun hve much confidence to go thru ivf. maybe I need to be more positive, hell even blind optimism will do for me...

sayap: care to share a bit bout the ivf process? tedious? loads of checks and injections?

I figured if we invested so much time and money onto ivf, our hopes def will be raised beyond norm ttc-ing.. and I m so afraid to failed after all these..
I'm in the same boat as u. Wat if didnt go thro successfully? Wat if... so many qs in me. Since 41 no subsidise from gov. My frends suggesting doing ivf in jb. . Few successful stories given to me... I am still in confuse mindset

Hello everyone! I am new here & turning 37 this year.. :(have been actively TTC naturally since May but to no avail. Hb & I are thinking to go do fertility check but kinda lost, as we are not sure what does the check consist of & what are the prices like ? I saw several good reviews on Dr Tho From Astra Womens since he is located in Jurong, I am considering him to go to. ..Any suggestions or advice?

I'm in the same boat as u. Wat if didnt go thro successfully? Wat if... so many qs in me. Since 41 no subsidise from gov. My frends suggesting doing ivf in jb. . Few successful stories given to me... I am still in confuse mindset

At 41, if you still want a child then you should act quickly. Time is a factor. The older you are when you do IVF, the lower the success rate.

Hello everyone! I am new here & turning 37 this year.. :(have been actively TTC naturally since May but to no avail. Hb & I are thinking to go do fertility check but kinda lost, as we are not sure what does the check consist of & what are the prices like ? I saw several good reviews on Dr Tho From Astra Womens since he is located in Jurong, I am considering him to go to. ..Any suggestions or advice?

Hi, my situation is similar to yours. Friend recommends me to see Dr Tan Lee Kee in Jurong East areas too. Heard she was very popular in the past years, but not too sure about now...

have a look at i love children website; https://ilovechildren.sg/be-informe...ck-out-fertility-health-check-singapore?tid=4

They have good resources regarding fertility check.

Hi, my situation is similar to yours. Friend recommends me to see Dr Tan Lee Kee in Jurong East areas too. Heard she was very popular in the past years, but not too sure about now...

Hi, HB & I decided to make an appointment with Dr Tho so we shall be seeing him next month, bless us with good results. My 1st time knowing that doing such check need to be done on my menses days. feeling excited but also worried..

Last edited:
5 years ago, I conceived my first baby at age 36 through TCM with Physician Tan Siew Buoy at 38 Upper Cross Street. Then two years ago, I wanted to give my son another sibling and tried tried everything, from natural to TCM at Jurong West and Ang Mo Kio to no avail. As a last resort, we decided to proceed with IVF, and went through two cycles with no success. Finally, we decided to go back to Physician TSB and after three months of taking her medicine, I finally got a BFP at age 40! Now I am 20 weeks pregnant and continuing to take TSB medicine with my Western medicine. Even though age is against us, I always believe a miracle can happen if we try our best! So don't give up!

Suddenly I am so lost...

Oh haven’t logged in for so Long.

Congrats. Lost in time... have you popped?

Hi everyone it has been a while since I update we went to Dr Tho @ JE Astra, went for blood test, Hb went for his analysis too, I was diagnosed with fibroid & 1 blood cyst was on 4 rounds of clomid due to eggs odd sizes & immature but still unsuccessful dur to Hb very low sperm motile rate & he was resistant to the supplements recommended to him (Spent $600 for that) .. :( I even went for the sono test. Eventually my eggs got better and are in good shape but Hb still not really improving, very disappointed, we change trememdously on our diet and lifestyle with the hopes bb dust falls on us. But still disappointment every month, last month my M was late for 6 days! I almost thought there was hope finally... but.. Doc suggested that we try for IUI.. Will be going in Dec, if this still doesn't work I really dont know what to do anymore. In 3 mth times we have spent more 1K just for checks & supplements.

Back