Any 2007 babies in CCK or nearby areas

Glee,
Thank you so much for your help. See u in June
happy.gif

i got the text on class starting on 14 June but i have not responded. any of you responded.

glee - guess you are definitely signing this up right?

hi honeybeel

its the music and movement class on sunday. not sure if you have registered with enthony..

Fishyball/Lili
are you joining? its this sunday
happy.gif

Hi mummies,

I'm only interested in the Startots Phonics, my gal already too active, I don't think I can cope with her in movement class, hehehe....

Hi Fishyball, Lili, Nov_07, goldpiggy and Glee.
I'll be joining you for the startots music. Just called Enthony.
See you.
Btw, I haven't receive the sms yet.
So the class will be at 685C, on Sun 14 June. Registration is at 9.45am right?

hi fishyball,

u can still join..

i feel that the trainers are not well-prepared. Nevertheless, my gal enjoyed the company of the other kids, and since its quite cheap, so its not too bad la..

nov_07
nice meeting u..

Hani,
you were there too right?
happy.gif

Hi Honeybeel,

I wanted to check somethig with you but you do not accept PM. I understand that you have signed up your child at Ichiban Montessori. 2 hrs 2 weeks trial class. I intended to sign up for my child too. As I also stay at CCK Crescent, I will opt for the transport.

I would like to check with you where do you stay so that we will have accompany for our child. Btw, how old is your child? Mine is turning 2.5 yrs old soon. You may email me at [email protected]

Thanks!

okie,

there is an openhouse this sat, but i can't make it..
can share any feedback?

i'm also considering to place my gal at ichiban from Sep, will be taking transportation too, but not sure if my gal can take transportation without me..

Hi Glee,

I m not able to attend the open house. I will be visiting the centre in end of June as they will be closed for a week next week.

How old is your gal and where do you stay? I M worried abt my child not willing to take the transport too. That's why m checking if there is any other child living in CCK Crescent taking the same bus, as least they have accompany.

hi okie,

we staying at cck crescent too. My gal is turning 2 this Aug
how abt you share your feedback after your visit to the centre. i have yet to arrange with the nanny who will taking care of her after playgroup hours. if its confirmed then our kids can meet up prior to the commencement and they can have each other company on the transport.

Hi Glee,

I will share more information after the centre visit on 29 June. If you do not hear from me, do give me a PM. In case I forgot :p

My boy is turning 2.5 years old this Aug. I am currecntly expecting my number 2, also a boy, due in end Aug.

Hope our kids can go to the same school so that they can have each other company in bus and school.

Hi Glee,
Yah, I was there with my boy Hakim.
I feel the class is not structured and a bit messy. Hopefully futher class will be better. But Hakim enjoys it. so ok lah~ hehe...Plus, Hakim was so tired after the class he had a long nap after that.
happy.gif

But I won't be coming this week cos going to chalet @ downtown east. Hope you and the rest enjoy yourselves.

hi hani,

nice to see u and hakim, and my gal loved the mickey mouse on your boy's shirt, hehe

we wun be coming tis week too, goin on cruise over the weekends.

seeya next week

Hi Hani / Glee,

Nice to meet you. Although Rayson did not follow the class but same as Hakim, he slept more than 2 hours after the class. That's good for me, got my own time on weekend.
happy.gif

oop me also not going this weekend as going to JB shopping. Left only 2 children this week. See you next week. ;)

hi Okie,

Sorry for replying late as I was out of town. My gal is 1.5 years old. So far she is quite OK with the transportation. Only cry for a while when we wanted to hand her over to the bus auntie. But she enjoy the class. She is attending the 3 hours lesson daily. As if opt for 2 hours lesson, no transport available at 11am. The principle is a nice lady.

Hi Glee,

I also stay at CCK Crescent. Currently, Ichiban giving free transportation for new sign-up for 3 months and registration fee waived. You can start your child with 2 weeks trial. I accompany my gal to school in the school bus for 2 days. The 3rd day she take the bus by herself.

honeybeel,

yeah, thats great, one more company.
i have to give my nanny one month's notice, so will talk to her tonight..

Hi honeybeel,

Thanks for replying. We are worried of the school ride. What if my boy is not willing to board the bus and keep on crying. Headache

Hi honeybeel,
is you girl coping well with the playgroup. Did she cry in the class when you leave the classroom?
I wanted to enrol my boy in 3 hours playgroup in agape starting this wednesday. He is Jan 08 baby. He is turning 18months this month.
But many people has been discouraging me because they say my boy is too young.

My girl is ok after the 1st day. The teacher know how to divert her attention from me. The 2nd day I aonly accompany her for 1/2 session then I went back home. Only she still cry a while when she board the school bus. Other than that it is OK.

Do you know that AGAPE only conduct playgroup and no kindergarten? When she reach the age for kindergarten then need to find another school for him.

Hi honeybeel,
yah I know agape only do playgroup. The thing is my 2nd language is Malay. Most playgroup/kindergarten in cck only offer mandarin. The one that offer Malay (Iman kindergartn in Limbang) only accept nursery level. So I'll have to change school anyway.
I really like ichiban but their mandarin lesson is 1 hour long. Same as Tulip montessori. Only agape offer 1/2 hour mandarin lesson. That's why I put him there.
Anyway, I haven't sent him to school yet. He's not well. Running nose etc, so asked the principle if I can delay the starting f school.
happy.gif

Hi, Mummies,
Decided to wait till next yr when my DS is 2 yrs before I start him on daily playgroup.
Meanwhile looking once a week playgroup.

Anyone interested to sign up baby for weekend playgroup at kinderland cck, beside lot 1?
Currently they have not enough to start the class.
It's a 1 1/2 hours class accompanied my parents. For toddlers 18months-3 years.
Do call them at 6769 8138 to register your tots.

Hi mummies,
Just got an sms from Edufarm regarding registration for startots playgroup for 2007/2008 babies for next yr intake at 685C.

ANyone have any feedback on startots playgroup?

Hi mummies,

I'm also staying at cck crescent. Edufarm also provide weekend class? May I know what time is the class on sun and what's the program? Parents can accompanied?

hi mummies,

i'm staying at cck central.. looking for kindy for dd as well.. anybody got feedback on gracefields @ teckwhye? would appreciate any feedback..

thanks alot
happy.gif

Zenie,

Playgroup & N1 are the same.

some school call playgroup, some call N1.

i.e.
sch 1: Playgroup -> Nursery -> K1 -> K2
sch 2: N1 -> N2 -> K1 -> K2

Hi mummies

i would like to have some feedback from you - i am considering to enrol my son for pre-nursery next year

now looking at Kinderland Educare @ Sunshine Place

need feedback or you do have any schools to recommend?

Look forward to hear from you
happy.gif

Thanks a million!

i am not staying in CCK (hopefully in long run will be) currently my mother takes care of my son (born in 2007) and i really hope to put him to school for 2 to 3 hrs

hi All

appreciate your reply. Just called Amazing Star @ Bt Panjang (coz this school has 3 hrs programme) would like to know feedback? Still on waiting list

Thanks a lot
happy.gif

Hi,

We're Korean-Thai couple who live near Yew Tee MRT.
I'm looking for playgroup for my boy's born in Dec 2007.
My son can speak only few words(in Thai) and he can catch thai more than Eng. I hope he'll pick up more English in the playgroup.

I've taken a look at few playgroup around this area.

- Agape (3hrs/day) : They teach both Eng. and Mandarin so I'm not so sure whether it'll make my son confused to learn 2 more other languages now because we use Korean-Thai at home. Also there're maximum 24 students in the class so I'm not so sure whether it's too much.

- Apple Tree (2hrs/day) : It's next to my Blk. That's very convenient for me but I found some comment that some mommy said their kid haven't learned much from there. So it make me hesitate.

I don't know much about education in SG. Please give me some advice (Not only above 2 Playgroups).

Thanks in advance.
Weena

Hi Weena,
you can check out Tumble tots at choa chu kang stadium. They have 2 time slot 9-11am and 11-1pm.
The class is called Right Start Junior.
Here i quote from the email from the school when I enquire about the class
"In Rightstart Juniors we emphasis children to learn through exploratory approach in activities such as music and movement, play, game, arts & craft, English, Mandarin and Rhymes"

Like you, I'm also not keen to let my son learn Mandarin. When I told the school about it, I was told that Mandarin session only last 10 mins, and she can even arrange for my boy to join another class during the mandarin session.

They also have contacts for transport to and from the school.

There is another one called edufarm playgroup at Blk 685C. It is open for registration now. Only English. And the students learn Letterland Phonics.

I have not start my boy in agape. Having second thoughts bcos morning class is full and afternoon time clash with his lunch and nap time.So I'll wait till next year to start him in morning class. Do you know how many teachers are there in the morning class(with 24 children)?

Hope this helps.

Hi mummies,
does anyone have contacts for school bus operators for yew tee/cck?
my son is starting playgroup at tumbletots, from 9-11am. But the school bus operator that the school provide wants to pick him up at 8.10am. and he'll spend about 40-50mins in the school bus going around cck before he reach school. This school bus operates for a few preschool.
Is it normal for school bus journey to be that long even though the school is less than 2km away from home?

Hi,
I'm new here.

My son will be 3 next yr. next wk i will be visiting some school in cck/yew tee. Pls give me some inputs if you have visited them.

1. cambridge
2. greenery
3. kinderyears
4. my first skool
5. creativeland

Cheers,

Sue

Back