Any 1 got recent bill of TMC

amabellekok

hi mummies, any1 got recent bill frm TMC ? is there any free upgrade ? can share wif me bill for c-section 2-bedded or 4-bedded n natural 2-bedded?
due tls july

hi amabelle,

this is my bill for march..I requested for 4 bedded but free upgrade to 2 bedded.

Mother's bill
Hospital charges:
Normal deliver with apridural $1,074.00
Out of package items (subject to individual) $510.50
less FSI discount of hospital charges -$60.00
GST $106.72
a.) Total hospital charges $1,631.22

Doctor charges:
Doctor charges (gynae) $1,498.00
Doctor charges (anastesia) $320.00
less FSI discount for professional fess -$74.90
b.) Total Doctor's charges $1,743.10

Total Hospital + Doctor charges $3,374.32
Less CPF claim for hospital charges -$1,140.20
Less CPF claim for Gynae charges -$550.00
Less CPF antenatal package -$109.80

Total amt paid for mother $1,574.32

Baby's bill
Hospital charges: $347.40
less FSI discount of hospital charges -$17.37
GST $23.10
a.) Total hospital charges $353.13

Doctor charges (BB): $161.00
less FSI discount for professional fees -$16.10
b.) Total Doctor's charges $144.90

Total Hospital + Doctor charges $498.03
Less CPF claim for hospital charges -$316.75
Less CPF claim for doctors charges -$50.00

Total amt paid for bb $131.28

no i didnt but i had my gal there b4.. that time also got free upgrade that time i pay deposit $600 mine was natural w/o epdurial then they refund me ard $200 i stay for 2 nites. But tls tlme i might need c-section if bb 2.8kg n above.

i got free upgrade, my gynae is Lawrance Ang a TMC women clinci doc .. then i'll be charge 4-bedded but stay in 2-bedded ward. But i heard frm sum mummies TMC will auto upgrade u not v sure but u can double check.. the hospital bill size is either same or lesser then KKH n service v gd .. many of my frenz gave birth at kk the hospital bill more x then mine n they stay for 2days 1 nite the service terrible then their ward is 4 bedded

my gynae is adrian woodworth, i deliver via c-sect spinal... free upgrade to 2 bedded too, total bill is 5k plus. but only pay 800 cash... baby bill also included... ihave fbi also

Are there alot of freebies in deliverying in TMC? Is their LC services good? HOw's their confinement food and the services from the team??

Well, i've got tons of free stuffs on top of the basic diaper bag etc etc frm hospital..i've receive tons of samples product ranging frm diapers to bath items sum mother products too n magazines.. the LC is very gd v paitient on top of that they does follow up n call u at hm to c if u need any help.. they provide free lessons during ur stay n teach u the basic care glving for ur bb e.g bathing, massage n on breast feeding.. The nurse teaches u how to look after ur wound too staff there are v helpful.. they even have recepits for u to brlng hm if u attend classes... SOup they serve ls greaT.. a v nlc place to rest after delivery.. Everytlng is taken care n everytlng u need is u've go it .. The onli tlng ls muz brlng ur own clothes .. lolx if u're too cold/warm u can adjust the air-con temp each rm have a air-con control (provided ur bedmate doesnt mind if u sharing rm) not onli mothers but daddies also benifit frm ur stay coze he can attend lesson wif u or he can juz attend hlmself basicially i really enjoyed my stay n learnt alot.. The staff are v paitient n helpful.

I've got a healthy bill size during my 1st stay.. I paid $300+ cash total bill the rest is Medisave i stayed for 3 days 2 nltes (normal w/o epidural) n everytlng of mine cums in package.. i took hospitail stay package upgraded my food.. I tlnk bcoze i've got a TMC gynae so my bill size smaller not v sure but anyways really worth the $ for the stay there

Hi all Im new here and theres a few qns i like to ask.

i will be delivering at TMC too.
My gynae is also Dr Adrian woodworth
When we give birth, the hospital will definetly charge based on the maternity package right?
So we got to add up hospital maternity package, Gynae package, Baby nursery, the doctor fee for epidural and other charges right?

Would also like to check what are the differences between the different pain relief for Caesarean.
GA, Epidural and Spinal since they all cost differently.

GA is u'll be zzz through the whole process , Spinal is onli a jab at ur spinal area, epidural is after a jab they will place a tube at spinal area n as n when they will juz add on etc etc.. for spinal n epidural u'll be awake... BtW i read all tls frm books, internet n sum other mummies so plz double check wif ur doc

My hopsital charges goes like tls the hopsital package, the delivery charges(depends on gynae), Baby nursery, n PD charges(depends on PD) .. i'm able to claim the maternity package frm medisave together wif my bill

Need to ask for some advice too. The last time I gave birth at TMC, I also wanted to get the 2-bedder and then wait for upgrade, but the nurse told me it is not guaranteed, so my husband told me to just book the 1-bedder. Now I am preggy with my second one, I need to book soon, but I am not sure what to book for. I want to save $$, but the upgrade is not guaranteed right?

if i'm not wrong it goes like that if u book 4-bedded then happens that the day u deliver all 4-bedded taken they will free upgrade u.. if u book 1-bedded n they ran out of rm they will convert a 2 bedded to a 1 bedded for u.. if ur gynae ls TMC gynae then got free upgrade.. other then that it depends on ur luck.. the best is u book 4 bedded de first .. coze u can alwayz go there n change ur booking on the day u deliver.. u can try ur luck 1st .. if dun have free upgrade due to not enough of bed then u still can change ur booking so no worries

Hi Amabelle, thanks. My gynae is from TMC. So, I guess, I should book a 2-bedder first right? Then, on the day that I give birth, I go to the counter and ask if there is a free upgrade to a 1 bedder, corret? If don't have, then I'm stuck with a 2-bedder... correct?

Hi,
I'm also curious to know abt the free upgrade - question just like firsttimemommy. I'm keen on a 1-bedder, and wondering if i book a 2-bedder, then chances r a free upgrade to a 1-bedder, correct? But then again, am also afraid of the availability... anyone can confirm? Or can we ask anyone at TMC?

Pls advise.

Me too am curious about the bill for a 1-bedder. Coz that is the only room where hubby is allowed to stay with me right? M unsure if I have the guts to stay alone in a hospital...

im oso curious to know the bill for 1 bedder, my c-section is on next tue, then i opt for single bedder, then hubby will be sleeping overnight too, but some people say if hubby no eat at TMC dun nid to pay, if hubby eat at TMC then need to pay. I'm confuse now.

My wife just delivered in TMC 2 weeks ago.
Our gynae is WK Tan and we also signed up for package, with single-bedded room (4 days 3 nights).
The total bill was 5K+, but paid 3K+ and the rest are from medisave.
Overall, I was happy with the service and staffs from TMC, definitely would recommend to friends.

the food was so-so. the nurse will come and take your order (only for breakfast tho). being husband, like me, can always buy food from outside and eat there with wife.
i stayed overnight too. but honestly, didnt get much sleep because I get hands on with baby right away (midnites...)

Hi papa Vic,

Congrats!
happy.gif

Sorry for my ignorance, but u mean the baby will get to zz with parents or only be wheeled to parents during the feeding times?

Also, what does 5K+ include? Sorry for so many qn. :p

i was told before that the baby can sleep with you in the room, but in fact, NO!

The nurse will bring the baby to you every 4 hours or so. unless the baby is sleeping then they might not bring.

the 5k include hospital package (normal delivery with epidural, 3D2N + 1 extra day for wife and baby, gynae, and meals, i guess thats all.

chances to get free upgrade frm 2 bedded to 1 quite low due to lack of beds or rm ls quite low .. 4-bedded to 2 bedded higher.. but still can try

Hi
happy.gif

Me too will be delivering at TMC, due on 20th May. Am now abt 36 weeks liao but bb's head still on top..if bb's head still not down in two weeks times, think most probably will go for c-sect... I will request 4 bedded. Just need to check wif u all, what's the bill size for c-sect? I mean the nett amount after deduct the medisave?

actually depends on how much u have in both u n ur hubby's CPF n how much ur gynae charges u for ur c-section .. the amt rm or package charges they TMC state on the website is accurate the onli difference in all our bill is the gynae charges, the tlngs/ equipment we use n the PD charges..

I just gv birth to my DS on 16 Apr, one bedded for a 3D2N stay. Hubby stayed over with me thru out the 3D2N stay. If companion wants to stay he needs to pay additional $75 per day, nurses will sort of prepare the bed for him n he gets to eat too. You can also bring bb into your rm as n when u like. Especially when u have many friends n relatives coming to visit u, its so much better to have a 1 bedded. And most importantly, you can hv a QUIET place to rest cos you will be so WEAK by then....

My package was :Assisted Delivery with Epidural costs ($1970)

Upon Registeration, hubby paid deposit of $1200.

Total mother's bill: $4097
after Medisave deduction: $697

Total BB's bill: $837
after Medisave deduction: $227

Total amt paid: $1200 + $697 + 227 = $2124

Cheers

Hi,

I'll be delivering in TMC as well. Would like to know what kind of things I should bring to the hospital. And what are the things that will be provided by the hospital.

Thanks.

Own clothings
extra pad
camera !!!! =)
toothbrush n paste

that tlme i brlng clothing but not suitable so my mum brlng for me
then i got tons of visitor too
it's gd if u can inform ur family if u wan vistors etc etc for me i got sooo many visitors so tired frm all the pushing everytlng actually then still have to entertain them cannot really get all the rest n privatcy i need

basically they provide all items for bb
but i still brlng a set of bb clothing to change when discharge

quite alot of ppl recommend PJs krama brand i'll b getting a set or 2 to try
Hey mummies out there i also wanna know wat to pack lolx didnt do a gd job the last tlme wanna b more prepared tls tlme round =)

oh ya i forgot SOCKS >.< coze feet can be quite cold
toe socks is gd can wear slippers

Ur own clothing
extra pad/panties
camera
toothbrush/paste
Socks
pastic bags for dirty clothes
hmmm make up

eat/drink 1st b4 go hospital, they wont let u eat or drlnk juz in case u throw up due to the effect of sum of the pain relief or juz in case u need GA c-section then u throw up or wat .. sum mummies who have high blood/sugar best is dun eat/drlnk as advise by doc if not grab a bite

that tlme i was sooo dry n hungry so out of energy anyway i did throw up after i return to my ward n it taste so awful throwing up on an empty stomach

Following is my bill (Jan 08):-
Natural without Epidural but assisted with Kiwi cup
2 bedded in TMC for 2 night stay
Mom Bill:-
Total Hospital charge $2302.51
Total Medisave claim ($2150)
Cash paid $152.50

Baby Bill:-
Total Hospital charge $714.15
Total Medisave claim ($542.77)
Cash paid $171.40
Total cash paid to TMC $323.90

any questions can ask me.

I brought the followings:

Mummy to bring:
* 2/3 sets of clothes
(if intend to BF then make sure you have button-front blouse, the lactaction consultant will come n teach u how to BF)
*disposable maternity underwear
*maternity pad (1 pk)
*toothbrush/paste/shower foam/shampoo
(1 set provided by hospital)
*facial cleanser/makeup
*Nursing bra
*Breastpump/breastpads (in case if engorgement)
*slipper
*socks
(brought but did not use, can ctrl aircon temp in rm)
*plastic bag (to put dirty clothes)

Daddy to bring:
*Long sleeves t-shirts or sweaters
(Labour ward very very COLD,hubby was shivering)
*camera
*toothbrush/paste/facial cleanser
*shaver (provided by hospital)
*towel

BB to bring:
(most of the things provided by hospital, except)

*booties
(nursery only provide mittens maybe booties are not necessary?!)

Cindy, my gynea is not from TMC but he can deliver in TMC, his name is DR SP Teo and his clinic is at Balestier Plaza. I did a comparison on the charges and i find his is the most cheapest and he is very experienced also.

hi cindy,
my doc is also not from TMC but is able to deliver at TMC and several other pte hospitals.
He is Dr Clifford Chan. His clinic is at Pasir Ris but on every wed he'll be at Singapore Women's Clinic (Clementi ave 2).

Hi,

i gave birth in oct 07 and stayed in single bedder for 3D2N, husband stayed throughout the period.

natural without epi - total bill was 4K+ but paid in cash 1.9K after medisave deductions.

overall, i like my stay at tmc!

hi,
i tot the hospital provides nursing gowns &amp; sanitary pads right? do we still need to bring our own? and do they provide a toiletry pack?
Thanks!

TMC doesn't, u need to bring ur own wear, as for sanitary they provide 1 pkt after which u'll be charge so beta brlng ur own

annabellekok: thanks. haha this is the first time i hear of such hospital whereby need to bring your own clothes. maybe they wanna make the environment as homely as possible, so when you wear your own clothes, will feel more at ease? how abt toiletry pack? do they provide? was thinking of minimizing the stuff to bring.
thanks.
happy.gif

i think die die they will open one packet of pad and charge the patient rite? cos when deliver that time they will wear for the patient. anyway, ya think i will bring my own..save $$

they dun charge 1st pkt la onli after that then charge... they really dun provide any clothing de coze it's tested n proven by me they onli provide u wif those operation gown u wear to deliver, standard type whether u glve birth naturally or c-section behind open up de the disposable panties they provide is v gd n comfortable 100% cotton use le u brlng hm can wash n reuse de but i'm not sure izzit for natural birth paiteint onli coze the cutting quite high n the nurse gave me 2 it's enough for my stay so i didnt open mine

1 pair of socks
then 1 set of clothing wear after u deliver
many mummies brlng PJs but up to u la
then for discharge can ask hubby to brlng to u dun have to pack then pad 1 pkt 1st lor not enough then ask hubby to brlng for u lor toothbrush n paste thats all i brlng lor can bring extra cardigan juz in case u cold but the air-con can adjust de as long as ur bedmate dun mind..v comfortable stay la overall

Back