HK Ho review

Ellana

Dear mummies,

I would like to share my thoughts about my gynae HK Ho. He was my first gynae, and I came to know him through reading the reviews on online posts. One thing that stood out was how many mommies commented Dr Ho was good at stitching. I couldn't tell if that meant c section stitch or episotomy.

Anyhow, I didn't really had a good experience with him nor his clinic staff. I find them very mercenary. And the clinic charged me a freaking $10 for urine dipstick each time, when it should have been free. That dipstick brand was some generic brand, and would have cost less than 5c per pc I am sure.

There were times when they did the heartbeat monitor.. and sometimes it didn't record well.. and made me do again with double charges at $50 per time.

What got me most upset was having to do c section, and until now I don't really know what was the real reason.

I had contractions on a Wednesday wee morning .. and I heard that Wednesdays are his c section days. Could it have been more convenient for him to do c section?

And what really got to me were these subsequent observations
1) one of the ward staff heard I had c section with Dr Ho .. she actually said some drs recommend c section because they can make more $.. how sucky to hear that right
2) the nurses are all super afraid of him.. they had to check and double check I was around before he came. Once I was in the toilet and not seeing me.. he bellowed , "where is my patient?!?!" If a doctor doesn't respect nurses , I won't respect him either
3) I was friggin charged $80 for procedure fee to remove and redress my bandage on top of consult..Argh
4)when I told my 2nd gynae the name of Dr Ho , his facial expression gave me the sense that they were not on good terms. Or that Dr Ho's reputation amongst the OBGYN is suspect... Btw my 2nd gynae is so much more amazing. He will even tell me there is no need to scan at some visits and helps me save money.

So I definitely had a unpleasant experience. In fact I felt rushed Into a c section as it saved time and can charge more. If any Dr is good for his or her c section stitching.. pls don't go to him or her as that may mean c section is preferred. For sure i will never ever go back to him nor will recommend any of my friends there.

Last edited:

Dear mummies,

I would like to share my thoughts about my gynae HK Ho. He was my first gynae, and I came to know him through reading the reviews on online posts. One thing that stood out was how many mommies commented Dr Ho was good at stitching. I couldn't tell if that meant c section stitch or episotomy.

Anyhow, I didn't really had a good experience with him nor his clinic staff. I find them very mercenary. And the clinic charged me a freaking $10 for urine dipstick each time, when it should have been free. That dipstick brand was some generic brand, and would have cost less than 5c per pc I am sure.

There were times when they did the heartbeat monitor.. and sometimes it didn't record well.. and made me do again with double charges at $50 per time.

What got me most upset was having to do c section, and until now I don't really know what was the real reason.

I had contractions on a Wednesday wee morning .. and I heard that Wednesdays are his c section days. Could it have been more convenient for him to do c section?

1) one of the ward staff heard I had c section with Dr Ho .. she actually said some drs recommend c section because they can make more $.. how sucky to hear that right
2) the nurses are all super afraid of him.. they had to check and double check I was around before he came. Once I was in the toilet and not seeing me.. he bellowed , "where is my patient?!?!" If a doctor doesn't respect nurses , I won't respect him either
3) I was friggin charged $80 for procedure fee to remove and redress my bandage on top of consult..Argh
4)when I told my 2nd gynae the name of Dr Ho , his facial expression gave me the sense that they were not on good terms. Or that Dr Ho's reputation amongst the OBGYN is suspect... Btw my 2nd gynae is so much more amazing. He will even tell me there is no need to scan at some visits and helps me save money.

So I definitely had a unpleasant experience. In fact I felt rushed Into a c section as it saved time and can charge more. If any Dr is good for his or her c section stitching.. pls don't go to him or her as that may mean c section is preferred. For sure i will never ever go back to him nor will recommend any of my friends there.
Hi dear, may I have your 2nd gynae name ? Email me If can [email protected]. Thanks alot ya ..

Dear mummies,

Hi may I have the contact of your 2nd gynae ? Thanks !

Back