Am I pregnant?

joodz88

Hi, would appreciate if any of you have similar experiences or know what is going on.

I have a 4 year old daughter and have been TTC-ing for the better half of this year after my miscarriage in January. I have been tracking my ovulation and period, and then for this past 2 months we decided to stop tracking ovulation and just let nature take its course. My period has always been on time - every 28 days - and I track it so I know it's accurate. Naturally I assume I ovulated mid-cycle and we did have a few episodes of intercourse around that time. Then about 1 day before my period was supposed to come I had the fertile discharge again (the one that shows up during ovulation) so I had jntercourse again, but fully expected my period to come the next day. But my period never showed up, not even spotting. I waited and waited and am 11 days late now. Never been so late before. So yesterday I took a cheap 10 cents pregnancy test and it showed a barely visible positive. I didn't think so much of it but I tested again today and it was just a little darker but still very light. Thing is, how can I not get a strong positive 1 week plus after my period was supposed to be due? It's very strange. And my boobs hurt like crazy and I have been having on off cramps.

I'm very worried as I just recovered from flu and have been on all sorts of medication. I have not been to a doctor yet cos I'm not even sure if I'm pregnant.

Anybody have similar experiences?

*PS: MY miscarriage this year was due to blighted ovum.

I'm posting 2 photos of the tests. The top one (with purple wording background) is the first test I did yesterday and the 2nd picture is today, both mid day urine.

TIA.

2015-10-22 19.21.19.jpg
2015-10-25 12.55.50.jpg

Perhaps you can go to a dr and ask for a blood test. It's more accurate. A HPT kit won't be positive (even if it's faint) if you are not pregnant.

Agreed. None of us here can give you a definite answer except doctor/Gynae. And at the same time you can check with doctor/Gynae the worries that you have, they are the best person to answer your questions.

yeah, going to a doctor would allow you to have a better answer and peace of mind.
don't need to rush. be relaxed and enjoy and rest yourself too

Thanks for all your answers. I went to the doctor today to do a beta test and I'm pregnant. However my hcg levels are low so have to further monitor to see if it is indeed late ovulation or a problematic pregnancy..

Keeping fingers crossed!

Back