Alot of Users posting their businesses in YOUR FORUM

Ok ok, pple! Cool it!

Indeed victim and Victim 2, all right! We got your point, including Chin Leng! If you read through all of Chin Leng's posts, he's always used a reasonable and calm tone in his messages. His latest post very obviously shows how stressed and overworked he is, and if you read through your own posts again, I've got to say that they were extremely demanding right from start.

Victime 2, yes, your post (6.17pm) after Chin Leng's post explaining his delay was more in response to tamarind's post, rather than his, but the last two sentences didn't help, and why the word 'explanation' in inverted commas? Is it b'cos you don't think it's a valid excuse?

indeed victim, your post (7.31pm) definitely was ungrateful. Sounds like you're more angry over the fact that other pple are still able to sell on the forum, and not you, and not showing any understanding for Chin Leng at all.

Yes, you are impatient to have your accounts back. Yes, you feel maligned, and yes, you now feel picked upon. However, if my observations are correct, at least one of you have started a new account and is still posting, so you're more angry over the fact that your good name has been maligned, than being really helpless.

HELP Chin Leng, not tekan him, or any of us helping to monitor the forum.
Indeed victim, REPORT the pple promoting their own biz, not keep hinting darkly of them, and implying how useless we are that no action is taken against them. I'm not a moderator, but I'm doing my best to help out in the forum. Feel free to search for my postings, and you'll see what I mean!

I'm angry with you two myself, b'cos rather than showing understanding and giving Chin Leng the patience he's asked for, you've started slapping at the pple who are telling you your impatient behaviour is frowned upon, and not only that, you're slapping Chin Leng! Please refer to my post Mar 21, 4.15pm, and you'll see that I, for one, was sympathetic to your problem.

You were unfortunate to have your accts suspended, but think about it, you've limited time, limited resources ('cos if I'm not wrong, the forum will slow down or even lock up while Chin Eng is doing 'clean-up' or maintenance), and a whole lot of threads of suspicious pple taking advantage of your forum that you've spending your free time on, taking time away from your children and spouse. Some mistakes might have been made, but he can rectify the mistakes later after deleting all the suspicious threads, rather than taking no action and letting the freeloaders off totally!

Be angry instead with the freeloaders who have caused such a problem. They are the ones who created this problem, not the pple trying to fix it and making honest mistakes!

I can't repeat myself enuff.
REPORT ABUSERS OF THE FORUM!!!

Oh, and tamarind, your later posts were rather 'flaming', so not very nice either! I doubt that indeed victim and victim 2 would have understood what the root of the whole problem really was from your posts, lah!

But yes, I TOTALLY AGREE WITH YOU,

<font color="ff0000">Chin Leng, Great Job Done With The Forum!!!</font>

Woo Hoo!
Oh, and drink some chicken essence to keep your energy, ok?

JustAMommy,
I think these "victims" simply refuse to make an effort to understand anything from any posts, whether it is from you, me or Chin Leng. They are in denial mode.

I hope more mommies will come forward to show Chin Leng our support. Wait he fed up and quit, then we have no forum anymore than how ???!!!!

tamarind,

I do believe that Chin Leng does this simply for love of what he does. He has said before, that he must be crazy to be running this forum (said that already when there was just SingaporeBrides). But until now, he has still been tirelessly running Both forums!!

But when alls been said and done, Chin Leng, from SingaporeBrides to SingaporeMotherhood, I just want to say A Big, "Thank You!" This is for giving us brides and mothers a place to hang out at and a place to exchange useful information. Fantastic Job!!
kao_clap.gif

Does Chin Leng get paid to do this? Is this his full time job?
I'm not insinuating anything so please do not get so sensitive. I'm just curious.

I wonder, I'm not intending to 'suan' you, but does it really matter?

Anyway, it's off topic from the origial intent of this thread, which is TO REPORT ABUSERS OF THE FORUM!! and also, of course, discuss ways and means to prevent cheapskate business pple from freeloading off this forum. Think of the possible loss of revenue from the advertising that could have been paid for, and how it could have been used to improve the server and upgrade the software, so that the forum doesn't keep 'hanging'!

Let's get on with the business of stopping the freeloaders, shall we?

Hi all,
Chin Leng is doing a great job, IF there is once that your post is being deleted accidentally, please do not swear in here insult Chin Leng to use her/his brain! Even CEO of companies do mistakes.

victon no2,
Chin Leng dun WORK for you! Do you mean Chin Leng has to sit in front of a PC to reply and reply stupid mails only?

If you found any ppl making use of the forum, you can report to Chin Leng and she/he will do his/her homework.

Chin Leng,
Ignore them and I know that many mails/posting will really spoil your day. As I experienced that before, though some mummies didn't post on the same topic(which I was being reprimanded), they sent me e-mail and told me to ignore them... they really make my days better and knew that there are ppl out there not as idiotic.

<font size="+2"><font color="ff0000">WELL DONE, CHIN LENG!</font></font>
Please do not get affected by these post. We need u to run this forum and u have been doing a great job. It really helps helpless brides and mums thru marriage and motherhood life.

<font size="+2"><font color="ff0000">THANK U once again.. </font></font>

Hi Chin Leng. I am trying to locate this thread but cannot seem to find it. Pls advise. Thanks

Marketplace &amp; Exchange Corner
Bulk Order - Similac Follow On (900g) and Pedisure Complete (900g)

Hi Chin Leng,

is it "better" to have a BP thread for all BPs? in this way, its easier for us to locate BP n also easier for u to scan thru all BPs to see if they r genuine. jus a tot..thanks for ur effort!

I realised I made a purchase on one of the threads in the marketplace, and 1 hr later, I realised the thread is missing.... Oh no, I have paid for the item liao.... Does that mean I am conned???

LiewLianSoh

If the thread has been removed by moderator, it's probably because it's someone doing business here, which is not allowed.

Please read the Moderator-Chin Leng's Announcement carefully.

Becareful when you buy from those new user with limited number of posts, sometimes, only 1 post.

There are only in here to get business,worse still, if they run away with your money, you will have to go file a police report.

Not that you join the bulk purchase or spree organised by the regular members here are 100% safe,but it's definitely a lot safer then buying from this 1-post member.

Dear LiewLianSoh,

Quotes Chin Leng in the following thread:

What is allowed and what wiil be removed?

In general, the postings that some regulars have highlighted are messages promoting products and services by the business owners themselves. It does not matter whether the originator has a physical shop. The rule of thumb is that users should not try to run a business through the forum.

If it is selling personal or used items, that is ok. If the user imports, buy or make items to sell, then it is not allowed.

I hope this helps to clarify. For more details, you may like to refer to our "Terms of Use". Thank you.

Chin Leng

I've a suggestion actually.

Why don't u restrict the people who can post at the Marketplace to those who have at least 50 postings (or something like that)? Like that can lower the abuse by business owners who sign up to sell their stuff. Can tell from the no. of posts they have and the type of posts they do.

Resticting to, say,50 postings before they can post on Marketplace may not deter the abuse.

Saw a seller who used to post his Karun Guni business in this forum, resorted to posting his selling threads all over another forum,under all other topics,except the baby bazaar(similar to the Marketplace here),as that forum has a minimum 50 postings rule.

When his threads got removed, he started posting a lot of threads such as Any body....? Anyone...? etc, to try to meet the 50 postings rules.

Even without this,they can still post a lot of 1-line posts like."I agree""...... to reach 50 postings.

Chin Leng,
I find it suspicious when people post here and claim that their 'suppliers' haven't got back to them regarding measurements or whatever.

Hmm...ya kind of agree with Janet. Mostly these people are testing water and doing business. They want to see how many people are interested and if response are good then then they go and order..but then they will say stock haven arrive...supply haven got back etc(this way they are earning money lor).

Hmm....suspicious....really??

I was curious about some bb tops posted and asked for price and size. Imagine my surprise when the person told me got various sizes.

Hi Janet,

Same loh.. ppl who ordered 1st then sell the stuffs also considered making $$.. you just imagine hw much $$ the person earned!

I don't follow, so I'm not sure. Personally, I just ignore the threads when I'm not interested. But if it turns out that the thread I'm keen is is actually online biz, then will highlight here.

Hi all,

Please refer to my message here and post any feedback and comments here. Thank you.

Regards,
Chin Leng.

Hi Chin Leng,
Isn't 30 June abit too rush? By imposing a fee on Market &amp; Exchange Corner, wouldnt the sellers 'move' to other areas in forums to sell?
Do we need to pay the fee of $10 in "Marketplace &amp; Exchange Corner: Bulk Purchase and Spree"?

Hi Bliss,

We'll extend if there is a necessity but we'll review on a case-by-case basis.

A fee of $10 will also be required in "Marketplace &amp; Exchange Corner: Bulk Purchase and Spree". However, the fee can easily and cheaply be shared among the participants of the bulk purchase and spree.

Regards,
Chin Leng.

Oh, if this is a permenant measure, would there be any 'Exchange corner'? Haiz, so now how to get cheap bargains on 2nd bb's items...
Chin Leng, it wouldnt be fair to mummies who genuinely wanted to buy &amp; sell 2nd hand/brand new personal items
sad.gif

Hi Leng Leng,

The possibility of sales thread posted in other categories definitely exist. However, it is now very clear-cut that once the sales threads are not in their appropriate category, it'll be removed. Unlike the current situation, even witin the "Marketplace and Exchange Corner", we have the ambiguity of whether the sales thread is a business thread. We also avoid the potential of a user posting 200 (the intended number) in other threads just to qualify posting in "Marketplace and Exchange Corner)". If a user posts 200 messages just to be qualified, we'll end up having to remove all the 200 messages posted.

By charging a fee, we allow an alternative option to be listed in marketplace and exchange corner easily.

Regards,
Chin Leng.

Hi Bliss,

We understand your concern but many ideas we discussed will not be able to address everyone's needs and requirements perfectly too. However, we felt that the intended method works best as even genuine mummies can still list their items in the forum except that the fee of $10 will need to be factored into their sale. If there are 10 items to be sold, the $10 fee can easily be spread among the 10 items.

We have thought of creating a category for the sale of 2nd hand items and not charging a fee but it will be inevitable that it'll be also be abused eventually. This can be evident from the threads that have been created for the past one year in the marketplace and exchange corner category.

Similarly, if we don't implement this measure, we can't continue operating SingaporeMotherhood.com, and genuine mummies will eventually still have no place to buy/sell their 2nd-hand or brand new personal items.

At least, by using this method, we can continue to operate SingaporeMotherhood.com and mummies still have a place to chit-chat with other mummies in the forum. When we started, we have wanted to create a community for parents and parents-to-be where everyone can share experience and opinions freely. However, as many may have noticed, the forum has become more marketplace-centric than community focused.

This is a situation we hope to address and reverse.

Regards,
Chin Leng.

Hi Chin Leng,
thanks for your reply.
Hopefully this method will not create an uproar in the morning.
But like you mentioned,
the fee can easily and cheaply be shared.

Bliss has a point too,
won't this be a little "high" for buy &amp; sell on 2nd handed goods.
&amp; no one will be coming to "WTG" or "Giving away" anymore.

Hi Leng Leng,

We decided to implement this method as we also thought that the fee can easily be borne. By charging this amount, we are also trying to encourage items will be consolidated and sold in less threads. This may be a more efficient method to sell and reduce the 'clutter' in the forum.

We have wanted to receive more feedbacks and comments first but I believe there is a need for "Want To Give" and "Want To Get" threads so I've gone ahead to create already. For threads posted in this category, no charge will be required. Of course, inappropriate threads will still be removed.
happy.gif

We hope there won't be too much of an uproar. Many users who have been with us know that we've been trying to address this problem for the longest time. If you refer to some of the earlier messages in this thread, you can see the problems and abuse we have put up with. We have no choice but to implement this method which we feel is the most appropriate one at the moment. This problem has distracted us for a very long time and we would really like to move forward and concentrate in developing SingaporeMotherhood.com into a full portal for all.

We really hope everyone will understand our predicament and support our decision. Thank you.

Regards,
Chin Leng.

Hi chin leng, i can understand. It's the easiest way to solve the problem by charging.

I don't think so people will post for 2nd hand item if need to pay $10. Cos we don't even know if there will be any interested party to buy. If not $10 will be wasted for nothing.

I am sure it's gonna create an uproar.........

Hmmmm...............

Chin Leng,

I do support your decision. I'm personally victimised by a spree that I'd organised and end up, the parcel was lost in transit. And really much to my disappointment, some of the mummies deemed it as my responsibility, instead of shared responsibilities. I really don't know what is the meaning of spree anymore. I could be absorbing all costs for that lost shipment.

Leng Leng,

Try not to be so offended by what others said. Can even take it as a lesson to be learnt. Esp from my case. I'll be refunding money to all those mummies whom joined my lost Gymboree spree without even seeing a sign of refund from Gymboree. Cos of a small no. of them can't wait for the refund any longer. Do be careful of the shipping nowadays. Their service are getting from bad to worst.

Chin Leng
What you are implying is greatly justified.
I applaud your bold decision to create such a remedy for this issue, notwithstanding the 'uproar' that will be caused with some members. The underlying thoughts you may have before arriving at this decision have been founded.
As a relatively new member, Yes...I am also guilty of using or 'abusing' the Marketplace sub-forum to get rid of unwanted stuff. Oops...
embarrassed.gif

However, I have indeed been irked by some antics of certain members. After been suspended, they just signed up using another nick, masquerading a profiteering business as bulk purchases, sprees and the likes.

Choosing to enrol as a member, I have to inevitably give you the rightly accorded respect of the forum owner. Thus in your courts, I have to abide by your rules. Choosing to ignore them, I might as well migrate somewhere else.

My previous suggestions of segregating Sales threads from Info Exchange threads in that marketplace section derived from reading so many sales thread as compared to Information Exchange. I can understand the great amount of time spent in moderating that particular sub-forum. No joke...perusing through all those clueless banter at times to conclude that it is useless.

I abide by your decision to impose the $10 charges but I also have qualms as to its total efficency. People may still use the provision of 'PMs' to alert others abt sales, bulk purchases and sprees. From knowing more members, msn chats or icq sessions may have already been in place. Thus, just a small suggestion or rather request...all we members to support this decision by alerting the moderators for 'fishy businesses' compared to ethical selling of their unwanted products?

Afterall, how much is $10 compared to the profit margin you can get from a forum with ready buyers market? And it is also good as it is used to deter the idea of starting one thread just to sell off one unwanted item. At least the seller now have to make some sound decisions before venturing to start a thread to sell off something. He/she will ultimately realise that it pays to consolidate all the items to be sold in one thread.
Just my $0.02 worth.

Chin Leng,
I just logged in and read your decision to charge. My items posted are 2nd hand ones. If I have to pay $10, then I would have to absorb this charge or else there will be no buyers. Would you like to reconsider this decision pls ?

Janet's worries are not unfounded.

May I suggest having a window period to test out the feasibility of a 2nd-Hand Goods sub-forum? And to have a voluntary moderator to moderate against 'fishy businesses'.

I also think $10 is abit too high to pay for ... afterall, we genuine sellers are mostly selling our suff at a loss already. If still need to pay $10, it may cost even more than the item itself.

CL,
My 2nd hand tees are posted bet $4-$5. Already making big loss. If I increase the price of the item, there will be be no buyers for sure. But it won't be fair that I have to absorb $10.

I'm wondering if the $10 charge can be imposed on just sprees/BP so that this amt can be divided out. Pls advise. Thanks.

Hi Dodos, Angeline and Amy,

Thank you for your feedback and support.
happy.gif

Regards,
Chin Leng.

CL,

Or maybe have a Marketplace &amp; Exchange Corner for 2nd hand items &amp; charge a lower fee?
Haha, or maybe mummies can share cost/thread
happy.gif

Hi Janet, Amy and Blueskye,

Thank you for the feedback. We have decided to impose a charge for sale of 2nd-hand items too because we are concerned that there may be business threads masquerading as 2nd-hand sales thread. However, we also understand your concerns. As such, we'll not impose any fee for the listing of 2nd-hand items. However, we would need the assistance of everyone here to alert us of any suspicious threads so that it'll not be abused. To make this work, we'll need everyone's help. Soon, we'll also be looking for volunteer moderators when our system is in place. We hope we'll get ready volunteers then.
happy.gif

Regards,
Chin Leng.

Back