All about Hiring Helper/Maid in Singapore

Nowadays, all the maids seem so unreliable. cannot be trusted as well. It is always the best to install CCTV at home to monitor their behaviors or ask someone to look after them as well. Never leave them alone without supervision especially when there are kids around.

Yes they cannot be trusted. True. The cctv works to certain extent only. I am a working mum n not home all the time. The maid sends n fetches my child. The cctv can't capture wat happens during those times. Wat she said. Wat she did. Whom she saw. And i also asked her to take my girl to playground. I dunno wat she been talking to other maids. Sigh.

Many pple said give off every week is also problem. They have plenty of chances to hanky panky. All these beyond our control. We are merely adhering to MOM regulations. Go off every sunday little by little they pick up nonsense outside. Not to mention boyfriend.

maybe can consider direct hiring? meaning getting maids directly from recruiter but not agency. will be cheaper and recruiter is the one who live together and know the maid. that's what a lot of my friends is doing

maybe can consider direct hiring? meaning getting maids directly from recruiter but not agency. will be cheaper and recruiter is the one who live together and know the maid. that's what a lot of my friends is doing
yeah witty please share about this

hi everyone sorry for the late reply as I was in Myanmar,
u can actually choose not to go to an agency to hire a maid. as long as u have a sing pass , u can do the on line application .let me go through the application process first before touching on where to choose the maid.
1)u need a copy of the passport of the maid, she will have to e mail u a copy
2)go to MOM website and apply for IPA (in principle approval) with your sing pass
3)after IPA is approved, u will need to buy insurance (bond) for the maid, u can call ntuc for a quotation.
4)e mail the IPA and bond to the maid, make sure she print it out as she need it to clear immigration in Singapore
5) ask her to bring along a photocopy of her proof of education. all maids coming to work in Singapore must have at least of 8 years of formal education.
6)buy air ticket
7)pick her up when she arrive
8)once she arrived immediately bring her for a medical check up, please bring along her IPA
9)Go online to book for her SIP (settling in programme) with GMC, that's for maids who is first time working in Singapore only.
8)once her medical result is out, go on line to book for her thumb print session. MOM will e mail u a letter of appointment
9)bring along all the documents that is stated in MOM e mail to u when u bring her for the thumb print.
10) MOM will deliver her work permit card to your house
that's all!!!!
there are actually some agents in singapore who supply maids to maids agency. they normally do not have a shop front, just a office. some of them have training centre overseas. they tends to be in better position to introduce you a maid (if they are willing to help you). they have staff there who actually live together with the maid and train them hence their recommendation is quite accurate.
its cheaper and rate of success is higher, not 100 percent, but higher .....

Hp is a big problem. I think only new maids will agree to have no hp. My past 2 transfer maids agreed not to use them during work hours but did also, hiding in the toilet.

Best to have new maids and then if they act up after 2 yrs, change and find new ones again.

Even though I said no hp during work hours for my maids, I still closed one eyes to it when they used the hp when they are free in the day, in between work or resting. And I thought they can conduct themselves like responsible adults but they cannot. Even though they are allowed to openly use their hps at night after finishing work, that is from 9+ onwards and they have weekly off, these people are still hooked on their hp. So, change bad maids immediately. They are lying by agreeing to it and then going against their words once they get the job from you. I don't see why we as employers have to put up with their nonsense.

Last edited:
Dear witty, i wanna try to contact with those agent who supply maids to agency. Can share their contact number ? Or u can pm me for detail.
Dear mistycloud, thats what im facing with my maid. Before she agree no hp during working hour but then using it in toilet and when she is in bath. She think i dont know abt it. So stressfull with maid.

@witty Pray, tell us how to get in touch with these maid supplier agents? I'm interested in getting a Myanmar maid who's willing to complete at least a 2-year contract. Please PM me if it's not convenient to post here.

Hp is a big problem. I think only new maids will agree to have no hp. My past 2 transfer maids agreed not to use them during work hours but did also, hiding in the toilet.

Best to have new maids and then if they act up after 2 yrs, change and find new ones again.

Even thought I said no hp during work hours for my maids, I still closed one eyes to it when they used the hp when they are free in the day, in between work or resting. And I thought they can conduct themselves like responsible adults but they cannot. Even though they are allowed to openly use their hps at night after finishing work, that is from 9+ onwards and they have weekly off, these people are still hooked on their hp. So, change bad maids immediately. They are lying by agreeing to it and then going against their words once they get the job from you. I don't see why we as employers have to put up with their nonsense.

I keep my maid's Hp during the day when we are at work and return the phone to her when we reached home. We don't keep her Hp during weekends when we are at home. In return, I let her have wifi access. It's either she can have her phone whole day, but no wifi access or the other way. During weekends when she has her phone, she would openly walk around with the earpiece plug in her ears and talking while doing her work. That is when we are at home. Imagine if we are not at home, it will be worst.

I think it's fair because we just want her to fully concentrate on her work, especially to take good care of my young son when we are at work.

And my maid agreed to wait till end august. We going KL from 7 aug to 10 aug. We bringing her along cos she said she nvr been there. These all planned n informed her before the day she yelled at me. Yesterday new story emerged. She said she not going KL. Leg pain getting worse. I said ok fine. She gotta stay with my parents. Now then i got it. She not going KL so can see Bangla boyfriend. My old folks, wat do they know? If my mum ask her go hawker centre buy food she can meet boyfriend there. All of us not in town. My dad is 93. My mum is 75. Tell me. How can the old folks keep track of her? My parents are forgetful too. They even lose track of days! So my guess is she gonna take advantage of our absence. Haiz.

So Witty pls share contacts asap so i can hire one asap. My guess will be next she will say she wanna go asap cos her leg very painful. Really? It's been 2 weeks since the incident. She been going out every sunday! With make up and all. Her leg pain?

I think very soon a new story will come up n she gotta back asap. And 1 more thing ladies. Learn from my case pls. She actually VOLUNTEERED to pay her own repatriation costs. U know why? She said she take ferry to bstam then from batam fly to Surabaya. Cheaper. Can u believe it?! I told somd agents n they said she most probably found a new job. She go batam then come in back! So wat we gonna do is we gonna do wat the MOM says n buy her 1 way ticket to Surabaya.

My 2nd terrible maid also offered to go Batam herself. We didn't speak to her but sent her back to the agent who suggested this. She was sent back after 2 weeks for acting up arguing with us. We weren't very pleased with her already but she acted like a princess on the day we sent her back. I think she can come in easily to look for new job or go for interview, it is cheaper than flying in from East Timor where she was from. And she also has a bf here.

We agreed coz it's better than paying for her air tickets.

Now, I have a totally new maid from Indonesia and she seems ok. Much better than the 2nd one. Maybe coz she still has loans to clear. Who know what it'll be like a year later.

I can't wait for my girl to be at least 5 yrs old n we can do without the maid n put her in child care. To do child care now i m a little protective. I prefer to do child care later

And my maid agreed to wait till end august. We going KL from 7 aug to 10 aug. We bringing her along cos she said she nvr been there. These all planned n informed her before the day she yelled at me. Yesterday new story emerged. She said she not going KL. Leg pain getting worse. I said ok fine. She gotta stay with my parents. Now then i got it. She not going KL so can see Bangla boyfriend. My old folks, wat do they know? If my mum ask her go hawker centre buy food she can meet boyfriend there. All of us not in town. My dad is 93. My mum is 75. Tell me. How can the old folks keep track of her? My parents are forgetful too. They even lose track of days! So my guess is she gonna take advantage of our absence. Haiz.
NEVER BRING YOUR INDONESIA OR MYANMAY MAID TO MALAYSIA ESPECIALLY KL!!!!!!!
reason, Myanmar maid a lot of them will run away once in Malaysia because its now very easy for them to get refugee status in Malaysia, and they have a big community there and its easy to find a job there, get a UN refugee card, and wait for posting to new country
for Indonesian maid, the have a big illegal working population, many indonisia mad working in Singapore have friends or relatives in Malaysia, they have high chances of running
becareful

hi everyone, some issue is not convenient for me to reply here , please pm me with your question, reason I do not want people from the maid industry to know my identity

My lesson learnt, before they complete their loan better no off. Once they meet their friends and start comparing then the new story begin. My maid went out with other fdw on the 2nd months . She heard from her friends about angpao during CNY ( which i didnt give because we are not celebrate and she just arrived at that time ), her friends got perfume, clotches etc she feels jealous. Why other maid got gift and she is not. I mean its only 2nd month what do u expect ? Then she is trying to find other employer from her friends. I know this when she was on call. She talked in javanese language, i understand a lil bit. I mean this is not fair for me after pay agent fee $1100 + her bond then she come here to find other job. Then other employer can hire her without fee . New story can easily predicted after she get new employer she will say homesick or whatever so i can send her back. Then new employer will bring her back without agent fee. Im the one loose $1100

I am just aiming for 18 mths to put my girl in school if she can speak by then. Unless I accidentally get a no. 2. Hehehe...

Yes novitahandoko. I know how u feel. I feel like we are the scape goats if we are the 1st ones to take them. An agent proposed a fresh maid to me yesterday. We are seriously considering. Like i said earlier. We can't expect them to think like us given the places where they come from. Everything with them is a gamble. From now on I will give minimum basic as per MOM regulations. Dat's all. Nothing more. And be prepared for future disappointments.

This is our 1st maid that we employed, with us since May 2015 (3mths now). Whatever we ate, she ate n we ate out a lot in restaurants. I provided all the basic necessities including sanitary pads. No hp no off day but we take care of baby ourselves from 7pm onwards every week day and full time parenting every weekend.

This lady got attitude problem, I feel and we plan to go back to agent, so googling "how to change maid" ?

1) small stuff like forgetting baby milk, baby's hankies, etc, I closed one eye.
2) she naps whenever baby naps, I also closed one eye sometimes, cos I also napping.
3) I drawed up what baby eats for every meals, including snacks/fruits. She stop following at least a month ago n decide to on her own. So sometimes baby only have plain porridge or banana. My parents comes over to help out around lunch onwards, so mum can only reprimand her if she saw leftover of what baby ate earlier.
4) my mum does the cooking for dinner mostly, both my parents just want to enjoy playing with baby. But she actually ordered my dad to do things for her, throw diapers, take water etc. small stuff, but hey, no respect for elders n they are not there to do ur job.
5) one time hubby asked her to go supermarket, she told him she didn't want to go (I didn't know). When we lugged back all the grocery with baby in hand, we saw her sitting comfortably in the living room watching tom cruise, mission impossible !!
6) last straw came for me, when she did a slipshod job of cleaning the toilet, was totally wet n caused me to fall backwards, hitting back of head, hands n arms cut. N she was not even apologetic at all. My dad asked her why she didn't mop properly, she said she is not in a mood today. My dad speaks bahasa, hence there's no wrong interpretation.
7) last week, I found out she took my notebook from my bookshelf n used as her own. She didn't ask anyone in the house for permission, it's only a notebook n I could have said yes but she replied she didn't think she need to. She said it's there n mdm didn't used.
8) yesterday I found out she somehow sneaky saw my dad keying in password for my iPad n was accessing my iPad. My mum then asked her what she doing she replied she looking for music for baby. My mum has no clues about iPad so we don't know what she was doing with my iPad really. Could be reading my emails, f.b, games, videos, anything goes.

We were not the screaming kind, but we did sternly told her the list of things she did that we don't like. N we are also not the long winded type, probably spent less than 2 mins to tell her off n then that's it. Maybe this is why she still think we are happy with her ?
Pondering how we can be better with the next one. Before that, can anyone advice how do I go about changing maids ?
Do I really have to take new maid ? Can I take transfer one ?

Gd nite peeps. Working parents's headaches...

Wah..no hp and no off day also have another problems. Dear jwturtle maybe u can try talk a bit hard to your maid, from your story so far you only spend 2 mins talk to her. From her perspective its not a big deal and she might think "my employer is easy". And if she still behave like that i think u still have guarantee time to transfer from your agent. Mine is 6 months warranty, but still we loose insurance fee.

More foreign maids are seeking help to deal with emotional issues, according to new figures.

The Foreign Domestic Worker Association for Social Support and Training (Fast) said yesterday it received 3,110 calls to its hotline between June 2013 and last month - 45 per cent of which are related to emotional problems.

Employment issues (30 per cent) and personal development (20 per cent) were other top concerns among callers. Monthly calls to the hotline have grown from 30 when it started in June 2013 to 166 last month. It is the first time that Fast has revealed data about its hotline.

Meanwhile, a Fast survey of 400 maids here - from a sample pegged against the maid population of different nationalities here - revealed that 12 per cent do not get a day off each month.

Related Story
Don't deprive maids of mobile phones
Sixty per cent had between three and five days off a month, while the remainder had one or two.

The survey also revealed that attending training courses is the most popular way for a maid to spend her day off, just beating spending time with other maids.

Fast president Seah Seng Choon said: "I was surprised that there are still maids without monthly days off. We will certainly look into it and find out the reasons why."

Two initiatives will be launched in the light of the findings.

Fast is looking for bigger premises for a second clubhouse for maids. The current 260 sq m clubhouse at Raeburn Park has a capacity of 150. Fast says that this is insufficient to accommodate the attendance on Sundays, which can go above 200.

It also plans to set up a culinary centre in order to meet the high demand for cookery courses.

Mr Jolovan Wham, executive director of the Humanitarian Organisation for Migration Economics, said employers tend to be more accepting of training courses as a reason to give maids days off, which could have contributed to the interest in training courses.

He added: "The actual figure for maids without monthly days off will definitely be higher as maids without days off are the ones who cannot be reached for surveys."

http://www.straitstimes.com/singapore/more-maids-seek-help-for-emotional-issues#xtor=CS1-10

Dear Jwturtle. Off days n hp are big deal for maids nowadays. Like it or not we have to give at least 2 off days in a month. This is a suggestion only. And yes. The sad but true fact is dat as months go by, even with once a month off, the maids will get "smarter." They make friends n start comparing and from there the dissatisfaction with us will kick in and we can see all the ugly behaviours emerging. Dat was wat happened to us now. And so they will become wat we call ungrateful, after how good we treated them. Like i wrote earlier. We made a mistake from day 1. We gave her EVERYTHING once she came into our house. Even the wifi password. And look where it got us 2.5 yrs down the road. I was like u. No shouting. No vulgarities. No nagging. We highlight her mistakes n told her wat the right thing to do was. Full stop.

So now we are at her mercy cos we need her to stay till our new helper arrives. We are both working and i just started at this fantastic place like 3 weeks ago and of cos i can't piss my bosses off rite. And she knows it. Honestly we felt sabotaged by her but wat can we do. So now the new maid we will not give anything at all. We will treat her human n with respect but dat's just about it. If she wants wifi n is to treat like family then she gotta earn it, just like my teenage children. U want it u earn it. Same for trust. I give trust 20% for starters n the rest she earn it gradually. I do not need an educated or modern Indon. Wat i need is someone who respects us n can love our 3 yr old n work without black faces everyday n work happy n sincere. I don't think i m asking for too much. If my maid is not clever i m happy to teach but if she comes with an attitude n acts like we owe her big time then ahe can get lost.

As for getting a transfer maid. Let me share with u. We been shopping for transfer maids for 2 weeks now. Transfer maids are available usually almost immediately. Dats the advantage. However their asking pay ranges between $600 to $800. And they MUST get their weekly Sunday off. 98% are such. And some cheeky ones will tell u they don't want a curfew imposed on them. We saw a few Indon transfer maids who been here between 5 and 8 yrs. Their dressing speaks a lot for themselves. They have adopted some of the Singaporean malay slang too! And they do not wanna nego for even forgoing ONE sunday off a month though they will be compensated. Seeing n listening to them is really believing. In fact we got scared! I feel like the girls i saw will just come into my house, make herself at home, take over the house n do everything her way. I trust my maternal instincts too. But my woman instinct tells me a lot now have hidden agenda. Therefore my hubby's suggestion to try fresh maid this time.

I do believe there are still many out there who are sincere n honest. Just dat we haven't crossed paths yet. It's all really tiring. Time consuming. Inconvenient.

OMG! We are new here and hubby suggested that I start looking for a job and leave our 6mo baby boy at home with a maid. After reading these stories, I'm gonna say no. I'd rather have tight budget and a small place to live but know for sure that my boy gets all the love and attention he needs than leaving him with a maid. I'll wait til baby boy old enough to go to a childcare or I'll just stay at home til he's school age. Thank you for sharing, ladies!

Hi nunuvandijk. We kid u not. If we could afford to stay home n care for our kids we will. I have interviewed some helpers who have been in Singapore for between 4 and 9 yrs. When told that i m willing to give 2 off days in a month n compensate the other 2, you can see the face changing. My reason for doing this is cos my current maid has 4 off days in a month and we found out she did part time work on off days. And she has a boyfriend though married. If she gets pregnant it will be problem for us. So now employers are sandwiched. If we give every sunday off they up to no good. If they get caught working illegally employers will be dragged in though we have no clue! Pregnant, will become our problem too. Therefore many employers willing to pay their off days just to prevent these headaches.

On the other hand others will say n think, why, they work so hard they deserve at least a day off a week. But when we give them day off every Sunday wat they do? It's all happening n not rumours. It's happening to me. I can't wait to send her back but i have not found anyone ok yet. It seems like they have no conscience. Being treated very well by us they have no sense or right and wrong and do things even though they know are wrong.

People could get greedy, dear ruzandnaj, maybe thats what got into those maids. I used to be a child minder too back in the NL and I stayed for almost 5 years in one family, I quit because DH got an offer here. I simply dont get it why they treat the family thats been very nice to them badly while it is already very hard to get a nice family isnt it? When I was still living in Indonesia (thats where I originally from before marrying a dutch guy and moved to the lowlands), I heard and read so many news about maids treated horribly in SG, Malaysia or other countries. Or they got raped and pregnant (now I know thats not always the case!). This is so confusing. They said they became a maid abroad for the better living for their family back home but then doing this once they are here? It gives me some insight though and I told DH last night that I dont want to get maid from an agency if someday condition force me to work. But if I do like witty said, get the maid myself to come here, is it possible to send her home if she doesnt do a good job?

Yes dear. U can repatriate yr maid if u don't need her. Yes i agree that some employers are horrible too. But not all. Wat abt us who treat them human? Like our equal? U hear abt maids being starved. To death even. Then wat abt us who allow them to eat n cook anything n everything in our house? You are right. They are greedy. They go off days n meet friends. Comparing n complaining abt employers. Then come home like all's ok. I have very good bosses. I don't get greedy n jealous of people who earn more than me. No job is perfect. No boss is perfect. No employee is perfect. No maid is perfect. I can accept all dat. But after how we treated het the past 2.5 years? I m still very hurt n disappointed n can't wait to get a replacement.

Then again like an agent told me. We are Singaporeans n the govt has taught us well. Disciplined us well. U throw a piece of paper. U get a fine. U spit. U get a fine. U take drugs u go to jail. Simple black n white law. No gray area. Unlike where they come from. Culture n governance different. So they become wat they are now. Opportunists. Only the well educated n those who have travelled n worked as professionals overseas n experience cross culture will be different. If yhey grow up in village n come to Singapore to work as maid eventually they become like my current maid. However having said that, u don't need a diploma even to know n appreaciate kindness. So i guess it's all luck on which maid u get. I do not mind a not clever one but with dignity n good morals. I do not want a very clever one who comes into my house n takes over everything disrespecting us as employers n fellow human beings.

Agree on that. Its a dilemma, treat them humans and instead being thankful they became disrespectful. Well it happens in Indonesia too. My niece changed maids like dozens of time because of that. Anyway, good luck finding a good maid! And maybe its better to get one yourself instead of via an agency?

OMG! We are new here and hubby suggested that I start looking for a job and leave our 6mo baby boy at home with a maid. After reading these stories, I'm gonna say no. I'd rather have tight budget and a small place to live but know for sure that my boy gets all the love and attention he needs than leaving him with a maid. I'll wait til baby boy old enough to go to a childcare or I'll just stay at home til he's school age. Thank you for sharing, ladies!

Dear nunuvandijk
Please do not leave your 6mo old boy with the maid if you do not want to have to go through what I went through when my boy was 15 month old.

i thought I could trust my 20 year old maid and she was a nice girl. A Christian like us. But that day, she left my son all alone and he climbed on the piano and fell head first and hit the piano stool on the sharp edge. His skull had a bulge for 5 years. My son was covered in blood and had swollen eyes and bruises. My maid did not even call me. I came home and discovered this to my horror. Doctor at KKH, asked me if I want to lodge a police report for child abuse. But I was fond of my maid and didn't. She told me honestly that she was inside the bathroom preening herself and left my child alone for hours.

While I do not want to destroy somebody's life by making a police report, and giving her the benefit of doubt, my heart hurts till now. My boy had learning issues and according to the doctor, that fall had irreversible effects.

On hindsight I should have reported my maid regardless. I should just take it that she was lying and trying to act innocent. Because for this incident, I could not forgive myself for leaving my child with the maid. It's been many years since. But each time I looked at my only child, I thought to myself, COULD I HAVE BEEN A BETTER MUM? WHY WASN'T I THERE FOR HIM? These unhappy thoughts still bring tears to my eyes. So helpless these children without their mummies to watch over them. As I see it now, no matter how forgiving and understanding employers are to the maids, these are not reported in the papers. It hurt me terribly when I see photos of employers being shamed online publicly some just for just slapping their maids once or twice or denying handphones etc... Granted that there are some really cruel employers who should be jailed, but to parade their photographs online for months and months, isn't that an overkill? What about maids who kill? Who maimed and hurt either out of negligence or out of anger? but I think the majority of employers show care and concern for their maids and treated them well on the whole. It's really crazy out there. Witch-hunting. There isn't a grain of forgiveness when it was the other way around. And it's scary.....all going for the employers blood. Seems like there is Zero consequences for them. Good thing I don't need maids anymore.

Dear Mini Mee. I m so sorry to hear abt yr child. Pls do not blame yourself n think u could've been a better mum. It is because we wanna do our best dat we go out n work. Not for ourselves for our family, especially our kids just so we can be a good provider n ensure they lack nothing. As for me, my husband and i need the dual income. We live in Singapore n we all know how expensive it is. Even with an average standard of living, kindergarten fees n tuition fees are enough to kill. So we women go out to work. And work hours are not easy either. We gotta travel, attend events, courses, work weekends etc. These factors usually controbute to the decision to employ a maid. So my dear working mummies, nvr feel dat it's yr fault if u have to work. And we cannot be there for our kids 24/7 if we are working. We gotta accept this.

Gosh, I am so sorry to hear that and thank you so much for sharing it with me. I already told DH that there is NO WAY I'm leaving my DS with any stranger even in our own house. Not now that he cant tell us how his day was and stuff.

Dear Nunu, pls do not leave your DS with a new helper. It's better to monitor first :) one of our ex helper was caught on camera trying to strangle our 11mth old for rejecting his porridge. It's really scary....luckily nothing bad happened. I thank God.

Last edited:
Nanny cam is parents best friend when we have no choice but to leave our dearest children at home with someone. Some mothers indeed dont have a choice but to go out and work and earn money just to make ends meet and sadly have to leave their dearest children at home. But reading some of the experiences of dearest mommies here, I am now sticking to my decision to stay at home with my DS until he is at least capable to share and tell
Thank you for sharing!

So Witty pls share contacts asap so i can hire one asap. My guess will be next she will say she wanna go asap cos her leg very painful. Really? It's been 2 weeks since the incident. She been going out every sunday! With make up and all. Her leg pain?

My ex-maid (before she exited in a dramatic fashion) told me that she had heart palpitations, felt very tired, something wrong with her she is going to die soon and cannot do much housework. So I, the silly dong-dong, went and helped her scrub toilet, mopped the floor, assist with the cooking after a tiring 12 hour day work, thinking that she was really unwell. Even brought her to the A&E at TTSH. But doctors could not find anything wrong with her after one night stay at the hospital. Medically fit, physically fine that's the verdict.

in my counselling session with her after her outburst, she admitted that once she made up her mind to leave, she doesn't think about anything else. "I want go home, no need to think think lar...I now go..I bag I take "
I asked Why no tell employer nicely?
She said "this one everybody know lar...my friend ..downstair teach me....make employer angry...throw bag, shout. ...employer think.... maid very dangerous....Employer very fast send to agent, then very fast go home".
Me: Does it work with me?
Maid: No.

Oh Mini Mee, I feel you (though I never had a maid on my own).
I have a question though, what about baby sitter? Are there any good ones? I saw some in the mall with uniform and name tag and all.

Hi Witty, Could you please let me know few contacts or any links to be followed to hire maids directly from their country without any middle man/agency. Thanks

After my bad exp with Indon maids.. i decided to employ Filippino maid for a change, also more convenient for me as they can consume pork, speak better english etc. I was quite worried about Filippino maids being too vain so i chose one who has nv worked in SG and she comes from those kampong areas. Indeed, she is a simple minded woman, just wants to make money to support family, our requirements for her off days & hp, she is fine. And she is the quiet sort (doesn't KPO, gossip or talk much unless needed). Her duties are to help look after my 2 yr old with my mum (at my mum's place) and housework.

Sounds like an OK maid right??? BUT...

Her skin is so paper thin that always because of a few unhappy incidents, she asked to leave.

1st & 2nd time, she said she felt that my 5 yr old doesnt like her. And that she's very naughty.. so she wants to leave.

3rd time, she made a very silly mistake that i scolded her and subsequently, she seems so out of sorts started to screw up a lot of things. Forgets things, no initiative, does things wrongly despite given proper instructions. So i was reprimanding her almost daily until she came to me, so full of herself and saying that she is unhappy and wants to go.

So this time, i didn't bother. She asked for it and I will grant her wish. She even told me that night "if possible, i want to go agent place tomorrow". I told her to wait another day until the weekend.

At that point of time i decided i will never employ a maid after this. I don't depend heavily on one so it was fine by me. Within 1 day, I settled all my future arrangements - got a PT maid, talked to my elder gal's sch to get immediate vacancy for the younger one, talked to maid agent.

The night before my maid was about to leave, we asked her to prepare. She came crying to us saying she wants to stay. Given all the arrangements I have made, I said I won't keep her but I will let my husband decide so asked her to talk to him instead.

My hus told her off sternly but gave her a final chance. Sigh!!!! I was so happy that she was to go leh.

Anyway, my maid is the type with zero initiative lor. She just wanna have a routine job. She's really not smart, it's like just because my child has ballet at 10am every Sat, she changes her to ballet attire every saturday even if it's already 11am.

My maid supposed to change my bedsheets every Friday. Let's say, it's a Thursday and my younger kid vomits/wets the bed. I get her to change the bedsheets. Then the next day which is Friday, she changes the bedsheet again just because my schedule says so.

Can tell me, u will vomit blood or not?

She say she wants to learn to cook, so i bought her a simple recipe book. Asked her to look through & find 3 recipes so we can learn together. Booked chucked one side. Never came back to me. I've already taken the 1st step, but she is not improving how can i help?

Change maid also incur cost, need to train again and also don't will be another CMI maid or not.
Don't change vomit blood. Best is to do without maid if possible~

Back