All about CERVICAL INCOMPETENCE

he didn’t :/ he said my case not sure is it really incompetent cervix and might be other cause to the preterm births. First one was due to contractions and infection and then water broke. Then the other one was because of hemorrhage (bleeding) of placenta and low lying placenta, also contractions and was dilated already. He saw my placenta results had some clots so give me blood thinner this pregnancy.My last visit was 12w now I’m 14.2 weeks alr and my next visit is Friday so he will check my cervix length and see what to do next. So far I’m also on vaginal progesterone. Started to get some cramps and braxton hicks recently
I had preterm at w16 too. Water bag broke then we found out it’s infection. Again… maybe I had contraction earlier which I didn’t know that’s contraction (first pregnancy). Till now I have yet to have successful pregnancy.

I’m also looking into what are the precaution I could take. I recalled a doc said usually she will prescribe antibiotic once hit 2nd tri to prevent infection.

by doing cerclage it has its own risk of getting infection too. Anyway talk to your talk see what are the options. Share with me pls.

meantime pls take care. Cheers

I had preterm at w16 too. Water bag broke then we found out it’s infection. Again… maybe I had contraction earlier which I didn’t know that’s contraction (first pregnancy). Till now I have yet to have successful pregnancy.

I’m also looking into what are the precaution I could take. I recalled a doc said usually she will prescribe antibiotic once hit 2nd tri to prevent infection.

by doing cerclage it has its own risk of getting infection too. Anyway talk to your talk see what are the options. Share with me pls.

meantime pls take care. Cheers
If your cervix dilated, it means your have incompetent cervix. Once cervix opens, infection will go up and water bag will burst. I experienced this for my first pregnancy. For my two subsequent pregnancies I did not waste time and went for the cerclage straight. I did it with dr shephali from kkh cause she's really experienced in all types of IC. She has been closed up a cervix which was dilated to 6cm and push in the water bag. The child was born full term :) do get a gynae who is experienced in IC and high risk pregnancies. It makes a lot of difference!

If your cervix dilated, it means your have incompetent cervix. Once cervix opens, infection will go up and water bag will burst. I experienced this for my first pregnancy. For my two subsequent pregnancies I did not waste time and went for the cerclage straight. I did it with dr shephali from kkh cause she's really experienced in all types of IC. She has been closed up a cervix which was dilated to 6cm and push in the water bag. The child was born full term :) do get a gynae who is experienced in IC and high risk pregnancies. It makes a lot of difference!
Yes will discuss this with doc. Back then it’s a bit difficult to judge if cervix has opened.

Back