Advise on Baby & Maid Exps

dear moms, i told my maid that she cannot take afternoon nap in the rm. not that i am mean but feel the need to be strict with her, esp in light of all that she has done. she rest her head on the small table in the kitchen. i am ok with this BUT my kid had an accident and my HB was cleaning up the mess while she "slept". i was in the shower and when i came out and saw this, she didn't even move when me and HB walked in and out of kitchen. WTH! DAMN IT, she expecting to nap while my kids are napping????

i told her to wake up and wash their water bottles. come on, my kids not even asleep and here you are "zzzz" away! i even asked her how abt i sit here and she go sleep. somemore clothes outside the house and she sleeping how to know if raining?

then told her off so free to sleep why not keep the dried clothes that are hanging in the living rm? HB and kids are all in bedrms sleeping. everytime there are clothes hanging in living rm, i have to be the one to check and take them down. WTH! also plastic bags must "present" to her before she will fold if not they will be hanging there forever!

i really dun want to be mean but i am extereme disappointed in her. she will go rest every nite at abt 9.30pm and on wake up 6.30am the next day, we sleep with our kids and she is now sleeping alone! still not enough rest? seriously how to be maid?

gracian,
the green phlegm thing really gross.
my this maid wash the toilet all the time, and the toilet bowl still can be yellowish at the side, yucks! her hosuework also sub standard, i need to spot check certain places to remind her this area or there must clean also. then our bowl and utensils also sometime not properly clean. whatever she cant do properly, i ask her to do again.

dear moms, now i maidless and i intend to stay this way! had enough of all these maids! more problems than help.

now my main concern is to settle my work schedule. already explained to my supervisor, hope to start new work schedule in april or may. til then will use AL to cover outstanding hrs.

anyway, thanks for being my listening ears. thanks!

I'm very lost nw, i hv a maid who is shared among all e bro in-law is staying in my hse 2 take care of FIL, she is creating alot of problem, such tt she is onli listen 2 them nt mi, she can tell mi off tt i'm nt her boss, she will nv respect mi, i oledi told them but they still wants her n insisted continue her another 2 yrs, nw i'm very miserable, even my own hb oso side her, i'm really lost n dont noe wat 2 do, feel like commit suside liao... no 1 side mi n no 1 listen 2 mi... i oledi told them 2 bring her away with my FIL but no 1 1 2 do tt, so any 1 can help mi? very stressed leh....

ladies, yest i int a transfer maid. she seems ok and i decided to take her. but she doesnt meet my requirement. my requirements are:-

1) married age between 26-33 (with kids)
2) have taken care of kids before
3) some work experience in home country or abroad
4) fresh maid acceptable provided got exp in child care
5) cook simple dishes (we are not particular)

Here is what this transfer maid is :

1) Single age 24 (3rd in a family of 5)
2) Has a sister in Spore married to Sporean for 15 years
3) can cook simple chinese dishes, read recipe
4) take care of her own nieces and nephews before (ad hoc)
5) no prior working exp as domestic helper even in home country

after speaking to her and bombarding her many qtn and throwing her many scenarios like what should she do in case of this that, she is able to answer. she is not stupid, also not that smart. but she is young and energetic. and my girl likes her. am i stereotyping ?? she is actually asking for 380 with 1 day off, but willing to settle for 360 with 1 day off.

i would of course prefer a more mature person la, but the one i selected cannot come in (she is 26 and mother of 3 with wroking exp in home country) and i need one urgently, so i find this the best candidate so far. i have changed agent and this one is by recommendation and she is quite honest also.

Actually i have 3 kids (2, 5 & 9). But the 2 & 5 year old are staying at my mum's place and they only come back on weekends. So maid only has to look after the 9 year old. and on ad hoc basis when my dad needs to go hosp for his check up, she will have to look after 3 of them. but the 2 elder ones are quite ok, just on tv they can watch by themselves, no need much attention, so she will need to only focus on the youngest child. but that will not be all the time.

u think i made the right decision? if docs approved etc, she will start this weekend.

i checked, she worked for 1 employer only. Reason why she was transferred is cos the employer (tai tai) ask her to hand mop whole house, hand wash the clothes first before put in washing machine to wash again, then she needs to follow the children's nap time. (kids are 4 & 10). And the 10 year old only sleeps around midnight or sometimes 1-2 am and she have to follow the timing and then have to wake up at 5am.

Agent is arranging for me to interview the employer if possible.

I see. Samval, if can, best talk to her ex-employer. If she says she has a good attitude, can look after kids etc, I guess should be ok to close one eye on some criteria she can't meet. Also very important is that your gal likes her. If you find someone who meets yr criteria but your gal doesn't like her also no use.

sandra, your situation is really sad and unhealthy for you. the rest of the family dun want your FIL to stay with them. can't they tell the maid that as long as living under your roof, she will have to follow your rules/instructions? afterall, you are kinda of acting on the rest of the "employers" behalf.

if i you i also buay tahan. somemore can talk back to you! that's terrible. since you are all alone in this battle, mayb you just tell them since the maid refuses to listen to you etc, then they can instruct her, later anything happens dun blame you. if they too busy or dun care to instruct her, then wat the maid does is beyond your control.

samval, i agree with bbp cos at the end of the day it all comes down to attitude. the only thing i would probably be very mindful (if i am employing her) is her sister in SG. this maid better not think come here to look for husband. she is young so you can mould her, just have to watch her for any possible funny business.

well sandra, if they want the maid and the maid not listening to you, might as well have them employ her instead, rather than anything happen u are the one taking the responsible.

Don't go to my agency sia!

If u read my earlier post about agent charging me Air Tix but can't produce confirmation number... My story haven end there...

Yesterday, I receive the cheque for the refund but short of $23... I cheapo cum aunty cum damn not happy with them liao... so I sms to ask the agent why short of $23. She tell me is for ferry tix...

Lucky i keep all my sms msg with her... I ask why no mention ferry back then. She say becos fly direct to sg expensive, so they fly to batam then take ferry over. No mention to me because is expensive and she already SPONSOR me the $100 for the flight no charge me... Pls... She cant produce any flight confirmation, still want to say until she so great, pay off that $100 for me. I ask her why back then the flight detail she send me is fly to SG? She got no more excuse then say Indo side keep changing! Say she'll refund me the $23.

See!!! I think this is how agent try to make money.

Samval...

But sometimes meeting with ex-employer doesnt really helps because they just want to quickly transfer the maid too to prevent paying further lodging fee.

I no longer trust agent anymore...

Hi Samval,

From your description, you have to be wary of your new maid as she can be quite calculative kind. Better to talk to her current employer to find out more about her.

Is she Indo or Pino? Agree with Gracian, got sister married to S'porean, also better to find out more abt their background.

Hi Sandra,

Maids are very smart one...they lean towards those who sayang them. Even if all bro/sis share to pay for maid, you must have internal discussion and agree on who shd take charge of the maid else the maid will take adv of this to work agst you all and create havoc at home. Its simply not worth it.

Mayb you want to have an internal discussion with your BIL and ask the BIL whom the maid listens to most to talk and make things clear with her that you are the mistress at home whom she has to obey.

Hi Kyxy,

Many Agencies very unethical one lah, they buy ferry tix and so long as maid left SG, they leave it to them to find their way home - from Batam or wherever (so long as they are not in SG anymore). Sometimes, I also find the maids very poor thing.

hi, i am looking for an experience and reliable transfer maid who can work independently. my 2+ year old goes to half day care and 6+ year old goes to afternoon p1. no one at home during daytime except for the camera. thanks.

Dear Mums,

I chance upon this forum and discover that there are lots of good advice here.

Any one got reliable maid for transfer or good agency to recommend? Now my children got nobody to take care of and my 70+ years old father in law had to travel to-and-fro every weekday to my place.

I got a Myanmar maid from this agency which claimed to be the supplier of Myanmar maids to other agencies in early Nov.

The 1st maid was a different person from the biodata that I had selected and she had broken her hip when she was younger and had "metal" in her to secured her bones in place. Agent asked us to return her as they needed to send her back but she was transferred after we had got a transfer maid.

2nd maid was a transfer maid as new biodatas were limited. Over 2 occassions, for 4 days, in less than a month with us, this transfer maid had been claiming pain and slept whole day, waking up only to eat and bath. We returned her to the agent.

3rd maid- IPA approved, but called them to chase them, for a week (even when we are on holiday), to book air ticket & confirm arrival, but got no reply. Till my hubby went down to the agency on Mon, which they called their admin and confirmed that the maid would arrive only next wed as no air ticket avail before that. But we checked the airline and there were flights fot this week. After we insisted that they should get her in this week, the Admin claimed that the recruiter had cancelled this maid as she could not pass her entry test (We had interviewed this maid and her Eng was the best among all that we had interviewed.) and asked us to select a transfer maid. When they confirmed and booked her flight next Wed, there's no mention about could not pass entry test. Now they just said she was cancelled and asked us to select a transfer maid as no other maid with passport ready.

Anyone got good agency to recmmend or reliable maid that can transfer?

Thank you

try super employment at far east shopping centre level 5, I just got a superb maid from there...!! and the service is really good...Im very very pleased with the agency and the maid!! my maid is very hardworker......

can try Max Employment agency. Look for Wendy, 97220449. She is the boss there and do home service.

btw, my transfer maid came in on Friday and so far so good. here's what we observed.

1) Very thrifty - i went to ntuc and brought her along to buy chicken, vege etc. She say market cheaper and ntuc is expensive and ntuc all have packed ones. in market, can choose.

2) Goes round the house making sure that all appliances, lights and switches are turned off

3) Recently complained to me abt my nephew, who is a bachelor staying with us that he leaves the lights on, computer running whole day and the water heater on.

4) Good with my kids and they get along well with her. Very patient and tolerant.

5) Cannnot sit still. Keep doing housework despite me telling her to rest in the aftn with my active boy. But she refuse.

6) Told me on the very first day in front of the agent that she has 2 handphones.

7) My hubby has alot of coins and he just chuck it in our master bedroom table. She cleaned the table and all the coins dropped. She put it back and hubby counted them, all intact.

8) Cooks reasonably well. Her ex-employer taught her to cook soup, steam fish etc.

9) Insist to hand mop the whole house. Told her that with kids around + housework + cooking, she will not have time. She say that the normal mop, nomatter how dry she squeeze, once mop the floor, the floor will still be wet. Scared children fall down. Say hand mop dries faster. And she mops few times a day. Balance water she will flush it down the toilet bowl or use it to wash the toilet bowl.

10) Say my house is dirty and cupboards messy. Packed every single thing in all the room cupboards + the kitchen cabinet.

11) Prefer to hand wash clothes altho i told her to use the washing machine. But she say washing machine not clean. She will only use it for jeans or bedsheets.

12) The kitchen became her "territory". Cleared up everything and packed them in order. Told us that since she is doing the cooking, she shifted all the spices i put below to the top shelve. Say its safer or the children will play with it or pepper will go into their eyes.

13) Ask me to buy a container to store the milk bottles. I will usually hang it on the rack where we put our dishes. She say better to let it dry then she will keep in the container cos water drip from the dishes and go into the milk bottle. Say not too good cos the kids might fall sick.

Altho i am so far satisfied with her and her housework is very clean and exceeded my expectations, i am still firm and tell her that altho i am nice employer, she cannot take advantage of me. She understands and even has many suggestions for improvement. When it comes to kids, she is ok, altho not those very on the ball kind. E.g. when going out, she will ask if need to pack anything for the kids like diapers etc etc. I expect her to be auto. But then again, maybe i did not spell it out to her in the first place that whenever we go out must pack etc etc.

No major issues with her. She is alright so far, but i will still have to keep monitoring cos who knows she might change or showing an act.

Anyway, yesterday was her first day ALONE with the kids. And i view the CCTV, so far so good. No hanky panky and still doing the housework and trying to coax my boy to sleep and play with him.

I pray very hard that she will remain this way. Anything will update again.

Hi Samval,
Never heard of this agency before...where are they located? How much is their agency fees and terms? What nationality is yr maid?

Thanks,
KC

samval, u sure seems a little lucky to have your transfer maid to meet most of your expectations.. hope it'll last long for you..
happy.gif

KC, they are located at Sim Lim. Agency fee is $400 and my maid is from Phil. They do have Indo also. As for the terms, its 1 FOC replacement within 6 months.. something like that.. I need to check back.

celtricia, i hope she remains this way and not just wayang wayang... really keeping fingers and toes crossed.

samval, i noe wat u mean.. it is so worrying right.. my last maid was almost perfect.. but it came to a point where she was so comfortable wif hb n me, tat she became disrespectful to us... even right in front of our aunts.. n she send out a 'msg' to every of my family members tat she is not replacceable coz my youngest stick to her.. sigh.. in d end, we can't even tolerate her juz 3 mths b4 her 2 yrs contract end.. since den am maidless till now.. now tinkin if i shld even get one..

Hi Samval/ Celtricia,

One word of advice - Never let your maid think that they are indispensable (learnt lesson from my 1st maid) and they start to get ya...ya... My 1st maid thot I will "beg" her to stay-on but, I juz let her go and now got a "not-as-smart" but more obedient maid.

For jobs well done, we can give small rewards to encourage them. We still have to treat them with employer-employee relationship. They must know their position and also be very clear that they can never take over our position.

My current maid also know that there is no such thing as "her" territory in the house as she is not the owner. I dictate and decide where to put the things I want and in the way I like it.

My opinion - A good maid will know why they come here for & do a good job & earn her dues. They can't pretend forever and the beans will spill in time to come. So, better for them to show true colours earlier than later.

Snowball, I totally got wat u mean.. ya lesson learnt.. but den again right now.. as much as i wan to have a maid to lessen the hse wrk load since i have 3 young kids.. i hate the fact tat they are like a extra kid tat i will have to monitor and stress abt.. sigh..

HI KC & Celtricia,

How are you ladies? Me had been changing maids since we last chatted here. Recently just send off maid #7. She only lasted 3-months in my house. Imagine, most maids will put 'best' behaiviour during their loan term or 6-mths whichever ends sooner. But this one... from week 1 already start showing colour. Can even ask to advance salary. I tolerate cos she is good in housework. But in end, keep asking for more and more things. Last straw came when she went out jalan-jalan instead of going home after her medical check-up. My dad caught her! Tat was it! I had to rush home from work to send her off packing! Really frustrated with maids.

Now I'm coping mighty fine without any maid. To ease the housework, everyone is involved and has their own duties. From my hub to my 2 older glas. The youngest cannot do anything lah. Cos she only just turned 2. If she dun dirty the house is good enough liaoz. hahahahah.

So now attemping to go thru without maid. See how we are able to manage. So far, I'm lucky that my mom & dad are helping to look after my older girls That's one load off my mind. Now see if we able to manage the housework. I even bot a garment steamer to ease the ironing chore. hahahahah... good investment. Lightens the ironing load lots.

Hi Dymples..

I sent bak my last maid last aug, 3 mths before her 2 yrs contract end. Since den, i din have any maids till now.. but right not am considering as older DS is going P1 next yr.. so tinking if i shld have one so tat i can guide him on his studies.. besides, it gets more difficult when the kids fall sick and no one can help me take care of them.. i've used up almost all my leaves last yr all becoz kids has been falling sick on n off and mummy has been going for holidays quite often.. so i guess having maids as standby isnt tat bad.. but have been reading up as well and it seems good maids are really RARE to come by now.. sigh..

celtricia : I'm also same position as you. Actually we do not want to have any maid. But my dad has been in and out of hospital and my mum is the main caregiver for my kids (mum not staying with us). So whenever my dad goes to hospital, mum has to be with him, thus she cannot bring my kids along to hospital and I have to take leave to take care of them. My eldest is in P4 and i put her in student care, which cost me $400 a month and it is not even full day. So that's why I got a maid, also as "standby". At the same time, do the housework so I can spend more time with my kids and catching up with them and guide them on their studies.

Snowball32: Thanks for your advice
happy.gif
I have repeatedly reminded my maid that she can be replaced anytime. And I told her if she does anything seriously wrong, I will not send her back to the agent, but I will send her back to Philippines and ban her through MOM from coming to work in Singapore. Told her that she can change passport and all that stuff just to get in, but thumb print cannot change. Once a while must remind her. She knows her position at home, and I also told her that there are many maids out there with Bangla boyfriend and can see them everywhere on their off day. So I told her if she wants to be like those low class girls, then go ahead, and she has to answer to her conscience. Certain things in the kitchen she change, but when i see, i dont like, i will tell her to do it my way, my style. Told her not to climb over our heads and never never think that she cannot be replaced. But I will still continue to monitor as we wont know the true colours until something happens (hope not).
happy.gif

Hi Drymples,
Good to hear from u...as the same as u, i am also maidless now. Have been sharing housework with my hb. OUr house has no maid problem issue now. I am only looking around for stand by...to assist my mum. If cannot find, just go maidless lor.

How is the iron steamer like? U mean those standing type like boutique shop kind? Is it easy to use? Ha...might thought of getting one since i have loads of ironing...

samval, i guess most of us here faced the same issues as to y we have to get maids as standbys.. sigh.. tough.. Really hope urs b good n last till u do not nid her..
happy.gif

Hi all,

I've been a silent reader all the while. My new maid just arrived 3weeks ago and so far her working attitude is quite good except that she's forgetful, kept falling sick (3x oredi) and hygiene wise have to remind her eg wash hands after handling dog's poo/pee or throw rubbish (she's Indo). But my biggest headache is my 4yr old son just hates her. He dun allow her in the bathroom when he pee or shower. I'm going to deliver my 2nd baby anytime (edd due in another 2weeks) so changing another maid now is not possible. I've tried to let the maid play with my boy but dun work out and i'm really at a loss. So my maid now purely do hsework and she has 2-3hrs of free time in the afternoon when my boy naps.

Should i consider changing maid after my confinement if my boy still dislikes my maid? Or should I give a period of, say 3mths for my boy to click with my maid? I will be going back to work in April and my maid will handle my newborn and boy and I have told my maid this too and she seems confident she can handle.

Hi Samval,

Good to hear that. But, do keep monitoring her as many of them will tahan until they completed their loan then start to have all sorts of patterns shown.

Hi Charmaine - U can monitor how your maid perform during your confinement at home and gauge if she is really able to handle 2 young kids. Do you have additional help at home? Maybe you can arrange with your parents/ in-law/ reliable relative to drop by to see how she is doing coping with 2 kids.

My personal opinion - Its better to have someone at home to monitor the maid rather than leaving her alone to handle young kids.

As for your elder child, it will take sometime for him to adjust and get used to the maid. But, the maid must also take initiative to play and engage him lah.

Cleaniness - You have to keep instilling/ reminding this in your maid. It is her usual daily routine. I monitor that my maid washes her hand with antiseptic handwash before handling my kids and food at home.

Maid keep falling sick - Is it because she is homesick or she is really sick? Better to get doctor to check her more thoroughly if she has some illness that is not declared or escaped the pre-employment checkup.

If after your confinement, your maid is still a no-go, suggest that you consider changing your maid.

Hi Snowball,

Thanks for yr reply. My mil has passed away and we dun hv relatives staying nearby who can helped me come over to check on my maid. My mum stayed 3blocks away frm me but she's reluctant to help me supervise or even come over to check on the maid ocassionally. So i confirm installing CCTV if I start work.

Frankly speaking, I pity my maid due to the way my boy is shunning her. Today, my boy let her shower him but he's crying thruout the whole process. After my hubby took my boy to the room, my maid asked me v sadly why my boy still dislike her. My maid is trying v hard to 'blend in' with my boy but still can't work out.

Since day 1, I hv been monitoring her cleanliness like washing her hands after cleaning or clearing my dog's mess and she's doing quite okie. Problem is she kept forgetting to close/cover her mouth when she's coughing even when I just remind her seconds ago. So now I just ask her to wear a mask if she's cooking.

I bought her a card to call home on her 1st day at my hse to inform her family tat she has reached safely. 3days later, she's down with flu. 2days later, down with sore throat and flu barely recovered. Couldn't bring her to see GP coz her wp still in process so we gv her panadol flu/throat med. 2days later, flu recovered but she's coughing very badly to the extend tat she can't even talk. So I gv her lozenges to relief the cough and itch (she said her throat v itchy) Brought her to medical hall to drink Chinese bitter medicine and bought throat lozenges. She's better the next day but 2days later, she started to cough again and hv alot of phlegm in her throat which she said is green colour. So I cook barley water n herbal tea for her. She's still coughing but much better. Just when I thot she's finally okie, yest she told me her body very itchy and showed me her neck and chest. Got few itchmarks but no rashes so I asked her if she needs lotion. She said she wants snake powder so got hubby to buy. Hubby was pissed off coz he say her problems like never-ending. Told her to tk a bath n put on the powder. Hope she won't hv anymore prob again. She passed her medical test in SG so shd be okie rite?

I'm getting a confinement lady this time but I never tell my maid and I only told her she'll be helping me with the newborn. She's okie with tat. I'm planning to get her to learn how to handle my newborn frm the confinement lady during my confinement. Then monitor if she can handle both kids for another 1mth before I start work. But both kids will still sleep with me and I'll still handle the nitefeeds. Hope my plan will work out by then.

Hi mummies
Need advice how to send maid to agent without telling her the truth?
I don't intend to extend her contract and she wants to continue to work, meaning she can go home and then back to work for me again
I just worry about she might be up to no good if I tell her the truth .
I thought of just send her to agent and let agent handle .

Hi Charmaine,

Gd tat u are hiring a CL 2 help during confinement. Your son is probably need more time 2 adjust 2 the maid. My #2 took ant 2 mtgs 2 accept my 2nd maid when she came when she was 17 mtgs old. U can bathe / feed your son n get your maid 2 b ard 2 interact. Slowly let go 2 let maid handle him. He will accept her once he find her approachable.

wah compareable to pinoy maid. hope salary for myanmar maid wont increase anytime soon.

dear all,
my current maid is getting bolder and lazier, perhaps she knew she will be transfer out soon. I just tolerate till new bio data comes in.
While I in hospital, she informed my hubby she has hp, so since then see her charging her hp every night. so long as she didnt chat during day time is still 'alright' for me. my hubby also cant stand her, showing her true color step by step.

Hi Bee...

Yah...I also think ridiculous...
Luckily I managed to confirm the maid last Sat..But my agent said...hoped this maid will not 'jump' agency and go to other agency that pays $450....Ayoi....also dont know how...fingers crossed....

Hi Bee,

I already find the Pino's govt request for min US$400 wages ridiculous, now come Indo maids. If their work performance is up to std to worth that amt, I do not mind paying. But, look at the quality of maids we have.....sighhhhhh

Hi ladies, I am applying for my 5th maid in less than a year and I will be summoned for an interview with MOM or attend a course. Has anyone gone through this? Please advice. I really find this so unfair. The 1st one couldn't work at all because she was too fat and get tired easily. I was her 4th employer. I think she changed a lot of employers until the agent told me she doesn't know what to do with her. Then the 2nd one work for 9 months and wanted to go home because problem with ex-husband taking her kid. 3rd one was a Myanmar who wanted to vomit when changing my baby's diaper, wash toilet like a princess, eat with knife and fork like a princess, gave my baby medicated ointment to play and tell me she has her own way to take care of him. 4th one came few days went crazy because thought of her baby who was around the same age as mine. Can even watch TV until 11:30pm the night before she ran away. I really don't understand why I am the one who will be interviewed and needs to attend a course on how to treat my maids right. I buy them everything, they eat everything, they are free to watch TV. Anything missing?
Thanks. Really frustrating.

Hi, relation between employer and employee is a challenge to manage. I will treat my maid as my child's nanny. I will let her eat whatever she want and I will get her the necessary stuff, I will give her extra afforable money if she need it to support her family, however I will not let her watch TV freely and I hints her that I am the employer and does it consistently. Do not let them cross the boundary. This is so that the momentum of the work altitude can be upheld and sustained. good luck.

Hi, my myanmar maid has been with me for almost 3 years. Now she said she wants to go back for a break. I kept asking her are you coming back or are you going back for good. Because when she asked me to get ticket to go back then, after i bought ticket, she suddenly said i should get her one way ticket. I asked her why. She said she think it may be cheaper to buy a one way ticket from myanmar back to singapore. I told her is more expensive. Cheaper to buy two way ticket. So she agreed. Then now she said she wants to go back for good. Don't want to come back to work! And her ticket is already booked for 12th March! How can I get a new maid in such short notice?? She has off every month! And every off day, I drive her to her church! When she didn't have off day the first two years (except Christmas), no issues of carrying handphone, sms people our address when we went out and she was alone at home (though my in laws are just next door), or text people saying she cannot come out that night because we are going to return from our holidays....

hey bee...

there should be a hotline num for you to call on your notification. you can call them and say you want to appeal, they will give you a fax num. you can write all these reasons and fax to them. else, you juz need to attend the course till the end of class, get the trainer to sign off, and you are done.

thanks ladies. i will be attending the course. the course will remind me not to buy my maids chocolates and only to provide normal meals!
hi 'are', i called mom up and explain but i guess the officer placed the phone away from his ears and showed the blah blah blah sign. who knows? if the 5th maid doesn't work out, i am heading for the 6th one... as though i am so rich and free to change maids.

I'm useless, i cant convince my hb yet let her sis control our house affair, e maid which under her name who look aft my FIL create so much prob, yet they 1 2 keep her, my hb agreed it n ask mi 2 shut up, bcos of e maid do i need 2 divoce him, very angry. No 1 1 2 look aft FIL throw him here then anything happen all e fingers point @ us, like we need 2 bare with all e responsibity, 5 bros no 1 care, y we shld care, once i raised tis ques, hb will scold mi n ask mi dont get involve in his hm affair, 命苦,为什么有这种丈夫,不帮老婆。气死人。Wat shld i do nw? tis prob had been troubled mi 4 so long liao. I rather died then everytime quarrel with him.

Hi Sandra,
Oh dear.... you still stuck with tat idiotic maid? *sayang-sayag* Totally understand how trapped, frustrated and upset you are feeling now. Haiz... too bad tat sickening maid is not under your name. Somemore now with all the bros and sis on her side, she must be lagi yah-yah papaya lah.

I also dunno how to help you leh. Maybe you can see if she is breaking the law on her off day or whilst she is taking care of your FIL? Then make anoymous police report against her? I dunno... Somehow I feel that either this maid has done black magic to make everyone like her so much... else she has done something to your FIL to make him so protective of her. This is my first time seeing got employers so protect a maid.

hey bee,
just read ur post.. u are not alone.. =)
i also change 5 maid within a year..
now this is my 7th maid liao.. hope things will work out.. =)
i also went for the course.. dun think it's useful.. but bo bian just attend lor.. so i can understand ur situation. =)

hi,
does anyone know where can I purchase those telephones whereby when calling out we need a pin (singtel have this service, but every no. that we dialled out need to key in the pin) I want those we can prefix certain nos. so when the maid call me etc she neednt keyed in, but for other nos. we need the pin. The salesman told me msia have this type of tel......

Hi mummies, long time nvr come in here coz I was maidless till #2 came along. Need to seek opinion. Current maid eats very little. Breakfast, Milo only. Lunch, 2 eggs and Milo only. Dinner, she eats the same thing as us, but very very little. Is it normal? Is it ok? She kept saying it's ok leh. Work wise, her attitude is ok. Not bad. Just that she eats so little...

Hi all,

I have changed 3 maids within 7 months and also received a letter from MOM that my next application may not be approved.

How long more do I need to wait before I can apply for another maid again without going through course?

I have been enduring my maid for 4 months already. Everyday listening to my mum's complain till my ear become numb. I don't want to reprimand the maid. Already tired of doing that cos maid has all reason to turn black into white. Just one word. She is a lazy maid.

Her loan will be completed in July. I was planning to get a replacement and send current one back home. Not gg to tell her anything. But I'm afraid my application will be rejected by MOM.

Back