Advise on Baby & Maid Exps

Wow! I din log-in a couple of days and so much postings to follow-up. hehehheeh...
biggrin.gif

<font color="aa00aa">bobo</font>,
No worries yah. Glad that you've managed to find a nanny in the same block. Goood for you!
happy.gif

<font color="aa00aa">Lynnzee</font>,
Aiyoh... can you explain to your dad firmly to stop buying BF for your maid?! Make him understand that he is putting his grandchild at risk cos if the maid goes to your MIL's place and no such 'preferred' treatment, the maid will be angry and may take it out on your BB. Tell him what he is doing is not for the good of your BB.

<font color="aa00aa">May</font>,
It's good to send such maid back!! Terrible!

<font color="aa00aa">Tamarind</font>,
Thks for the updates. Berry informative.

hahaha...dymples, "...to stop buying BF for your maid..." so funny...I mean, coz this is a motherhood forum (ok, it's not a breastfeeding thread), BF has many meanings. hahaha. so when I first read it, for that split second, i was like "huh? BF?"...muahahaha. then the next second, I was "Ohh....breakfast..." hahaha...

(ok, I'm now awake...bb kept me up last night.
sad.gif
and today is not holiday anymore...)

<font color="aa00aa">CSI Fan</font>,
hehehhhe... yah hor. I also neber notice it. *lol*
rofl.gif
Oh dear... BB kept you awake all night? Wat happen?

OMG....

everytime my HB is at home, he discovers something unacceptable. haiz.

We are giving my gal porridge. So, usually from the pot, we'll scoop out 1 bowl of porridge for her (the bowl becomes the "guage" to see how much she eats). Then from the bowl, we'll use a metal spoon to scoop into baby's bowl to feed baby using baby's utensils. Today, hb saw that the maid used the metal spoon, took a bit of the porridge, put into her mouth (coz she wanted to taste and see if the porridge is cool enough), and then put the spoon back into the bowl with ther remaining porridge!!!!! How unhygenic!!! MY GOD! How long has this been going on, I have no idea! I am sooooooo mad now.

My instructions were to make sure porridge is cooked half hour before her feeding time, so that it can cool. Like that there's no need to taste the porridge mah...aiyoh. How?? haiz.

Then we also noticed that she always let my gal get out of her chair (bumbo seat) and crawl all over...when it's meal times. Will the baby end up with the bad habit of wanting to run around and crawl around during meal times and end up not eating properly?

dymples,
dunno...think she's teething that's why. Kept crying and fussing. The only thing to keep her quiet is the human pacifier. But sore lah...then thot she sleep already, remove, and she'll cry again! *pengz*

Eeeekks!!! That's so gross!! How can your maid do that??! Pls do tell her off that this practice is unhygienic. Tell her your instructions is to cook the porridge 1/2 hour b4 feeding BB. Like that the porridge will be cool liaoz. No need for her to "test". Also... definately not good idea to let your gal crawl around during feeding time! Bad habit! Next time go out how? Chase after her??!! *aarrgghh* must put a stop quick.

oh dear... yah.. when BB teething they are usually more cranky. hiaz... really not easy to be a mommy. Slowly slowly okie...

dymples,
yah...have to put a stop to it. But my girl can really scream...think the maid also probably pai seh, then scared wait my grandma etc scold her for letting my gal scream and scream (you know, like how it is when some kids scream, the adults will think "what happened? Why scream until like that? U beat? etc...". So she just quickly let her out of the chair.

csi fan, eeowww, did u tell yr maid not to do that again? her saliva, eowww yr bb got to eat tat porridge leh, u must tell her not to do tat leh, faint liao.

lynnzee, oic, lk tat u must sit down n tell yr dad abt yr worries la, coz ltr d myanmar maid wl gv yr probs, ltr she tell u she prefer to go yr mum hse everyday.

dymples, long time no see leh, tot u gv birth liao.

may, huh, u cxl d maid appln? r u going to go maidless now or lk for another one? jia you.

Maid behaviour

Just wanna check with you mum what is this maid up to?

Few days ago, my maid took out some sweets from a box and ate it infront of my gal, and tell her, see I can eat, you cannot eat(I do not allow my gal to eat those cheap cheap sweet)and my gal is frustrated.

Next, when my gal ask her to bring the bag to her, maid will like playing a fool with her, want to give, dont want to give when gal reach out for it...

Is this maid plain childish or deprieve of her own childhood days?

thanks

Aiyoh... like that maid also difficult leh. Put BB in cahir... she scream. Take her out, become bad habit, you not happy. *scratch head*

<font color="aa00aa">Kanna sai</font>,
hehhehe... Last week gynae told me that BB may "pop" anytime. So I faster rush to settle all my errands lor... buy school uniforms &amp; textbook for no.1, go for my B-wax, orthodontic appt, "chiong" Sanrio Fair, etc... *faintz* After rushing to settle everything... still hv not "popped". *LOL*
biggrin.gif

<font color="aa00aa">Joy</font>,
I dun condone such behaviour from the maid. I feel like she is taunting a little child, making fun and getting "happy" over it. Tell her off to "grow-up". I dun care whether she's deprived or childish. Which ever way I see it, this behaviour is not acceptable as it's causing your gal to be upset.

dymples,
yah lorh. I also understand that it's difficult for maid. so I also dunno how. haiz. But I know it will become a bad habit. Hopefully my gal not so mischeivous lah...and will grow out of it. muahaha. But first and foremost is the saliva and spoon bit. That one is a BIG no no.

Hahaha...ur baby wants u to be sure u settle everything first before coming out...heehee...

Joy,
I also dun condone such behaviour from the maid (or anyone). coz it's like haing fun at the expense of the child. (like I have fun by disturbing u, at your expense. not correct also mah). And the child may grow up feeling frustrated (but they dunno why they feel frustrated, coz they never understood it). I feel it's not healthy lah...

Hi Dymples and CSI Fan

Thanks for feedback.

I have already told my maid off not to do that.I asked her how she feels if I am eating a chicken wings infront of her, and tell her she cannot eat it.

Next, I asked her about the bag issues, she goes like in mandarin, you ma?I say whatever it is, dont do it again as that really irritates my gal alot.

dymples, icic, must settle everything first before d little one pop out to say hello, juz check wiz u, do u dare to lv a DQ @ home while u go for hols, my hb says to lv DQ @ home when we go hkg lk we used to lv our 1st fili @ home when we go hols!

CSI fan,
wah piang! your maid is damn gross!! Have to tell her off for that leh...

abt the sitting in chair, just wondering in the first place do you always insist that your gal sit in the chair when eating? Tell your maid you insist that your gal has to sit in it. Then tell your grandma that it's ok lor, that you are trying to teach your gal to sit down properly for meals. I'm sure your grandma will understand. aft a few times, I'm sure your gal will learn.

These maids always dunno what is the right thing to do with kids one lah...and we as employers shouldn't expect them to know either. even if they do know something, more often than not, it's not something that is acceptable to us.

Joy,
your maid is cruel to children. I dun like this kind of maid. This is not even playing!

next time dun even bother asking her why. should just tell her that she cannot do things like that. I find that everytime we ask a maid why or explain their actions, they always have all sorts of stupid unacceptable excuses. I've learned to just tell them what they cannot do. not interested in their explanation.

dymples,
still waiting to pop huh? keke..btw, whr's the sanrio fair??

kanna sai,
if it's me, i won't dare to leave DQ at home. In fact, I'll take this opportunity to send her back to the agent and dun collect her back aft the trip...wahahaha...good time to send her off...

DQ and your 1st fili maid hor are MANY MANY worlds apart leh... you have to tell your hb that...

<font color="aa00aa">Joy</font>,
No worries... I dun it like it when maids do this type of things. Feels like they "bully" the younger ones lor. So must put the maid's in their places b4 things get too far.

<font color="aa00aa">Kannasai</font>,
Aiyoh! I confirm won't allow DQ to be at home alone whilst you go on holiday! She sure to be up to even more mischief! Already with you at home so drama... can imgaine without anyone around to "control" her? Scarly she bring men home... steal your things... or worse... have party in your house??? *faintz* No... No... No... Me definately won't take the chance.

<font color="aa00aa">Nellu</font>,
The Sanrio Fair is at Taka "Talking Hall", Level B2, near the bedlinen section. hehehhe... I'm super HK fan lor. So even though going to "pop" still must "chiong".

dymples,
hehehe...this kind of thing how to stop right? if it's me i'll also still chiong...

got nice stuff to get or not? got other character things right other than HK? I used to like HK a lot...i like the 1980s version of HK stuff... love the red. the newer versions of pink ones i dun really fancy so much.

hi nellu &amp; dymples, tq for yr advice, i oso think so, i more of thinking tat she wl loot d whole hse n go back to fili ... my hb alw says o we must learn to trust d maid, lk trust d hiao fili until she tk his foreign $$ (serve him rite coz he tinks d maids r all lk my 1st fili). yes, world apart, i wl tell tat to my hb. my frenz says can park DQ @ her place but hb say no nn, n i oso scared DQ caused big drama @ my frenz home, so now dunno what to do. yes, bring her back to agt n no nn to bring back haha, but hb die die must hv maid, prob he scared, i ask him to cut grass, arghhhh!

dymples, u so cute, the Sanrio fair too irrestible rite, me now wiz so much maid probs, i got no interest for anything liao. i really dunno why i m lk tat. simple solution is juz to b maidless but yet, dunno why i still hanging onto DQ!

joy, i agree wiz nellu, tat is too cruel to do to a kid, why dun if next time, yr maid did it agn, expln to yr dd tat those cheap cheap sweets r not good/meant for kids n offer her some of yr own instead. d hiao fili ate one of her cheap sweeets infront of my dd before n i heard my dd told her 'these sweets not good, bad for d teeth, i got my own nice sweets, my dad bought fm where &amp; where', so that put hiao fili in her place but den end up, d hiao fili pinched her sweets lor.

kanna sai,
psycho your hubby lah...i think it's cos he's afraid of the 'unknown' (aka cut grass!! ahaha!). it's just temporary mah...can always get those PT pple to come to clean house and cut grass..that's not a big problem at all.

he's right that we must learn to trust but then sometimes must see what kind of situation mah right? Like my current maid, her mistakes are all small small kind, generally her attitude is good. so when my hb scold me and tell me that I have to learn to trust her, i do take his advice seriously cos I feel that this maid CAN be given that chance. But i think with DQ, even my hb who's usually v trusting and v willing to give pple chances, he wouldn't even tell you to trust her leh.

your hiao fili maid too much...so daring to pinch (in my eyes it's consider stealing!)from a young kid! but your dd good lah...she can tell maid off.. i like!

hi mommies, talking about getting part-time cleaner .. can i check, for you ladies who get part-time help, whether do you let the cleaner do her cleaning job alone or do you specially ensure somebody is at home at the time of cleaning?

<font color="aa00aa">Nellu</font>,
This Sanrio Fair got lots of HK stuffs esepecially household things. But they also got loads of SKS, Cinnamaroll, My Melody things. But I control my spending lor... initally I grabbed about $250 worth of loots. In end, after sorting thru... I end up buying only $150 worth. hehehehe... Hub was so surprised I spend so little.

Guess you hanging on to DQ cos subconsciously you know that things will be easier with a maid bah. This is further re-inforced by your hub. Tink also cos you and family went thru so much with the hiao fili, siao ting tong myanmar and now DQ, you all scared of any more changes. I can really empathise with you on this. It's like you juz wish to have a good maid and settle all these uncertainty and upheaval once and for all.

<font color="aa00aa">PinkTweet</font>,
When I had a P/T cleaner, I will make sure tat either me or hub will be at home to "watch" over her whilst she does the cleaning. I simply dun trust strangers being alone in my home. Humans are humans yah... when faced with temptation.... who knows...

Thanks nellu and kannasai and everyone for the thoughts...

I like the one saying that those sweets are cheap cheap one, that is why my mummy says cannot eat, my daddy buy from where...where is only meant for me...hahaha

Nellu, u r rite, we only gv chances to those maid that CAN be given a chance, glad to see that yr maid is one of those that can be
gvn one. DQ - it is out of our desperation. I can not forget her big DRAMA, frenzs have asked me to forget that episode and move on if she improves but I nvr see any improvement. Prob, d 1 ½ mth while waiting for siao ting tong Myanmar maid tat time md my hb scared … of the unknown haha. Wiz horrible maids ard, our kids nn to b able to stand up to them, I guess my dd must b really very frustrated wiz these horrid maids.

Dymples, yr words r so true, it is exactly how I am feeling, it is really very stressful wiz these 3 maids, siao ting tong was not so
stressful except her ghost story &amp; when she go siao, even she said she hates kids, she seems to b able to play happily wiz my kids, they can run/chase/play hide &amp; seek in d gdn, can even play sparkles wiz them &amp; etc, her hsewk quite good. What we went thru is affecting my kids. Even a P2 kid asked me (nb kid a few doors down d rd) last wk infront of DQ, "why u always chg maid? What for? For me, I felt that my maid is good enuf and she can stay on wkg wiz us!" I dun care a damn abt what my nb/tinks/say but coming fm a P2 kid – mk arghhhhh!

Dymples, when u had a p/t cleaner last time, was d hse clean, did they realy clean up d whole hse? Did they limit how many pcs of clothings/stuff they iron every wk?

Hi mommies,

Just to give some hopes to you all, good maids still exist! I used to rant here as well about my previous maid and was so fed up then that i decided to go maidless. After few months without one, hubby want me to rest more and so decided to search for another one.
I did a search on netmaid.com and chose an indonesian maid. Lucky me she turned out ok even though initially was quite slow. Most important thing is her attitude is good and willingness to learn. She had exp in dubai 3 years and requested for no off day and also has no intention of getting a hp.

Sorry for the late reply. Went for my gynae check today and also to play Hello Kitty Lucky Dip. heheheh...

To answer your question... when I had p/t cleaner, I will tell her what I need her to do. Mainly, it's mopping the floor, washing toilets, cleaning kitchen area and ironing clothes. The rest of the housework like washing clothes, sweeping and general maintenance, I will usually do myself bit by bit over the week. The house cleanliness actually depends on the family's activities. I learned not to be overly fussy since thorough cleaning is only done once a week. But my cleaning auntie is quite good cos she will take care to clean those areas that I told her to do so thoroughly. She will come in the morning say about 9am and will take about 4-5hours in total. For ironing, there is no limit on the number of clothes. Only thing is when we have really alot of clothes to iron then we'll pay her accordingly to how many hours extra she spend on ironing lor. HTH's
happy.gif

dymples, wow, hk lucky dip so nice. i bet u must hv lots of hk collections. gynae check - how is yr little one? i was crazy abt precious moments figurines last time n whenever i felt down i wl buy one to cheer myself up but that was yrs ago. tq for yr adv, if i go maidless, i wl get lk yrs not thru cleaning co. coz d pkgs sev co sent me got say how pcs of clothings &amp; etc, chg curtains how often &amp; so on. Prob is when there is a maid, even tho no mttr how messy d hse is, he juz kept quiet but tat 1 1/2 mth, wow, everyday complain dirty/messy.

Hi Ladies, I went to maid agency to look for maids ytd. Filipino maids salary is $420 at Nation and $370 at Jack Focus. How come such a difference in their salary? Both of the maids I shortlisted are inexperienced.

2nd baby,
well, it's like when we look for temp or contract job. Different recruiting agencies will give us different rates. So it's up to you to search around. Impt thing is to get the right fit and feel of the person.

$420 at nation of inexperienced? hmmm, think it went up. When I went to them to search 6 mths back, it was $400...

2nd baby,

went to the latter agency you mentioned, the lady told me filipino maid is $330 for inexperience one. Didn't get their maid cos their service is bad and anyhow push the maid to me even though is not my requirement.

CSI, its $400. $420 cos of no off day.

annlee, heard quite a few bad reviews on this agency. Hmm..

Still thinking of which maids to employ. Cos I shortlisted 2 from Nation and 1 from Jack Focus.

hehheheh... my whole kitchen and all my bathrooms are HK theme. From soap dispenser to toaster to cutting board... all HK lor. *lol* I also like Precious Moments... but the figurines so ex. Currently I only own 4-pcs.

Yah.. if going to get cleaning lady, dun go thru those agencies. Not worth and the charges usually quite ex. You can try sourcing from forums and word-of-mouth. Aiyoh... if your hub makes noise then tell him to clean lor. My hub initially also like that. Complained the house so messy, dirty, etc. So I told him off tat he can try cleaning himself for 1-week. After that 1-week... no more complains from him liaoz. *hah!!*

<font color="aa00aa">2nd Baby</font>,
Personally, I dun like Nation. Feel that their sales person anyhow push maid bio. Dun take the time 2 listen to listen to my requirements. Somemore their agency fee sssooo ex leh. Wah seh... $400 for inexp. fili is ex leh. I feel not worth it. I would only pay like $370 or $380 max. For Jack Focus, I've read some bad reviews so never go there and try at all.

dymples, wow, yr hse must b very very nice, in pink themes, sure yr kids love it. yes, d precious moments very ex, tat was why i stopped haha. my spcl instruction to all d maids, can not open d glass cabinet at all times, espc DQ, scarly she drop one of them, dunno whether laugh or cry. hk oso not cheap la, ex oso, u must oso tell yr maid to handle wiz care esp those spcl collections one. yr hb so good, @ least, he can try, my hb haiz, i divd our chores but he nvr did his, so end up i did everything during tat period, hopeless, he onli know how to complain! funny thing is when there is a maid, no mttr how messy/dirty d hse is esp wiz DQ, his mouth is sealed up!

<font color="aa00aa">2nd baby &amp; kannasai</font>,
heheheh... yah.. the colour theme is mostly pink lor. Usually when I got frenz or relatives over, they will shake their heads lor. heheheheeh... they can't believe that HK comes in such things like scissors, cutlery set, down to coasters. *lol*

<font color="aa00aa">kannasai</font>,
Maybe your hub keep his mouth quiet when the maid is around cos he knows you already so stressed, so he dun wanna stress you further? Also, when maid is around, most hub will leave it to us women to settle lor. They dun want to "interfere"

Annelee,

Who served you at JF? I recently just confirmed a PH maid from them too and the person who served me was quite nice...she gave me very practical advice cos my maid would need to work 2 houses..ie, day time go Ah Ma house with my DD.

The person also handled my SIL's case and my SIL also recommended her to us.

kristen mum
that lady who serve me is very rush and pushy, I gotta make up my mind fast for her!! Did not get any maid in the end. Btw, I require for indon maid and she kept telling me not to go for filipino maid, big attitude prob. Maybe is different person, that lady is very loud, fast and service lousy, I forgotten to ask her name ha...

Kristen_mum, I got my maid from there, my first ranaway maid was served by Ryan from Bukit Timah and the replacement was served by Angel from Hougang Green branch. Angel gave a better service.

Annlee,

Which branch did you go to? I went to the one at Bt Timah and the lady is Katherine.

Yeah..I have heard so much about PH maids having big attitude problems but then again, all maids are the same nowadays cos they have been influenced by those who have worked overseas and returned back to their countries. It really depends on our luck I guess. I have never hired a PH maid before cos all my past maids are Indon and 2 from Myanmar. All my past Indon maids have attitude problems except for the last one but too bad that she wanted to transfer cos I believe she did not want to go to my MIL house to help during day time and I cannot leave her at my house with my young DD.

However having said that, I see my neighbour's PH maids and my brother's PH maid are ok leh..really keeping my fingers cross that my new PH maid will be good.

SusanY,

Oh Ryan..he has left JF already...He used to serve me too and I found that his service also not very good and proactive. The previous time I chose a Myanmar maid that was highly recommended by him but in the end the maid did not come to SG cos her mother last minute decided not to let her come...wa lau..I waited for 2 months for her PP to be issued and then he told me that!!! Was so mad!!! In the end,I went to another agency to get maids..

Kristen_mum, JF is not very good, i went to them for the first time as I was keen on a bio of a maid, I was so so hesitate to use them.
But then at the end, after signing up with them, they couldn't deliver the chosen maid for me but pushed me another one instead and that's the one who ran away.
But I can say that Ryan was very good and superfast in getting a replacement employer for the ran-away maid.
No choice as I need another one, I went to their HG branch, though Angel served me better, also, I couldn't get the maid that I chose from there and the same process repeated where she asked me to get the current one eventhough this maid didn't meet all my requirements.
So far, she has been 3 months with me and I can say that she's much better than the ran-away one.

hi mummies,
so many posts i can't keep up! :p

btw, I'm confirmed more or less going back to work next Jan. Now need to re-design my maid's job scope. My boy will be going to CC next year Jan also. I'll put him for half day first as i'll be working on flexi basis first but will likely move to full time if everything is ok...but then i have to find things for maid to do...

other than getting her to do the cooking, what else should i let her do? house not v messy/dirty or big...the cleaning can be done in half a day...

any advice would be appreciated...

susanY,
no. no elderly for her to take care of.

basically, if i work full time and my ds goes full day CC, maid will be home for a good 10-12hours!

I have confirmed my new filipino maid liao. Current Indo maid leaving in one mth time. Hope the filipino maid wont give probs.

My worry now is whether my 23 mths old gal will refuse to be taken care by the new maid cos she is quite close to my current maid now. Anyone got this prob during the transition period?

Check with you ladies, anyone try best home agency before?

kristen mum,

I went to katong branch. Actually what I'm saying is that that lady really against me taking filipino maid, maybe she don't like them ha... I got 2 filipino maids before, all gave me probs. I also heard some of them are good, it all depends on luck. If you got a maid already, then gotta be positive. I'm actually considering filipino maid, if getting new maid I'm afraid will be like my first filipino one, came and cry almost everyday cos her hb got another woman etc... really gotta try my luck on either indon or filipino, headache...

CSI_fan,
I read somewhere in forum there's a mommy also praise this agency. So far how's your maid? Can recommend that person who serves you?

Back