Advise on Baby & Maid Exps

babycutie.. indo or phil maid i dun mind leh.. but i tink Jennifer there got less indo maids.. if am not wrong.. but she was also commenting tat tis days.. indo maids also getting smarter.. as am a catholic.. it will b easier for me to go phil maids as we can go church together n she doesn't nid to request for off day to go church.. tat's y..

sigh..

Re BO
After reading the posts on BO, i beginning to think i very direct with this .. know what, when i get my maid the snake powder, i told her very directly that this will prevent her bawu .. surprisingly, she know what is bawu, is it a malay word? cos all along i thot it's a dialect word .. then she say she will put cos she also can't stand her bawu whenever she perspire in a smiley tone ..

celtricia,
i'm also catholic. Because of this also i chose PH maids. Actually wanted to take an Indo maid but later changed back to PH...

nellu.. ya.. my 1st maid was indo.. n she doesn't take pork.. whh makes it a bit difficult as we usually eat out on saturdays n its usually 'je char' if u noe wat i mean.. den whenever we order.. muz bear in mind she can't take certain food.. n tat coffee shop only got tat stall.. sigh.. coz its super near my grandma plc.. so we usually eat there after attending mass on saturdays.. she was quite gd, but cut corners, n din really play or sing songs wif the kids.. both my kids totally dislike her.. sigh.. whh in d end i haf to send her bak.. coz my main concern was my kids mah.. if she can't handle them.. dat makes me haf no time to even bath.. coz both stick to me like mad.. n when i bath.. can't even lock my door.. imagine.. sigh..

the last straw came when on 1 particular day when we were sending them to my mum plc.. coz nearing my mum plc.. but got traffic jam,so hb's car was stationery, she juz opened the car door n walk out den open my car door n carry my ger out.. i was in a state of shock when she did tat.. n only abt 5mins later den i turned n ask my hb if he did tell her tat she cld alight.. whh he din.. wah.. tell u.. tat's it lor.. cfm my decision is right to send her bak.. n btw, she's a ex-msia wif 2 yrs exp.. n she has been wif me for abt a yr..

Mummies
need some urgent advice. My PH maid just came in to work for me for 1 month. So far she's been good, we get along quite well and all looks positive. However, she recently developed a cyst on her shoulder which now requires day surgery, costs about $1000. Problem is she had this same problem 5 years ago, it was treated then, and only now it recurred again.

I checked with the medical insurer and they told me there's a possibility that they would not honour the claim given it's can be considered as Pre-existing conditions. I felt this is so unfair to me as she was given a clean bill of health during her medical check-up.

I'm now in a dilemma. Should I send her for the ops? or send her home? I feel quite bad on 'abandoning' her also, but she's just with me so short and no guarantee she will be good for the rest of her contract...how?

Celtricia,
The reason I want to hire Indo is because my mum can't speck English. My mum can speak some Malay so communication is more effective if I hire Indo.

ixwong,
sorry.. maybe some mummy will tink that i very black heart. but if I am you, I will send her home.. cos she's oni here for 1mth.. 1mth maid always good.. and positive (at least to me). and if more complication happens during the surgery.. you will be the one who will carry the burden.. ofcos.. unless u can afford to be generous than can go ahead..

celtricia,
wah. your ex indo maid's behaviour is scary leh..i'll freak out and jump out of the car if i were you.

erm actually i dun mind if the maid dun sing songs with the kids. i'm ok if she just sit there and jaga the kid play. Cos i'm very particular about my boy's speech and music learning. if you read my posts earlier (yes you can laugh abt it!), you'lll know why. I'd rather my son dunno how to speak and dunno how to sing than to speak and sing the wrong way.

btw, my current PH maid cannot sing. She cannot follow the church choir for even the simple things like the alleluia....i really faint...

ixwong,

i too think that you should just send her home. No need to feel sorry about abandoning her or anything. I agree totally with what nyssa had post. I had taken up a more comprehensive insurance package for my maid which would compensate me for everyday she cannot work...but if in the event she is found to have some serious illness, i won't hesitate to send her home straight.

I just don't want to deal with complications. and she is not my family.

Celtricia
Regarding food, mine is indo also can't eat pork. But MIL cooked pork as usual (of course also got other type of food like fish and chicken). Maid also take and eat pork without asking .. It means as long as she doesn't know it's pork and, it's not her fault (ie. no need to be answerable to her god). As long as she don ask, we also don volunteer to tell her it's pork. .. So easy loh .. She has been with us for 1yr liao, don know eat how much pork already ..

hahaha PinkTweet!! you SO bad!!
happy.gif

abt food, i think most of you would find this really funny. My #2 ex maid, PH maid, doesn't eat chicken. Very siong. We don't really eat pork at home. so ended up she ate a lot of fish. Until my MiL at that time decided to buy cheap fish for her and expensive fish for ourselves. I very buay tahan her, the maid, abt this point because i think she lied abt her not eating chicken. I ask around, somemore ask my Filo friends. They all gave me weird looks.
Thankfully she's out of my household now! I think abt her also make me feel damn sian!

ixwong
I also will send her home if i'm in your position. cos it's a pre-existing condition and not due to work injury when she's working for u. No need to feel sorry. $1000 leh, quite a lot for most of us here .. But then if i'm super super super rich and don mind the $1000, i will pay for her, as a charity/donation.

nellu
For your don eat chicken maid, i think it's just she's fussy .. For my family (including my mom and MIL), we don eat beef and mutton, so if we avoid pork if we eat outside, what can we eat? Also, not possible for us to cook chicken every mean .. haha .. u know, when she eat my mom's noodles (with minced pork inside), she still say the very nice! . . and eat 2 bowls somemore! .. She also have been eating our dumplings recently, eat so many ..

My mil is even more cunning. For things which she don want maid to eat (eg. the expensive instant noodles which she bought from japan, $8 a pack), she will specifically tell the maid got pork inside .. haha .. Cos for this maid, she usually will happily help herself to whatever food she can find in MIL's place and eat like nobody's business, cos mil start at the wrong footing - ie. mil told her to help herself to the food if she's hungry, now cannot retract liao .. At my place, she don dare to, cos i told her she can only eat things which i tell her can eat, the rest can't eat. I really salute mil for thinking of using Pork as a deterance for this purpose..

ixwong,
I would send her back if it cannot be covered by insurance.
If the doctor writes on the report that this is a new condition only discovered within last month, the insurance will pay for it. If it is pre-existing, the insurance will not cover it.

Thanks, mummies.

Nellu, my insurance is also the more expensive one like yours but the issue is such insurance always exclude pre-existing conditions which render the expenses not claimable.

I just spoken to the agent. Could not get them to co-share, and they propose that I deduct it from her salary. They are also ok with me sending the maid back to them but they will want to transfer her if it's ascertain that the illness is not contagious. Like u, if the illness is serious, I will definitely send her back but this does not seem to be such a case.

Given so many uncertainty in getting a good maid, not sure if I opt for a new one is truly a better choice....that's why such in a dilemma.

babycutie.. my mum can't speak malay.. but can speak simple english.. so still not too bad.. i also dun wan indo becoz my dad who can speak malay.. tend to side my indo maid whenever i reprimand her.. sigh..

nellu, at tat moment in time.. i also duno wat to react leh.. seriously.. too stun to react liao.. haiz..

as for singing songs.. for me not very impt lah.. but hump to tune also can.. i dun really mind lah.. most impt can get the kids to like her n let her handle.. dun wan every small tings also nid me to handle my kids..sigh..

my current PH also dun sing during mass leh.. funny hor.. but well.. her prounuciation still not too bad.. except for some.. whh i nid to correct her.. ya.. i read the prev postings.. very funny.. heh..

PinkTweet, cookin at hm is ok.. but when eat outside with only a stall tat sells hor fun all tat kind of dishes.. we usually order dishes mainly wif pork leh.. so a bit ma fan.. n ya.. i also notice.. if i dun say got pork.. she will also take n eat w/o askin.. but well.. i dun wan to b so mean..so if got pork.. i will tell her lor.. haf to respect her religion mah..

ixwong,
to me it's no dilemma. She's only here for one month. Like what some mummies said earlier, in the initial months all maids are good one. You'll only know whether the maid is good at the end of two years.

celtricia,
my maid sings but badly. I buay tahan...maybe cos am musician so cannot take it.

ya agree. the maid can't be so useless until everything also we handle. Then wat's the pt of hiring them right?

btw, where do you go for mass?? just curious

nellu.. lol.. u musician ah.. mayb bah.. well my elder sis din complain on her singing.. so shld b ok bah.. coz she a piano teacher, n my son can sing n follow tune quite well.. juz tat prounciation not very gd.. so still ok for me..

tat's wat i tot when i decided to send my indo maid bak.. i was tinking.. wat the hell.. nw seems like am the maid.. lol.. so decided to send her bak for gd.. but duno hw come.. she manage to get someone to direct hire her for hsewrk only.. she heng lor..

me? i go to St Mary's at bukit batok.. heh.. u?

Re : Maids who cannot eat this n that..

Guess i have relate to all b4 abt many maids' perculiarities.. will mention them again.

1st indo maid: In name is Muslim, but tell me straight off she can eat everything including pork. Day one buy Malay rice for her, left all her vege behind. When asked, say she dun eat vege.. Wat logic man!!!

2nd indo maid: Tell us she allergic to eggs. So we avoided giving her food wif eggs. But she can wallop the whole butter cake, fried kway tiao, carrot cake n tell us no problem. But when tell her to cook instant noodles wif egg, she say cannot.. will fall sick...
Best part... she loved to eat seafood esp prawns.. But always eat until eys swollen. Then come running to me asking for medication to subside sweeling. Tell her she allergic to seafood but still deny n die, die wan to eat.. So fed up!!!!

Last indo maid: Claim to be Muslim n therefore cannot eat pork. Sometimes at my mum's place, my mum forgot n ask her to eat a particular dish, she can scold my mum back n tell her off.. Saying how she can let her eat pork.
She is oso the most selfish maid n did all kinds of bad things behind us, she oso scare i duped her food wif pork. Always me, sure the dinner i cook got no pork. Humph! Guilty conscious!!!
N she is always so greedy, when my mum tells her to take the amount she wants, she will take so much until she cannot finish n need to split the meal to 2 times.
And i have no idea where she get this info from.. but for all her noodles, she must boil 1st n throw away the water n then cook the noodles in the soup b4 she can eat.. that includes instant noodles, cooked pasta etc.. Ended up prepare a meal for herself take up to 2 hrs!!!!!
ANd when at my mum's place, she could have just finish her lunch less than 15 min ago. If she sees someone eating something, be it my kids or my mum's maid. She will quickly tell my mum that she is very hungry n whether she can eat watever, watever.. that the someone is eating!!!

Phili maid: Buay tahan. Brand new. No experience at all. But somehow they have no qualms abt throwing away food even though i have already told her no wasting of food. Only take wat u can finish. But always caught her throwing away rice.

celtricia
For hor fan stall, maybe u can order a big plate of hor fan (or other kind of noodles/bee hoon) for her and request they replace pork with fish. Usually they will entertain such request. She can then also share your vege dishes.

PinkTweet.. the prob is.. my hb dun like to eat fish.. haha.. tat's y a bit ma fan.. den if i order those vegetarian kind of fried rice for her.. she also can't finish the whole plate.. so its quite wasteful lor.. so everytime i like maid.. haf to take away a portion of rice for myself to eat lor..

mummies,
today is bad day for me ref the maid.

1. hubby told her to toast 3 slices of bread. She did 5. When asked why, she said "I always toast 5." Hubby: "but i told you just now to toast only 3. Why do you still toast 5?" Maid: "..." after a while say sorry.

2. Wash baby's bedsheets - just take out and dump into machine and start. Only 1 bedsheet, 1 protector and 2 small bolster case. Told her before every week (!) to wait first and check with me if there is anything else to add into machine. But NO! just switch on the machine. Angry. Hubby told her "next week you put in playpen mattress sheet, baby's blanket, and play mattress sheet to wash together. EVERY week!"

3. Took 1 over hour to clean my bathroom and sweep and mop bedroom floor. I wanted to use bathroom and must wait for her. Once she finished i went in. She saw me go in. My boy followed behind, crawling. She just took her clothes and towel, go to the kitchen, close the kitchen door (so that my boy cannot go in) and go into the bathroom. I heard my boy crawling around on his own. I quickly came out of my bathroom. Picked my boy up and stormed into the kitchen and then the back bathroom and really yelled at her!!! She is SO daring as to let my boy crawl around unsupervised, when she knew i was going to the bathroom!! Was very very angry and very disappointed with her behaviour.

4.Saw her taking baby bedsheets out of washing machine. Wanted to put in dryer..she very know how to waste electricity for me!!! Then she wanted to put the cot bumper in as well. That is when i realised why the cot bumper was slightly damaged! Angry again! told her off! made her hang up everything on bamboo poles.

5. aft i came back from buying lunch, saw her holding a dry cloth dunno doing what. I just ignored her but i knew she was skiving. yday my playgroup came and played all the toys. She didn't clean them. Clothes not ironed since 2 days ago...never mind i let go

6. When my boy was sleeping, she also go and 'rest'. hide in room to cut nails. for one hour!

7. dinner preparations - only asked her to cook rice and cut the spinach. Wanted to steam fish for dinner but wanted to wait till hubby comes back then steam. O/w fish is not nice. Maid asked if she needed to steam fish. Told her no need. Just fry veg and cook rice. BUT (!) she went to steam my fish!!!!! The fish not even ready yet! I haven't even put in all the ingredients and went to steam it! I caught her doing it halfway. VERY VERY Angry by this time.

this maid, when want her to auto, she dun auto. When you dun want her to auto, she anyhow auto...

damn sianz!

sorry for long post...really need to rant

nellu.. totally understand wat u r gg thru.. n totally agree tat maids tis days..really like to do tings opposite of wat we tell them.. sigh.. hugz

celtricia,
i was very very angry with her. for two things mainly.

1. letting my boy crawl around unsupervised. She's so selfish. She just wanted to go and shower. I whole day so tired and hot also can't just walk into the bathroom like that and yet she did that.

2. steaming the fish. I SPECIFICALLY told her not to steam the fish. Then she go and do it. When questioned her why, she can answer me "I thought i should do it so you can eat early." I asked her " Did I or did i not tell you to steam the fish?" She can answer me "No you didn't tell me to steam the fish." SO I was so angry and yelled at her "then why did you do it??!?!" I told her "you don't know how to cook. Yet you want to poke your nose into this. How do you know what I want to do with the fish?"

Even my hubby also gave it to her. Told her "there are many ways to cook the fish, many ways to steam fish. You don't know why you go and do."

The fish cost me $40! and I wanted to let my hubby have a nice dinner tonight. In the end all ruined because the maid geh kiang!!

I really scolded her left right centre inside out. Since she came (for 1mth now), today is the first time i really yelled at her twice.

really really very fed up...somemore i got a bad cough. now no voice liao!

btw, also told my hubby not to make me teach the maid how to cook.

Tonight's incident is good example that she thinks she know liao then she just anyhow do. I refuse to teach her because of this.

nellu
totally understand on the cooking part.

yesterday, she only cook rice and vegetable because say my mother did not instruct her despite me having given her a schedule on what to cook. unless my mother change the schedule she is suppose to cook what I write. Ask her why only, her eyes red red, want to cry already.

Told her, if auntie (my mum) did not instruct then cook what I write.'

Today - I have soup, vegetable, egg, another vegetable, chicken and meat. faint. ask her why, she say auntie instruct and she also follow my schedule as yesterday I say follow schedule....

so much leftover keep in fridge. Told her tomorrow afternoon, she can not cook other things, finish the food in the fridge.

Like that, how to teach...told her off only, want to cry again.

Last Sat and Sun also very upset with her. She bath at 11 am and spend 1 hour in the bathroom. Normally this time, I need her to prepare lunch....Saturday I let it go and my boy have to eat at 1 pm which is 1 hour late. Sunday, I told her what to cook and the moment, she went to the bathroom to bath..can stand her, so I start cooking loudly. I finish preparing and cooking already she still inside bathroom. I wait for her to come out and ask her why she bath so early, she should prepare lunch then bath and why she didn't follow my timetable...she can still tell me, mdm after cleaning the room very hot and sweaty.

nellu,
i can totally understand ur situation. I think that is the most impt reason why I CANNOT STAND MAIDS ANYMORE. Pardon the screaming but i just cannot help it. This is especially so when they are with u for a while oredi or have some experience working else where.

These maids always like to do things their own way. They refuse to follow what u tell them and the chores they are suppose to do everyday.. they will forget. For those that is non of their business, they will ke kiang n ask whether they can help!!!!!! I can't stand it when they always like to run to me when i am preparing dinner. I do a much faster job and my family got very strange requirements... So no point telling maid wat to cook..
1. Hubby is truely allergic to eggs
2. Maid cannot eat pork
3. Kids cannot take spicy food
4. Youngest only eat rice...
But always w/o fail, maid will come n ask what to do to help... I am, do u have a problem???!!!! Can u pls take care of the kids so that i quickly prepare n get dinner out???!!!!
My mum ever let her wash vege.. hoping that maid can help me out eventually. She almost died, after 1hr, check on her.. still haven't finish washing!!!!!

ANd what i hate even most is that when u asked them why they do this method even been told otherwise... the silly reason they gave, can really drive me up the wall!!!!
Q : why u use lukewarm water to make tea
A : so that it is not so hot n sir can drink!!!!

Ended up my catch phrase for maid is... "Is this your house or my house?"

Kek sim...

my previous 2 maids dun like left over food.... even if we ouselves eat it the next day, ask them to eat , they will show you BLACK FACE!!!!!!

#2maid is a "tai-tai run away fm home" maid, very pick abt food, but cos initially she got good attitude and fast worker, we allow her to cook her own meals.... guess wht?? she can finish 10eggs in 3 days!! and after 4 mths, when my mum ask her to prepare dinner and 1 of the dish is fried egg, she said she dunno how to fry!!!! blood really boil! and when I ask her, she said , ok the $$$ I "hor-dang"(owe) you, I can settle with agent..... so the next day, off she go back home!

celtricia
Maybe you can order an individual size plate of hor fan or fried rice w/o pork for her (that kind which cost only $3.50 to $4 per plate) and let her eat that only. She can eat that plate of food all to herself. As for all other dishes, u guys go ahead order whatever u like, with lots and lots of pork .. no need to be too concerned that she see and salivate cos too bad she can't eat .. bobian one .. no need to restrain/sacrifice yourself and your family's enjoyment for her sake .. she has her own separate plate liao .. you have done your responsibility as an employer to fill her stomach liao ..
happy.gif

nellu, sometimes i juz simply feel like saying out all vulgarities to vent it all out.. sigh.. Sometimes juz dun understand wat the hell is gg thru their mind.. by the answers they reply us.. i juz feel like strangling them.. argh!!!

yuen, ur maid doesn't bath first ting in the morning? mine does.. but frm the understanding of my mum.. she keep cheonging to toilet lor.. n she does dat whenever they come bak frm mkt.. n she juz left the kids in the living rm.. expecting my mum to handle both n straight go into toilet.. n she's only been wif us for abt a mth.. till my mum angry n last week onwards get her out of the toilet immediately n told her off.. wah liew.. den ah... when we have our meals, or mum n some aunts having meals.. she juz simply go into toilet to do BIG BUSINESS.. imagine the toilet windows is somehw directly ventilate out thru the cooking area.. wah liew.. turn off my mum menz.. really duno hw to use brain.. n its really the chinese phrase saying 'Lan ren shi niao duo'.. can simply describe her..

mummy_tang, my prev maid also dun liek left over food.. usually if fried fish on thurs at my mum's plc.. n there's leftover.. mum will let her take hm to cook on friday.. as she will b home alone.. n she will give black face lor.. ask her eat certain tings.. also say dun eat.. eat sharks fins, abalone.. wah.. will wan lor.. kns..

PinkTweet, tat amt she also can't finish lor.. aws left over.. sigh.. but anyway.. she's no longer wif us liao.. so its ok.. heh..

mummies,
maid no improvement this morning.
nearly spoilt my toaster. The problem: TOO PRESUMPTIOUS!!

SO angry with her. I asked my mum to come over to be with me today because my own emotions are a bit off liao. I worry that I may do something rash...

nellu, pls try to control yrself.... if really cannot, leave her at home, go out with yr kids and mum for a walk or jalan-jalan......

for me, if I angry, the more I see her, the more I angry, so usually I will just go out.....but b4 go out give her tasks like clean toys etc to do....I so bad....ahahha

chill chill nellu.. not worth it to do rash tings..

ya.. i agree w mummy_tang.. tat's wat i usually do.. will bring kids out to playground.. n put her at hm to do simple task..

but can u imagine.. after being wif me for a mth.. she still can't differentiate or shld i say sort out my kids clothes.. son n daughter clothes mix up.. long pants put wif long sleeve tops.. gg out clothes put wif hm clothes.. wah.. damn pissed..

Control yourself, nellu. Don do anything harsh and u may regret later .. It is definitely not worth being accused of maid abuse later .. Good that you called your mom over .. i scared u can't control yourself ..

nellu...
Pls calm down.. I know wat u mean abt doing something rash. That's what my mum n hubby were always worried abt. They will have to tell me, if really cannot.. just sent her away.. Dun raise your fingers on her. It was not worth it for the maid.. Later, hb share this wif me.. Many a times, he himself feel like slapping the maid. And i always tot i was the one who is too emotional.
Hb said, one of the weekends when i needed to work n he was home wif the kids and maid.
This Indo maid of ours always have this bad habit of doing chores in the toilet with door locked.. So that particular day , she was inside for very long n DD needed to use the toilet urgently. Hb knocked on the toilet door n asked maid if she can open the door to let DD to use the toilet. She opened the door n hb can't see the maid.. then he realised the maid was behind the door naked!!!!!!!!!! Hb was so pissed. He said, heng, heng, he didn't just immediately stepped into toilet.. otherwise liao man!!!! Jump into yellow river oso cannot clear name..
At that moment, he said, he really feel like slapping the maid... N this is no new maid lor.. she is transferred n has worked in 2 households b4 us n has been wif us for more than 6 mths!!!!

thanks ladies. Trying to be as calm as possible but it just doesn't get any better.

This is what happened so far.

1. Saw her preparing my breakfast. Toasting my bread. I didn't say anything cos this is a usual. Then later she came out to the dining room and said "You are not having bread right? I switch off the toaster" Very puzzling. I didn't say i wasn't having bread. Just because i took the chocolate cake out from the fridge doesn't mean i'm not having bread right?? On top of that I didn't say anything! So I said "No i want the bread." Then she went back in and switch on the toaster. Aft that she came out with 2 burnt toasts! Super black burnt toasts!! Asked me if she should toast again. My hubby's eyeballs popped! we asked her what happened to the bread? No answer from her. So I gave her shelling. I asked her "you toasted the bread again? YOu left the bread inside the toaster and switched off? Then you switched on toaster again?" She said yes to all the questions. By then I flipped! Told her to just throw away the bread. And told her off. Told her she has no right to decide for me my breakfast!

2. doing laundry -- went to tell her to put all the clothes in because there were not many so it's ok. she did not follow instructions. When asked why, she said "I thought i will wash the rest tomorrow." I asked her "How are you going to wash tomorrow when you have to use the machine to wash my bedding?" I asked her why she refused to follow my instructions, she got no answer. TOld her off again "Everything also 'i thought'. But you never bother to ask."

3.My boy crawled into my room while she was cleaning. I followed in. Then saw that she did not put the towels outside on the bed and just clean the bathroom. My instruction was to take the towels outside first then clean. Asked her why. She said " I want to clean the floor first then the walls." Stupid. I taught her before to clean the walls, basin, toilet bowl and shower screen first then the floor last. Make sense right? Defied my instructions. I told her "ha! I knew it! trying to be smart again but didn't do the things properly."

4. 10am time to prepare lunch for my boy. i went into the kitchen, my boy followed. the maid fiddling with the laundry again. I told her not many clothes, don't use dryer, just hang them up to dry. So she started hanging. Halfway through, she asked me "Should i watch Josh first then hang the clothes later?" TOld her "finish with the clothes first then watch Josh." BUT when she's done with the clothes, she went to her room, took her clothes and went to shower. I waited for her to come out and gave ONE BIG shelling to her. Explanation "i thought i should clean up first" I told her "i cannot wait for you to clean up. I told you just now, aft hanging the clothes, watch Joshua." I also told her "who's the m'dm here? you or me? you go toilet and bathroom more often than i!"

Very very irritated. All of them are the same. All want to take over!

I wanted to go out but I'm sick...sianz!!

nellu - cool cool... think u r really exhausted, since u r sick. that's why every little silly action from her irritates u... poor u...

Nellu...totally understand what you have described. Me the 过来人. Now I just choose to ignore her. Things not done properly, just throw it back to her. She greet me I also don't reply. I just super boh chap her. To the extend that I am avoiding contacts with her, I bring my children out all day on weekends. She can have her happy hours but just make sure my house is clean when I get home. Really chiam...忍忍忍.

suzie,
i know wat u mean.. i think it have even come to a point of madness... U just dun wan to see the maid. I literally leave early in the morning wif the kids on weekends n come back past 10pm. 2 whole weekends, and she can still have the cheek to say cannot finish chores!!!!!
Its mad, alright. its suppose to be our own home, but in the end, hb n i detest going home bcos dun wan to see her face or see more things that make us angry. We hang out in malls or parks even if we dun have a place to go. My mum always ask, why we so stupid leave the maid at home while the 2 of us struggle with the kids on our own when we too shld be resting.. I was like... excuse me, i think i feel more fan with the stupid maid tagging around n asking to go toilet every 5 min!!!!!
On weekdays, we cannot even relax properly bcos of presence of maid. Only when she close her door to sleep.. Wa.. u can see how me n hb heave a sigh of relief n put up our legs n have ice cream. I dunno lah.. maybe we r too sensitive.. or just hated the maid to death. Somehow, just can't relax wif her around.
I even suggested passing the maid to my mum. Let her stay there while we bring the kids over during the day time. At night, the maid can help her out. My mum was like.. pls dun give me more trouble...
So, u see at the end of the day... the maid is just there to jaga the children when i am at work.. Nothing else.. The kids learn all the bad habits n they just waited the whole day for mummy n daddy to come n save them. sad , right?

nellu,
cool down a bit. I think your maid also feel great anxiety now that she knows ahe has treaded into the danger zone. Actually wiith regard to point 4, I think she meant well just that she didnt ask u permission before bathing. She may want to be clean before handling your boy. Mayb got really improve your communication with her.

Back