Advise on Baby & Maid Exps

B2B3M4
Same here. I felt so much relieve w/o a maid although I'm tired having to do everything myself. At least I don't have to pick up after the maids which is worst, no need to see their BLACK FACE and hear their funny excuses that drive my BP up. HB can also walk around the house w/o wearing his top.

B2B3M4, precious_one,
i can't agree more with the relaxed feeling with the maid out of the way!
happy.gif

but i'm going to get a maid again because my boy is getting very mobile and difficult to handle...no time to clean house and no time to cook and eat...
sad.gif

nellu
hahaha, at one stage I was like you, no time to eat and I lost weight and face turn green green .... I don't mind getting a maid again if I can be guaranteed that the maid is realy a good helper!!...I am dreaming....hehe

I hope you get one who can help you 80%, good enough liao.
happy.gif

nellu,
U may wan to get those bumper mat and a play yard to put around the mat. Really, its just not worth the while. The mat and play yard can even be re-sold later. For maid, once have, many problems.

Precious-one,
Yah.. i know what u mean. Hb need to be very careful when he alone with maid n kids n i'm away at work. Then these maids, cannot tahan. all like to ask for these n that (e.g make phone calls, go out to buy things etc..) when i am not around. This is esp when i already have given clear instructions that they cannot make phone call on xxx day bcos they just used the phone.

nellu
I understand what u mean. There was one stage when i'm on long leave cos MIL sick and couldn't take care of my kids. I've no time even to go toilet!!!! That time i was still maidless. That time i couldn't wait to go back to work and then i suddenly missed my working life . .kekee

B2B3M4,
all the necessary equipment i have...just that I am sick of my house being dirty all the time and of eating catered meals...also my hb is out of town for nearly half a month..i'm really literally doing it all alone...so getting a maid might just be a better option...o/w it really defeats the purpose of me quitting my job to stay home with my boy, which is to spend more time with him. If i end up spending so much time trying to look after him and cleaning and cookin all at the same time, likely his time will be somewhat sacrificed....

pinktweet,
thanks for empathizing...it's coming to 3mths since i turned SAHM..still cannot adapt...

precious_one,
exactly. not asking for too much, just someone to keep on cleaning and cleaning and cleaning can liao...hahaha cos my boy now very naughty, will throw things all over the place even his food sometimes. Plus he's learning how to feed himself so you can imagine the mess...so just make the maid clean lah...

i can't wait for my boy to be older lor...really so at least can put CC or something...

B2B3M4
Wah you are here too!!

Hi all, long time no visit this thread. Let me post my story abt my maid tat I posted in my other thread.

Yest she carry my 2 month old son, so my mil fold clothes then jokingly told her
mil: I help you do your work so you can rest.
maid: HOw to rest!
Then I told my maid, though you are carry baby, but tat 45min you are sitting there, hands tired, but mentally is taking a break, physically not moving. Then maid went kitchen tell mil " next time you dun do my work, you are insulting me that I am resting!" Mil say she rude. Maid reply " you can go complain to sir"

Wah, I angry until I fume! Then the maid refuse to work all day, gave a F up face, sit there peel her nails, talk to her, she glare at you kind. I never knew she is such a person, as if possessed. Anyway she requested to leave. Fine.

Evening we brought my girl to see doc. so ask my mom to watch maid pack. Maid went toilet, my mom ask "wat did you take in the toilet". The maid show my mom her toothbrush or wat, show her empty pockets and pull down her pants, saying "you wan to see i let you see"... Wah lao!!! So now I maidless. So never be nice to maids, maids are maids, must draw a line. I regret din send her off earlier.

I was so so angry yest. I called the agent, so initially stil ok, we say keep until my replacement come. But somehow my maid felt she din wan to work, just dilly dally all day. My mil was the nicest to her, always speak up for her, gana scolded for being nice to her. And the irony is she got fired bcos of being rude to my mil. My maid doesnt' respect my mil and my mom, we gave her many chances liao, but she still like tat. She v chidish, she insist my mil insult her! Then we say she eat a lot of rice (1cup of raw grains), she cried, saying to tease her. Faint.

I gg to get a replacement. I heard tat all maids need to pass a test here by MOM. Last time can take 12 time to pass, now only 3 times... so if after 3 times fail, tat maid gotta leave, and we gotta find another, cannot employ her. So my agent told me the chance of Indo maid pass is 50-50.. cos of English.. is it true? I dunno wan to get ind or phil liao, sigh...

b2b3m4,
Wah...I love reading your posts man! Very interesting re. your 2 maids story. I've had 2 maids before too - but just for a very short time as one was training the other before she returned home permanently. They shared a room and chit chat in Tagalog all the time even though I requested they speak English because I don't want my girl speaking like that. You think they listened??? No man...they just do what they like.

Mom2Nat,
Gawd...what a freaking bitch. She's very confrontational isn't she!? Glad you got rid of her anyway. Indo or Filo?

Nellu,
Found your maid yet?

Liana
She was v timid when she came!! Yest seems as if she was possessed! She even call my mom "cheap"!!! And yell back at her. Siao one leh. She is phil, v young, 23, youngest in the family, work as sales girl b4, not married... Btw, I was having food poisoning, my girl now gastric flu, my mom cough, mil gastric. She find a right time to leave! I really regret being nice to her in the first place. I tot dun be mean. I told the agent, maids ah, really force us to be monsters.

Mum2nat,
hope the illnesses in your family had nothing to do with the maid's actions ah...some maids are evil, they'll contaminate food or do other things to make the employers sick when they dun feel like working...

good that you took action fast. Your situation reminded me of my own case when my 2nd maid feigned illness when there is only me and my baby at home. Somemore it was 2 weeks before CNY, my hb was out of town for 10 days, and it was just before my baby's dinner time!!!

Liana,
haven't found the maid yet. erm...ADP...sigh...no response or anything...so hard to talk to them, even though did spot some good bios on Netmaid from them....

Mom2nat,
Sigh...they're 90% all the same...what a freak! Imagine if we all behaved like that at work...hmmm...I don't think we would be employable really....oh....yes....that means 90% of maids are unemployable but because they all seem like that we got no choice!

Filos are real stuck up...think they are above and beyond the job they have been given to do despite the fact you are nice to them.
Furthermore, they think they are super smart for some reason...

Tell you what happened to me. I was walking up to the shops when I had to pass by a group of Filo maids having their get-together session at the side of the road. They were smoking (Marlboro red ok!) and one of them defiantly flicked her butt and it bloody hit me on my leg.

Lucky a kind passer-by saw what happened and picked up the butt and told her to eat it else he will call the police cos she was littering. He started dialling his phone...you think those Filo maids cared? No man, they just tossed their butts on the ground and continued chit chatting.....the guy (ang moh) got so mad that he really did call the police! I didn't hang around so don't know what happened after that

hi all,

todsy i find out, is mum;s neighbour maid who hasve work 16 year with the ang mo, tell my mum's maid and my mum's maid we are very bad, as my mid wait up at 6 while she wait up 8 sand csn is her 3on free time sfter 7 her boss even buy a tv for her in the room. She even say when she cooked food, she is the one who eat firs thsn the employer, but you know we chinese are not like ang mo so good so how to compare. The neighbout's maid even buy sim card for all my maid, and throw it to my house to give it to my maid. Son yesterdasy i wws so asngry went over and confront her, i told her i got camera and alway saw my maid throw thing to her in the plasstic bsg, she also admit. I told her i suspect my maid throw money to her as i lost my money. She say yes my maid throw money to her ask her buy sim card, clothing etc.

i copy the schedule for her from tamarind website to ask her follow the schedule, she even went out photocopy pass it to my neighbour maid, they say want to go mom to show them it is illegal to do all these things. I told my maid and the neighbour's maid go ahead i not scared, if they want i can drive them there. Than they keep quiet.

I scolded my neigbour maid dun kpo how i treat my maid. beacuse everyone got different style so dun compare. I even treaten to call the police, then she assk for my apology and say ewill not do that again.

B2B3M4
yeah my situtation totally same with you, i choose to believe my old maid. But you know now i find out all the trouble is create by her, and she also admit. you know my house is near to shopping centre. Now then i find out, every time my mum go oversea, her maid will stay together with my maid. When nobody at home, my mum's maid will bring my maid go cold storage shopping, eat mcdonald. I was so angry that i send her back to the agent. You know i so happy to see her shocked face, as she dun believe i would send her back as she thought i cannot do without her.

choloe,

they say the maid can only work with the employer , which mean the maid hsve to be where the employer is. We cannot leave the maid in other household while you are not around.

hi all,

i dunno it is good to ask a favour from all of you in these spree, but do you have 25 march Strait time the digital life, if yes can give it to me, as my girl's picture is inside, and is a back issue i could not be able to buy it. Thank you in advance for your help.

These few days so busy with maid nver even have time to read newspaper so dunno about it.

vone

thank you, can you mail to me i only need the digital life page 4, can you give me your account so i can transfer you the stamp and envelop money. Thank you

B2B3M4 (b2b3m4)
Thanks.The two maids are registered under the same address.Initially my sil wanna please mil, and wanna passed the maid to her. After I told her the consequence , she got scared and withdraw maid from MIL, Mil got furious...anyway, the maid will be leaving on monday, flight brought forward.

MOM2NAT
Hope all of you are recovering well. Weather is bad and I do know many people are down with stomach flu.take care. For maid, as it is , must really draw a line, no matter how, just like we are not totally a friend to our boss, too, right...work is work....

Pin
Neighbour maid can always be a bad influence and troubles...I encounter that. I never want to hire a filipino maid though they are smarter.Simply, at my backyard, three filipino will chat non stop and throw thing here and there...can see them talk from the back yard to the front door....

Most furious thing is amist their tagora language, suddenly,maid just delibately speak this in English, just cos my new maid is at the backyard....HONG KONG WORK BETTER, MORE PAY,400 DOLLAR SIN, EVERYWEEK OFF DAYS AND HAVE EIGHT HOURS OF SLEEP.....The other maid next to my house quiet as she knows I do not like all this nonsense....This maid who speak so much has got all the freedom in the house, spending time scolding the dog and will never shortchange her sleep...wonder, why is she still there and not heading to HK.....

nellu,
I searched the NETMAID website and saw few suitable candidates. BUT really skeptical abt the experiences they state. And most of them requested for OFF DAY which I am not very keen to give as my kids are still very young.

Chole,

Maybe u can highlight to the employer of the neighbour that their maid kept saying working Hong Kong is better. Maybe they should send her to Hong Kong instead??? hahahaha....

Next time when she said this, maybe u can just jokingly asked her... Oh Hong Kong so good? How come you are here? Shouldn't you be working there?

mom2nat,
Long time no "see" !

Wow your maid is siao one ! Pull down her pants !

She could be putting up an act, may be she found a better/higher paying job elsewhere and wanted to transfer. Or she could have some underlining mental illness which surfaced after some time. Either way, you made the right decision to send her away.

I got one fresh Indo maid who passed her english test first time, and her english is quite good. So I guess it depends on your luck. But for Indo maids, I would advise to take maids with experience in Singapore, because those fresh maids may have problem with hygiene. Remember to check MOM website to verify their work experience.

Cynthia, how can I help you? Cebu, Phil? There are risk involve in direct hire.

Mummies, after reading abt 2maids,..hmm..agen has send me 10bio..all new.. a bit temp to get another liao(so my current dont ya ya papaya,tot cant live without her).. will update again..

May, I have emailed you.

mon2nat and tamarind,
Not only do indo maids have hygiene problems but they also have these men. Somehow all my Indo maids that are less than 30yr have this problem regardless they are married, single with kids or not.
AS long as men, they will hit on them. From my mum's maid mouth, they dun may hitting on any men, young, old, any race, chee ko pei or not... bcos at the end of the day., They know they can get something out of this whole deal. What i found out from my 1st maid, she dun mind staying with my fil bcos he is rich, so what he is old. The 4th one, claim to be kicked out bcos ah-ma jealous of the care and concern ah-gong showed for maid. Now i found out, ah-gong even buy shampoo, buy gifts for maid. And this 4th one has one book of telephone numbers with more than 40 over handphone numbers of guys.
And like what i mentioned, all the maids will talk gently to hb. and some will deliberately position themselves in such a way that when hb carry dd over from maid, he will have to touched their body (ok.. specifically chest) to able to carry dd. These maids, sick right?

Wah Liana
it must hv been deliberate! Of all places, toss the ciggy butt right to yr direction!! U shd hv pursue the matter & make it known to their employers abt them behaving like prostitutes on the pavement!!

Nellu
im a sahm too but do abit of freelance sometimes. do u find the kid & four walls driving u crazy by the day? back then without maid, i almost went crazy. i must admit the maid does help in some ways.

now i cant go maidless with another bb on the way ... cant imagine me with a 1 yr old & an infant going maidless ...

pin,

i gt ur pm liao. will sent 2 u on mon okie. dun worry abt d stamp & envelop $, it's a small matter.
happy.gif

Babycutie
Her employer and her are one of the kind...I draw line and cannot even be bother to talk to them...There was once, i even heard the maid bring another maid to their house and alot of shouting and confrontation went on.....There was no one at home.....

San
Not easy to handle one year old and an infant....can go nuts.....

san,
precisely why we hv to get maid again lor...i'm going nuts...my boy is a non-napper, so i have no time to myself or to do other chores...plus hb travels so much...

sigh..a lot of pple think it shouldn't be so difficult but it is. i'll tell those pple to come try handle my boy for 24hrs...then they'll know what i mean....

san, nellu
hehe, me too also abit gila being SAHM sometimes cos girl went through terrible two and now at horrible three, always messing up,,, yes facing 4 walls is driving me nuts but at least my wall is white but the maid's face is black...., when my house is dirty now, that's becoz I'm lazy but with the maids around, house is also not super clean lei. I still hope one day that I strike rich that I can hire and fire maid until I find the right one. Now living costs go up up up, so I better save the maid's cost for rainy days.

nellu

How many kids do you have?I used to handle kid alone when hubby were not in town most of the time....maybe mine is a gal, easier to handle....

Maybe you can get a part timer?

nellu, precious_one

totally understand wat u going through ... my hubby travels once a month too ... when hes away, the loneliness & helplessness can drive me crazy ... with maid around, at least i can sneak out for a breather sometimes.

nellu, how old is yr boy?

i find that the only good thing with the maid is the cleanliness of the house & the washing up after cooking. If she cant even do these well (luckily shes ok despite cutting corner sometimes), i dun think i even needed a maid in the first place.

I recalled before my 2nd pregnancy & without maid, i dun even hv time to get lunch & always go hungry ... eventually my breastmilk stops. It was only when i got pregnant again then my hubby worried i malnutrition then get a maid so i can eat & rest better.

chole,
i have only one and he's a real rascal. How often does your hb travel and for how long is he away? Mine is away almost 1/2mth, every month...on top of that he works late a lot as well...so it's really crazy for me.

i have a part timer but there is only so much a part timer can help. My main problem here is my own nutrition...

san,
yes exactly that is my situation...no time to have lunch.. dinner is always so late aft my boy sleeps at 730pm..If he's cranky, i'm dead! My BM is gone too by now...so sad that my boy has to be on FM even before my ideal target which is 12mths...he's 10mths now btw...

when my hb is out of town it's lagi worse..everything i do myself...no one to talk to...

i just need the maid to do cleaning and sometimes help to bbsit my boy while i cook lor.....

sigh...very hard to get maid leh...

san, nellu
I also hv no one to talk to when hb is away, sometimes you see me actively in thread, that's becoz lonely lor...hahaha

you ladies got msn chat....??instant chat when kids are Zzzzzzzz. How abt this? hehe

hi all,

any of you ladies heard of or used HR Connections at Bt Timah Shopping Centre before?

I've been recommended to go there to look for maid. Apparently they have been around for 15 yrs.

Anyone with any feedback, pls do PM me.

Thanks a lot!

wah so many stories... maids can really be a big headache.
Babycutie,
think u can let go of your maid already. She may be thinking that she has earned enuff...

nellu
Really so busy these few days leh. The more I think of it the angrier I get. Cos my maid was so ungrateful. On Good fri we we went hotel dinner, my hb say ask the maid eat at home first then go there look after kids, my mom say nvm lah, she pay, let the maid eat, end up we ordered a $20+ chicken chop for her! But somehow she feels my mom is always against her, and not good to her! Siao char bor!

Liana
I agree Phil more stuck up. I tot of getting indo maid, but I worry communication prob, cos I cant' speak malay.
wah, maid smoking ah!! Oh tat day I saw a group of phil chatting at the swimming pool, but actually their job is to look after the girls in the deep pool! The girls are barely 5 or 6 yr old. These maids just happily chit chat, then once in a while look at the kids. So dangerous!!!

Chloe
But indo maids oso can chit chat leh. My place here more indo maids than phil I think. All oso ciht chat lah!

Tamarind
You know ah, my maid left, Nat oso no feelings, din ask where is auntie. This shows there is no bond after 9 months! Sigh... and to think I scolded and punished my girl so many times cos she was rude to my maid. Though my girl is rude to the maid, but the maid oso like to provoke Nat lah.

Why you choose indo instead of phil maid? I can't decide leh. Tmrw gg to choose biodata liao. Prob will choose on the spot, cos the place v far, dun wan to travel up and down. I dun think I wan to take transfer maid again liao.

B2B3M4
Ay, you dun scare me, indo maids have men prob!!! Wah piang, and usualy my hb is the one handling the maid in terms of housework. Oh last time my hb live near town, so he jogs down orchard road in the middle of the night, and got maids trying to "la ke". Yucks!!

My hb ask if I wan to install CCTV... still can't decide, cos it infringes on my own privacy, to think I SAHM, later my hb ask how come he see I always surfing the net! Hahaha...

Babycutie
Ay, we both got our maids ard the same time.. and everytime we complain to each other, we ren ren ren... I think we both can change tog this time again liao lah! hahaha...

mom2nat

i just install cctv in my house, but only on the chldren room and kitchen, living. Quite good even i went out i told m maid to play with the kids in the room only, so everytime i am worried i can check through net, call if i not free i will get my parent or sibling to log on to net to check, so now i dun make so many phone call to home when i am out.

choloe,

yeah really hate all these maid keep telling how good other country is but still come singapore work. And maid like to compare so much, how good people boss is how much freedom they have.

vone,

Thank you for your kindness.

mom2nat,
yea i can understand how you feel. Up till today, i can say that my ex maid really left a very bitter taste in my mouth. Her actions had really left a very deep imprint in my being...it's so bad that i think i'm becoming racist...hahahaha it's true...my face turns black everytime i see a filipino, maid or no maid. Esp those who are not maids and let their kids wreck havoc in church every sunday and are nonchalant about it...

bad hor....

Nellu,
Not all Filos are bad lah...it's just you haven't come across any nice ones yet. Actually, most Filos are quite warm people....except the ones we have been talking about here!

The ones at your church might be those low class ones! One thing is for sure though...from my experience, Filo maids - although generally very capable - are totally untrustworthy, lazy and manipulative. Did I mention untrustworthy?

Unfortunate about ADP's lack of service. The agency is run by a Filo woman and her ang moh husband. She could have even been a maid herself although it would be unfair to deduce that from the way she looks....hmmmm...

Can I check something with you girls here?
When out with kids and hb on weekends and eating in a restaurant, do your maids eat there too? Or does she eat at home first? If eat at home, then don't you feel awkward, like she's watching you eat? I feel very uncomfortable that she's sitting there while we are eating.

Pin,
How much does it cost to install the cctv? I'm thinking of installing one in my house too.. but worried about costs.

San, wow, stil awake at 2plus?

Am going to church soon, just a quick update.

I reached home abt 11pm, and saw my maid cleaning my bedroom,she said,my kids just sleep(checked with my boy tis morning,he said sleep at 9pm)..and she dont have time to do hse chores day time..

11pm,dirty dishes from dinner is not clean yet at kitchen's sink.. so I told her,no need to clean my room,can do clean at kitchen n sleep.

I went to shower, came out,she still clean my room. After a while,she went to kitchen..work till 1am..I have been asking her to sleep at least twice last nite..

I worried she might fall sick one day.. or I dont know what she is thinking now..

Sometimes, she fall asleep when putting my bb to sleep at 8plus to 9pm..then wake up middle of nite n do hse chores.. I didnt asked her to do this,instead I want her to rest well,no black face the next day n hav energy to jaga my bb.

Any of your maid so hardworking..dont sleep/rest even asked by employer? just because I'm not home.. yet she can tell my boy so tired..infront of me said is not the matter of work but freedom/off day..hmm..

She really make my brain think.. if I really dont care, I just ignore her..she wake up before 7am on weekends,6plus weekday.. sleep most of the time after midnite..eat less as she dont want to,not I dont give..make me like abuse her..can tell my boy,chldren a troublesome,only I have more patient with u all,others maid just leave..with this words,my boy can tell me(tis morning)..kakak,telling us she is the best liao..hmm..

Nellu
Hubby travels every half a month.Can be a week or a few days...For nutrition wise for ourselves, over those time, with my gal, I took lots of vitamins pills esp iron pills...

Maybe when your boy gets older, things will be easier. For a period of time , I was handle a new born and a girl myself, tahan for five months, then decided to have a maid....

Now, new maid just to take care of the household aspects.....no more under mercy of the maids...I realised that those maids who take care of children tend to think they have more power as kids are under their care....

Since getting maids could generally means placing a bet on a roulette table and the stakes increases if you have an infant.. i think the wise choice is to forgoe getting one and employ part time maids instead?

Wat are the chances of a maid abusing your child? or chances of them going berserk? I think it's not wise to take such risk ... there are babies who suffered from Shaken baby syndrome (SBS) is a form of child abuse that is thought to occur when an abuser violently shakes an infant or small child ...

yup Chole,
that is what i have in mind: maid to clean clean clean and clean...nothing else...only occasional jaga my boy when i go to the bathroom...how long can that be? 5 mins??

In fact, I've never let my 2 previous maids take care of my boy much...only here and there only...
my 2nd maid obviously think she's very good lor...like real... *roll eyes* dun even freaking know how to mash banana properly for my boy...

Liana,
hehehe i know that not all Filos are bad lah...just that the after effect of the action of my stupid maid is quite immensed. I actually did consider getting an Indo maid but changed my mind and stuck back to Filo...see...i dun think it's all that bad...but whoever that person is to become my maid, she will really have to work quite hard to earn my trust...sad...

TKH,
you are right...my friend calls employing a maid the game of "Pinoy/Indonesian Roulette" not russian...more risky than russian roulette...

Jo
Is your maid new? Maybe she acting, want you to show sympathy, as if she v hardworking?
But hor, my neighbour's maid sleeps ard 12mn and wakes up 5+ leh. My neighbour say she ask her maid to sleep, but the maid say old liao(34+), can't sleep much.

nellu
Now you have a maid or you SAHM? Imagine with a maid I still have to be SAHM, cos I can't trust them to look after my kids!! And my dear mil used to side the maid so much, now she regret cos the maid rebute her and no respect for her. Frankly hor, if my maid can't relief the childcare part, it will be too siong for us. I wonder how can my neighbour just go to work and leave her kids with the maid!

Going out soon, to play roulette... choose new maid! Gosh...

Mom2nat,
am SAHM suffering alone with no maid and absent hubby and a super active 10mo boy!!!

me am playing roulette too for a few weeks liao with various agents...still playing.....

Jo,

yesterday we had birthday celebration for my boy & my family stayed til 1am! Thats why i was up so late.

Think yr maid trying very hard to get off days hor?

Back