Advise - How to start toilet train for night time?

baobei_sean

Hi Mummies..

Need some advise plssss..

My son is 2 years old, i started toilet train for day time and now he will tell us when need to go toilet. Not sure how to start toilet train for night time?

<font color="aa00aa">hello:
i always let my girl pee before she sleeps. when i first started, i also carried her out to the toilet while she slept to let her pee.

i would tell her that i am bringing her to the toilet and she would nod her head even though she was sleeping. then in the toilet, she would have her eyes closed. usually i had to wait like 3 minutes with her sitting on the seat and then she would pee.

hope this helps. </font>

hi baobei_sean

as what krazy said, i did that too when training my 1st gal. i even set alarm clock every 3 hrs to bring her to toilet. it was really tiring then. :p

my 2nd is very much easier. when she was 2 we noticed that her diaper was always dry throughout the night. after 2 mths, we decided to let her go without diaper. till now 7 mths liao and she never pee once on her bed. So guess every kid has their own pattern.
happy.gif

my 2nd son already 3yrs old still wearing diapers.....daytime still wants to wear and nite time he drinks 2 to 3 bots of milk.

Just to share that mainly don't let them drink at least 3 hrs before sleep. It's difficult for younger kids who drink milk before they sleep. You would have to wake them up, loh. Even my older daughter who just got toilet trained for the night at 5 yrs old(!) need to be woken up at night. She got too used to the diaper already. I had to completely take out the diaper to let her sense the wetness of weeing on bed at night. Of course, put a plastic sheet. There will be lots of accidents.

My DS is 18mos and toilet trained in the daytime. Should wait until 2yrs old to train him at night or just try it now? Thinking if he wet the bed at night then have to wake up to change his bedsheet...dun know have to change how many times a night??

I train my boy for nite time when he was ard 18 mths.... Wake him up every 3 hrs plus to go toliet. Then after some time if he still keep wetting the bed, I will scold him and smack his bottoms. After that, he will remember and not do it again. But sometimes, he will forget and wet bed too... but this is once in a while oni...=)

I let my kid pee before sleeping

Then wake the kid up again about 1 hour to 1.5 hour later to pee again.

If I can, I will wake up the child at about 3pm to pee again.

If not, usually will result in accident
sad.gif

toilet training was only successful for my boy when he was ard 3 yrs old..we had to "lie" n told him that we have no $ to buy him diapers..he does wet the bed at night, initially...have to be very patient..gd luck!

oh for my boy.....he will compain of pain in his penis and cry or make a fuss...then i realise that actually he wanted to pee thought he is wearing diapers for night. he seems not want to pee in his diaper. so i would bring himt to the toilet to pee.

I think 2 yr old is too young to toilet train for night time? My gal only went off night diapers at 4 yrs. That is only after I find an occassional dry diaper after a whole night. It was pretty gradual.

hi mummies my 18mnth old tolilet trained at night time
he wakes up nd call mama i need to pee if he need to go at night
u hav to repeatedly say the baby during the day ,then by practice he ll start to wake u up during night also...unless u remove the pampers very difficult to toilet train
no matter if they pee once or twice on the floor need to remove pampers nd ask him to say...

hi mummies, when is the best time to start potty training? my son is 11mths and my mum kept saying that he is too young to understand anything.

Hi o_club,
I think 11mths is indeed too early?
I tried potty train my son when he was 16mths but fail. At that time, he only tell me <u>after</u> he peed so always accident. I tried for 3 days and decided to put him back on diaper. Tried again when he was 18mths - still he same results.
At 20mths - he finally understand the concept of telling <u>before</u> peeing. I took 5days to train him and now at 25mths, he's totally toilet trained be it during the day or sleeping at nite. He's totally off the diapers. Save lots of $$.
happy.gif

Hi all,

My girl is also turning 5 soon and is not toilet train (nite) successfully. She can go without diaper in the daytime and nap but not at nite. I've tried letting her sleep without a diaper at nite but she'll always wet her bed. Have also tried to give her milk earlier before bed and wake her up to toilet middle of the nite. Still, she'll wet her bed.
I guess I will just let nature take its cause. She's not ready yet perhaps.

Don't over-do things or else kid will get anxious over pee/pooping. Also don't make a big deal of wetting the bed 'cos all these will add stress to the young child...

the key is patience and to let your child lead in telling you when he/she is ready.

when i tried night-time training for my kids, we looked at their patterns. my eldest one pees during the night (her diaper is soaked by morning) but my youngest's remains dry. so for my younger one (she is 4 now and has been diaper-free for 2 years), it was very easy to transit from diaper to underwear.

for my eldest, we tried to limit her fluid intake before sleep and also insist on her going to the toilet before bed but still there were a few accidents in the middle of the night. the key is not to let it seem like she is failing and to give words of encouragement.

now they both sleep through the night but the eldest will wake up to go the toilet on her own, if she has to.

Correct, even if we get a few accidental wet nights here and there, I just encourage and give comfort, hugs and love as I clean them and the area up.

Its a terrible feeling for any child going to sleep feeling fearful.

My helper is not allowed to taunt or inject fear as well.

Am wondering how to train my 4 yr old kid to be toilet train (at nite).
Even tho' we give him his milk (HE MUST DRINK IF NOT CANNOT SLEEP) at least 1-1.5 hrs before sleep and let him pee just before bedtime, his diapers still vv full the next morning.
Guess i hv to go the hard way (and only way) to wake him up every few hrs at nite to pee...

my 5yo is still not completely off diapers at night yet!!

he is not allowed to drink anything 2 hours prior to bed time, and we will wake him up to go toilet 1-2 hours after he asleep. but still, he will wet his diapers.

i think it's became a habit for him to pee on diapers.

I heard that we should just take the diapers off, then get a piece of plastic sheet over the bed. if he wet the bed, he will feels uncomfortable, hence hopefully he will learn not to pee on bed anymore

my question now is -- where to buy a piece of plastic sheet that can fit a king size bed?

anyone know?

thanks.

Normal plastics, go SKP. Variety of sizes.

Bed plastics with fabric surfaces, go to hospital pharmacies, major pharmacies (like larger unity and guardian) or any geriatric pharmacies. They will sell these blue sheets that we use in hospitals and geriatric homes.

My boy is 3+yr old. I let him go without diaper and bought the waterproof mattress cover. Sometime he still wet himself at night though we had always told him to let us know if he want to wee. It is difficult since they might be too tired to wake up.

I just leave him and hope he will do it naturally one day, pray hard.

I have to take my 3.5 year old to the toilet 3x every night. There is a lot of urine each time. Does this mean I have to keep doing it until he is old enough to stay dry? It could well take another year!

May be he is gulping down copious amounts of soup and milk and water and fruit before his bedtime?

Some adjustment in consumption timing might help.

Hi mummies
Need to ask a question. My 2.5yo can tell when he needs to pee and poo so I will say he is almost toilet trained. But my biggest headache is that he refused to give up his diaper. Even though one diaper can last the whole day (cos not wet at all) , he still must wear the diaper. I have tried buying underwears in his fave cartoon character but he still refused to try the underwear at all. Do any of u have similar problems? And how did u deal with it? TIA

Same here... I don't force wearing of pants 'cos it's not good to have kids suffer from anxiety over basic body functions. Diaper is like their security blanket I guess.

Back