Advice on hospital bag and stay.

kim714

Hello mommies! I am going to be delivering soon in July and am currently getting ready for my baby's arrival. Would like to know what I would need to pack for my hospital stay after giving birth. I'm thinking of getting one nursing bra first for convenience and comfort cause I intend to breast feed my baby once she's out but not sure if it's really necessary. Any advice would be appreciated! Thanks in advance! :)

your own pyjames( those open front button), disposable panties, sanitary pads ( hospital use those tie ones)
jacket,toileties.that is about all..

your own pyjames( those open front button), disposable panties, sanitary pads ( hospital use those tie ones)
jacket,toileties.that is about all..
Hello! Thanks for the advice but can I wear the clothes provided by the hospital instead? I'll be delivering at Kkh. Not sure what to expect but I don't have any pajamas that is button up, I just wear my old comfortable shirts to sleep.

According to the hosp where I'm gg to deliver, u need
1. Marriage cert original, urs and ur hubby ic. I think they r needed to do ur baby cert.
2. Jacket
3. Home clothes for u and ur hubby if he is gg to stay overnight with u.
4. Slipper
5. Toiletries if not provided in kkh
6. Disposable panties, and sanitary pads if u don't like the hosp ones
7. Nursing clothes
8 nursing bra and nursing pads
9. Baby clothes to go home, mitten and booties
10. Cord life box if u r getting one
Hope that helps.:)

Hello! Thanks for the advice but can I wear the clothes provided by the hospital instead? I'll be delivering at Kkh. Not sure what to expect but I don't have any pajamas that is button up, I just wear my old comfortable shirts to sleep.

Hi Kim when are you due? I will be due on 3 July via c sect

Hello! I delivered at SGH and this was what I brought:

1) Clothes to go home in (loose fitting dress suitable for toileting and breast feeding)
2) one nursing bra to go home in (spent rest of time in hospital w/o and in their clothes)
3) baby clothes to go home in (hospital provided a full set, but I preferred having another option)
4) Lots of loose old undies to throw!
5) Toiletries (toothbrush etc)
6) loose socks to keep warm with

and as kimmitan pointed out, slippers, marriage cert and cordlife box (if desired)

KKH provides breast pump for use with disposable shields and bottles at a cost should you need them. Hospitals usually also provide a going home present for baby that includes diapers, wet wipes etc.

Hope that helps :D

anyone knows where to buy bigger size disposable underwear for bringing to hosp? Those selling at pharmacy is still a little tight! ;)

1) Clothes to go home in (loose fitting dress suitable for toileting and breast feeding)
2) one nursing bra to go home in (spent rest of time in hospital w/o and in their clothes)
3) baby clothes to go home in (hospital provided a full set, but I preferred having another option)

and as kimmitan pointed out, slippers, marriage cert and cordlife box (if desired)

KKH provides breast pump for use with disposable shields and bottles at a cost should you need them. Hospitals usually also provide a going home present for baby that includes diapers, wet wipes etc.

Ah I see! Thanks for the advice! Btw what did you pack for your baby? I'm not sure if I should pack a romper or a top and bottom set!

Hi sugar puff, I'm gg to deliver at sgh too. May I know if they give nappy rash cream, nipple cream, baby lotion, baby cleansing lotion? Tia!

Hi sugar puff, I'm gg to deliver at sgh too. May I know if they give nappy rash cream, nipple cream, baby lotion, baby cleansing lotion? Tia!

They gave a small bottle of johnson and johnson lotion and top to toe wash. kodomo body wash as well. huggies wet wipes and diapers. eucalyptus oil. nipple cream, i think they gave one and i requested for one more extra (which I had to pay for). nappy rash cream i cant rmb either (sorry!).

I didnt bring much and dont rmb myself in want of anything while there. So should be ok :) The nurses are great.

I attended the baby massage class that they offered too. Which was great to help with my LO's colic and for bonding. So you can consider :)

Back