Advice needed how to handle a maid

rachel_wu

Hi,

I have employing a Pilipino maid on last week. I did plan a time table for her daily house chore. But she can finish the work in morning and I found her taking nap in the afternoon. Anyone can share their time table?

To be honest, its difficult to try to occupy their time for the whole day esp if there's no need to take care of kids. You really need to think of things to ask her to do.

did she ask ur permission b4 taking nap?She shld at least take initiative to do other things than taking nap. If she nid to wake up n feed the baby at night,then it's fine for her to take a nap.If not,i don't see a point she shld be taking nap.
does she nid to cook? Actually,if do hsework+cooking,normally take up quite a bit of time.
my ex-maid also didn't nid to take care my kid.So she also took a nap in the PM,i was angry coz she didn't finish her chores b4 taking nap.She took me for granted.She dared to rebuke me.When i asked her to take care my son,she left my son alone n did other things.
once the maid becomes rebelious,it is time to "sack" her.

for me, I planned out a time table for her and included a 1 hr nap time for her when my kids are taking their pm nap. Coz she normally wakes up by 630 to get my kids ready for sch. I think an hr nap is fair for her to rest. But up to her if she wanna sleep during that hr. After that she continues with her pm chores & dinner cooking preparation.

my maid naps too. i am okay with it if she does her work well but that's not the case. i am irritated because when she done with all the chores on the timetable, she just sit there and do nothing. either watch tv together with us or go back to her room and sit down or nap. totally no initiative to do other things. and her cleaning is not very clean and sometimes i need to check and get her to redo.

she does not need to wake up at night to look after my baby. thats why i am pissed. i am okay if she does her work well.

i did not want to sack her because i have gotten more rebellious maid before. at least the current maid does not rebut when i scold her.

Hi littleG, what time did u maid sleep?? Cos planning to get a maid too and planning out a schedule for her... feel tt there is no nd a nap if she wakes up 630am and sleeps at 930pm ...

My maid follows my kids' nap and sleeping hours. Normally an hrs nap in the afternoon & she is free to rest when the kids sleep at 9-930pm at night. But if we need her help for certain things, we'll let her know & so far she shows willingness to help

thanks for the reply
happy.gif

hi, i will like to ask when setting a schedule for them, do we really need to plan out an hourly schedule for them, or just the tasks to coomplete on a daily / weekly / monthly basis? Also, how do we really ensure they follow the time table that we set for them when i go back to work after my maternity leave ends?

I will also be getting an indo maid for the 1st time. But feeling a little lost on how to go about settling a work schedule for her. I have 2 kids, 2.5yrs and 4 month baby. Can't cope wt the housework anymore. Can any kind mummy share wt me how they plan their schedule for their maid? I will be taking care of bb myself for now. Need her mainly for housework n cooking

Back