Advice needed: Dental-Root canal on chidren aged 4. Is it necessary?

ambergold

Hi mummies,

Need advise on above. Any good recommendation on good children dentist? Pls PM me or post yr experience here. Greatly appreciated!

I do not have experience on this but has one came across a child who has had to do 4 root canals at the age of 3 or 4 years old. Is it necessary, I asked his mother? Afterall, wouldn't this milk teeth eventually be replaced by the permanent teeth? According to the mother who saw not just one but three dentists, it is necessary. Something about the fact that not having those teeth (premolars?/molars?) would have long term affect the way a child chews his food; and up to a certain stage, may limit a child's appetite and choice of foods. Then there is the point that their teeth should ideally be in position for the permanent teeth to take over, and not left "vacant" for an extended period.

I hope this helps. Please check with the dentist when in doubt. A good dentist will address all your concerns.

dentist say my 5 year old child needs root canal treatment. has tried doing fillling on the deep hole and after 1 month. my child is feeling painful. sometimes i need paracetamol to stop the pain.

Is it really neccessary??

Back