If you are keen to go into Education / F&B business, read on...

Daddy KC

Assumptions:
- this post may also benefitial to your hubby, do share with him.
- I am NOT talking about Insurance, NOT direct sales/MLM, NOT investment plan, NOT scam, NOT quickmoney scheme, NOT parttime job......etc.
- My explanation may be long (or long winded), pls bear with me as I try to be as clear a possible.

Dear all mummies,
I am a daddy to a 5 years old daughter. I came to know this forum ever since my wife got pregnant where she spent significant amount of time in this forum, which is very informative according to her. She chatted with forumers here, bought baby items, gave free items, and even sold items over the platform here. Never had it crossed my mind that I will be posting in the forum one day coz I always those this is more like a mummy's forum. I was so wrong after reading through the forum as some of the topics discussed can be informative to the father as well. So I decided to create an account and here I am :)

Like what mentioned on the subject title, I would like to share with you some info which I think could be benefitial to you. I noticed there are threads on "work from Home, anyone?" and "Tired of Word" and etc but I am NOT here to offer employment.

I am here to share with you a talk I attended recently on "Success In Business Franchising" at Civil Service Club (below).
http://www.csc.sg/HTML/Newsletter/julaug2013/finance3.html
The course was conducted by Mr. Vincent Gabriel. BTW, Mr. Gabriel is 70+ years old. (not the young speaker appeared on above link). Mr. Gabriel has been publishing more than 28 books on business and management. I particularly impressed by Mr. Gabriel's dedication to share his knowledge with those aspired to set up their own business, be it through franchising or others. There is a saying "nothing is free" but to my surprised, Mr. Gabriel actually conducted the course for free!!! I asked him what about my registration fee of $20, he said it was for renting of the premise/room to conduct the course. I cannot believe this and can only regard myself as being a lucky to have a chance to talk and seek advice from the author himself.

I heard from him during the course that he will be moving to e-reader platform (with Rank Publisher) and still have some hardcopy book (not all the titles) left. One title available in hardcopy is "Success In The Food Business". Being a reader font of hardcopy, I told Mr. Gabriel that I can volunteer to take this news to some forums to assist him to sell the book and bring together anyone who is (are) keen to hear his talk and even ask his recommendation of some business potential. He agreed. So here I am. I guess you can google his name and there will be many results returned. Below are some.
http://rankseminar.com/success-in-the-food-business
http://sgebooks.nl.sg/detail/20ba8549-265f-4f9e-9b33-ac1f3844c68e.aspx
http://www.discount.com.sg/9-90-for...ick-reference-to-facilitate-in-decision-.html
http://newarrivals.nlb.gov.sg/itemdetail.aspx?bid=13101226

Now, back to the subject title, what business oppt am I referring to? According to Mr. Gabriel, there are 5 sectors with immense potential in Singapore, with Children Education/Care being one of them. I wouldn't want to speak of all these here as it belongs to the concept of the author. I mere; want to do some introduction of him. Just to make it clear - I do NOT receive any commission or monetary rewards or whatever equivalent from him. I do this purely on voluntarily basis. I saw lots of mummies during the talk and just want to share with more audience. I am sure singaporemotherhood.com will be a good platform to share this info.

When I read through the forum threads, I am really touch that there are so many mummies here taking care of kids full time at home, the sacrifice and love for the kids are unparallel! And some are even highly educated, holding degree qualification from Biz Admin to Finance to .....and with years of working experiences! I am sure you too would like to return to workforce, for reason like having more income for family, not to be disconnected with worklife for too long but you can't because you need to take care of kid at home. I really hope you can really spare some time, give yourself a chance to get good advice from experienced people like Mr. Gabriel on what type of business with suitable for you and decide again what you want for your future. You never know those advices could lead you to starting your own business that change your life forever! In my opinion, part time job at home is good but it doesn't solve your financial need for long term. You need a more sustainable career, hopefully a growing income type.

So sorry for this lengthy write-up. If I happen to say anything wrongly, pls pardon me. My view could sometimes very much from husband perspective but I try my best to understand the view from mummy's end too.

Let me know if you are interested in the book. It is quoted at $20.20 on RankSeminar link above and you can get i there too. Also, if there is genuine interest from the forumers here who would like to attend the talk by Mr. Gabriel, I am sure I can help to arrange one.

Feel free to email or reply this post if you have any questions. Okok, too long liao. (later kanna compliant). Thk for your time. Bye.

Daddy KC
email: [email protected]

Just FYI. Berries (Enrichment in Chinese Language) has on-hold franchising for this 1~2years as they are focusing now on expending the current outlet. The latest added to the list is the one at Jurong East. So do forget about this biz oppt for now if it has been on your mind. I am sure you can try to call them again later.

I recalled one mummy is enquiring about the setting up Student Care Centre to take care of P1~P6 students before/after school needs while waiting for parent to pick them up. There is really an huge opportunity in this area in Singapore and if you are keen to explore, do let me know. I am keen too. We could consult Mr. Gabriel for advice. Thks.

After reading the title "Dear mummy, share with you this info, may change your life, forever....!" again and again, I just think the title used are too abstract and didn't give much hint before you go on to read :eek:. I must have overlooked this simple but important area. Thus, I decided to change it to "If you are keen to go into Education / F&B business, read on...".

Hope this goes well with the readers here. Thks.:)

I m interested to attend the seminar/talk. Do count me in for the next seminar. I have big dreams and working hard towards it. If there are like minded people to share any opportunities will b great.

Hi cel,

I just look up the CSC (Civil Service Club) website and there are 2 upcoming talks by Mr. Gabriel. I was told by Mr. Gabriel conducts this talk for FREE while the registration fee goes mainly for the rental of the room at CSC.

Success In Running Retail ShopsIf you’re keen on going into the retail sector, get a leg up in this workshop. You will pick up valuable tips on all aspects of the business, such as location, speciality merchandise, pricing strategies, using the internet and more!
Date: Saturday, 21 Sep 2013
Time: 2pm – 4pm
Venue: Club CSC @ Tessensohn
Fees: Member $20, Public Officer/Guest $25
(First 20 sign ups will receive a free business book worth $20)
Register by: 13 Sep 2013
http://www.csc.sg/HTML/Newsletter/sepoct2013/si13.html

Success In Running Tuiton CentresThe education sector is very promising for businesses, but it is extremely challenging to crack. Learn about entry strategies, consumer behaviors, programme pricing, business structures, using the internet, and more to succeed in this highly competitive field.
Date: Saturday, 19 Oct 2013
Time: 10am – 12pm
Venue: Club CSC @ Tessensohn
Fees: Member $20, Public Officer/Guest $25
(First 20 sign ups will receive a free business book worth $20)
Register by: 11 Oct 2013
http://www.csc.sg/HTML/Newsletter/sepoct2013/si14.html

I m sure you will meet those aspired to start their own business during the talk and exchange ideas. Enjoys :)

I will be overseas on this Thu onwards and again going to US on the 20Oct. So I will not attend the talk mentioned. My suggestion for you is NOT to restrict yourself to only the Retails Shop or Tuition Centre if you go to any of the talks. Take the opportunity to mingle with the rest and ask Mr. Gabriel any questions you may have, even if it is not related to Retails or Tuition Centre.

Back