Advice for expressing breast milk while on the go

vanefee

I'm a new mother to a 37day old boy. He's fed solely on my BM. Need advice on how to go about feeding him while im out and about. Do i have to go hunt for a nursing room each time i hv to nurse him? Or just feed him right there when he's hungry; ie bench in the park/road side/toilet cubical?

I still don't like the idea of draping a piece of cloth over him if nursing him out in the open. I will feel weird. Will my bb suffocate under the cloth?

Can any of you mummies share your BF experiences?

Hi Yvonne, for my #1, I went to the nursing room to latch him. So, impt to find places with clean and nice nursing rooms. There are many new malls with very clean nursing rooms.

But then when my baby din want to latch anymore, I pumped out and still feed him the EBM in a nursing room cos I dun like the idea of feeding him in public even tho he was feeding fr bottle.

When baby is young and latching, it will be probably easier to plan trips to places where it's more conducive for you to feed and change baby. Eg mommy friendly malls, like united square, forum, etc,

I would usually use my sling as a shield. The material is very light and porous. It would not be suffocating at all. Well, I tried it on myself and to convince my husband before baby was born.

Toilet cubicles may or may not be clean. You wouldn't want to be feeding halfway and then realize from your sense of scent that the person next door is having pungent diarrhea.

But yes, i have brought baby into the toilet before, I think that was orchard hotel.

Don't stress, play by ear. It will all work out well. Enjoy your outing!!! :)))

Nursing cover is good, can feed whenever and anywhere u want but need to be in the air con places.
It is very hot inside, I sometimes used a hand fan while feeding in e cover.

Yes, nursing covers are rather thick. Good that you have a handheld fan.

Slings or light pashminas can be used in place of nursing covers and they will serve more purposes than one.

Back