A fresh thread looking for JURONG mummys...

I'm finally going for the JWT trial class this Sat with other mummies. Will review here after the class
happy.gif

mummypooh, i find most of such classes, the locations out of the way for me man...hard to drag my boy on public transport. Yesterday brought him to Vivo and he went mad at the water fountains. We were both dripping wet after 30 mins ^^ I think he enjoyed himself sooo much so i think this might be a regular event liao, water play!

Butterwaffles,

Yeap, most classes r mostly in town area.. V inaccessible unless can drive la. Once i bring my boy to take mrt coz duno y even i bk for a cab, theres not a single 1 & d operator still can say " theres no cab in yr area". Alamak. So i have to baby carrier my boy & carry two bags & occupy a single seat in d train. Lucky he didn fuss a lot, esle gota to alight somewhere liao. Keke.

Batbat
enrichment classes for babies and toddlers
happy.gif

Butterwaffles,
Did you try Tumble Tots in Jurong east?
Heard that JWT is good but is far to travel from Jurong!
I totally agreed that a lot of good enrichment
classes are located in town!

Mummypooh,
You can view their programme from their website but don't think their babies programme is out. The school name is The Enrichment Classroom, there is one outlet located at the Jurong stadium which is for 18mths & above.
They are opening a new outlet at Bukit Gombak which they will be having babies programme.
According to the person I spoken, she said it will be flashcards learning, singing, story telling, gym, etc...She will email be for more details once their programme and school is ready! It should be opening next month and there will be a open house. Guess they will be giving free trial class
happy.gif

Pinky,
<font face="segoe ui"> i got enquire abt The Enrichment Classroom before...they told me they dun hv trial classes,but i can go and view them to see hw the class goes</font>

<font color="ff6000">Pinky, the new outlet have babies prog but the Jurong Stadium one dun have?

Can let me know if u going for the trial class and open house at Gombak, lets go together. thanks.
happy.gif
</font>

Hello Jurong Mummies,

I'm new to this thread.. Staying Jurong West St 81..

My boy currently 18 weeks.. Intending to put him to infant care.. Am looking at PCF Blk 922 branch and My First Skool at JP Branch or Blk 671A Branch.. Any comments?

Hello cartier mummy!

So far the mummies here only place our babies in ifc at 922 and MFS at Jurong Point. The rest are cc.

Think both are good or has its advantage.
Only the initial stage to get your baby to adapt is tedious.

But, if your boy start young, I think not so much stress like some of us.

Hi bat,

Heehee.. Im looking at this 2 centres as well. Hv made appt w them this coming Sat...

Actually i prefer centres located in residential areas so my hubby can drop my boy without incurring carpark chrgs...

What abt Whispering Hearts? Heehee.. Any comments?

I saw alot commented tt child tend to get sick v. easily in centres... Oh.. So worried..
What abt Whispering Hearts?

cartier mummy

Not sure whispering hearts.
Think one of cheapest in our area.
I tried to see see look look when I was pregnant but not able to get in.

Did you receive a newsletter recently.
Actually MFS going to open in Boon Lay CC.
You may want to call n try.

Whoohoo!! Thks for informing!! I juz fill up the form for MFS BL CC..
happy.gif
But new centre ok mah? Will they be too new to handle??

Yes.. Indeed Whispering Hearts is the cheapest in our area..
happy.gif
Whispering hv vacancies right now.. So i decide to go there see see this Sat...

Actually MFS(JP), PCF(922) oso hv vacancies now... Gotta make my decision coming Sat after viewing all 3...

Hi mummies, how do u all reject ur supervisor if dey ask u to stay? at 1st he proposed 3 days a wk include alt sat till i get my son a CC.. i rejected den he say need mi cum back once a wk to hand over till replacement cum.. i rejected again but he keep push and push even say i gotta ans his calls wen he call mi.. haiz.. how cum a guy can b so pushy.. rejected le still wan propose more tings..

Anyway i actually quit to work in a new plc near my hse at kian teck rd any mummies working ard dere?

btw i putting my kids in chevrons Cherie Hearts instead coz i still cant find a sch for dem near us.. haiz.. i shld haf started dem off as infant last time..
sad.gif

<font color="ff6000">Cartier Mummy, Welcome.
happy.gif
My girl is 8mths old, in this thread one of the youngest.
happy.gif
As we dun drive, so initial thot of 922 but in the end put my girl at mfs at JP.

MOst of the teacher ok, except for the Indian Teacher I dun like. The principal I also dun like.

I sent her an email yesterday and she so ya ya papaya.....

A few factors to consider is the location, cos need to pick up by 7pm.

Sam, if u follow the procedure and submit ur resignation and clear ur work, dun think they can do anything
</font>

Hi Apple,

U mean the principle at PCF(922)?.. Oh gosh..

Luckily batbat told me abt the new MFS centre at BLCC. I think tt is quite convenient for me as my company bus pick up point is at shell bus stop
happy.gif

Btw, for infant care, do they hv uniforms? Heehee.. Is it a silly qns??
happy.gif

cartier mummy
Apple refer to JP MFS.
Butterwaffles's son n my gal at 922 sparkletots.

At Jalan Bahar, there is another one I like a lot too. Agape something but too expensive. I only went once for their open house.
When I urgent need IFC 2 mths ago, I didn't call up as over my budget.
Another expensive one is at Safra.

For 922, to me, teachers are all ok, hardly interact with principal/in-charge but still ok lah. The only concern n challenge is fetching home!!! It is very inside, turn here, turn there, walk here, walk there.
If we not busy, we can pick her ard 630. When we busy, we late on a few occassions (by few mins). Got once, my husband need to alight me at the road first, n i run all the way to fetch her (as by the time he turn in will be later). If my husband cant make it, I need to stroller which she hate n scream!

But, good thing as we are starting, it is low ratio (only 5 babies to 2 main teachers, with at times another 1 to 2 assist teachers also). Now got about 9 babies!! Wahahaha... it is getting popular.

Batbat
Heard agrape at Jln bahar not good. Sil neighbour told her when she wanted to q early this yr.

Carter
New set up is much cleaner.

Hi bat,
The agape no more infant care le...
Yah.. I heard my Hubby say Blk 922 is quite inconvenient.. Coz I need to consider tt I will be taking public trpt to and fro when he on biz trip..
Location wise, I think whispering is the most convenient for me. I'm still on waiting list for Blk 671A MFS..
Btw, do we need to provide the center personal body wash, laundry detergent....etc?

Hi mummies,

Need help here... Am looking for a day time nanny from July '11 onwards... As I will return to work in July... Any mummy know nanny that support bf? I'm bf my girl now &amp; wish to bf at least till she is 6-month-old...

Do pm me if u know any, TIA!

Hi Connie, Okok Tks... Anyway I now then know BLCC is not convenient at all. I mix up the location... Heehee
So I'm left w whispering and MFS (jp/Blk 671A)

Cartier,
MFS got space? Did u ask them how long u need to wait? I'm in the wait list since 2009. haha. I give up liao.

there is another one opp JP. Depend where you stay. Can't recall the name but they have infant care.

poshies yes come with plastic caps which I bought for it. how many bottles do you want? 6 enough? hehehe... more???

pinky I bring my oldest son to The Enrichment Classroom at the jurong west stadium before! At that time, Isaac was just 25 months I think. We wanted to let him try a "lesson" environment, coz we intended to send him to pre-nursery when the twins were born. Anyway, long story short, we liked The Enrichment Classroom a lot. The teachers were very good, and Isaac enjoyed the lessons very much. I can't recall what we tried (the name of the course I mean), but it was basic learn alphabet, arts and craftwork etc. Like a kindergarten like that. In the end, we only pulled Isaac out coz we decided to put him in full day childcare coz we had problem coping with the twins and Isaac at home at the same time. We had positive experiences with The Enrichment Classroom (funny name tho!), highly recommended
happy.gif
(Nope, am in no way related to them.)

sorry guys, what is JWT?

Hi Cartier_Mummy!

<font color="0000ff">Welcome all the new mummies
happy.gif

<font color="ff0000">Samantha</font>
My office is in Tuas, hehe, quite near Kian Teck

Gosh... my #2 will be starting CC this coming Mon coz I sent my maid back to agent last Fri. Was really sudden coz she was supposed to help me till end of this mth. This mummy here is getting separation anxiety already manz..</font>

Hi COnnie,

Yes MFS (JP) got 1 slot in June. They just call me yesterday and i hv made appt w them for viewing this Sat.
I think is whispering hearts. directly opp the interchange. v convenient.

Hello pst!

Apple,
Only the new outlet will have the babies programme. Will update you once I get the info from them
happy.gif

Pst,
Thanks for the feedback! Will sure bringing my baby there to try out
happy.gif

For toddler playgroup, I also thinking of TARA @ JP, heard that this is a new school and quite a good review too!
I'm a bit kiasu, start to look out a playgroup class for my DD to attend next year
happy.gif

<font color="ff6000">Cartier Mummy, yes I am talking abt MFS at JP. My Gal inside.

Infant dun need uniform but more ex than childcare.

Yar, agree with batbat Safra that time got space but cost $1k aft subsidy. I v much wan to go but so ex.....cannot take it.

Oh talking abt ratio, the ratio @ JP is terrible. Full capacity. 1 teacher to 3 infant. And that time I sit in, 1 teacher to 6 infants lor. OMG. so I think 922 is better. But out of the way. MFS @ JP hor, we 7pm exactly reached still the last one...so hmmm....

Cartier Mummy, Blk 671 is it the one opposite the pri sch, that one the last I enquire need to wait for 30 babies. Haiz, so in the end we went to mfs @ JP. Now also quite full.

Dun need to bring shampoo and such, the infant care have. Everyday u will bring back the clothes to wash.

Pinky, okie thansk thanks. TARA is at which level huh? I saw a few but dun think saw TARA.
</font>

Tara@JP is located at 6flr, must take lift next to the McDonald.
I short-listed Tara and zoophonics at the moment
happy.gif

For zoophonics, they have twice a week(weekday) and once a week(weekend).

Finally after visiting 3 centres, I chose blk922 PCF infant care... Heehee.. Amy mummies here plc their bb there? My boy will join in 1st June

Review on JWT classes:
Trainer is not bad, session is an hour long but the hour passes by sooo fast! It's mostly physical activity but i feel that it's not suitable for my boy as he is not the type who will follow instructions and try to join the group. He has too much of a mind of his own. For mummies who wish to go, a trial is most recommended. Some young toddlers are more mild mannered and will not insist on doing their own stuff, then for such toddlers, this programme is great. But if your kids are the stubborn kind, can forget about it. What i like about the place is the indoor slides! Kids love them! But the place is fully carpeted so for mummies who have kids with sensitive noses, might not be too suitable. My boy had a great time but basically, on his own! He hates being told to do A at this time and B the next. He doesnt want to transit to another activity when the trainer says so, he cannot take it, lol.

pinky2, i never tried Tumble Tots. But now i know, such programmes not suitable for my boy. Unless its 100% free play, i doubt they r worth my money as my boy is very strong headed. Don't like to follow instructions thou he can understand them. You not kiasu lar, even PG must start to book earlier! Heh.

Cartier, my boy is at 922 ifc. So far, i'm pleased with the place, the teachers and the principal
happy.gif
She's quite good actually, i find her confident. But not much interaction with her, i interact more with the teachers
happy.gif
My boy now is 15 months old, will 'graduate' soon. Am taking him out mid August, will be going to a new cc...I heard that Whispering Hearts is not too good but i'm not sure why. I know from another mummy here that Safra Jurong ifc is fully airconditioned, some kids may not take well to that, have to depend on individual ah. If you live near JP, u can only take bus 241 to 922. I live at 987B, i walk to the centre and back. My boy's been at 922 since November last year. Batbat is right, this centre is getting real popular esp the ifc side! Bumped into an auntie who is a friend of my MIL, she also ended up putting her 3 month old grandson there as she is not in good health. So far, there is still 16 month old boy, my boy (15 month old), Batbat's gal, and a few more younger ones, 2 in the cot kind and the rest can sit liao. Also got 2 more who belong to the AM session halfday ifc so by noon, they go home already. It's already May now, by August, my boy and his friend would have left the place le
happy.gif

Samantha, kian teck so near my place...lol. I work at Cityhall ^^

pst, JWT is a kids' gym, at UE Sq :}

apple, at first i don't really take well to the indian teacher as well...but i've seen her progress and i think she has made alot of improvements already. But hor, i think she is stricter with the babies, so most of them don't take well to her. My boy till now still cannot accept her, cry like mad everytime if she's the one who receives him in the morning. The rest no problem. His favourite teacher is the currently preg muslim teacher and the PRC teacher, who's kid is also in 922, cc side...My boy going to a new centre in mid August and i worry that the new centre cannot live up to my expections. I hope the teachers are as delicated as the ifc teachers here. The principal of the new centre assured me that my boy will settle in just fine because he is already used to a structured environment. She told me in her years of experience, she find kids who were from ifc, more independant and adaptable, takes initiative as well. So take heart, your gal will develop just fine!

cartier, just realised you've already decided on 922
happy.gif
Just to share with you some useful info that a mummy shared with me before my boy joined 922. I separate my boy's items using those biggest size ziplock bags i bought from NTUC:

1 ziplock bag for baths: Towel and wash cloth
1 ziplock bag for bedtime: Blanket &amp; bolster
1 ziplock bag for clean clothes: 2 sets &amp; bib with hankie
1 ziplock bag (with 3 plastic bags) for dirty clothes, wet towel etc.
Raincoat

Heh.

Bodywash and shampoo are provided. You need to bring the following items to be kept in the centre:

1 tin of milk powder
Diapers
Diaper cream
Ru Yi oil (if you want)
Body lotion (if you want)
Wet wipes
Milk bottle
Sippy cup (when your bb is older)
Pacifier (if your bb takes that)
A basket or plastic container big enough to contain all the above items except diapers.

I also indicate the amount of water &amp; no. of scoops of milk powder on the tin to make it easier for the teachers. I label all his stuff. For his milk bottle, i label everything, the cap, the teat, the bottle.

When my boy was younger &amp; sleeping in the cot, i had to bring the cot mattress cover everyday, cannot put the cover in the centre, so just to let you know. My boy no longer sleeps in the cot when he was 11 months old as he got too big for it. Now sleeping on the blue 'mattress'
happy.gif
Last time, i use my carrier to carry my boy to the centre as i walk/take bus. Quite ok and after i drop him, i just fold the carrier and put it into the bag. They have a pigeon hole for every baby. Hope your bb will be happy at 922, am quite sure the teachers will take good care of your bb
happy.gif

butterwaffles,

Whahaha.. you got so many ziplock bag??!!
I only got 1 for dirty towel, clothes, bibs, etc.
For bodywash n shampoo, i bring my own.
I also provide bread, biscuits n baby crackers.

Last week, heart pain.
My gal got a cut in her gum when biting one of the toy at 922. Heard she fell.
sad.gif

The teachers apologise and I accept it (since nothing can be done anyway).

Then at night, she fuss a lot when bathing which is unusual as she like it normally??
sad.gif
sad.gif

About 8plus, we bring her for injection. No fever but very crankly from friday till last night, almost 2am!!
sad.gif
sad.gif
sad.gif
sad.gif

We almost sending her to KK in the early hrs.
Before stepping out of the house which is almost 2 am, She stop crying n look dreamy. We decide to drive around the neighbourhood first and true enought she finally felt asleep in the car within 30secs!

Oh gosh. I took "urgent" childcare leave today to rest. Scare tonight she crankly again.

Dont really know what happen to her.

Apple
Acutally I think at certain times, it happen in 922 also, where one teacher vs 3 to 5 (or maybe 6) alone when one is attedning to other stuff.

The ratio thing is very funny. I heard it is 1:3 and I also heard it is 1:5 for infant care?

Cartier Mummy,
Welcome "onboard" to 922.
By the way, we didn't let the school know butterwaffles n myself know each other.
Keep low profile and we can provide feedback and lookout for each other.

<font color="ff6000">Butterwaffles, how come u not sticking to 922 CC aft she grad fr infant care?

batbat, I think the ratio shld be officially 1:3.
</font>

<font color="ff6000">Cartier Mummy, can I know ur reason for choosing 922? Why not mfs @ JP?

Anyway Did u saw my girl on Sat at mfs @ JP? She wore long pants up to her chest as usual. Like going to aerobic like that.
</font>

Cartier mummy,
What madenu choose 922? It seems like I can't get any nanny in our area... Might give in to IFC... I also live at Jurong West St. 81... Haiz...

Hi butter,
I dun quite like whispering hearts as it's small and dark. The upkeep is also not as good.. Y not continue yur boy at 922?
Tks for yur info!!! I will sit in w my boy on 1st June..
Hi bat,
Yes. Agree lor. Low profile better.. Share info... Heehee
Hi apple &amp; hippo,
Hmm actually I like both centers.. MFS is more spacious but it's air-condition.. Im afraid my boy will be too used to it... And I saw the bb there all dress up like winter... Its rather cold... I'm oso afraid my boy can't take it... And i only on AC during sleeping time... 922 mention they on AC during napping and on hot weather... And 922 is v bright...
Apple, ohh... I think I saw yur gal.. V obedient lei... Can play on herself... Heehee

Hi hippo,
My boy is now w nanny... But had some prob so I decide to send him to IFC. Its impt to find nanny who is co-operative .. Maybe they feel tt they r v experience and tend to ignore yur instructions. Tt my pt of view.. Of coz there is good nanny out there

Cartier Mummy
Butterwaffles moving to north-east that is why need to pull her son out.

By the way, 922 pigeon hole very small. So left whatever there and just bring 2 or 3 set of clothes, 1 towel, 1 hankerchief, 1 bib, 1 blanket, 1 bedsheet cover (if still sleeping on cot), 1 bloster, n i think some may bring pillow.

The rest like what butterwaffles mentioned can remain there. Once finishing soon, they will tick on the update file.

batbat, agree with Apple, official ratio is 1:3. I haven't seen 922 teachers having 1:6! 1:3 is usually what i see...last evening was good, all 3 teachers were present :p Poor girl! Is she alright now? She was sitting at the kiddy table eating bread when i fetched my boy yesterday. I blew her a kiss and she just continued munching heh. Later im picking my boy up at noon, he's having his MMR and chicken pox jabs at KKH. Sure hope he won't get a fever thereafter...usually, kids are cranky after jabs. I think somehow, they just don't feel well...You must have been so tired, can understand how exhausted you guys must be! Must take a rest now and then at home and leave your gal at 922. If we parents don't recharge, we cannot care for our kids properly...

apple, yeah man im moving to Sengkang in August. Actually, even if im not moving to Sengkang, my boy may have to leave 922 as well because i've actually secured a place for him at ichiban montessori, where Cheesecake's gal is. I like the place and the principal. And of cos, their emphasis on P1 prep, hehe. But too bad, my boy no yuan with ichiban. You may consider this centre, if u have a higher budget. When i placed deposit that time, the fees were alright. Now increase so much ^^

cartier, i understand. My boy used to be taken care of by my MIL and of cos, she doesn't listen to me. They will think they eat salt more than we eat rice, why must listen to us youngsters? They will think they are more experienced and they know best. I had a hard time with my MIL. Now everything is well thou it's more tiring as i have to prepare dinner and bathe him in the evenings. But i find it all worth it as i really bonded with my boy and now he really clings to me
happy.gif
Thou tired, i enjoy special bond i have with him, and seeing his happy face every evening when i fetch him, always lift my spirits, no matter how shitty the day has been at work!

<font color="ff6000">Cartier Mummy, I dun think my Gal obedient ahhah, she cant really sit as yet, the most noise one I think might be her.

Yar lor, We need to let her wear "Winter Wear" at the centre.

Act I will chose 922 if it is not out of the way.

Hippo, I use to stay at St 81 too, now is just abt 1 streets away.

Butterwaffles, dun think I have the budget, is a little bit out of the way too.
Thou is good but....
</font>

HI All,
so long nvr come in, so much to catch up.

Went short holiday over Vesak Weekend and come back BB sick and rested 2 more days. So 1 week nvr go CC. Now he dun wan to go. cry and cry.. so sad.. think cannot disrupt bb's routine to go CC.. dun noe need how long to be back to normal.

Kidslink @ JE moved liao.. to the block inside facing the hawker (beside the pet shop) , no longer face the main road.

Last week, BB sick, brought him to My Family Clinic as Kidslink not open. Dr Hau was not in, so saw Dr Joel Teo (not sure if I got name correct, coz just glanced at the nametag when I entered)

Doc was nice and friendly. But wasnt really able to diagnose much as there was really no other symptoms but high fever (40 deg cel) so he could only prescribe fever med and antibotics.

But wat surprised me was that next day he called me to check on my BB's status. Was glad that the Doc care enough of his patients.
happy.gif

BTW anyone tried the cleaning lady Poshies intro? I am gg to call her later.

butterwaffles
922, I have not seen with my own eyes also where 1 teacher vs 6 kids for a long time. Dont think they really "dare" as their concept is very much open compare to MFS (which is air-con always, curtain down or confined area) at the IFC.
But, you never know. Maybe not for very long time, just a while??!! Imagine now 9 babies, only 2 teachers available during morning or late afternoon. If one baby (or parent) is coming at the door step, the teacher need to receive him/her, the other teacher look after at the rest n maybe signal to the other door to ask for help.
So, for a split second, the teacher may be alone with many babies?

Injection (pneumococcal)
Last time after injection, she will be cranky but ok within 2 days (no fever so far but perspire a lot).
However, this time, alamak, cranky for many many days. Worse was Sunday night which was 3 days after injection.

MMR + Chicken pox.
My gal next injection is this.
I am thniking only MMR.
Heard from old ppl better let chicken pox come out leh?

Hep A (optional)
Doc recommend this.
Does anyone get their babies inject this?

Back